Scientific Authenticity Of Quran

12 replies to this topic

#1 a confused soul

a confused soul
  • Basic Members
  • 2 posts
  • Religion:islam

Posted 10 September 2010 - 06:50 AM

i started research on different religions but on very first stage there came across a few things which shook my faith in islam,, we had been told since childhood that Quran is flawless and being word of God each and every word is authentic, but, i found many things which contradicts with modern science and research
in Quran earth has been explianed to be flat, infact flat like a carpet but everyone knows that earh is round and not flat, and in some places it's refrerred to be like an ostrich egg but science still doesn not accept this.
in Quran t has been written that angels pull or push from east to west which make day and night, now n this modern era everyone knows that earth revolves round sun and it's not the sun revolving round the earth
and about the creation of human beings it's written that Allah forms skeleton first and then cover it with flesh which is totally wrong and modern science outrules this
heart has been given the place of mind in many places
if Quran is the word of God then does not God know whether its sun or earth which revolve around another? earth is not flat etc etc
besides these we do not find any extra knowledge about universe, creation of universe or any thing scientific which was not in human knowledge around 1500 years ago and was later discovered
prophet Mohammed predicted so many things but just about doomsday destrucion of human beings, dajjal, earthquakes but we dont find any prediction about progress of technology and science,,
im really confused and so many doubts in mind about authenticity of Quran

#2 Ali_Hussain

Ali_Hussain

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,460 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 06:54 AM

watch 'the divine book' on youtube, it doesn't clear up your misconceptions, but will show you some of the miracle of the Qur'an

#3 MFAHH

MFAHH

الإسلام

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,006 posts
  • Religion:دين علي

Posted 10 September 2010 - 06:56 AM

http://www.answering.../ac20.htm#links

#4 Haydar Husayn

Haydar Husayn

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,711 posts
  • Religion:Islam

Posted 10 September 2010 - 08:23 AM

I would advise you not to spend to much time looking at polemics against Islam until you have gained more certainty in your faith, because otherwise even small things could shake you and you will spend all your time forever checking things. Having said that, if you do come across things that disturb you, here are some sites to look at:
http://www.islamic-awareness.org/
http://www.bismikaallahuma.org/
http://www.call-to-monotheism.com/home
http://muslim-responses.com/
http://www.answering...ian-claims.com/

With regard specifically to the embryology question, there was a long debate on this and other scientific issues between Zakir Naik and William Campbell that is available on youtube. Considering this was the only debate Zakir Naik has ever done, he must have felt quite confident on this ground, and most people do think he won the debate.

The main thing to remember is that these claims against Islam have been around for a long time, so if they were going to refute Islam they would have done so by now.

#5 .InshAllah.

.InshAllah.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,844 posts
  • Interests:http://godandphilosophy.wordpress.com/

Posted 10 September 2010 - 08:55 AM

in Quran earth has been explianed to be flat, infact flat like a carpet but everyone knows that earh is round and not flat, and in some places it's refrerred to be like an ostrich egg but science still doesn not accept this.
in Quran t has been written that angels pull or push from east to west which make day and night, now n this modern era everyone knows that earth revolves round sun and it's not the sun revolving round the earth
and about the creation of human beings it's written that Allah forms skeleton first and then cover it with flesh which is totally wrong and modern science outrules this
if Quran is the word of God then does not God know whether its sun or earth which revolve around another? earth is not flat etc etc

Relative to us the earth is flat; if this wasn't the case then our lives would be a lot harder. Relative to us the sun moves around the earth (that's why we say ''the Sun has set/risen''). A skeleton made of cartilage forms before being covered in muscles (according to classical arab dictionaries cartilage is defined as itham layyin - weak bone).

#6 Muntasir

Muntasir

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts
  • Religion:None

Posted 10 September 2010 - 09:21 AM

The Quran is a book of belief , there is no science in it, it is merely faith. These two have no correlation.

#7 mehdi soldier

mehdi soldier

mehdi soldier

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,360 posts
  • Interests:RELIGIONS,DEBATES,SPORTS....

Posted 10 September 2010 - 11:12 AM

i started research on different religions but on very first stage there came across a few things which shook my faith in islam,, we had been told since childhood that Quran is flawless and being word of God each and every word is authentic, but, i found many things which contradicts with modern science and research

first brother,the quran does not say the earth is flat.the verese that give a hint of flat have to do with the land the people walk on,plant and can see.Allah always point using those verse the wide expanse of the earth which is a sustenance proivided for ungrateful humans.secondly,if we are to examine those verese closely we can also make sense to say they dont at all refer to the earth as a flat planet.the word used in arabic is "firasha".firasha can be interpreted as a spread,carpet,layout.i dont think that gives a sense of shape.

it is also inconceivable to understand why would Allah say the earth is flat and then somewhere else he says "dahaha"-which means "egg-shaped".it is only logical to say that when Allah is talking about the wide expanse of the earth or rather the land people can see that is when people get a hint of flatness,but which is also disputable.

a very logical argument put forth i think on www.answering-christianity.com is that a carpet take the shape of the surface it is spread upon.a carpet is not always flat!if you spread a carpet on the entire earth it doesn't necessarily have to be flat.does it?

and about the creation of human beings it's written that Allah forms skeleton first and then cover it with flesh which is totally wrong and modern science outrules thisheart has been given the place of mind in many places

i can confidently beat my chest and stand tall and say the quran says none of those two accusations.if you dont believe please put forth the verses you are talking about because i've never read that in the quran,

the quran clearly states that the heavenly bodies move in an orbit.

besides these we do not find any extra knowledge about universe, creation of universe or any thing scientific which was not in human knowledge around 1500 years ago and was later discovered
prophet Mohammed predicted so many things but just about doomsday destrucion of human beings, dajjal, earthquakes but we dont find any prediction about progress of technology and science,,

We will show them Our Signs in the universe, and in their own selves, until it becomes manifest to them that this (the Qur'ân) is the truth. Is it not sufficient in regard to your Lord that He is a Witness over all things? the noble Quran 41:53

Posted Image

And when the heaven splitteth asunder and becometh ROSY LIKE PAINT - (The Noble Quran, 55:37)

Posted Image

By the heaven and the Tareq (pulsating) Star (1) - Ah, what will tell thee what the Tareq Star is! (2) - The piercing Star! (3) (Holy Qur'an 86:1-3)

inshaAllah if time permits,i will post more of science and the quran.

Edited by mehdi soldier, 10 September 2010 - 11:17 AM.

#8 Muntasir

Muntasir

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 04:10 PM

And here folks we have someone who confuses science with faith, and tries to intervene what sounds good with science. :)

#9 Muhammed Ali

Muhammed Ali

• Mods
  • 5,394 posts
  • Interests:Allah

Posted 10 September 2010 - 07:15 PM

حَتَّىٰ إِذَا جَاءَنَا قَالَ يَا لَيْتَ بَيْنِي وَبَيْنَكَ بُعْدَ الْمَشْرِقَيْنِ فَبِئْسَ الْقَرِينُ
[Shakir 43:38] Until when he comes to Us, he says: O would that between me and you there were the distance of the two easts; so evil is the associate!

This is one of the verses that perhaps indirectly proves that the Quran affirms in the roundness of the earth. Here a person tells a shaitan that he wishes the distance between them was the same as the distance between the two easts (where the sun rises). Here the two easts would have to be the longest possible distance on the Earth since this is what is wished by the person. If the earth was flat then there would only be one east.

Edited by Muhammed Ali, 10 September 2010 - 07:15 PM.

#10 mehdi soldier

mehdi soldier

mehdi soldier

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,360 posts
  • Interests:RELIGIONS,DEBATES,SPORTS....

Posted 13 September 2010 - 11:34 AM

And here folks we have someone who confuses science with faith, and tries to intervene what sounds good with science. :)

so are you saying there is nothing relating to science in the quran or scientific?if so then,you better tell this to those finding scientific "mistakes" in the quran.

if there are scientific verses,and i am mixing things up,please try and enlighten us by separating the two.show us the way ahead.

#11 eThErEaL

eThErEaL

eThErEaL

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,174 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 06:06 PM

i started research on different religions but on very first stage there came across a few things which shook my faith in islam,, we had been told since childhood that Quran is flawless and being word of God each and every word is authentic, but, i found many things which contradicts with modern science and researchin Quran earth has been explianed to be flat, infact flat like a carpet but everyone knows that earh is round and not flat, and in some places it's refrerred to be like an ostrich egg but science still doesn not accept this.

What is your religion? To me it seems you have ALREADY made up your mind about what your religion is! your religion Is, and always was Modern Science! The parts in bold are more than enough to confirm this.

I dont intend to sound harsh. I intend merely to point something i find terribly wrong amongst most "muslims" today with respect to their conception of WHAT RELIGION IS! They dont know WHAT it is! They dont see Religion as a sui generis. Rather we find that they have confused it for politics, modern science, hobbies, health and every other HOT topic of our day that one can possibly conceive of. Religion has one purpose, and that is to guide mankind toward their salvation (which is knowledge of God). And religion saves mankind by first guiding them through a symbolic and mythic language about reality as God sees it or as God wants man to see it (NOT as modern scientists want man to see reality)! Let us have faith in religion as IT REALLY IS! Religion NEEDS to be seen as a phenomena by itself! Isnt this apparant? Isnt this obvious? Especially when we look at all the world religions throughout history, and when we look at what it has tried to do for mankind? Where do we think all these different religions have come from? what is the common theme that underlies all these religions? It is nothing but knowledge and a means towards God! And these religions do that in their own unique way (through their symbolsim and rites). So let us start respecting them. For they are all sacred. These are unique and sacred signs of God.
Has anyone noticed that those people who make a big deal about the Qoran and Modern Science needing to be reconciled are the very ones who who have no respect and in fact bash other divinely revealed religions? These people are none other than the fundamentalist (aka most of the Salafis). unfortunately people are oblivious to the fact that such a mentality is not only amongst them, but has over the years increasingly crept in and infected the mentality of many non-salfis as well.

Edited by eThErEaL, 13 September 2010 - 06:54 PM.

#12 Ishraq

Ishraq

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 162 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 08:55 PM

What is your religion? To me it seems you have ALREADY made up your mind about what your religion is! your religion Is, and always was Modern Science! The parts in bold are more than enough to confirm this.

I dont intend to sound harsh. I intend merely to point something i find terribly wrong amongst most "muslims" today with respect to their conception of WHAT RELIGION IS! They dont know WHAT it is! They dont see Religion as a sui generis. Rather we find that they have confused it for politics, modern science, hobbies, health and every other HOT topic of our day that one can possibly conceive of. Religion has one purpose, and that is to guide mankind toward their salvation (which is knowledge of God). And religion saves mankind by first guiding them through a symbolic and mythic language about reality as God sees it or as God wants man to see it (NOT as modern scientists want man to see reality)! Let us have faith in religion as IT REALLY IS! Religion NEEDS to be seen as a phenomena by itself! Isnt this apparant? Isnt this obvious? Especially when we look at all the world religions throughout history, and when we look at what it has tried to do for mankind? Where do we think all these different religions have come from? what is the common theme that underlies all these religions? It is nothing but knowledge and a means towards God! And these religions do that in their own unique way (through their symbolsim and rites). So let us start respecting them. For they are all sacred. These are unique and sacred signs of God.
Has anyone noticed that those people who make a big deal about the Qoran and Modern Science needing to be reconciled are the very ones who who have no respect and in fact bash other divinely revealed religions? These people are none other than the fundamentalist (aka most of the Salafis). unfortunately people are oblivious to the fact that such a mentality is not only amongst them, but has over the years increasingly crept in and infected the mentality of many non-salfis as well.

I second that. Well said friend.

Edited by Ishraq, 13 September 2010 - 08:55 PM.

#13 Muntasir

Muntasir

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 05:28 PM

By the heaven and the Tareq (pulsating) Star (1) - Ah, what will tell thee what the Tareq Star is! (2) - The piercing Star! (3) (Holy Qur'an 86:1-3)

What does knowledge in science have to do with anything in the Quran?

Tareq (or Tariq, same word), from the root Tarq, means striking hard enough to produce a sound, or hitting. There are two Surahs named Al Tariq and At Tariq, and for the entire history of Islam (as well as in common usage of the language) these were referred to as "the morning star" and "the evening star," both referring to the same "star" (actually a planet, Venus), with the meaning of "piercing the darkness" -- as Venus is the brightest object (but not a star) when it's up in the morning or evening. The same usage (referring to the morning or evening "star" which is not a star, it's a planet) was applied to the verse you quote for all of Islamic history...until after 1967, that is.

In 1967, radio astronomers at Cambridge identified distant stars (most not visible to the naked eye) that pulse regularly and very rapidly in radio waves -- pulsars. We now know these are mostly neutron stars, incredibly dense and spinning very rapidly on their axes, giving off radio waves in the process.

In a spectacular post-hoc attempt (as with all others) to claim their holy book "knew" about these things, some Muslims have claimed that Al Tariq/At Tariq really wasn't referring to the morning/evening star (which isn't a star), it was really referring to these just-discovered pulsars. See? Our holy book knew about pulsars before any astronomer did! Only god can do that! Yeah, right. Only nobody ever claimed they meant "pulsars" before astronomers discovered pulsars, and pulsars don't make any sound (their emissions are in radio waves, not audio frequencies). And doing so negates the references to Venus that Muslims used for about 1,000 years.

It's nonsense. "Tarq" does not mean pulsating, its usage in the Quran and Surahs refers to Venus, and desperate delusionals try to fit modern science to their book to justify their superstitious beliefs. If they had known about pulsars long before science, why did they always use these verses to refer to Venus (and incorrectly as a star), and never say anything about stars that can't be seen pulsating in radio waves? They didn't.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users