wonderer

Thoughts (2010-2016) [ARCHIVE]

Rate this topic

(salam)

A week or so ago l saw this docu-movie about the reporter that revealed that CIA operations in Latin American led to the crack epidemic.

In the deleted scene section, at a garage, the Fed DA tells the reporter, "Reality is Classified"

So Friday the 10th, on Charlie Rose, PBS, the guest, Phillip Mudd -former deputy director counter-terrorism center and aide to DCIA George Tenet says, "There are people who think Knowledge is Secret".

I just ordered my first telescope, a basic beginner, low power model. I hope I'm not too close to city lights to see anything. My area is what I'd describe as "suburban". Any recommendations for things to look for/at? The telescope description says I'll be able to see detail on the moon, the rings of Saturn, moons and coloration of Jupiter, for example, but not very tiny or very distant things.

(salam)

notme:  one thing you can do to help eliminate glare and the shine from area lights is to put a black tube on the end of the scope.

Since you have a "beginner's model" it is  probably light-weight construction. So make a tube out of paper or cardboard and painted non-shiny flat black (on the inside of course).

#badmom

My son complained of having trouble falling asleep, so I suggested he read a book. Then I looked through my shelves. I couldn't find any H. P. Lovecraft, so I handed him a Stephen King short story collection.

#badmom

My son complained of having trouble falling asleep, so I suggested he read a book. Then I looked through my shelves. I couldn't find any H. P. Lovecraft, so I handed him a Stephen King short story collection.

I hope this isn't insulting, but just wondering sister. Is your son religious? Maybe you can tell him to listen to duas and Quran? It 100% works, and eases and clears ones mind while receiving boundless baraka

I hope this isn't insulting, but just wondering sister. Is your son religious? Maybe you can tell him to listen to duas and Quran? It 100% works, and eases and clears ones mind while receiving boundless baraka

Thank you brother. If he were seriously having insomnia, that would be the correct suggestion. I really was just teasing him because he couldn't sleep last night due to excitement over getting a new video game today.

I just ordered my first telescope, a basic beginner, low power model. I hope I'm not too close to city lights to see anything. My area is what I'd describe as "suburban". Any recommendations for things to look for/at? The telescope description says I'll be able to see detail on the moon, the rings of Saturn, moons and coloration of Jupiter, for example, but not very tiny or very distant things.

Please do post feedback on the telescope.

A good idea might be to get an app such as Mobile Observatory and use the Live View mode. It'll help you to identify objects in the night sky.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ikvxg5zpog7adr7/Mobile%20Observatory%20-%20Astronomy%20v2.31.apk?dl=0

Not familiar with the iOS equivalent, sorry.

Please do post feedback on the telescope.

A good idea might be to get an app such as Mobile Observatory and use the Live View mode. It'll help you to identify objects in the night sky.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ikvxg5zpog7adr7/Mobile%20Observatory%20-%20Astronomy%20v2.31.apk?dl=0

Not familiar with the iOS equivalent, sorry.

Thanks! I have an app on my tablet. Might get one for my phone too. It should arrive tomorrow, but we are expecting the rain to continue into next week. I might set it up indoors just to get a feel for it.

Thank you brother. If he were seriously having insomnia, that would be the correct suggestion. I really was just teasing him because he couldn't sleep last night due to excitement over getting a new video game today.

Lol sister, listening to duas and Quran isn't just for having insomnia or a disease XD it's something everyone should do on the daily.

Edited by Ethics

Lol sister, listening to duas and Quran isn't just for having insomnia or a disease XD it's something everyone should do on the daily.

Well yes, true, but I was talking about my son not sleeping.

Well yes, true, but I was talking about my son not sleeping.

Not sleeping isn't only due to insomnia... It could be also due to the countless projects due in a week X_X

I have noticed that more people press the like button for posts of mine whose merit is in their rhetoric, rather than for those posts that I consider to have more intellectual merit :(

For a long time it has been a discouragement against attempting higher quality posts. I wonder if other members feel the same.

Edited by Muhammed Ali

(salam)

I always take an absence of "likes"  as either "do not agree" ; "do not like" or that l did not articulate/word my point clearly enough.

"K" commented once he "finally understood" one of my posts. I still think that is not accurate.  Another, "N" wrote my posts were useless (paraphrase).

Bismehe Ta3ala,

Joum3 mubaraqa to you all.

Allahoma 3jal wliqa al Faraj.

Ya Qaim Ahle Mohamed .

Adriqna ya sahib al zaman.

Please three salawats and fatiha to hasten the reappearance of Imam Mahdi.

M3 Salamah, FE AMIN Allah

A man goes to the masjid everyday for a long time and supplicates to Allah(swt). The Imam of the masjid comes to the man and asks him. Brother you've been coming here daily and praying so hard, what are you praying for? The man says for Allah to grant me a child. The Imam asks him and nothing happened to you all this time? Your duas were not answered? The man says no. The Imam is preplexed at the situation of the man until it finally occurred to him to ask. Brother are you married? The man says no. The imam shouts and says who do you think you are virgin marry. Go and get married!!!

(salam)

I always take an absence of "likes"  as either "do not agree" ; "do not like" or that l did not articulate/word my point clearly enough.

"K" commented once he "finally understood" one of my posts. I still think that is not accurate.  Another, "N" wrote my posts were useless (paraphrase).

(salam)

I always wondered why people take the time to say mean and rude things like posts being useless.  Not cool.  Some of what I've read of yours is divergent from my opinoin on certain issues (politics, climate change, etc.), but you generally put up well written and thought provoking points.  I don't debate politics (tends to get people mad at each other), but that's nonsense to be mean to someone by calling their posts useless.  Looks like it didn't bug you, though, so that's cool.  B)

(wasalam)

R