Inside Prophet(s)'s Grave

Rate this topic

(bismillah)

(salam)

looked at the image you posted again

bro i have a horrible feeling that you could be right

will reconfirm with others

pictures not taken by me but by people in our group

will try and get them soonest(stretching across continents)

(wasalam)

I found this description on the internet:

From outside it is a four sided building with metallic grills in the walls and Lead in the foundation. This building has one small entrance called "Bab Al Fatima". Inside there is a five sided construction which is covered by ghilaaf. It also has one entrance. Inside that there is original "Hujra" with the three graves.

http://pakstop.com/pmforums/f84/rooza-rasool-Allah-from-inside-101643/

Many people think they have seen the graves, esp when they try to look from the first grill to the left. What they actually see is the ghilaf (covering) of the five walled structure which is enclosing the hujra.

A discussion from another forum:

I was wondering if anyone would happen to know whether one can view the blessed grave of our Prophet (peace be upon him) through the gold grill/door (for lack of a better word)? I remember seeing something when I was very very young and I also remember seeing just a green veil through the gold grill/door at a later point in my life.

Reply:

There is definitly a tomb (or something that looks like it) that can be seen from behind the grill, but not that of the Prophet salla Allahu alayhi wa sallam. It was a few meters before that to the left (at the very left edge of the chamber), and I don’t know who that’s for.

http://riyada.hadithuna.com/secrets-of-the-prophetic-chamber/

I personally think that looking at the image, it is possible that what is visible from the first grill is either part of a pillar (there are pillars inside) or a wall which is separating the area behind the first grill from the adjacent area.

After searching extensively, I have found another image depicting the inside of the rawdha. We can conclude finally that the grave of the Prophet(s) surely cannot be seen in any case.

So from outside to inside, the walls are:

1. The outermost wall (green grill) is that which we can see. This enclosed area has one opening - "the door of Fatima(as)" - the picture of this door is shown in one of the initial posts.

2. Inside, there is the green/red silk ghilaf which goes from top to bottom. It covers a trapezoidal 5 sided walled structure. I am not sure if there is a door in this structure or not.

3. Inside this trapezoid shaped structure is another 4 walled room (not sure if it has a door or not). This room is the actual burrial chamber of the Prophet (s).

Notice how the image shows that Hazrat Fatima(as)'s grave may be inside her home.

These details are visible in the images that I am going to post below:

post-86-12881408960749_thumb.jpgpost-86-12881409179408_thumb.jpg

Edited by Aale Mohammad

The "chamber" in which Muhammad died and was buried, which was originally the apartment allotted to 'Ayishah, the Prophet 's favorite wife. It is situated behind the Masjidu 'n-Nabi, or mosque, at al-Madinah, and is an irregular square of fifty-five feet, separated from the mosque by a passage of about 26 feet. Inside the Hujrah are supposed to be the three tombs of Muhammad, Abu Bakr, and 'Umar, facing the south, surrounded by stone walls, without any aperture or, as others say, by strong planking. Whatever this material may be, it is hung outside with a curtain, somewhat like a four-post bed. The outer railing is separated by a darker passages form the inner, and is of iron filagree, painted green and gold. This fence, which connects the columns, forbids passage to all men. It has four gates, the Babu 'l-Muwajihah (the Front Gate), the Babu Fatimah (the gate of Fatimah), the Babu 'sh-Sham (the Syrian Gate), and the Babu 't-Taubah (the Gate of Repentance). The Syrian Gate is the only one which is not kept closed, and is the passage which admits officers in charge of the place. On the southern side of the fence there are three small windows about a foot square, which are said to be about three cubits from the head of the Prophet 's tomb. Above the Hujrah is the green dome, surmounted by a gilt crescent, springing from a series of globes. Within the building are the tombs of Muhammad, Abu Bakr,, and 'Umar, with a space reserved for the grave of our Lord Jesus Christ, whom Muslims say will again visit the earth, and die and be buried at al-Madinah. The grave of Fatimah, the Prophet 's daughter, is supposed to be in a separate part of the building, although some say she was buried in Baqi '. The Prophet 's body is said to be stretched full length on the right side, with the right palm supporting the right cheek, the face fronting Makkah. Close behind him is placed Abu Bakr, whose fact fronts Muhammad 's shoulder, and then 'Umar, who occupies the same position with respect to his predecessor. Amongst Christian historians, there was a popular story to the effect that Muhammadans believed the coffin of their Prophet to be suspended in the air, which has no foundation whatever in Muslim literature, and Niebuhr thinks the story must have arisen from the rude pictures sold to strangers. Captain Burton gives the annexed plan of the building:

183c.jpg

It is related that Muhammad prayed that God would not allow his followers to make his tomb an object of idolatrous adoration, and consequently the adoration paid to the tomb at al-Madinah has been condemned by the Wahhabis and other Muslim reformers.

In A.D. 1804, when al-Madinah was taken by the Wahhabis, their chief, Sa 'ud, stripped the tomb of all its valuables, and proclaimed that all prayers and exaltations addressed to it were idolatrous. (See Burton 's Pilgrimage, vol. ii; Burckhardt 's Arabia and Wahhabis.)

The garden annexed to the tomb is called ar-Rauzah, which is a title also given by some writers to the tomb itself. Abu Da 'ud relates that al-Qasim the grandson of Abu Bakr came to 'Ayishah and said, "O Mother, lift up the curtain of the Prophet 's tomb and of his two friend, Abu Bakr and 'Umar, and she uncovered the graves, which were neither high nor low, but about one span in height, and were covered with red gravel. (Mishkat, book v, ch. vi pt. 2)

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Source: Dictionary of Islam, by Thomas Patrick Hughes

Pg 183

First published: 1885

Edited by Aale Mohammad

An ancient picture of the sacred chamber of the Prophet(s) showing the orientation of the 3 graves - taken from the manuscript of "Dalail Khayrat" - a prayer book written by the famous Morrocan saint Sulaiman Al-Juzuli - in the year 1450.

The picture shows that the graves are not level to the ground but are indeed slightly raised. post-86-12884766449616_thumb.jpg

Edited by Aale Mohammad

This is a piece of a strap from the silk curtain that was hung over the walls of the sacred chamber enclosing the grave of the Prophet (s) - in the year 1215. The strap is now put on auction and the estimate is $100,000 approx.

post-86-12887132815107_thumb.jpg

The translation of the Arabic is:

'It was ordered to renovate this blessed nitaq by the Supreme Sultan and the Great sovereign, the Servant of the Two Holy Mosques, Sultan Salim Khan III son of Sultan Mustafa Khan III, May God propogate his reign and bless him with victory according to the noble Sharia, Amen, during the year 1215'

A longitudinal section through the sacred chamber showing the blessed grave of Prophet(s). The chamber was last opened in January 1477 for renovation (after a fire destroyed Masjid-e-Nabvi). It has been sealed and completely closed since then.

post-86-12892692377915_thumb.jpg

post-86-12892692876848_thumb.jpg

Edited by Aale Mohammad

Shaikh Suduq (ra) stated that there were three different opinions from the hadeeths about the locaton of Fatima (as) 's grave:

1- الشيخ الصدوق المتوفى 381 هـ قال :

( اختلفت الروايات في موضع قبر فاطمة سيدة نساء العالمين عليها السلام :

أ – فمنهم من روى أنها دفنت في البقيع .

ب – ومنهم من روى أنها دفنت بين القبر والمنبر وأن النبي ( ص ) إنما قال : ما بين قبري ومنبري روضة من رياض الجنة لان قبرها بين القبر والمنبر .

ج – ومنهم روى أنها دفنت في بيتها فلما زادت بنو أمية في المسجد صارت في المسجد

some of the hadeeths state that she was buried in baqee

some of the hadeeths state that she was burried between the grave of rasullah and the minbar (pulpit) - due to their being a hadeeth that states that this area is a piece of heaven because her (as) grave is there.

some of the hadeeths state that she was buried in her home

Im not sure if the third opinion (inside of the masjid nabawi between qabr/minbar) is correct, since its haram to pray on top of a grave. I would assume that amir al mumineen (as) would not put her grave their, since people pray in that area

I assume (Allah knows best) that the grave is either in baqee or in her (as) home.

Also cameras are not allowed in the shrines of ahlulbayt, not because of religious laws forbidding taking pictures - but for safety reasons due to the multiple bombings that have accrued near these shrines. They don't want to risk the devices being explosives, as this actually happed in the shrine of imam Reza (as) several years ago.

Edited by Al-Mufeed

I was told the strongest hadith indicating where the grave of Sayedda Fatima (sa) is, indicates it is the area with the book racks.

When I was in Medina, they had closed the book rack area off and no one can go there. At one point they opened it up and all the Shi'a ran towards it and started kissing it. They said the hadith indicate this is the most likely resting area of Sayedda Fatima (sa).

Perhaps this is the reason the Nasibis have added a book rack there so Shias don't go there not realizing what it may be.

Now they have book racks all along the west and north walls of the chamber. Even the "mehrab-e-tahujjud" is completely hidden by the book rack. I have a very old pic showing the wall before the racks were placed. In this photo, the mehrab is visible. Comapre this to the new photo in which the mehrab is concealed.

post-86-12893475008156_thumb.png

post-86-12893475319949_thumb.jpg

The Late Shaykh Tusi (r.a.) has related from Yazid Ibne Abdul Malik and he from his father and grandfather that he said:

I went to Hazrat Fatemah Zahra (s.a.) and she saluted me first and asked: 'What brings you here?'

I said: I have come in anticipation of divine rewards and blessings.

She (s.a.) said: My father has informed me that Allah will make Paradise incumbent upon the one who salutes him and me for three days.

I asked: In his and your lifetime?

She replied, "Yes! And also after our passing away."

Quote from page 18 & 19 of the book: http://www.asserattours.com/ebooks/Makka%20&%20Madina(English)BIG.pdf

(bismillah)

(salam)

I'm sure that everyone making ziyarat to the grave of the Holy Prophet SA also salutes Fatima Zahra AS as well, but does this quote above ^ imply that their two graves are near each other?

(salam)

I'm kind of confused, what is the difference between this picture:

prophets%20grave.gif

and then the pictures of the book racks and the locked, green door which is the first picture in post #4 by Aale Mohammad

and then this one:

safar-28_madina_munawwarah-27.jpg

Sorry for the confusion! And it's so crazy to realize that those pictures claiming to be Rasulallah's (saws) grave are actually completely false!

(wasalam)

Edited by Shabbir_Hussain

Walykum salam,

The first picture is that of the south wall of the enclosed chamber. This is the wall which has the gallery where we stand to say our salams to the Prophet(s). The large gold plated structure is exactly in line with the Prophet(s)' face.

The second picture in your post is the west wall of the chamber. If the gaurd in this pic turns 360 degrees to face the wall and then facing the wall moves a few steps to his right and then a few steps forward, he would then come in the position where the man in the first pic is standing. Hope you get the point. In the second pic, on the left, behind the man who is bowing, there is a grilled window in the wall. This marks the exact position where the head of the Prophet(s) is resting, a few steps ahead of this point.

The pic with the book racks (post no. 4) is the north wall of the chamber.

The pic with the door is that of the east wall.

Edited by Aale Mohammad

(salam)

Walykum salam,

The first picture is that of the south wall of the enclosed chamber. This is the wall which has the gallery where we stand to say our salams to the Prophet(s). The large gold plated structure is exactly in line with the Prophet(s)' face.

The second picture in your post is the west wall of the chamber. If the gaurd in this pic turns 360 degrees to face the wall and then facing the wall moves a few steps to his right and then a few steps forward, he would then come in the position where the man in the first pic is standing. Hope you get the point. In the second pic, on the left, behind the man who is bowing, there is a grilled window in the wall. This marks the exact position where the head of the Prophet(s) is resting, a few steps ahead of this point.

The pic with the book racks (post no. 4) is the north wall of the chamber.

The pic with the door is that of the east wall.

That was extremely helpful, shukrun!

May I add, just for the sake of knowledge and interest, that in the second pic you can see a pillar on the left side of the wall, in-line with the man holding the mobile phone. This pillar is called "ustwanna-e-Ali" and the name is printed on the pillar as a circular mark with green center and golden margin (also visible in the pic). This pillar was the place where Imam Ali(as) used to stand and gaurd the door of the Prophet(s)'s house. There is a door which is just to left of this pillar which marks the position of the door of the Prophet(s)'s home. This door is always kept locked. You can see a part of this door just to the left of the pillar of Ali(as).

I never do remember reading anywhere that one of the royals in Saudi Arabia entered the room etc. , while we always hear news about them entering the Holy Ka'aba. So it sounds very much possible to me.

wa (salam)

You'll never hear of them entering the mosque let along the room (have you ever seen any pics news article of them goign to prophets mosque)... they clan that they are from were enemies of Bani Hashims and that enemity remains to this day...

You'll never hear of them entering the mosque let along the room (have you ever seen any pics news article of them goign to prophets mosque)... they clan that they are from were enemies of Bani Hashims and that enemity remains to this day...

Well... not really. See this (even though it doesn't prove anything):

wa (salam)

Edited by Basim Ali

Salam,

I recently heard that on very rare occasions, they open the gate of the chamber and let high ranking officials in. Nawaz Sharif, Ex-prime minister of Pakistan has been inside. But of course, they still cannot view the actual chamber where the grave is because that has been sealed for the past 500-600 years.

ÇÇáÓáÇã Úáíßã æÑÍãÉ Çááå æÈÑßÇÊå

I had the opportunity to visit the al medina more than once

As every one know there is a specific time that they open the blessed rawda at

Whichas I know includes sayeddah Fatima alzahra room , and the place that the Prophet prays at

As a woman we are not allowed to take a cameras or mobiles inside

When you are waiting for the door to be opened you could hear them saying the worst words you can imagine about us as a shia with the possibility for you to be hit .

And you are not allowed to touch or to ask or to stand close to the grave .

So you are simply not allowed to do any thing, but as a man they allow more things .

(salam)

(bismillah)

Well to be honest if you go to Ma'soomah's haram in Qum and Imaam RiDaa (as) haram in Mashhad, they have a big sign before you enter saying "no cameras, recording equipment". It has pictures of cameras and it has a big cross out of it.

So you aren't allowed to take pictures / video of the grave area, but the law isn't "enforced" in those places.

(salam)

Well, after the number of bombings that have happened there, you can't really blame them for putting those signs up.

These Wahabis always talk about bidah, when all they do is make new rules and building structures when it comes to Islamic shrines and holy palces.