Nokare-Zahra

• Advanced Members
  • PipPip
  • 505 posts
  • Religion:Shia
  • Interests:Serving Ahlulbayt

Posted 02 December 2010 - 06:57 AM

(salam)

I love Sheikh Hamza Sodagar as a speaker, but seriously.. some things he said needs to be questioned:

- Hamza Sodagar said that Khamanei reached the ijtihad after 11 years of studying Bathe-Kharif, and that Khamanei gave lessons when he was 19.. My question is, don't you need other scholars for confirmation if you have reached ijtihad?

- Hamza Sodagar said ' Shaheed Sadr was a mujtahid before he was baligh ' .. (Check 11:10) .. Seriously? How is that possible? One can only be be a mujtahid if he has reached baligh. He also said 'Sayed Khoei said that about Shaheed Sadr', yet did not give any concrete evidence/books to prove this statement.

- Hamza Sodagar said 'When Khamanei got involved in politics, he still gave lessons' .. Where exactly?

Haven't seen the rest of the video.

Eltemase Doa.

Edited by Nokare-Zahra, 02 December 2010 - 06:58 AM.

#102 Orion

Orion

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,979 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 07:13 AM

My question is, don't you need other scholars for confirmation if you have reached ijtihad?

(bismillah)

"Ayatollah Sayyid Ali Khamenei obtained a licence for ijtihad (deduction of legal judgements) from his teacher, Ayatollah al-Udhma Ha'iri in 1974, after attending bahth ul-kharij for more than fifteen years".

(Ref: Biography of Ayatullah Khamenei, See link )

WS

#103 Nokare-Zahra

Nokare-Zahra

• Advanced Members
  • PipPip
  • 505 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 07:16 AM

(salam)

(bismillah)

"Ayatollah Sayyid Ali Khamenei obtained a licence for ijtihad (deduction of legal judgements) from his teacher, Ayatollah al-Udhma Ha'iri in 1974, after attending bahth ul-kharij for more than fifteen years".

(Ref: Biography of Ayatullah Khamenei, See link )

WS

Thank you clarifying. Was there anyone else?

Eltemase Doa.

#104 Replicant

Replicant

You'll Never Walk Alone

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,781 posts
  • Religion:Islam

Posted 02 December 2010 - 07:19 AM

Posted Image
- Hamza Sodagar said ' Shaheed Sadr was a mujtahid before he was baligh ' .. (Check 11:10) .. Seriously? How is that possible? One can only be be a mujtahid if he has reached baligh. He also said 'Sayed Khoei said that about Shaheed Sadr', yet did not give any concrete evidence/books to prove this statement.

Posted Image
Bro, it's kind of a well known fact that Shaheed Sadr Posted Image was a super genius. I think what Sheikh meant is that he had the qualities to be a mujtahid before being baligh but they obviously had to wait until he turned 15 or whatever to give him the right of ijtihad and for people to follow him, which is exactly what they did. I've heard this many times - on his birthday he was told that Taqleed is now haram for you and you have the right to ijtihad. If I'm not mistaken, only 3 people have ever done this, another one of them being Allama Hilli Posted Image I THINK.

Edited by Replicant, 02 December 2010 - 07:24 AM.

#105 cc_30

cc_30

• Advanced Members
  • PipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 07:40 AM

From Ayatullah Sayyid Sadiq Ruhani's website:

Verified by the great Ayatollah and religious authorities, Ayatollah Rohani reached the stage of "religious authority" being only 14 years old.

http://www.emamrohan.../home/?body=bio

#106 Nokare-Zahra

Nokare-Zahra

• Advanced Members
  • PipPip
  • 505 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 07:52 AM

(salam)

With all due respect, anyone can post something like in their own website. It does not provide any reliability or proof.

Eltemase Doa.

#107 MAFHJ

MAFHJ

Ya Zahraa'

• Chat Mod
  • 308 posts
  • Religion:Ahlulbayt School of Thought: Shia

Posted 02 December 2010 - 08:11 AM

(salam)

Thank you clarifying. Was there anyone else?

Eltemase Doa.

Salamu alaikum,
If you are talking about his Ijtehad in general, then yes. Automaticaelly Imam Khomeini and the 80 top scholars in majlis alkhobara who appointed Sayyed Ali Khamenei as the supreme leader also witness his ijtehad, because being a mujtahid is a necessary qualification for a supreme leader according to the constitution.

It can be seen in 1:30 of this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xq2-_eGlshI

Also Ayatullah Mah Shahroodi the top student of Sayyed Mohammed Baqir al-Sadr.(Who talks about his a'lamiyyat in his book, but we are discussing his ijtehad for now)
Sayyed Kamal al-Haydari witnesses his Ijtehad(on his website)
Sayyed Ali al-Alawi wmoud Hashemi) witnesses his Ijtehad( A prominent mujtahid in Qum)(on his website)
The list goes on but I think this is enough to clarify the point.

Edited by MAFHJ, 02 December 2010 - 08:12 AM.

#108 Nokare-Zahra

Nokare-Zahra

• Advanced Members
  • PipPip
  • 505 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 08:12 AM

(salam)

Brother, that is the election to choose the next supreme leader.. Nothing got to do with ijtihad

Eltemase Doa.

#109 MAFHJ

MAFHJ

Ya Zahraa'

• Chat Mod
  • 308 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 08:15 AM

(salam)

Brother, that is the election to choose the next supreme leader.. Nothing got to do with ijtihad

Eltemase Doa.

Salamu alaikum,

If you read what I said, it is necessary to be a mujtahid inorder to qualify as a supreme leader according to the constitution....So everyone who elected him, witness his ijtehad.

Edited by MAFHJ, 02 December 2010 - 08:16 AM.

#110 Nokare-Zahra

Nokare-Zahra

• Advanced Members
  • PipPip
  • 505 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 08:17 AM

(salam)

Salamu alaikum,

If you read what I said, it is necessary to be a mujtahid inorder to qualify as a supreme leader according to the constitution....

Was there any marja's in this video to prove that they classify Khamanei as a mujtahid ? It can't be elected by people who just wear turbans

Eltemase Doa.

Edited by Nokare-Zahra, 02 December 2010 - 08:18 AM.

#111 shiasoldier786

shiasoldier786

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,835 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 08:23 AM

(salam)

Was there any marja's in this video to prove that they classify Khamanei as a mujtahid ? It can't be elected by people who just wear turbans

Eltemase Doa.

All of the members of the assembly of experts are impartially elected Mujtahids. Marjas are simply Mujtahids that publish their risalahs.

#112 MAFHJ

MAFHJ

Ya Zahraa'

• Chat Mod
  • 308 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 08:34 AM

(salam)

Eltemase Doa.

Salamu alaikum,

If you go to any marja's website and look for "how do we identify a mujtahid" , the answer is to refer to ahlul khubra. The people in this video are more qualified then qualified to be ahlul khibra, consisting of many mujtahids if you look at them closely, more overly they are "ahlul Khibra".
Also what about the other names I mentioned, are those not enough. Do you want more? Imam Khomeini, Ayatullah Shahroodi, etc.

Edited by MAFHJ, 02 December 2010 - 08:34 AM.

#113 Nokare-Zahra

Nokare-Zahra

• Advanced Members
  • PipPip
  • 505 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 08:35 AM

(salam)

People in this video, I don't even know any of them.

Khomeini has spoken about the ijtihad of Khamanei? Provide me with reference.

#114 MAFHJ

MAFHJ

Ya Zahraa'

• Chat Mod
  • 308 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 09:14 AM

(salam)

People in this video, I don't even know any of them.

Khomeini has spoken about the ijtihad of Khamanei? Provide me with reference.

Salamu alaikum,

Brother, do you actually go through the posts, look at the video please, that is a clear reference. From 1:50, it is narrated what Imam Khomeini had said about Sayyed Ali Khamenei.
Also if you want more Maraja':

Ayatullah Jawadi Amuli
Ayatullah Lankarani
Ayatullah Safi Gulpaygani

Reference: Wilayat and Marja'iyat

Sheikh Hassanzadah Amuli(one of the most prominent scholars of our time):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZP1VvsT39Yk

Really, I don't know why people still question his ijtehad, it is very clear.

Edited by MAFHJ, 02 December 2010 - 09:39 AM.

#115 cc_30

cc_30

• Advanced Members
  • PipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 09:14 AM

Could someone post where Sayyid Kamal (ha) says it on his site?

#116 Orion

Orion

• Advanced Members
  • 7,979 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 09:30 AM

really, I don't know why people still question his ijtehad, it is very clear.

Its a tradition, brother. These are old tricks. Those who opposed Late Imam Khomeini (AR) questioned his Ijtehad too. They said he was made a Grand Ayatullah overnight to save his life. Now they say Ayatullah Khamene'i was made an Ayatullah to become the Leader........ They never stop. :unsure:

WS

Edited by Orion, 02 December 2010 - 09:48 AM.

#117 Major Shia

Major Shia

May Allah Curse the Opressors of Ahlul-Bayt

• Advanced Members
  • PipPip
  • 353 posts
  • Religion:Follower of the Lion of Allah
  • Interests:Learning about Islam

Posted 02 December 2010 - 09:09 PM

I would like to know one thing about this forum: Why don't people keep their opinions to themselves?

When will you people realize that it's these kinds of arguments that are keeping Shia apart? No matter how hard you try, no one will unite with Sunnis when you can't even unite with each other first.

Whether you think Sayyed Khamenei or Khamenei is a mujtahid/marjaa or not, it's your opinion. Just follow the Ayatollah that you think is the most knowledgeable, and that's it. I have friends that follow Sayyed Fadlallah, Khamenei, Sistani, and much more. If I expressed my opinion on each marjaa, I would have to no longer talk to my grandparents, my cousins, and the rest of my family.

Edited by Major Shia, 02 December 2010 - 09:10 PM.

#118 hameedeh

hameedeh

Emeritus Guest since 2002

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,091 posts
  • Religion:Shia Islam
  • Interests:www.al-islam.org/
    www.khamenei.ir/
    www.leader.ir/

Posted 02 December 2010 - 10:29 PM

(bismillah)
(salam)

Attached Thumbnails

• K5.jpg
  • khamenei Imam.jpg

#119 Al-Afasy

Al-Afasy

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 10:46 PM

(bismillah)
(salam)

THANK YOU SISTER!!!!!

#120 muhammad_follower

muhammad_follower

• Advanced Members
  • PipPip
  • 554 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 11:45 PM

This is SOOO disgusting.

I am used to FILTHY people on this forum saying rubbish about Imam Khamenei(rah) who became MUJTAHID at 19 years of age, and LEADS a Grand Ayatullah in prayer at such a young age!

BUT when these filth, lower themselves to such an extent that they try and question Muhammad Baaqir al-Sadr(rah).

I have an audio lecture, during one of Sayyid Kamaal al-Haidary's Hawza lectures - he mentioned how he was PERSONALLY with Imam al-Khoie(rah) who told him that Muhammad Baaqir al-Sadr had reached Ijtihaad at such a young age, and was one of the leaders (in terms of knowledge) OF THE HAWZA!

Nokare-Zahra... ONLY Allah(swt) knows how much I love you! But please, whatever you feel in your heart, just hide it for a while... and through Allah's(swt) mercy He will give you a heart that does NOT feel angry/annoyed at anything in his world inshaAllah.

Wsalam wr wb

#121 muhammad_follower

muhammad_follower

• Advanced Members
  • PipPip
  • 554 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 03:29 AM

This is SOOO disgusting.

I am used to FILTHY people on this forum saying rubbish about Imam Khamenei(rah) who became MUJTAHID at 19 years of age, and LEADS a Grand Ayatullah in prayer at such a young age!

BUT when these filth, lower themselves to such an extent that they try and question Muhammad Baaqir al-Sadr(rah).

I have an audio lecture, during one of Sayyid Kamaal al-Haidary's Hawza lectures - he mentioned how he was PERSONALLY with Imam al-Khoie(rah) who told him that Muhammad Baaqir al-Sadr had reached Ijtihaad at such a young age, and was one of the leaders (in terms of knowledge) OF THE HAWZA!

Nokare-Zahra... ONLY Allah(swt) knows how much I love you! But please, whatever you feel in your heart, just hide it for a while... and through Allah's(swt) mercy He will give you a heart that does NOT feel angry/annoyed at anything in his world inshaAllah.

Wsalam wr wb

Sorry I didn't mean to call anyone filthy, especially not my beloved brother Nokare-Zahra. It was a slip of the tongue and fingers, and I got a bit angry :(

forgive me.

Wsalam wr wb

#122 Nokare-Zahra

Nokare-Zahra

• Advanced Members
  • PipPip
  • 505 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 10:41 AM

(salam)

I would like to know one thing about this forum: Why don't people keep their opinions to themselves?

When will you people realize that it's these kinds of arguments that are keeping Shia apart? No matter how hard you try, no one will unite with Sunnis when you can't even unite with each other first.

Whether you think Sayyed Khamenei or Khamenei is a mujtahid/marjaa or not, it's your opinion. Just follow the Ayatollah that you think is the most knowledgeable, and that's it. I have friends that follow Sayyed Fadlallah, Khamenei, Sistani, and much more. If I expressed my opinion on each marjaa, I would have to no longer talk to my grandparents, my cousins, and the rest of my family.

If everyone keeps their opinions to themselves, then whats the point of a forum? Whats the point of a discussion board?

But, I will leave this topic.

This is SOOO disgusting.

Wsalam wr wb

Sorry I didn't mean to call anyone filthy, especially not my beloved brother Nokare-Zahra. It was a slip of the tongue and fingers, and I got a bit angry :(

forgive me.

Wsalam wr wb

He was referring to me. I love you both :)

May Alla ÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì protect all our scholars, and I apologise for everything

Eltemase Doa.

Edited by Nokare-Zahra, 03 December 2010 - 10:41 AM.

#123 Orion

Orion

• Advanced Members
  • 7,979 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 11:12 AM

If I expressed my opinion on each marjaa, I would have to no longer talk to my grandparents, my cousins, and the rest of my family.

What you have stated is a disease. If someone has bad opinions about scholars it comes out one way or the other. Why do we have to look down at Marjas that differ with our understanding of the religion. Why cant we resepect all Marjas regardless if we agree with them or not and follow them or not.

#124 Major Shia

Major Shia

May Allah Curse the Opressors of Ahlul-Bayt

• Advanced Members
  • PipPip
  • 353 posts
  • Religion:Follower of the Lion of Allah
  • Interests:Learning about Islam

Posted 03 December 2010 - 03:55 PM

What you have stated is a disease. If someone has bad opinions about scholars it comes out one way or the other. Why do we have to look down at Marjas that differ with our understanding of the religion. Why cant we resepect all Marjas regardless if we agree with them or not and follow them or not.

Forgive me, I didn't mean that I have negative feelings towards marjaas. I phrased it incorrectly. What I meant to say that if I had a feeling towards any marjaa, I shouldn't say it.

If everyone keeps their opinions to themselves, then whats the point of a forum? Whats the point of a discussion board?

The point of a forum is to learn things, not express opinions on sensitive topics and cause problems, brother.

#125 muhammad_follower

muhammad_follower

• Advanced Members
  • PipPip
  • 554 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 08:24 PM

Posted Image

Does anyone know the 2 scholars behind him [with white turbans]?

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users