#1 Nocturne

Nocturne

Closet Malang

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,397 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 03:08 PM

(salam)

The topic title says it all. Many take it upon themselves to do Amr bil Maroof & Nahi Anil Munkar but what is the correct sunnah way or method of doing it? i.e. slamming it on people's faces, forcing it upon people or doing it gently? What has come down to us in ahadith. Please post the related ahadith here with translation.

Wa'Salam.

#2 Gypsy

Gypsy

Hal Min Nasirin Yansurna

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,509 posts
  • Interests:Exposing hypocrisy and double standards.

Posted 23 June 2010 - 04:50 PM

(salam)
This is a great ..great question. We need more information on the proper way to do it or at least some examples on past methods for Amr bil Maroof & Nahi Anil Munkar.

#3 Nocturne

Nocturne

Closet Malang

• Advanced Members
  • 8,397 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 02:22 PM

وسائل الشيعة
كتاب الأمر بالمعروف والنهي عن المنكر
أبواب الأمر والنهي

الكافي / 5
باب الامر بالمعروف والنهى عن المنكر

#4 Nocturne

Nocturne

Closet Malang

• Advanced Members
  • 8,397 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 03:26 PM

bump

#5 yassameen

yassameen

Whatever

• Unregistered
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts
  • Interests:nooon

Posted 26 August 2010 - 06:07 PM

it depends largely on the methods used and the target directed upon

there is tow cases :

1- person to person message

2- person to community message

in first case i'll stick to the verse in Qura'an which say :
Enjoin ye righteousness upon mankind while ye yourselves forget (to practise it)? And ye are readers of the Scripture! Have ye then no sense?

that would be my golden rule and i hope i can stick to it correctly , though it raises a very hard question : if you saw your child lies , would you ask him not to lie again though you lie much more than he dose?

in the second case where it is from person to community , i try to be just a positive contributer to my community , supporting charities and non profit programs , like taking care of orphans , supporting the new couples , supporting the new gradutaes to find higher educations and jobs , supporting groups that work as families counciling and so on of community based groups that help doing Amr bil Ma'roof and Nahi 'an Monkar weather directly or non directly by raising the community awarness about some issues

Quraan says: Save those who believe and do good works, and exhort one another to truth and exhort one another to endurance.

this is my personal expeirnce but the books may explain alot more , what i know is that if you are not sure what you are doing is good then better refrain from doing it and alow more expeirnced persons doing it .

i rememebr hadith of Rasool Allah where he said something like " whoever belive in Allah and the Last day ? let he say something good or keep silent" or something like it

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users