Ahmad.G

Tawakkaltu 'ala Allah ♥

• Advanced Members
  • PipPip
  • 432 posts
  • Religion:Shi'a Muslim

Posted 27 June 2010 - 07:12 PM

(salam)(bismillah)
Thought I should share this with everyone, it is very interesting and worth knowing! :)

Each finger reflects what is going on in specific organs

What to Look For:

The Thumb: Reflects what is going on in the brain, excretory system and in the reproductive organs.

Index Finger: Reflects what is going on in liver, gall bladder or nervous system.

Middle Finger: Reflects what is going on in the heart and circulation.

Ring Fingers: Reflects what is going on in the reproductive organs and the hormonal system.

And the Little Finger: Reflects what is going on in the digestive system.

The Lunulae (Lunula is singular form, Lunulae is plural. The lunulae are those little white moon things at the base of the nail): There

should be 8 of these. The lunulae on the little fingers should be missing according to Eastern Medicine Philosophy. The one on the

thumb nail should be 25% or less than the total length of the nail from base to flesh line at the top.

Posted Image

If the thumb lunula is too large the heart and circulation is working overtime and eventually this overworks the heart. The

person may be exhibiting high blood pressure. Other signs that the heart is working overtime would be the presence of "heart line"

on the ear lobe (a line just above the lobe itself) and a pointed tongue. If the tongue is red at the tip, there is a more serious

involvement of the heart.

Lunulae on the little fingers also is a sign that the circulation is working overtime (especially in the digestive area). High blood

pressure may be the cause as well.

Fewer than 8 lunulae: Many rule-outs here such as poor circulation, anemia, fatigue, not enough oxygenation or exercise, heart

disease, imbalanced nervous system, numbness, protein deficiency, Vitamin A deficiency or weak-spirited (low life force or "chi").

The most common cause I see is that people forget to breathe and forget to take deep breaths. Check out my basics of breathing

handout and practice some meditation.

Lunulae are red or blue or there is a reddish or bluish tinge just above the lunulae but not on the rest of the nail: Heart

disease, heavy metal poisoning or lung disease.

Posted Image

Shoot-like things emanating from the border of the lunulae: This is not such a good sign. It can mean thyroid problems or

cancer. I have seen many men with this on their thumbnails and most have told me that they had prostate cancer or had their

prostate removed due to cancer. I have also seen this reverse when you get to the core cause of this pesky disease in the body, but

it takes dedication to do it. If you have this sign you might want to get a couple of blood tests from your doctor, a PSA (Prostate

Specific Antigen) test and a Thyroid panel. It's always nice to know what is going on so you can do something about it.

An interesting note: You can tell often if a person is right-handed or left handed because the lunulae will be larger (or there may

be more of them) on the hand that is used more often.

Nail Texture and Markings:

Vertical Ridges and Split Nails: Lots of rule-outs here, but they include--Adrenal gland problems, arthritic tendencies, asthma,

broken heart, bronchitis, calcium deficiency, chronic fatigue, chronic inflammation, chronic stress, depression, emotional trauma,

excretory system conditions, hyperactivity or overexertion, iron deficiency, kidney problems, laryngitis, nervous problems, poor

digestion/absorption in the small intestine, chemicals from food, dieting, protein deficiency, respiratory problems, unhappiness,

Vitamin A deficiency, yeast and other fungi, lupus, chemo or radiation side effect, drugs or prescription use.

Posted Image

Horizontal Dips: Poor circulation, picking at the nail bed, heart disease, stress, lack of essential nutrients, trauma.

Source:

http://www.naturalhealthtechniques.com/ExamForms-MedicalIntuitive/fingernail_analysis.htm

#2 Z.M

Z.M

• Advanced Members
  • PipPip
  • 280 posts
  • Religion:SHIA

Posted 27 June 2010 - 11:56 PM

Mashalla
This actually gave me an exact diagnosis of my conditions. I have less that 8 lunale, who knew that could mean something ^_^

#3 Your-Best-Friend

Your-Best-Friend

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,763 posts
  • Interests:Religious Books and Visiting Families & Friends

Posted 28 June 2010 - 12:16 AM

I have only one lunala is my left thumb.....what does this mean?

#4 Ahmad.G

Ahmad.G

Tawakkaltu 'ala Allah ♥

• Advanced Members
  • PipPip
  • 432 posts
  • Religion:Shi'a Muslim

Posted 28 June 2010 - 11:17 AM

I have only one lunala is my left thumb.....what does this mean?

(salam)(bismillah)
I don't think that is really a problem, perhaps you might be lacking some vitamins in your system. Remember, in the article it said that the lunula should cover 25% or less of the thumbnail and having more than that can suggest that the heart is working over-time (less than normal sleep or having a lot of stress). I myself only have them on about 4 fingers, sometimes even only on my thumbs, this is very normal, most of the time it's just an imbalance of one's diet and hormones (depending on your age). If your under the age of 20, you shouldn't worry about it, this could just be a "phase" your body is going through. It could also have something to do with a persons weight (being overweight or even not having enough daily intake).

Edited by Ahmad.G, 28 June 2010 - 11:19 AM.

#5 Beechlgz

Beechlgz
  • Basic Members
  • 26 posts
  • Religion:None

Posted 23 July 2010 - 10:31 AM

About six years ago my mum was training to be a manicurist. She insisted that I allow her to train on my hands, and despite my protests I couldn't really say anything (I hate chemicals such as nail varnish). Ever since that one night I have had absolutely no lunalae on any of my fingers except my thumbs (at the time I lost them on my thumbs too but they grew back, they're sort-of coming back on the index fingers), whereas before every finger except my little fingers did. What she had done was she had pushed my nail cuticle back so far that it hurt, and for some reason my lunalae vanished in moments. Does this sound like it could be a direct result of that or could it have been something else?

I also have this bizarre dip in my middle right finger that quite literally appeared over night, and it was very weird because it's a very deep dip. Other than that they're all healthy, which makes it a bit of a mystery. There's also no mention in the article of such dips so it's even more confusing.

#6 wonderer

wonderer

Let's Go To The Beach

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,941 posts
  • Religion:Muslim- Loves AhluAlbait
  • Interests:Making, Expressing, Ignoring, Loving and surly Eating

Posted 23 July 2010 - 01:03 PM

hmmmmm interesting article.. I was so excited abt my nails and was telling myself mashallah wonderer ur nails r great means ur health is just PERFECT mashallah at me..
then I got to that Lunulae part and all my joy disappeared.. how come I don't have that :Hijabi: eh eh eh

#7 Guriya N

Guriya N

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 118 posts
  • Religion:Shia
  • Interests:Islam, Quran, Ahlul Bayt [as]

Posted 02 August 2010 - 10:38 AM

really interesting article, jazakallah for sharing :)

#8 Calm

Calm

Tranquility..

• Mods
  • 1,048 posts
  • Interests:To gain and to share useful knowledge.

Posted 02 August 2010 - 03:05 PM

Never heard of that before...Thanks for sharing. I'l be checking my family members' nails from now on..

Edited by Calm, 02 August 2010 - 03:06 PM.

#9 ~RuQaYaH~

~RuQaYaH~

Alhamdulilah ala niamat al Islam

• Mods
  • 4,831 posts
  • Interests:Islam, politics, history, soccer, philosophy, law

Posted 03 August 2010 - 05:06 AM

Hmm my left thumb lunula is like double the size of my right thumb lunula (though neither is too big so don't have to worry bout the heart overworking thing). I'm right handed though, so what could this mean :unsure:

Edited by ~RuQaYaH~, 03 August 2010 - 05:08 AM.

#10 DoubleAgent4

DoubleAgent4

Ya Bab-ul-Hawaij

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,719 posts
  • Religion:Shi'i 12er
  • Interests:Iranian politics/history,cooking,reading, intellectual people, sleep, eating :)

Posted 03 August 2010 - 12:32 PM

I have fewer than 8 lunulae :wacko: I don't think it was like this before I came on holiday. Ever since I came on holiday I haven't been eating properly or doing any exercise. I guess I better start by tomorrow ^_^

#11 Irishman

Irishman

• Banned
  • 2,481 posts
  • Religion:Christian, with a bit of agnostic theism :)
  • Interests:Guinness :D

Posted 03 August 2010 - 12:41 PM

I have fewer than 8 lunulae :wacko: I don't think it was like this before I came on holiday. Ever since I came on holiday I haven't been eating properly or doing any exercise. I guess I better start by tomorrow ^_^

I only have 2 :huh: , one on my right thumb and one on my right index finger. Guess I should speak to my priest tomorrow about buying a plot in my local cemetery, a nice one in the corner under the tree's :)

#12 ShiaSoldier@2007

ShiaSoldier@2007

Peace amidst chaos

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,485 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 01:35 AM

(bismillah) (salam)

After a gross miscount I decided to recount and realised that I have

Drumroll please.......

8 Lunulas (though some may be barely visible)

#13 T_S

T_S

• Advanced Members
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts
  • Religion:Shia Islam

Posted 14 September 2010 - 01:12 PM

(salam)

Thank you for sharing this :)

#14 Fatima Hussain

Fatima Hussain

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 08:36 PM

I only have two lunulae. What does that mean? It's always been like that.

#15 Eurybia

Eurybia

• Unregistered
  • PipPipPip
  • 930 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 12:41 AM

Interesting article, thanks for sharing.

#16 siti

siti

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 167 posts
  • Religion:muslim
  • Interests:reading books, learning, sharing knowledge, view, opinion, perspectives, making friends :)

Posted 06 October 2010 - 09:48 AM

wah, what a wonderful article, never heard about this before even in the lecture :)
but yeah, we do learn that looking at the fingernail is one of the key to make the right diagnosis
thanks for sharing friend :)

#17 Al-Englisi

Al-Englisi

لا مؤثر في الوجود إلا الله

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 778 posts
  • Religion:Holier Than thou
  • Interests:My hair & beard, food, deserts, travelling, sleeping, wildlife, scenery & reading Akhbari blogs.

Posted 21 January 2011 - 02:55 PM

(salam)(bismillah)

An interesting note: You can tell often if a person is right-handed or left handed because the lunulae will be larger (or there may

be more of them) on the hand that is used more often.

this isnt true for me, none-the-less, great thread, thanks.

#18 shia14

shia14
  • Basic Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 05:48 PM

I have no lunulae.

#19 Replicant

Replicant

You'll Never Walk Alone

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,781 posts
  • Religion:Islam

Posted 08 February 2011 - 08:24 PM

Am I the only one thinking: Allahu Akbar!
How amazing has Allah ÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì designed our bodies.

#20 Legendary

Legendary

Salaams :)

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,679 posts
  • Religion:Islam
  • Interests:World

Posted 07 April 2011 - 06:35 PM

mashallah! Thanks for posting, great information

#21 Muharram

Muharram

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 04:29 AM

(bismillah)
(salam)

How amazing informations! Maschaallah. Thank you for sharing, but I am a little bit afraid =D ... by hook or by crook I have to go to the doctor for a whole check ^^ .

(salam)

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users