Aabiss_Shakari

http://www.abubakr.org

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,388 posts
  • Religion:True Shia Twelver Islam

Posted 03 June 2010 - 12:05 PM

(salam)

I do not want debate. Please give hadiths of Prophet (pbuh) in praise of Hazrat Ali (as) with reference. Remember please do not discuss rijal etc in this thread. I just want to make a good collection of hadiths in praise of Imam Ali (a.s)

1) The Prophet (s) said, “The title of the believer's book is love for Ali Úáíå ÇáÓáÇã.” Al-Manaqib of Ibn Al-Maghazeli, 243; Tarikh Baghdad of Al-Khatib Al-Baghdadi, 4/410; Al-Jami^ of Al-Sayuti, 2/145; Yanabi^ Al-Mawda.

2) The Prophet (s) said, “The one who wants to live my life and die my death will attach himself to Ali Úáíå ÇáÓáÇã.” Musnad of Ahmad, 5/94; Mustadrak Al-Sahihain of Al-Hakim Al-Nisabori, 3/128; Kenz Al-Omal, 6/217; Al-Tabarani.

3) The Prophet (s) said, “Exemption from the Hellfire comes with love for Ali Úáíå ÇáÓáÇã.” Mustadrak Al-Sahihain of Al-Hakim Al-Nisabori, 2/241; Tarikh Baghdad of Al-Khateeb Al-Baghdadi, 6/851; Akhtab Khawarizm, 86; Ibn Al-Maghazeli, 90.

4) The Prophet (s) said, “Ali Úáíå ÇáÓáÇã is with the Qur’an, and the Qur’an is with Ali.” Al-Bukhari, 5/19; Muslim, 2/360; Al-Tirmidhi, 5/304; Mustadrak Al-Sahihain of Al-Hakim Al-Nisabori, 3/109; Ibn Majah, 1/28; Musnad Ahmad, 3/328.

5) The Prophet (s) said, “The position of Ali Úáíå ÇáÓáÇã amongst the people is like Surat Qul Hu Allahu Ahad in the Qur’an.” Muslim, 1/48; Al-Tirmidhi, 2/299; Al-Nisa’i, 27; Musnad Ahmad, 6/299; Ibn Al-Maghazeli, 191.

Please continue with no. 6 in bold blue formate. I want uniformity in the thread.

#2 Aabiss_Shakari

Aabiss_Shakari

http://www.abubakr.org

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,388 posts
  • Religion:True Shia Twelver Islam

Posted 03 June 2010 - 07:34 PM

6) The Messenger of Allah (PBUH&HF) said: "He who wants to see Noah (as) in his determination, Adam (as) in his knowledge, Abraham (as) in his clemency, Moses (as) in his intelligence and Jesus (as) in his religious devotion should look at Ali Ibn Abi Talib (as)."

Sahih al-Bayhaqi

Musnad Ahmad Ibn Hanbal

as quoted in Sharh Ibn Abil Hadid, v2, p449

Tafsir al-Kabir, by Fakhruddin al-Razi, under the commentary of the Verse of Imprecation (Mubahilah), v2 p288. He wrote this tradition has been accepted as all genuine.

Ibn Batah has recorded it as a tradition related by Ibn Abbas as is stated in the book "Fat'h al-Mulk al-Ali bi Sihah Hadith-e-Bab-e-Madinat al-Ilm", p34, by Ahmad Ibn Muhammad Ibn Siddeeq al-Hasani al-Maghribi.

Among those who have admitted that Imam Ali (as) is the store house of the secrets of all the Prophets is the Chief of Gnostics, Muhyiddin al-Arabi, from whom al-Arif al-Sha'rani has copied it in his al-Yawaqeet wa al-Jawahir (p172, topic 32).

#3 Shieflower

Shieflower

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,282 posts
  • Religion:Shia Islam

Posted 27 June 2010 - 10:22 AM

(bismillah) (salam)
Jazak Allah khair for the topic.
Please try this link, I have just started and I can not put it away.
http://www.scribd.co...Ali-in-Tafseers
Here are some examples :
Addressing his companion Omar, the Holy Prophet (pbuh) said, “O thou Omar! Should you behold that Ali (as) is on one side and the rest of the world on the other, surely it will be incumbent on you that you should follow Ali (as) because he would never lead any one to the path of destruction and will never relinquish the path of right.” (Jamia-ul- Saghir Sayuti)

The Holy Prophet (pbuh) in one of his Khutbas said, “God has so much exalted my brother Ali (as) that his numerous virtues could not be counted easily: whosoever from amongst you narrated one of his excellences, God will forgive his past and future sins; and whosoever will record one of his excellences, the angels will bless him as long as his writing remains; whosoever will read about his virtues with eyes, the sins of the eye will be forgiven to him. Beware! That man is not steadfast in faith who does not love Ali (as) and does not shun his enemies.

#4 Wilayat Mission

Wilayat Mission

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts
  • Religion:Private

Posted 27 June 2010 - 04:12 PM

Assalamu alaikum & Ya Ali (asws) Madad

RasoolAllah (saw) said,

“Knowledge is divided into five parts. Four parts are given to Ali (asws) ibn Abi Talib (as) and the last part is shared amongst all of the people. I swear to Allah who sent Me as a prophet that Ali (asws) ibn Abi Talib (as) is more knowledgable than all the people even about the one part of knowledge that was given to them.”

(Ghayatol Maram pg 512 hadith 21 and pg 586 hadith 85, Bihar al Anwar vol 27 pg 117
hadith 96)

Edited by Wilayat Mission, 27 June 2010 - 04:12 PM.

#5 Wilayat Mission

Wilayat Mission

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 02:47 PM

RasoolAllah (saw) was in Umm Salaama’s house when an angel, who had twenty heads, descended upon Him. Each one of the angel’s heads had one thousand tongues, and He was praising Allah with each tongue in a different language. His wings were larger than all of the seven heavens and the seven earths. RasoolAllah (saw) said to Him, “I have never seen You in this form”.

The angel said, “I am not Gibrael (as). I am Sarsaeel (as). Allah has sent Me to You to marry the Noor to the Noor.”

RasoolAllah (saw) asked Him, “Who do You mean?”

The angel said, “Your Daughter, Fatima (sa), to Ali (asws) ibn Abi Talib (as)”.

So RasoolAllah (saw) married Fatima (sa) to Ali (asws) with Gibrael (as), Mikaeel (as), Israfeel (as), and Sarsaeel (as) as witnesses. Then RasoolAllah (saw) looked and saw the following written between the shoulders of Sarsaeel (as):

“There is no god except Allah. Muhammad (saw) is the Messenger of Allah and is the Prophet who brings mercy on people. Ali (asws) ibn Abi Talib (as) is the Proof of Allah upon all of His creation.”

Then RasoolAllah (saw) asked Sarsaeel (as), “How long have You had this written between Your shoulders?”

Sarsaeel (as) replied, “Twelve thousand years before Allah created Adam (as).”

(Madinatol Ma’ajiz page 158 hadith 463, Kashaful Ghamma volume 1 page 352, Bihar ul Anwar volume 43 page 123 hadith 31)

Edited by Wilayat Mission, 01 July 2010 - 02:48 PM.

#6 Shieflower

Shieflower

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 03:06 AM

(bismillah) (salam)
Jazak Allah khair Wilayat Mission for relating to us this
hadith about marriage of hazrat Ali (as) with hazrat Fatima (as)
May Allah bless all beliving men and women with knowledge of Ahle Bait (as)
Inshallah

#7 Wilayat Mission

Wilayat Mission

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 10:06 AM

Assalamu alaikum & Ya Ali (Asws) Madad

It is a huge blessing for us that we have been able to not only find these great hadiths but also be able to share them with others

RasoolAllah (saw) said, “Ali(asws)’s love is such virtue that no evil can harm it. His hatred is such evil that no virtue will be of benefit.”

(Yanabil Muwaddah pg 239)

RasoolAllah (saw) said, “Allah looked upon the earth and chose Me. Second time He looked and chose You after Me for the guidance of My ummah. After Us, there will be no other like Us.”

(Ayun ul Akbar al Reza (as) Second Vol pg 67)

RasoolAllah (saw) said, “Ali (asws) is to Me like the blood in My body. One who loves Him is guided. One who loves Him has found the true path. One who obeys Him finds salvation. Ali (asws) is fourth of four in jannah. Myself, Hasan (as), Hussain (as), and Ali (asws) ibn Abi Talib (as).”

(Maya Manqaba pg 28)

Edited by Wilayat Mission, 03 July 2010 - 10:11 AM.

#8 Wilayat Mission

Wilayat Mission

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 09:12 PM

Ibn Abbas (ra) narrates:

“One day I was sitting with RasoolAllah (saw), Moula Ali (asws), Syeda (sa), Imam Hasan (asws), and Imam Hussain (asws) when Jibrael (as) came down and greeted RasoolAllah (saw) with an apple. RasoolAllah (saw) accepted His greeting by taking the apple.

Then RasoolAllah (saw) greeted Moula Ali (asws) and gave Him the apple. Moula Ali (asws) accepted the greeting by taking the apple. He kissed the apple and returned it to RasoolAllah (saw). RasoolAllah (saw) accepted His greeting by taking the apple.

Then RasoolAllah (saw) greeted Imam Hasan (asws) and gave Him the apple. Imam Hasan (asws) accepted the greeting by taking the apple. He (Imam Hasan asws) kissed the apple and then returned it to RasoolAllah (saw). RasoolAllah (saw) accepted His greeting by taking the apple.

Then RasoolAllah (saw) greeted Imam Hussain (asws) and gave Him the apple. Imam Hussain (asws) accepted the greeting by taking the apple. He kissed the apple and then returned it to RasoolAllah (saw). RasoolAllah (saw) accepted His greeting by taking the apple.

Then RasoolAllah (saw) greeted Syeda (sa) and gave Her the apple. Syeda (sa) accepted the greeting by taking the apple. She kissed the apple and then returned it to RasoolAllah (saw). RasoolAllah (saw) accepted Her greeting by taking the apple.

RasoolAllah (saw) greeted Moula Ali (asws) again and gave the apple to Him once again. Moula Ali (asws) accepted His greeting by taking the apple. He (Moula Ali asws) kissed the apple and began to return it to RasoolAllah (saw). Upon His returning the apple, it fell to the ground and split into two halves. A light shone from inside of it that reached unto the heavens.

The following message was written inside of the apple:

In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful. This is a greeting from Allah to the chosen Muhammad (saw) and to Ali al Murtaza (asws), Syeda Zahra (sa), Imam Hasan (asws), and Imam Hussain (asws), who are the grandsons of RasoolAllah (saw). This letter is a guarantee of protection to Their lovers from the fire on the Day of Judgement”.

(Ghayatol Maram pg 659, Madinatul Moajiz pg 61 hadith 131, Biharul Anwar vol 43 pg 308 hadith 72, Amaali Sudooq pg 477, Jawahir al Saniyya pg 233)

#9 Nocturne

Nocturne

Closet Malang

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,397 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 11:44 PM

[ 21730 ] 9 ـ محمد بن علي بن الحسين قال : قال رسول الله ( صلى الله عليه وآله ) : ذكر علي ( عليه السلام ) عبادة.
Wasail al-shiah vol.16, page.348

#10 MysticKnight

MysticKnight

• Banned
  • 2,488 posts
  • Religion:Holding on to Haidar Al-Karar.

Posted 09 July 2010 - 06:21 AM

[ 21730 ] 9 Ü ãÍãÏ Èä Úáí Èä ÇáÍÓíä ÞÇá : ÞÇá ÑÓæá Çááå ( Õáì Çááå Úáíå æÂáå ) : ÐßÑ Úáí ( Úáíå ÇáÓáÇã ) ÚÈÇÏÉ.
Wasail al-shiah vol.16, page.348

Only when he is seen as servant and the remembrance intention is to Remember the Lord of that Servant, manifesting God's Lordship, through the Servitude of Ali.

Otherwise, it's nothing but Shirk.

#11 *~Fatima~*

*~Fatima~*

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 144 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 03:05 PM

Mashallah wonderful thread
i loved reading all the hadis you guys have quoted.

i've been looking for a source to this hadis.. if anyone has it, would be much appreciated.. "Ali Úáíå ÇáÓáÇã has the same ascendancy from me, as my head from my shoulders." - Prophet Muhammad (s)

#12 Ahmad.G

Ahmad.G

Tawakkaltu 'ala Allah ♥

• Advanced Members
  • PipPip
  • 432 posts
  • Religion:Shi'a Muslim

Posted 11 July 2010 - 07:46 PM

(salam)(bismillah)

The Great Virtues of Imam Ali (as)

Posted Image

In praise of Imam Ali (as)

He said: Abu Ja’far Muhammad b. Ali b. al-Hussein reported to me from his father, who reported from Muhammad b. Yahya al-Attar, who reported from Ahmad b. Muhammad b. Isa, from Ali b. Al-Hakam, from Hisham b. Salim, from Sulaiman b. Khalid, from Abu Abdullah Ja’far b. Muhammad al-Sadiq, peace be upon him, from his forefathers, peace be upon them, who said:

The Prophet, peace be upon him and his progeny, told Ali, peace be upon him: "O Ali, you are from me and I from you. Your friend is my friend and my friend is Allah’s friend. And your enemy is my enemy and my enemy is the enemy of Allah.O Ali, I am at war with the one who fights you and at peace with one who is at peace with you. O Ali, you have a treasure in the Heaven and you are the master of its both sides. O Ali, you are the divider of heaven and hell. None shall enter the heaven unless he has recognized you, and you have recognized him! And none shall enter hell unless he has rejected you and you have rejected him.

O Ali, you and your descendants shall be on the heights (al-A’araaf) on the Day of Judgment, recognizing the sinners by their marks, and the believers by their signs. O Ali, the believers would not have been distinguished, after I have departed, if you were not there."

Ali (a.s) on the pious companions of the Prophet

And with the first chains of narration from Ali b. Mahzyar, from (Muhammad) b. Sinan, from Abu Muaz al-Suddiy, from Abi Arakah who said:

Once, I prayed behind Ali b. Abi Talib, peace be upon him, the morning prayers in this mosque of yours. Then (after the prayers), he turned to the right with evident gloom over his face. He stayed that way, till the sun rose over the lancer long wall of the mosque of yours, which was then not as high as it is now. Then turning to the people he said:

"By Allah, the companions of the Prophet, peace be upon him and his progeny, endured discomfort on such a night, passing it between prostration and standing for the prayers. As if they heard the roar of hellfire in their ears. And in the morning, they rose covered with dust and pale, with callous skin, resembling the knees of the goat between their eyes. When Allah was remembered in their presence, they quivered the way a tree shakes on a windy day, and tears rolled from their eyes till their clothes were wet."

He said: Then he (i.e. Ali) rose, saying: "By Allah, it seems that people have now become heedless."

Thereafter, he (i.e. Ali) was not seen in a cheerful temperament, till the event at the hands of Ibn Muljam took place - may Allah curse him (i.e. Ibn Muljam).

Posted Image

Ali (a.s)’s admonition after Isha

And with the first claim of narration from Ali b. Mahzyar, from al-Hassan b. Mahboob, from Amru b. Abi al-Maqdam, from Jabir, from Abu Ja’far, peace be upon him, who said: When Imam Ali, peace be upon him, was at Kufa, he would announce three times after people had prayed their last evening prayers, so that all in the mosque would hear it: "O people! Be prepared, may Allah bless you with mercy, for the call for departure has been made.

So what is the meaning of clinging to the world, after the departing call? Be prepared, May Allah have mercy upon you, and move onwards with the best of supplies you have with you and that is Taqwa. And be it known to you that your path is the place of Resurrection, passing over the al-Siraat; and the great shock is confronting you.

And in your path, there are mountains difficult to climb and stations through which you have to pass and also halt, despite its fright and terror. It will be His Mercy, which will redeem from its fright and save from its great danger, horrid scenes and from its severe test. And if it is perdition, then there is no solace after it."

Ali (a.s) guides to true reform of oneself

And with the former chains of narration from Ali b. Mahzyar (from Ali b. Hadeed), who reported from Abu Ishaq al-Khorasani, a friend of ours, that: Amirul Mo’mineen, Ali Ibn Abi Talib, peace be upon him, used to say: "Do not be shaken in your faith, for that will make you a doubter; and do not be doubters, for that will lead to disbelief. And do not make yourself cheap falling victim to flattery and adulation; and do not be sycophant in matters of truth, for that will cause you a great loss.

Firmness lies in becoming more learned in Religion and the sign of true religious learning is not to be conceited nor deceitful.

The most honest and sincere to oneself among you is the one who is most obedient to his Sustainer; and the most deceitful to oneself among you is the one who is most insubordinate to his Sustainer.He, who obeys Him, is secure and guided; and he who disobeys Him, is disappointed and remorseful. Seek certitude from Allah and set your hearts inclined to Him, when you are free from all harm; for the best experience of heart is that of certitude. O people! Refrain from lying. And anyone who expects proceeds to demand and anyone who fears flee."

Posted Image

What Ali (a.s) said to Kumail

He said: Abu Ja’far Muhammad b. Ali b. al-Hussein reported to me from his father, from Muhammad b. Abul Qasim Majeelawayh, from Muhammad b. Ali al-Sayrafi, from Nasr b. Muzahim, from Amru b. Sa’d, from Fudhail b. Khudaij, from Kumail b. Ziyad al-Nakh’ee who said:

Once I was with Imam Ali (a.s) in the mosque of Kufa, and when we completed our late evening prayers (i.e. Isha), he took me by his hands and came out of the mosque. He did not say a word till we arrived at the rear part of Kufa. As he entered the desert, he heaved a sigh and said:

"O Kumail, no doubt these hearts (i.e. minds) are containers, and the best of them are those who retain most. Remember from me what I say; people are of three categories: the learned men (of piety), the students on the path of salvation, and (the third one) the riffraff of the society, following every croak of the crows, bending as the wind blows; never benefiting from the light of knowledge, nor finding a refuge with a strong supporter.

O Kumail, knowledge is better than wealth; for knowledge guards you, while you have to guard wealth; and wealth is diminished when spent, while knowledge grows and increases when put in use.

O Kumail, to have liking and affinity for a learned man is the best way to entrench ones faith in Allah, it enables one to be obedient to Him during lifetime, and to be praiseworthy after one has died.

O Kumail, dividend from wealth disappears with its loss, O Kumail, the hoarders of wealth have died, while the learned men exist for ever; their bodies have disappeared but their teachings and wisdom are ingrained in the hearts."

(And then pointing to his chest, he said): "Here is well-grounded, plentiful knowledge; I wish it had true recipients and adherents, (I would have imparted it).

But, unfortunately, some unscrupulous men of understanding have tried to misuse it, using religion as a weapon to earn the worldly gain, and seeking undue power by divine authority over Allah’s creatures, abusing His bounties which He bestowed upon them. So the feeble-minded people accepted them as reliable; or took them as compliant with (divine) wisdom, discarding the true guardians of truth. (The truth is that) such people (who they have adopted as their guides) have no insight into its ramifications; with the result that with the slightest confusion, doubt enters their minds. Neither of them could be the true carrier of knowledge.

And then there are those with insatiable lust, easily misled by the pleasures of flesh, or enticed by accumulating wealth, not at all among those who care for religion. They very much resemble the grazing cattle. Thus, knowledge dies with the death of such carriers.

Yet, the earth is never devoid of either a manifest divine power, or the one in concealment, ensuring that His clear signs are not lost.

Posted Image
Surely, with those fewer people of enormous import, Allah protects His proof, till they succeed to transmit it further to their likes, and plant it deep in their hearts. They are the ones overwhelmed by the (true) knowledge of certitude, and have made it easy for themselves to tread on the path which men in luxury found difficult. They derive pleasure and enjoyment from things which repel the ignorant. Though they live on earth with their bodies, their souls hang onto the higher plane. They are the (true) representatives of Allah on His earth, and the ones who invite (people) to His religion. Alas! How keen I am to have sight of them! And I seek forgiveness from Allah for me and for you all."

Then he {i.e. Ali (a.s)} withdrew his hand from mine and said: "You may leave when you like."

By: Sheikh al-Mufid

Source: alhassanain.com

#13 Wilayat Mission

Wilayat Mission

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 08:13 PM

Assalamu alaikum and Ya Ali (asws) Madad

RasoolAllah (saw) said:

“O’Ali (asws)! I will come to You at Kausar! O’ Ali (asws)! You are the distributor of the pool of Kausar. Hasan (asws) will be carrying the flag. Hussain (asws) will issue orders. Ali (asws) bin Hussain (asws) will arrange the water. Muhammad (asws) bin Ali (asws) will be the announcer. Jafar (asws) bin Muhammad (asws) is the caretaker. Musa (asws) bin Jafar (asws) will gather the lovers of Ahlul Bayt (asws) and drive the munafiqs (hypocrites) away from the spring. Ali (asws) bin Musa (asws) al Reza (asws) is the recognizer of momins. Muhammad (asws) bin Ali (asws) will distribute the rankings to the momins. Ali (asws) bin Muhammad (asws) will deliver a speech to His shias and marry them to hooris. Al Qaim (ajfts) will guide the shia on the day of judgment and send them to jannah not by the orders of Allah but by His own will.”

(Siratul Mustaqeem Second Edition pg 150, Ghayatol Maram pg 35 hadith 22 and pg 692 hadith 2, Biharul Anwar vol 36 pg 270)

#14 Faris-Al-Hujjat

Faris-Al-Hujjat

Wannabe a Knight in the Army of The Hujjat (as)

• Advanced Members
  • PipPip
  • 574 posts
  • Religion:Usooli
  • Interests:Jafar, Humanity, Relegion, History, Mind Sciences, Following Mohammad Wa Aale Mohammad

Posted 15 July 2010 - 06:37 AM

Posted Image 811 Posted Image Virtues of Ameer Al Momineen Ali Ibne Abi Talib (as)

http://www.docstoc.c...4051/Hazrat-Ali

#15 hameedeh

hameedeh

Emeritus Guest since 2002

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,091 posts
  • Interests:www.al-islam.org/
    www.khamenei.ir/
    www.leader.ir/

Posted 17 July 2010 - 01:24 AM

(bismillah)
(salam)
So beautiful. Thank you all.

#16 Faris-Al-Hujjat

Faris-Al-Hujjat

Wannabe a Knight in the Army of The Hujjat (as)

• Advanced Members
  • PipPip
  • 574 posts
  • Religion:Usooli
  • Interests:Jafar, Humanity, Relegion, History, Mind Sciences, Following Mohammad Wa Aale Mohammad

Posted 18 July 2010 - 06:36 AM

Any time dear SIS, Allah Bless all lovers of Ahl Al bayt and protect them from all evil and enlighten their hearts further with the Ma'arafat of Ahl Al Bayt (as)..

Ameen Ya Rabb

#17 Shieflower

Shieflower

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 08:39 AM

Any time dear SIS, Allah Bless all lovers of Ahl Al bayt and protect them from all evil and enlighten their hearts further with the Ma'arafat of Ahl Al Bayt (as)..Ameen Ya Rabb

(bismillah) (salam)
Elahi Ameen

#18 Wilayat Mission

Wilayat Mission

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 02:24 PM

When Moula Ali (asws) appeared in the house of Hz Abu Talib (as), He (Hz Abu Talib as)
held the hand of His Mother, Fatima (sa) binte Asad (as), placed Moula Ali (asws) on His
chest, and went towards a river and said, “O’the Lord of dark nights and bright sun! Tell us
what is the mystery behind the name “Ali”? Before Us appeared something that was similar
to a cloud on the heaven, Hz Abu Talib (as) took hold of it and returned back. In the
morning He saw it was a green tablet and written upon it was “We have blessed You with a
tahir (pure), honored, and glorious Son. The meaning of His name is Most High Most Great.
This tablet was placed inside of the Kaaba until Hasham bin Abdul Mulk removed it from
there.”

(Fazail ibne Shazaan pg 12)

#19 Wilayat Mission

Wilayat Mission

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 09:23 AM

RasoolAllah (saw) said:

“If people knew when Ali (as) was given the title of Ameerul Momineen, then they would never be able to deny the attributes of Ali (as). Allah gave Ali (as) the title of
Ameerul Momineen when Adam (as) was in the process of being created.”

(Mashariqul Anwar ul Yaqeen page no 170)

Moula Ali (asws)’s name is on the leaves of the trees of jannah

In the hadith regarding the incident of Miraj, RasoolAllah (saw) says, “When I was taken to the 6th heaven, the angels who were present there called Me by My name like I was one of their fellow angels.

I asked “Do you recognize Me”?

They replied, “How could we not recognize You? There is a tree beside the door of Jannah which Allah created and upon its each leaf it is written in noor

“There is no god except Allah, Muhammad (saw) is the Messenger of Allah, and Ali (asws) is Wali of Allah, His strong chain and strong rope”.

(Al Mahtazir page 80)

#20 Wilayat Mission

Wilayat Mission

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 09:40 AM

On the doors of jannah and jahannum

Hz Ibne Masood narrates RasoolAllah (saw) said, “When I was taken towards the heavens,
Jibrael (as) said, “Allah ordered Me to present both jannah and jahannum to You.”

RasoolAllah (saw) said, “When they were brought before Me, I saw jannah and its blessings
and jahannum and its punishment. There were 8 doors of jannah. On each door, 4
sentences were written. Every word was greater than the whole universe for those people
who understand and follow.”

Jibrael (as) said, “ O’RasoolAllah (saw)! Read what is written on the doors of jannah”.

I said, “I have read all of the things which were written on the doors of Jannah.

Upon the first door was written,

“There is no god except Allah. Muhammad (saw) is His Messenger, and Ali (asws) is the Wali of Allah. There is a purpose for everything. The purpose of life is four things; contentment, to kill rancourness, refrains from enviousness and the accompaniment of good people”.

On the second door it was written, “There is no god except Allah, Muhammad (saw) is His Messenger, and Ali (asws) is the Wali of Allah. There are four methods in which one can gain success on the day of judgment; being kind to orphans, helping widows, fulfilling the needs of muslims, and taking care of the poor”.

On the third door was written, “There is no god except Allah, Muhammad (saw) is His messenger, and Ali (asws) is the Wali of Allah. In this world good health depends upon four habits; speaking less, sleeping less, walking less, and eating less”.

On the fourth door was written, “There is no god except Allah, Muhammad (saw) is His
messenger, and Ali (asws) is the Wali of Allah. Anyone who believes in Allah and the Day of
Judgment should honor his guests. One who believes in Allah and the Day of Judgment
should respect and honor his parents. One who believes in Allah and the Day of Judgment
should say only good things or otherwise remain silent.”

[b]On the fifth door was written, “There is no god except Allah, Muhammad (saw) is His Messenger, and Ali (asws) is the Wali of Allah. One who wants that no one should abuse him or dishonors him and does not wish to oppress someone nor be oppressed himself, then he must hold tight to the powerful chain and continuously say “La illaha illallah, Muhammadin rasullullah, Aliunwaliullah”.[/b]

On the sixth door of jannah was written, “There is no god except Allah, Muhammad (saw) is the Messenger of Allah, and Ali (asws) is the Wali of Allah. One who wants his grave to be widened should build mosque. One who wants the earthworms to not eat his body in the grave should spend the majority of his time in the mosque. One who does not want to be clothed in the hereafter should provide dress to the poor. One who wants to be healthy and
powerful should propagate the zikr (remembrance) of Allah. One who wants to remain in jannah should remain in the mosque.”

On the seventh door was written, “There is no god except Allah. Muhammad (saw) is His Messenger and Ali (asws) is the Wali of Allah. Four acts brighten one’s heart:

1. Visiting the sick
2. Attending funerals
3. Buying kafan
4. Paying debts

On the eighth door was written, “There is no god except Allah. Muhammad (saw) is His Messenger, and Ali (asws) is the Wali of Allah. One who wants to enter jannah through
these eight doors should adopt these four rituals; sadqa, generosity, morality, and
removing hardships from people.”

Then I saw the doors of jahannum (hell).

On the first door three sayings were written; “Whoever remains hopeful of Allah will be happy. Who has fear of Allah will be in peace. That person will be destroyed who hoped from ghair Allah and feared ghair Allah (other than Allah)”.

On the second door was written; “One who wants to be raised with clothing on the Day of Judgment should provide dress in this world to those without dress. One who does not want to be thirsty on the Day of Judgment should give water to the thirsty in this world. One who does not want to remain hungry on the Day of Judgment should feed the hungry in this world.”

On the third door was written, “Allah’s curse be upon the kafirs. Allah’s curse be upon the miserly. Allah’s curse be upon the oppressors.”

On the fourth door these three sayings were written, “One who insults islam, may Allah degrade him. One who insults Ahlul Bayt (as), may Allah humiliate him. One who
helps the oppressor, may Allah curse him.”

On the fifth door was written, “Do not follow your desires because desires take you away from iman. Do not speak abusively as it removes the mercy of Allah and do not be helpful to the oppressors.”

On the sixth door, it was written, “I (jahannum) am haram on those who offer tahajjud prayers and on those who fast.”

On the seventh door was written, “Be accountable for your deeds before you will
be made to be accountable. Call Allah before you return back to Him then you will no longer
be able to call upon Him.”

(Fazail ibn Shazaan page 152)

Taken from: Names and Titles of Ameerul Momineen (asws)

#21 Wilayat Mission

Wilayat Mission

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 05:28 PM

RasoolAllah (saw) said,

[“On the day of judgment, Ali (asws) ibn Abi Talib (as) will sit on Fardoos, a high mountain in Jannah. Allah’s Throne will be above it and rivers will be flowing under it. Ali (asws) will sit on a chair made from noor on the top of this mountain. No one will be able to cross the Bridge except those who possess the letter of the Wilayat of Ahlul Bayt (asws). Their lovers will be the dwellers of jannah and Their enemies will be the inmates of hell.”

(Manaqib pg 31)

Edited by Wilayat Mission, 01 August 2010 - 05:28 PM.

#22 Shieflower

Shieflower

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 05:49 AM

(bismillah) (salam)
Jazak Allah khair for sharing with us.
May Allah help You with Your work, Inshallah.

#23 djays

djays
  • Basic Members
  • 28 posts
  • Religion:Islam

Posted 14 August 2010 - 04:30 AM

Assalam

This is a beautiful a thread : the virtues of Maula Ali (a.s)

I also have few hadeeths with me. To start with

"[Shakir 2:31] And He taught Adam all the names, then presented them to the angels; then He said: Tell me the names of those if you are right."

In Durr Manthur, Jalaluddin Sayuti (a sunni alim) narrated that the Holy Prophet had said: "The objects shown to the angels were five lights. Allah informed the angels pointing to each of the lights respectively:

(i) This is Muhammad, the most praised, derived from My name, the praised one.

(ii) This is Ali, the high, derived from My name, the highest.

(iii) This is Fatimah, the original, derived from my name, the originator of the heavens and the earth.

(iv) This is Hasan, the bountiful, derived from My name, the benefactor.

(v) This is Husayn, the good, derived from My name, the good in origin.

O angels! It is in love of these five that I have created the universe.

In another place in Quran Allah ÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì said

38:75 ((Allah)) said: "O Iblis! What prevents thee from prostrating thyself to one whom I have created with my hands? Art thou haughty? Or art thou one of the high (and mighty) ones?"

In this verse the high ones are :

"It is narrated by Abu Huraira that Rasul (saww) said, when Allah ÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì created Adam (as), and when the soul entered his body, Adam (as) looked towards the garden of heaven and saw 5 bright faces. Adam (as) was amazed that they were prostrating towards Allah ÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì. Adam (as) asked Allah ÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì, that who are these five faces who are like me? Allah ÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì said, that all of these five will be from your progeny, but as you are made from clay, they are created from my Divine Nur. And I have created the entire creation for them only and their names are from My Names. That is I am Mahmood and he is Mohammad, I am Alaa and he is Ali, I am Fatir and she is Fatima, I am Ahsaan and he is Hassan and I am Mohsin and he is Hussain. I swear by my Divine majesty, that if anybody does not respects them or even that does not believe in any one of them, then I will throw them in eternal punishment. So, O' Adam, understand well that all these five are my chosen ones, and for them I will forgive people and shower my compassion. And if you (Adam) or anyone from your progeny befalls any hardship, then ask me with the intercession of these five for help, verily you will find me most beneficient. Rasul (saww) also said, that whoever wants happiness and peace in their life, then they should believe in all five of us as one, and love us and pray to Allah ÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì with intercession of our Names in their prayers."

Rerences: This can be found in

Musharaful Mahbubeen Page 411 & 412, Faraid al Simthayn Volume 1 page 36 and Arjahu al Muttalib page 575 (all books of sunni ulema)

Assalam

Hadith Tayr (bird)

Anas Ibn Malik narrated:

I was serving the Messenger of Allah a roasted bird and Messenger of Allah prayed. He said, “O Allah, bring me the most beloved of your creation to share with me this bird.” I said, “O Allah, make it a man from the Ansar.” Ali, May Allah be pleased with him, came and I said to him, “The Messenger of Allah is engaged in something.” He came again and I said, “The Messenger of Allah is engaged in something.” He came again and the Messenger of Allah said, “Open the door,” and so he entered and the Messenger of Allah said, “What is your business, O Ali?” He said, “This is the third time I came by and each time Anas sent me away. He claimed you were engaged in something.” He said, “Why did you do what you did?” I said, “O Messenger of Allah, I heard your supplication and I liked it to be someone from my people.” The Messenger of Allah said, “The man loves his people.”

Mustadrak alal Sahihain, Volume 3, #4650, page 119

Assalaam

When Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him) alighted at the pool of Khumm, he took Ali by the hand and asked those present, "Do you not know that I am closer to the believers that they themselves?" They replied, "Certainly." He then asked, "Do you not know that I am nearer to every believer than he himself?" They replied, "Certainly." He then said, " Allah, he whose Maula I am has Ali as his Maula. O Allah, be friendly to those who are friendly to him and hostile to those who are hostile to him." After that Umar met him and said, "Congratulations, son of AbuTalib. Morning and evening you are the Maula of every believing man and woman."

(Al-Tirmidhi Hadith # 6094)

Assalaam

Ahmad bin Hanbal says :

Buredah al-Aslami has related: The Prophet (SAWW) dispatched two regiments towards Yemen, one under the command of Ali ibn Abi Talib and the other led by Khalid bin Walid with instructions that when the two regiments are with each other they should be under the sole command of Ali, and when they are separate they will remain under different commanders. We the Muslim forces, encountered the Yemeni tribe of Bani Zayd and fought and defeated these infidels. When their men had died fighting, the families surrendered and from among the captives, Ali chose a maid for himself. Burayrah continues: Khalid bin Walid sent me to the Prophet (SAWW) with a letter informing him of this matter. I submitted the letter to the Prophet (SAWW) and when he had read it I saw signs of anger appear on his face. I said: O Messenger of Allah (SAWW), you sent me with a man instructing me to obey him, and accordingly I performed whatever duty I was ordered to do. The Messenger of Allah (SAWW) said: "Don't try to find faults with Ali, he is indeed from me and I am from him, he is your Wali (guardian) after me. He is from me and I am from him, he is your Wali (guardian) after me."

(Masnad Ahmad bin Hanbal, masnad al-Ansar

#24 S.hussain110

S.hussain110
  • Basic Members
  • 1 posts
  • Religion:ISLAM

Posted 15 August 2010 - 01:08 AM

(salam)

I do not want debate. Please give hadiths of Prophet (pbuh) in praise of Hazrat Ali (as) with reference. Remember please do not discuss rijal etc in this thread. I just want to make a good collection of hadiths in praise of Imam Ali (a.s)

1) The Prophet (s) said, “The title of the believer's book is love for Ali Úáíå ÇáÓáÇã.” Al-Manaqib of Ibn Al-Maghazeli, 243; Tarikh Baghdad of Al-Khatib Al-Baghdadi, 4/410; Al-Jami^ of Al-Sayuti, 2/145; Yanabi^ Al-Mawda.

2) The Prophet (s) said, “The one who wants to live my life and die my death will attach himself to Ali Úáíå ÇáÓáÇã.” Musnad of Ahmad, 5/94; Mustadrak Al-Sahihain of Al-Hakim Al-Nisabori, 3/128; Kenz Al-Omal, 6/217; Al-Tabarani.

3) The Prophet (s) said, “Exemption from the Hellfire comes with love for Ali Úáíå ÇáÓáÇã.” Mustadrak Al-Sahihain of Al-Hakim Al-Nisabori, 2/241; Tarikh Baghdad of Al-Khateeb Al-Baghdadi, 6/851; Akhtab Khawarizm, 86; Ibn Al-Maghazeli, 90.

4) The Prophet (s) said, “Ali Úáíå ÇáÓáÇã is with the Qur’an, and the Qur’an is with Ali.” Al-Bukhari, 5/19; Muslim, 2/360; Al-Tirmidhi, 5/304; Mustadrak Al-Sahihain of Al-Hakim Al-Nisabori, 3/109; Ibn Majah, 1/28; Musnad Ahmad, 3/328.

5) The Prophet (s) said, “The position of Ali Úáíå ÇáÓáÇã amongst the people is like Surat Qul Hu Allahu Ahad in the Qur’an.” Muslim, 1/48; Al-Tirmidhi, 2/299; Al-Nisa’i, 27; Musnad Ahmad, 6/299; Ibn Al-Maghazeli, 191.

Please continue with no. 6 in bold blue formate. I want uniformity in the thread.

HERE is a quote of IMAM ALI A.S 'LIVE AMONG PEOPLE IN SUCH A MANNER THAT IS U DIE THEY WEEP OVER YOU AND IF YOU LIVE THEY CRAVE FOR YOUR COMPANY'

#25 Ahmad.G

Ahmad.G

Tawakkaltu 'ala Allah ♥

• Advanced Members
  • PipPip
  • 432 posts
  • Religion:Shi'a Muslim

Posted 16 September 2010 - 10:03 PM

(bismillah)(salam)

Posted Image

Hazrat Ali (A.S.) Lived like the Poorest

The food that Hazrat Ali ate and the dress he wore were such as even the poorest could afford. It was not because he was poor but it was his desire to lead the life of the poorest person and spend all that could thus be spared for the poor. Below are given a few incidents at the time when he was the Caliph.
1. Imam Ahmad Ibne Hanbal in his 'Musnand' as quoted by Sowaeda-Ibne-Ghafla: "One day I went to see Ali in the Government House (Darul Imrah). It was the time of breakfast and before him there was a cup of milk and some barley bread. The bread was dry, stale and hard, and did not contain any butter or oil. It could not be easily broken into pieces, and Ali had to exert himself to break and soften it. I turned towards his slave Fizza and said, 'O Fizza, have you no pity on your master, that you allow him to eat this sort of bread? 'She replied, 'He has given us strict instructions that nothing is to be added to his bread and even chaff and husk are not to be separated from the flour. We ourselves eat much better food than this though we are his slaves.' Hearing this, I told Ali, 'O Lord, have pity oil yourself, look at your age, your responsibilities, your hard work.' He replied, 'O Sowaeda, you have no idea what the Holy Prophet used to eat. He hardly ate anything for three consecutive days."
2. AlIama Kamal-ud-din Mohamed-lbne-Talha-e-Shafeyee in his book 'Matalib-ul-Soul' quotes Abdullah Ibne Zurare as saying, "I went to see Hazrat Ali on a day of eid. He asked me to join him in his breakfast, to which I readily agreed. I was surprised at the poor kind of food that was served to us and said, 'O Lord, you are a Caliph and a King. I was expecting that game would be served to us.' Ali replied, 'O Ibne-Zurare, you have heard of mighty kings who have led lives of luxury. I prefer to be near to God and lead the life of a poor and humble person - a humble laborer.'
3. Milani in his book 'Seerath' and Imam Ahmad in his 'Musnad' quotes the famous 'Tabayee' Ibne Abee Rafay, that he went to Ali on the day of Eid and while he was sitting there a bag was brought before him. He thought that the bag might contain jewels. Ali opened the bag, it contained dry pieces of bread, which he softened with water. Ibne Abee Rafay asked him the reason for sealing such a bag which evens a beggar would not care to steal. Ali smiled and said, 'I keep it scaled because my children try to substitute softer bread containing oil and butter.' Ibne Abee Rafay then asked Hazrat Ali, 'Has God prohibited you from eating better kind of food? 'No' Ali replied, 'but I want to eat the kind of food which the poorest of this realm can afford to eat at least once a day. I shall only improve upon it after I have made them more comfortable. I want to live, feel and suffer like them.'
Imam Ahmad in his book 'Al-Munaquib' and Ibne Asir in his history, quotes Haroon Ibne Anzaa as saying that he accompanied his father Anzaa, to the 'Khorenique' castle to meet Hazrat Ali. It was a very cold day is winter had set in, and he found Ali in a very thin Cotton garment, and the cold was making him shiver. Anzaa asked him, "O Commander of the Faithful! God has reserved a share for you and for your family from the Baitul Mal (Government Treasury), why do you not make use of it? "He replied, "O Anzaa! I do not want anything from the treasury and this is the dress which I have brought with me from Medina."

Views of Allama Ibne Abil Hadid al-Mutazali about Imam Ali (A.S.)

Allama Ibne abil Hadid al-Mutazali, the commentator of Nahjul Balagha, says: “Hazrat Ali had a personality in which opposite characteristics had so gathered that it was difficult to believe that a human mind could manifest such a combination. He was the bravest man that history could cite, such brave persons are always hardhearted, cruel, and eager for blood-shed, but Ali was a kind hearted sympathetic and warm hearted person, qualities quite contradictory to the other phase of his character and more suited to pious and God fearing persons.”
“He was a very pious and God fearing man and often such religious persons avoid society and do not care to mix with men of sin and men of wrath on the other hand warriors, kings and dictators are usually arrogant and haughty; they consider it below their dignity to mix with the poor, lowly and humble people. But Ali was different. He was a friend to all. As a matter of fact he had a tender spot in his heart for the poor and humble, and for orphans and cripples. To them he always was a kind friend, a sympathetic guide and a fellow sufferer; he was meek with them but haughty and arrogant towards famous warriors and generals, so many of whom he had killed in hand-to-hand combats. He was always kind but strict with wayward persons, sympathetically teaching them the ways of God. He always smiled and passed happy and witty rejoinders, it was difficult to overcome him in debates or repartees; his rejoinders and retorts always bore a distinct mark of culture, education and knowledge.”
“He was a scion of a very illustrious, rich and noble clan, as well as the son-in-law and a great favorite of the Holy Prophet (A.S.); at the same time he was the greatest warrior and marshal of his time; yet, in spite of his riches, he ate, dressed and lived like a poor person; to him wealth was for the use of other needy persons, not for himself and his family. Change of times and change of circumstances did not bring any change in his bearing, mien or character. Even when he was acclaimed as the Caliph, he was the same Au as they had found him to be during the previous regimes.”
“Once in the society of Abdullah, son of Imam Malik-ibne-Hunbal, a discussion took place about Ali and his Caliphate; Abdullah brought the discussion to an end saying that the Caliphate did not bring any honor or glory to Ali, but it was itself honored and glorified by Ali and it received the status actually due to it.”
“The world cannot quote an example other than that of Ali of a first class warrior and a marshal who is also a philosopher, a moralist and a great teacher of religious principles and theology. A study of his life shows that his sword was the only help that Islam received during its early days of struggle in its wars of self-defence. For Islam he was the first and the last line of defence; who was there to stand by him in the battles of Badar, Ohad, Khandaq, Khyber and Hunain? This is one aspect of his life. While the other facet of his character is reflected in his sermons, orders, letters and sayings. What high values of morality they teach, what ethics’ they preach, what intricate problems of Unitarianism they elucidate, how rich they are in philosophy; how they imbibe the spirit of righteousness and teach rulers to become kind, good, benevolent and God-fearing rulers, and subjects to be faithful, sincere and law abiding, how they persuade men to be warriors who can fight only for God, truth and justice, and not mercenaries murdering and plundering for wealth and riches; and how they instruct teachers to teach nothing injurious and harmful to mankind. These are but undisputable proofs of his great-ness and spiritual superiority. Has history ever produced a more splendid personality incorporating such variegated characteristics of mind and heart?”

Posted Image

A Glance at the Views and Policy of Imam Ali (A.S.) on the Human Rights

By: Mehri Haqqani
Some forty years ago arguments ended successfully in Paris and the Universal Declaration of Human Rights was approved by the U.N. General Assembly. Human rights indicated full consideration of man for others and for what happened around him in the world.
Sa’di, the great poet of Iran poetized centuries ago a verse that has served as motto for the UNO. But the credit has been for the short-lived and justice-oriented rule of Imam Ali (as) about 14 centuries ago that had placed first and foremost great emphasis on the indisputable rights of humans.
Among Muslim thinkers, the issue of human rights has formed different ideologies including traditional approach and religious modernist approach. Secretary to the Islamic Committee of Human Rights, Mohammad Ziaiefar said of Imam Ali’s approach to the issue of human rights: “In the world of today there are indications as to the observance of human rights. We have to see first how far the words and actions of Imam Ali complied with these indication 14 centuries ago and then draw conclusions for our society of today.” Some indications of human rights are discussed at international level from both theoretical and practical aspects. First, the issue of human rights is to be observed the world over. It is not for a special society, an ethnic group and historical and social conditions. It is for all humans worldwide under all political and social conditions and system of government.
Human rights are inseparable and cannot be disintegrated into different parts, one part executed by statesmen and another part disregarded. Economic, political or cultural rights are all parts of a whole body to be observed multilaterally. If a society enjoys economic development at the expense of political and cultural freedoms being trampled on, human rights are not observed. Governments are required to have a macro plan for an all-out observance of human rights. If a government accepted the principle that human rights should be observed at a global level, but had no macro planning, it has failed to have this principle implemented. With micro planning there should be theoretical and practical frameworks to provide for an all-out performance of government in long term that cannot be violated.
Imam Ali (as) believed that humans had their own rights and values irrespective of their religious beliefs and no one could deny the humanity of humans, even atheists. Imam Ali in his letter to Malik Ashtar said that people were either his religious brothers or his equals in creation. He attached the same importance to both of them. Imam Ali believed that humans, as such, whether of the same religion or of different religions, even atheists had their own rights.
The secretary to the Islamic Committee of Human Rights, Ziaiefar, said that Imam Ali had expressed his views on various occasion as to the way of government before and after he became the Islamic caliph. In his famous letter to Malik Ashtar, the then governor of Egypt, the Imam warned him that in power he should not take humans as lacerated flesh on their dead bodies. People were his fellow creatures. Imam Ali maintained that humans as such deserved to be protected and treated equally. This was the belief that human rights were for all humans alike. The difference in Imam Ali’s approach to human rights with the modernist approach is that he believed human rights came from God and no one was ever to deny to humans their divine rights. This is a salient point and stipulation in the constitution of the Islamic Republic of Iran.
The approach of Muslim thinkers is either traditional or modernist. Religious modernism does not believe that there is no specific system of government, but believes that political orientation differs. The Qur’an does not suggest a specific system and in the history of Islam Muslims have experienced different systems of government like emirate, empire, monarchy, constitutional and republic. These different systems of government, however, are not political and social approaches. Political orientation exists, but has no system. Religion is concerned about the magnanimity of humans, social justice and existence of families. Some religious leaders formed governments, but how the affairs of government were executed, they could not be imitated, since social issues were constantly changing.
Even the late Ayatollah Motahhari believed the instruments for the present system of capitalism were somehow a new phenomenon. The issue of human rights as a fundamental is a new concept, but at the same time it can be traced back to the past. The issue of human rights is associated with or dissociated from the past. It is dissociated because in the past man was a minor object of attention whereas now he is a fundamental object of attention and consideration. In the past some ideologies respected man and set of values and rights for him. Freedom of opinions has been a salient object of note in human rights. In the days of Imam Ali, his opponents rose and interrupted him. He said: “Do criticize me overly and covertly.” He believed criticism redressed the wrongs of the government. Justice was a noteworthy concept in the rule of Imam Ali. What is meant by justice, Ziaiefar says, is total observance of human rights. Justice was a pivotal concern of Imam Ali. In his macro planning he placed great emphasis on administration of justice with his deep insight. He gave all-out strict instructions as to maintaining justice in executive, judicial, military and management domains of power. He advised rulers to control their realties lest they should misappropriate the public fund.
Translated by: A. Quds Sharifi

Posted Image

The Character of Imam Ali (A.S.)

In the personality and character of Ali Bin Abi Tâlib (A.S.), we find a combination of all the good aspects of human personalities.
This is because we are reminded of his personality whenever and wherever we find ourselves face to face with any hero or genius. In his character, we find a mixture of all such noble emotions and sentiments as may create in us feelings of compassion and admiration. This is because he himself was a martyr and the father of a line of martyrs. His biography as well as the biographies of his sons and descendants present to us a series of struggle and strife as well as of defeats and frustrations. They show to a distant observer, sometimes old men, revered by time and old age and then by the swords which never have compassion for any one; and on other occasions, young men in the prime of their youth, being deprived of their lives, not only lives but sometimes before even of food and drink too, walking towards their death, bathed in their blood, hungry and thirsty.
In the character of Ali Bin Abi Tâlib (A.S.), we find a mixture of such ideas and images as may lead the poetical imagination of man either to soar high in the skies or dive below into the deepest cavern of thought. He was a brave man who helped human sensibility reach the core of reality and heights of imagination, and, in whose praise and glorification, both the eyewitnesses as well as the lovers of the romance have participated.
His character meets the world of thought on one hand and borders at the world of imagination and pathos on the other. This is because of his being a man of opinions in the fields of Islamic philosophy, mysticism and ethics, which surpass all other ideas in these fields.
As we find his personality as confluence of thought, imagination, and pathos, so do we find a mixture of literary or artistic taste, because he was a stylist himself and had a special manner both in the field of literature as well as rhetoric, which is followed by many. A part of this taste which has reached is praised, not too exaggeratedly, by the people who have a taste for literature, although there is a distance of hundreds of years between him and them. He was a man of letter full of wisdom, an orator of great skill and a writer of such a maturity which is found only in the masterpieces of Arabic poetry and prose.
But Human conscience has many aspects other than those of pathos, imagination, thought, good taste and beautiful expression. One of these aspects, which has never disappeared in any era, is that of differences in various natures and intellects, or in other words, it is aspect of opposition, which results always from any opinion, or question of right and country.
It is possible that intelligence, reason and taste may degenerate or Imagination and pathos may cease to function, but what never gets disrupted and degenerated is the opposition between different minds, controversies and differences of opinions and prejudices and biases.
And here lies the most strange and unique trait of the Imam's character and personality, which he himself has very precisely expressed when he said, "People will love me to such an extent that they will land into the Hell, while others will hate and despise me to such an extent that they too will go to the Hell," or when he said,"Two types of men will meet their destruction in their relations with me one who loves me exaggeratedly for that which is not in me, and the one who hates me so much that he concocts accusations against me."
The Imam(A.S.) has told the truth about the exaggeration in which his friends and enemies involve themselves. Some of his devotees, out of sheer love and devotion for him, have deified him while some of those who hated him reached to such an extent as led them to declare that he was an heretic. There are, on one hand, the Ghulât who worship him, and despite his orders not to do so. He asks them to repent, but they do not obey him and persist in their heresy. And on the other hand, there are the Khârjites who declare him to be an apostate and an heretic, and demand from him that he expresses his repentance for violating God's orders. They curse him right upon the pulpits, as did the Umayyids, who opposed them in their beliefs and doctrines but supported them in respect of cursing Ali(A.S.).
Such a vast field of controversy is the personality of Ali (A.S.) as may not be found in the lives of other heroes who have been subjected to love as well as hatred ; some say that he is God, while others pronounce him to be an apostate and an heretic thrown out of the limits of God's mercy.
Another aspect of human conscience found in the personality of Ali(A.S.) in different ways is that of complaint and revolt or that of a zeal for reconstruction and reform.
Ali's name has become a standard round which every one whose rights have usurped, gathers; it has become a slogan raised by every one demanding for justice. All those who bear anger against a revolting society and unjust government, take refuge in the Alawides call as if it were synonymous with reform, or as if Imam Ali(A.S.) was the only way out for every persecuted person. Persons suffering from internal conflicts find their remedy in the name of Ali (A.S.), and those who rebel against oppression find in the name of Ali(A.S.) a drive for their rebellion and a satisfaction for their anger. The one who goes through the history of Islam with reason, or with taste, or with imagination, or with sentiment, finds in the personality of Ali(A.S.) a point of intersection with his own temperament, in many ways and in many circumstances. This is the idiosyncratic trait of Ali's personality which distinguishes him from others in the panels of history. Thus, there exist links between Ali(A.S.) and people's hearts which are created by human nature, though the history or the historians might have failed to find them.

His Character-traits
Ali(A.S.) was the first Hashimite whose father and mother both were from the Hashimite. Thus in him were combined all those character- traits on account of which this noble family had become famous. These traits had already appeared in old well-known members of this tribe. These traits, briefly enumerated, are nobility, strength, bravery, affection, devotion, chivalry, intelligence etc., in addition to physical and bodily qualities found in many of these members.
Perhaps, it is true of Ali's characteristics that he was a fast-growing child which was a preliminary step to his fame for intelligence and capability. Thus, he had the quality of rapid growth as he had the results of this rapid growth in the form of difficulties and problems which such persons have to bear in view of the old age of their parents.
He grew up as a man of strong body both in his young age as well as the old. He maintained this stoutness, strength and physical fitness right up to his end, reaching around sixty.
His life-story as well as his characteristics indicate that he had an immense bodily strength and ability to resist illness and disease. He could easily raise a rider from his horse and throw him down on the ground without any effort. He would hold the arms of a person as if he had held his soul that would not let him breathe. He would move a huge stone from its place which needed many persons to move it. He would carry a large gate which many strong men found difficult to be turned.
Side by side with this immense strength, he was so brave that none would dare face him in the battlefield. He was so courageous in the face of death that for centuries none could reach his fame and glory in this respect. He was just a raw youth when he dared face Amr Bin Abd Wudd, known as the Knight of the Arabian Peninsula, who was considered a match for a thousand, both by his friends and enemies. His bravery, however, was decorated with the best of qualities which are found in the brave. No one knows bravery personified in a better way than was presented by Ali(A.S.) without any effort or conflict of mind. And these qualities are refraining from any kind of aggression, benevolence shown to the opponent, irrespective of his being weak or strong, and being free from ill-will against the enemy after the conclusion of the battle.
One sign of his refraining from aggression is that he never took the initiative in fighting unless he had no other alternative. He used to say to his son, Imam Hasan(A.S.), "Never call for fighting, and if you are called to it, then reply. The one who calls for fighting is an aggressor and an aggressor finally get killed."
It was discovered that the Kharjites' were leaving his camp with the intention of fighting against him. He was told that the Kaharjites were rebelling against him and therefore he should take the initiative and fight them first. But he replied, "I shall not fight them unless they come to fight me. And this they shall do."
He took the same step before the Battle of the Camel and that of Siffin, and all other encounters whether big or small, or whether the enmity of the opponents was open or hidden. He always invited them to peace and forbade his men to begin fighting. He never put his hand on the sword unless he had earlier folded it for peace talks.
Once he was preaching before some people and his sermon affected some of the Kharjites who had declared him as an heretic. So one of the admirers exclaimed in a fierce manner like a person who neither controls his hatred nor admiration, and said, "May God kill this heretic, how understanding and reasonable he is!" When his friends heard these words, they wanted to rebuke the Kharjite, but he said to them, "Either you should curse as he did or excuse him."
We quite well know that he said to Amr Bin Abd Wudd, "I do not hate to shed your blood."But these words he uttered only after becoming disappointed that Amr would not embrace Islam or give up fighting against the Muslims. First he offered to him that he should leave the battle-field, but Amr refused and said, "So that the Arabs should talk about my escape." Then he called out to him, "O Amr! You gave a promise to your people that no one from the Quraish would ask you two things but you would accept one." Amr replied in affirmative. Ali (A.S.) then said to him, "I then invite you either to become a Muslim or to fight." Amr asked him, "But why, O my nephew? I do not like to kill you ..." He then had no alternative but to kill or get killed.
Despite such a bitter enmity between him and Mu'âwiyah and his armies, he never fought against them nor did he take revenge upon them and avenge his friends except what they deserved on the occasion. It happened during the Battle of Siffin that one of Mu'âwiyah's friends, named Kuraiz bin As-Sabâh Al-Himyari, came out of his rank and challenged Ali's side for a duel. In reply to this challenge, one of the companions of Ali(A.S.) went out but was killed by Kuraiz. He again challenged, and another went out from Ali's side but was again killed. He repeated it four times and killed four men from Ali's side. Then he attacked the army as a whole, with the result that the men who were in the first rank, tried to withdraw to the second and so on. Ali(A.S.) apprehended that the awe of this person might create panic in his army. He therefore himself went out to meet this man who had just established his skill and bravery, and finally killed him. Now Ali(A.S.) challenged in the same manner and killed three more persons one after the other, and then returned to his position.
As to his kindliness and culture, it was rare among the brave men. He refused to allow his army to take revenge, to kill an escaping person, to murder a wounded man, to strip the dead bodies in the battlefield or take money from his person. He came out to be victorious after the Battle of the Camel against Abdullah bin Zubair, Marwân bin al-Hakam, Sa'id Bin al-Aas, who were his sworn enemies, but he pardoned them and did not harm them at all. Similarly, he overcame Amr bin al-'Aas, who was more dangerous than a fully equipped army, but, when Amr stripped himself naked on the ground, he left him and let him save his life. Similarly, Mu'âwiyah's army interposed itself between Ali's forces and water during the Battle of Sif fin, and called out, "You will not get a single drop of water until you die of thirst. But when he defeated them and drove them from their positions on the river, he permitted them to drink water from the river as his soldiers did.
When he paid a visit to Aa'ishah after the Battle of Camel, Talhah's mother Saffiyah shouted at him, saying, "May God make your children orphans as you have done to my children!" He did not make any reply to her. When he returned from the visit, Safiyyah repeated what she had said earlier. Again he kept quiet and did not reply. A man, who got offended by the curses of Talhah's mother, said to him, Amir-ul Mu'minin ! You keep quiet at what this woman says?" Ali(A.S.) ignored him and said, "We have been ordered to refrain from harming or punishing women even though they are pagans; should we not refrain from doing so to Muslim women ?" He was on his way when some of his followers told him that two men were cursing Aa'ishah. He ordered them to be flogged one hundred strokes each. Then he saw a woman off with utmost honour, walked along with her camel for a long distance, and then sent persons to accompany her in her journey, to serve her and protect her. It is said that he sent twenty women from Abdul Qais family, who were asked to put on turbans and carry swords. When one woman was on the way, she used bad words against him, then sighed and said, "My privacy has been disclosed by his men under whose care he has sent me!" When she reached Madinah, these women threw down their turbans and said to her, "We are nothing else but only women.
This is his kindliness with his enemies, those who deserved honour or those who did not; those who had sanctity like Aa'ishah or those who did not enjoy such a position. This is a kind of treatment which is hardly found in a fighter and warrior during the heat of the battle.
His purity of heart and his being free from any kind of hatred comes at par with his nobility and uniqueness. He would not show any kind of hatred even against his sworn enemy or a person well known for having the bitterest feelings against him. He forbade his family and friends not to mutilate the body of his assassin, or kill any other person (after his death). Similarly, he mourned the death of Talhah, who had withdrawn his allegiance to him and had gathered armies to fight against him. In this elegy, he expressed the sentiments of extreme pain and grief. He also recommended to his followers not to fight with the Kharjites, who had disrupted his ranks and were more dangerous and vicious than Muâwiyah and his forces. This is because he found them sincere though mistaken and insistent on their mistakes.

Imam Ali (A.S.) and His Servant Qamber

It is narrated in Safinat’ul-Bihār from Imam Hasan Askari (a.s.) that one day a religious person from among his companions visited Amir ul-Mu’minīn Imam Ali (a.s.) with his son.
Imam Ali (a.s.) stood up and accorded great respect to him and ordered his servant Qamber to arrange for dinner for them. They ate together, then Qamber brought a pot of water and a towel to wash their hands. ‘Ali (a.s.) picked up the water pot and wanted to wash the hands of the guest when he protested. How is it possible for a slave to allow his master to serve him?
Imam Ali (a.s.) asked,
“What if by washing hands my Lord and master will be pleased with me? You wash your hands as if Qambar is pouring out water for you.”
These words compelled the companion to have his hands washed and ‘Ali (a.s.) poured out water for him. After this ‘Ali (a.s.) gave the water pot to his son Muhammad bin Hanafiyya and told him to pour out water for the son, so that the status of the father and the son is not made equal.
He (a.s.) said:
“If the father had not come with the son I myself would have poured water on his hands. But could not do so in the presence of the father.”
If Amir ul-Mu’minīn (a.s.) had washed the hands of the son himself, the status of the father and son would have been equal. But ‘Ali (a.s.) upheld the dignity of the father by not washing the hands of his son after he had washed the hands of the father.

Posted Image

Advice of Amir ul-Mu’minin Ali (A.S.) for the Businessmen

Whatever Imam Ali (A.S.) found himself free from the administrative work, he used to go to the market place and announce, “O people! Fear Allah! Weigh and measure with justice. Do not cheat people (by giving less) and do not spread corruption in the earth.”
One day ‘Ali (A.S.) saw a saffron seller short-weighing. He had applied oil to his hand and very cunningly he applied it to the pan of the balance which held the saffron. ‘Ali (A.S.) picked up the saffron from the balance and said, “First rectify your balance, then if you like you can give more than that.”

http://www.abna.ir/data.asp?lang=3&Id=202001

http://www.abna.ir/data.asp?lang=3&Id=202000

http://www.abna.ir/data.asp?lang=3&Id=201998

http://www.abna.ir/data.asp?lang=3&Id=202003

http://www.abna.ir/data.asp?lang=3&Id=202006

http://www.abna.ir/data.asp?lang=3&Id=202007

Edited by Ahmad.G, 16 September 2010 - 10:09 PM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users