No doubt a Zionist conspiracy.

#4 Bonafide Hustler

Bonafide Hustler

SC lead Admin.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 10:11 PM

AHHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH ROFLLLLLLLLLLL PAKISTAN NEVER STOPS MAKING ME ROLFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

anyhowss

I honestly don't understand why anyone is surprised here, these actions are simply a product of their environment, in Pakistan, it is nearly impossible to get into schools, work places, professional teams without bribes, fraud and deception. It is just common place all throughout Pakistani society. Why do you expect cricketers to be different?
This culture is evident all across spectrum, kids are exposed to it at a very early age. No surprises here.

#5 Haydar Husayn

Haydar Husayn

• Mods
  • 8,368 posts
  • Religion:Islam

Posted 28 August 2010 - 10:24 PM

After that time Pakistan lost to Ireland in the 2007 World Cup, in one of the most blatant cases of throwing a game I have ever seen, I don't know how anyone can put any trust in the integrity of Pakistani cricketers.

#6 -SeeKeR-

-SeeKeR-

Wackistani

• Unregistered
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,297 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 02:11 AM

I think instead of cricketing practice, these players are taught special strategies in humiliating Pakistan...Posted Image. and on top of that they had to do this in england...Posted Image. I am just surprised that Salman Butt would actually be involved in such a thing.

#7 Haji 2003

Haji 2003

Shoekeeper

• Mods
  • 7,143 posts
  • Interests:Apple, Canon, Rohan, Singapore Airlines, LSE

Posted 29 August 2010 - 03:10 AM

After that time Pakistan lost to Ireland in the 2007 World Cup, in one of the most blatant cases of throwing a game I have ever seen, I don't know how anyone can put any trust in the integrity of Pakistani cricketers.

Before this story broke, I was saying to my brother that perhaps Pakistan were throwing the game against England. He said that there was probably no money in doing that because they lose so often anyway :D

Little did he know that there's still money to be made in no-balls etc. B)

At least they don't traffic drugs...

#8 Ibn al-Hussain

Ibn al-Hussain

[-Talib e Ilm-]

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,574 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 09:23 AM

(salam)

Disgraceful.

Wassalam

#9 Marbles

Marbles

Running Amok

• Advanced Members
  • 21,666 posts
  • Religion:Mussalman
  • Interests:Pickwick Papers

Posted 29 August 2010 - 09:28 AM

There you have it!

The performance of PK cricket team for the last few years faithfully represents the anarchy and mental breakdown of the whole nation at home. It is inhuman to suggest that these disturbed minds should do wonders of yesteryears in the field when the whole nation is reeling under fear and paranoia. It was quite some time we heard nothing of this sort coming from the Pakistanis who are supposed to faithfully represent their national character. So But lo and behold - there it comes now.

The no-ball bets are just a begining. I am sure they will find more rotten carcasses if they dig deeper.

Edited by Marbles, 29 August 2010 - 09:32 AM.

#10 shiasoldier786

shiasoldier786

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,837 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 08:58 PM

And yet, the three main men allegedly in the firing line can each offer a key plea in mitigation. Asif and Amir can point to some of the most sensational fast bowling seen in England for two decades - 31 wickets at 24.29 doesn't look like the work of a pair of under-achievers - while Butt can restate his boast that both Australia and England have been brought low on this tour - no matter how circuitous the route to both victories turned out to be.

There in a nutshell is the paradox of spot-fixing. It need not affect the end-game, and as this investigation unfolds, it may even prove to be so endemic that the players themselves see no harm in accepting the bonuses that come along the way. A sporting career is, after all, distinctly finite - even one as youthful and brimful with promise as Amir's. And in a country as traumatised as Pakistan, where one's brief time at the top could transform not only one's own life but that of everyone around you, it is so wrong to reach that extra metre? A love of money may be the root of all evil, but can it always be classified as a sin?

From cricinfo...

#11 Marbles

Marbles

Running Amok

• Advanced Members
  • 21,666 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 07:01 AM

The no-ball bets are just a begining. I am sure they will find more rotten carcasses if they dig deeper.

Get 'em all. . .hahahaha :lol:

LONDON: British newspaper Telegraph reports that more than 82 international cricket matches will be investigated amid allegations that a London businessman has been running a multi-million-pound match-fixing racket.

Sources said that the passports of the cricketers under investigation could be seized and that up to seven players could be questioned on suspicion of conspiracy to defraud. The rest of the squad could also be interviewed as potential witnesses.

Conspiracy to defraud carries a maximum jail term of 10 years, states the Telegraph report. Up to seven players can be questioned with regards to investigation into scandal. Read Full HERE

Edited by Marbles, 30 August 2010 - 07:03 AM.

#12 Haji 2003

Haji 2003

Shoekeeper

• Mods
  • 7,143 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 07:37 AM

Isn't there also an element of Indo/Pak culture in this? There is an attitude I come across of the goras' rules just being so much "nukhshaybazi". So what if someone bowls a couple of extra no balls? It's not going to hurt anyone.

It's the same that I come across in Indo/Pak areas of London, where people are building apartments at the end of their back gardens (in violation of planning codes, fire regulations, health and safety) - again it's not killing anyone and it's a bit of extra money. So what if it annoys the neighbours, especially the goras and destroys the neighbourhood.

Similarly I find it difficult to think of a Paki student who has done a postgraduate course in the UK, whose research element of the degree has not involved taking some short-cuts - because research methods are just so much "nukhshaybazi".

May Allah protect us from the Paki mentality.

#13 londonsmooth110

londonsmooth110

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts
  • Religion:Private

Posted 30 August 2010 - 07:45 AM

No suprise there!

#14 shiasoldier786

shiasoldier786

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,837 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 11:36 AM

http://worldocricket...s-of-the-world/

''Hidden facts behind the FAKE evidences of the news of the World''

LOL, the conspiracy theories have begun...

#15 Marbles

Marbles

Running Amok

• Advanced Members
  • 21,666 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 02:13 PM

Isn't there also an element of Indo/Pak culture in this? There is an attitude I come across of the goras' rules just being so much "nukhshaybazi". So what if someone bowls a couple of extra no balls? It's not going to hurt anyone.

It's the same that I come across in Indo/Pak areas of London, where people are building apartments at the end of their back gardens (in violation of planning codes, fire regulations, health and safety) - again it's not killing anyone and it's a bit of extra money. So what if it annoys the neighbours, especially the goras and destroys the neighbourhood.

Similarly I find it difficult to think of a Paki student who has done a postgraduate course in the UK, whose research element of the degree has not involved taking some short-cuts - because research methods are just so much "nukhshaybazi".

May Allah protect us from the Paki mentality.

In the words of Ramiz Raja:

"This is a product of a society that lacks leadership and a reflection of how Pakistani society is thinking in that if you want to get to the top you sidetrack the system. It is the mindset of making a quick buck rather than working for the long haul. This has nothing to do with a lack of money. It is about how an individual approaches life. What he wants to be and how he wants to live. When money is thrown on the table some people will say 'take it away and get out'. Others will take the money. It is about dishonesty, not how much you are being paid.

Mohammad Amir is a living example of that. What a waste of talent. He had the world at his feet. He could have done anything. Counties would have been queuing up to sign him. The IPL also. A place in the Pakistan side was guaranteed for 10 years. He would have made a fortune anyway. But somebody made use of his innocence in a negative way instead of empowering him to go out and make a name for himself and money in a genuine way. "

And this:

"In 1994, I was on a tour to Sri Lanka when there was a lot of match-fixing going on and did not play a single match. That was because I was not in on the scheme. The manager, Inthikab Alam, told me so afterwards. He sent a report to the Pakistan Cricket Board but nothing happened. The board was frightened of dealing with the big names involved and because of that, match-fixing never died. The problem was not uprooted and we are seeing the results."

http://www.telegraph...-mentality.html

#16 Haji 2003

Haji 2003

Shoekeeper

• Mods
  • 7,143 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 02:41 PM

Mohammad Amir is a living example of that. What a waste of talent. He had the world at his feet. He could have done anything. Counties would have been queuing up to sign him. The IPL also. A place in the Pakistan side was guaranteed for 10 years. He would have made a fortune anyway. But somebody made use of his innocence in a negative way instead of empowering him to go out and make a name for himself and money in a genuine way. "

The only excuse I have come across has been by Jon Agnew on the BBC website. He argues that these young players may be susceptible to entertaining, flattery, gifts, blandishments, blackmail etc. that may sometimes force them into these actions. He argues that the set-up/system in the UK protects players in the UK, in a way that just is not possible in Pakistan.

#17 Marbles

Marbles

Running Amok

• Advanced Members
  • 21,666 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 03:13 PM

The only excuse I have come across has been by Jon Agnew on the BBC website. He argues that these young players may be susceptible to entertaining, flattery, gifts, blandishments, blackmail etc. that may sometimes force them into these actions. He argues that the set-up/system in the UK protects players in the UK, in a way that just is not possible in Pakistan.

I hope investigations reveal the true picture of the whole fiasco and let us see who was the wolf and who wolf's valet. If the accused players are involved in any way in the scheme they are sure to get life bans no less. Pakistan has a long history of match fixing as Ramiz has testified. The problem is and has always been an institutional one despite the claims of PCB to the contrary. What do you do when your top players are knee-deep into match-fixing? - even many of those who won the only world cup for Pakistan in '92? The problem hasn't been addressed properly before and I think it is high time some swift and strict action is taken. It has not only tarnished the country's already tarnished image; it threatens the future of the game whose doom was once predicted as Indian, South Africans, Kiwis as well as Ausies, not to mention Pakistanis, were found to be involved in some way or the other.

Imran Khan and a few former English captains have demanded life bans to be handed out to the culprits. However terrible it would be for a youngster like Aamir and his team, it wouldn't be an unfair punishment. And that guy Asif has already been involved in controversies after controversies since the time he joined the team. Doping case, cocaine at the airport, now this. wow. He must get what he deserves.

Maybe the head honcho would get the hardest punishment, ie, prison or life ban and the "lesser devils" are let out with something less severe. I am waiting as I think ICC and Pakistan-English Cricket Boards have made a good decision to go ahead with the tour till something concrete comes out.

#18 dan_rafi

dan_rafi

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,399 posts
  • Interests:NONE

Posted 31 August 2010 - 02:12 AM

Geo mere bhai log :P

#19 Haji 2003

Haji 2003

Shoekeeper

• Mods
  • 7,143 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 02:51 AM

Forebodings over the increasing complexity and power of betting syndicates operating across south Asia have been growing. The syndicates in Pakistan, where gambling is illegal, are underworld operations run out of Karachi and Lahore. They, alongside similar outfits in India, where gambling is informal rather than illegal, have mastered the commercial dissection of the game. Cash bets can be placed on what any casual observer would regard as the minutiae of a match, not simply its outcome. A bet can be placed on every ball.
http://www.ft.com/cm...144feabdc0.html

Interesting kafir angle on gambling per se:

The immediate response of the game’s commentariat was to demand stronger action from the ruling body, the International Cricket Council. Some hope. This is a notoriously dysfunctional organisation, controlled by Indian interests and obsessed with political and financial manoeuvring rather than the game itself. It would be more useful to reflect on the iniquity that results when governments try to control human behaviour that is inherently uncontrollable, be it drug-taking, prostitution, deviation from sexual norms – or betting. If Asian governments stopped the futile criminalisation of the countless millions of their citizens who choose to gamble, the world would be a better place. And cricket might just become an honest game again.
http://www.ft.com/cms/s/2/5b46f8aa-b394-11df-81aa-00144feabdc0.html

I don't understand how making gambling legal would stop gamblers trying to influence the outcomes of games. Surely there would be even more at stake.

IMHO the attitudes, penalties and punishments against gambling are not strong enough.

#20 -SeeKeR-

-SeeKeR-

Wackistani

• Unregistered
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,297 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 08:53 AM

Finally someone who has sanity rather than just spewing hatred:

"We must remember that we are judging these guys by the standards of our own country, when their situations are vastly different," Lawson told The Age in Melbourne. "The first time I met Mohammad Amir was when he was 16, coming to an Under-19s camp. He comes from a small village near the Swat valley and was delayed by three hours because the Taliban had closed the highway. That doesn't happen in this country."

"One thing that struck me about Amir was his constant smile, his zest for the game," he said. "That has not changed. I will never condone any form of fixing, but we should consider that a cricketer might not be thinking of personal gain but of getting money to buy a generator for his village because they don't have electricity.

"I don't think Pakistan should be banished, we have seen it survive some incredible on and off-field turmoil," Lawson said. "But I will say that the present Pakistan administration cannot escape some of the blame for this. What they need right now is positive leadership and they don't have it.

"When I was there the board did not have people with vested interests, they were business people who treated people fairly, remunerated the players well. The first-class players were looked after and paid well and it made a difference.The [current] Pakistan Cricket Board chairman Ijaz Butt is not a leader, he should not have the job, he is incapable."

Ref:http://www.cricinfo....ory/475154.html

Edited by farwa, 31 August 2010 - 08:54 AM.

#21 -SeeKeR-

-SeeKeR-

Wackistani

• Unregistered
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,297 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 05:34 PM

Interesting....

Hidden facts behind fake evidences of ‘News Of The World’!

#22 Thurston

Thurston

• Unregistered
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,223 posts
  • Religion:Islam (Shia)
  • Interests:Tabarra

Posted 04 September 2010 - 05:13 PM

more bad news in the NoW tomorrow:

http://www.newsofthe...-the-World.html

#23 Marbles

Marbles

Running Amok

• Advanced Members
  • 21,666 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 05:09 AM

LONDON: A teammate of the three Pakistan cricketers suspended on corruption charges has reportedly claimed that players on his team have been fixing ''almost every match.''
The News of the World newspaper quotes opening batsman Yasir Hameed as saying Pakistan players are throwing matches.

"'They were doing it in almost every match,'' Hameed was quoted as saying by the News of the World newspaper. ''God knows what they were up to. Scotland Yard was after them for ages.

''It makes me angry because I'm playing my best and they are trying to lose.''
READ

#24 Thurston

Thurston

• Unregistered
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,223 posts
  • Religion:Islam (Shia)
  • Interests:Tabarra

Posted 05 September 2010 - 09:46 AM

anywhere on the web where i can see the 20/20 match live?

#25 Marbles

Marbles

Running Amok

• Advanced Members
  • 21,666 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 02:27 PM

So The News Of Yhe World are playing their legendary games? This is interesting:

The Pakistan opener, Yasir Hameed, has clarified a string of allegations attributed to him in the News of the World, claiming that he was only repeating information he had read in the newspaper's original report last Sunday.

Hameed was the victim of an undercover video sting in this Sunday's paper, in which he is seen talking to a man, the undercover reporter, in Nottingham a few days after the end of the Test series.

Hameed says the man came to him claiming to be a representative of a global airline and wanted to talk about possible sponsorship deals. . .After discussing sponsorship deals, the man he knew by the name of Abid Khan, offered him a sum of £25,000 to give a statement against his three team-mates who found themselves at the centre of the spot-fixing controversy to which Hameed said, he, "immediately refused and put the phone down. I was neither called nor answered any calls from Abid after this conversation."

Hameed says his last dealings with Abid Khan came in the form of a text message which read: "Pls call me. Incidentally you are in video drinking wine and saying all the quotes attributed to you. Denying it is just stupid as we will be releasing the video on tv. Better that you stand up and speak the truth".

Read the full transcript of their conversation HERE

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users