#1 TrueImam

TrueImam

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 71 posts
  • Location:Orginaly from Kurdistan (north Iraq) but live in Sweden
  • Religion:Shia, Islam

Posted 24 May 2010 - 12:36 PM

Hi I'm a new convert to shia. I converted for about 2 months ago. I know everything about the story e.t.c. But I know that you have too say ash hadu ana ali un waliulah and ash hadu ana ali an hujjatullah. My question is I think I heard some one say: Ash hadu ana Ali an hujjatullah o hassan o hussein or ash hadu ana ali o hassan o hussein hujjatullah. Or something like that, I my queastion is can I say Ali un waliullah and then hassan o hussein hujjatulah?

#2 avjar7

avjar7

• Unregistered
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,846 posts
  • Religion:Islam

Posted 24 May 2010 - 12:41 PM

(salam)

Welcome to ShiaChat.

Please refer to this recent thread about it:

http://www.shiachat....-adhaan-salaah/

(salam)

Edited by avjar7, 24 May 2010 - 12:41 PM.

#3 MFAHH

MFAHH

الإسلام

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts
  • Religion:دين علي

Posted 24 May 2010 - 12:49 PM

Great to here that you have converted (oops, I mean reverted) Alhamdullilah. Do check the link the brother above gave.

#4 TrueImam

TrueImam

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 71 posts
  • Location:Orginaly from Kurdistan (north Iraq) but live in Sweden
  • Religion:Shia, Islam

Posted 24 May 2010 - 01:14 PM

Salamu aleikum,

I readed most of it but it didn't actully answer my queastion. Or maybe it's just me who is stupid but please help me. I don't understand the things about if I can say hassan o hussein hujjatullah. But I have understood ali un waliullah

#5 iraqi_shia

iraqi_shia

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,087 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 02:01 PM

you know what my friend, dont worry.

The fact that you are trying says it all, do your best, and inshallah it will be accepted. Dont worry about tiny details etc, dont worry about trying to "fit in" , do what you know, learn as you go, and if anyone says anything to you, just simply reply, " im doing the best I can, if you know better, please tell me".

I have copied this from here:

http://www.najaf.org.../inside/102.htm

Adhan and Iqamah

925. It is Mustahab for man and woman to say Adhan and Iqamah before offering daily obligatory prayers, but for other Mustahab or obligatory prayers, they are not prescribed. But before prayers of Eid ul Fitr and Eid ul Adha, it is Mustahab to say "As-Salah" three times, provided that the prayers are going to be offered in congregation.

926. It is recommended that Adhan be pronounced in the right ear of the child, and Iqamah in its left ear, on the day it is born or before the umbilical cord is cast off.

927. Adhan consists of the following 18 sentences:

Allahu Akbar - four times

(Allah is greater than any description)

Ash hadu an la ilaha illal lah - two times

(I testify that there is no god but Allah)

Ash hadu anna Muhammadan Rasu lul lah - two times

(I testify that Muhammad is Allah's Messenger)

Hayya'alas Salah - two times

(Hasten to prayers)

Hayya'alal Falah - two times

(Hasten to deliverance)

Hayya'ala Khayril 'Amal - two times

(Hasten to the best act)

Allahu Akbar - two times

(Allah is greater than any description)

La ilaha illal lah - two times

(There is no god but Allah)

As regard to Iqamah, it consists of 17 sentences. In Iqamah, Allahu Akbar is reduced in the beginning to twice, and at the end, La ilaha illal lah to once, and after Hayya 'ala Khayril 'Amal, Qadqa matis Salah (i.e. the prayers has certainly been established) must be added two times.

928. Ash hadu anna Amiral Mu'minina 'Aliyyan Waliyyullah ( I testify that the Commander of the faithful, Imam Ali (as) is the vicegerent of Allah) is not a part of either Adhan or Iqamah. But it is preferable that it is pronounced after Ash hadu anna Muhammadan Rasulul lah with the niyyat of Qurbat.

#6 avjar7

avjar7

• Unregistered
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,846 posts
  • Religion:Islam

Posted 24 May 2010 - 02:03 PM

Salamu aleikum,

I readed most of it but it didn't actully answer my queastion. Or maybe it's just me who is stupid but please help me. I don't understand the things about if I can say hassan o hussein hujjatullah. But I have understood ali un waliullah

Assalaamu aleykum. They take the same ruling. They are additions to the adhan that are not a part of it. It is better to affirm such meaning in your heart when saying the shahada in the adhan, if you wish, than to articulate it verbally.

(salam)

#7 kadhim

kadhim

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,605 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 07:48 AM

To the original poster, take careful note of this:

928. Ash hadu anna Amiral Mu'minina 'Aliyyan Waliyyullah ( I testify that the Commander of the faithful, Imam Ali is the vicegerent of Allah) is not a part of either Adhan or Iqamah. But it is preferable that it is pronounced after Ash hadu anna Muhammadan Rasulul lah with the niyyat of Qurbat.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users