wonderer

Thoughts (2010-2016) [ARCHIVE]

Rate this topic

"Positive" ?

Isn't that one of them-thar astrological signs, or something like that there.?

Nope. You over-complicate things. Just read it as it is, it simply means what it says; no secret meaning. :)

^ Elaborating on that:

Some retarded Iranian guy I work with can't help but say a disgusting thing every waking moment.

Firstly, he has to talk c.rap about everyone behind their backs for no reason.

Secondly, he's a filthy racist. He insults people based on their nationality after having seen them for all of two seconds.

Thirdly, and this is the final straw...

On the day of Tasu'a I was talking with my Iraqi (Shia) co-worker about how the Sunnis don't even know that it's Tasu'a or what that means. The disgusting (and nosy) FOB Iranian guy sticks his nose in and asks me: "what are you talking about?" I paused and then said: "Today is Tasu'a. We're talking about how the Sunnis don't even know about it." And he said: "That's because it's not important!"

He went on: "Tell him (referring to my friend I was talking to) that his Tasu'a is all a lie. How do you say 'lie' in English?" I told him the word "lie," but thanks God he didn't believe my translation to be accurate. I then slipped away to a place away from his visibility and gestured to my friend that this guy isn't worth wasting your time on.

Fast forward to yesterday: This guy just walks into the room I am standing in and says... out of nowhere, mind you... "I pee in the pure Islam of Mohammad." (In Farsi it is an expression to say "I pee in" this or that, as a way of condemning or insulting it).

I am having a lot of problems with this man and I would truly like to have his teeth lodged in my fist. I want bits of his teeth to be so deeply lodged in my fist that it touches a nerve and makes my arm paralyzed. I don't care. I can't stand this [gentleman].

All you had to do was ask me bro...i have lots of methods to make people quit their current job, willingly sign up at a mental institution, have an "accident" or simply dissapear/vanish. Just pm me and i'll give you a good 15 minute quick guide.

All you had to do was ask me bro...i have lots of methods to make people quit their current job, willingly sign up at a mental institution, have an "accident" or simply dissapear/vanish. Just pm me and i'll give you a good 15 minute quick guide.

You don't happen to have anything for a former employer who couldn't keep their word?  I thought about writing to the newspaper, but decided that I need to be more anonymous.  I don't know many people in this town and don't want to make enemies.  A bit of his own medicine might do him some good.

my head is gonna explose . 

tonight exam, 

tomorrow morning ,exam . 

After tomorow ,(saturday), another exam .

Tuesday : Exam in the morning , 2 papers due in the afternoon.

Thurday: big paper due .

exam

paper 

exam

paper

"A woman is a flower, NOT an administrator." - Imam Ali (A.S.) (Tuhaf-ul-Uqool, Maxims of Imam Ali (A.S.), pg. 96

Admin was underlined

From the signature of Ibrahim110. Happy birthday brother, where ever this life took you.

For those who know the brother, it is :lol

M3 Salamah, FE AMIN Allah

The pursuit of happiness is a complete farce.

Pursue justice and contentment will follow. Contentment > happiness.

Pursuing happiness will always be futile in the long run. It's selfish, therefore never satisfying.

Pursuing happiness will always be futile in the long run. It's selfish, therefore never satisfying.

Yeah, that's what I was alluding to but I'd like to add to it, if I may? 

Happiness is a transient emotion. Just like sadness. They are equal. One should not be valued over the other. They are, after all, natural reactive responses. Why did God put emotions like happiness and sadness in us, if not to equally find Him through them? We have the ability to do so through every single emotion we come across through the active channeling of these emotions in the right direction. 

Contentment is what must be. It's a perspective; a mindset. Insha'Allah we can all sustain it some day. 

^^ Hello,

I think "pursuing justice and contentment" is synonymous with happiness.

I see so many religious leaders who seem afraid to smile.  

And, yes Kamranistan, levels of happiness vary.  Some say it is hard to comprehend happiness if we have not experienced sadness.  And, I agree.  But, I do not agree they are equal.  Sadness comes from negative stimuli, happiness comes from positive.  The World needs more positive.

All the Best,

David

^^ Hello,

I think "pursuing justice and contentment" is synonymous with happiness.

I see so many religious leaders who seem afraid to smile.  

And, yes Kamranistan, levels of happiness vary.  Some say it is hard to comprehend happiness if we have not experienced sadness.  And, I agree.  But, I do not agree they are equal.  Sadness comes from negative stimuli, happiness comes from positive.  The World needs more positive.

All the Best,

David

I think the 'happiness' you are ascribing to justice is actually contentment. Though, I could be wrong of course. 

Well, sadness will always come over us David. We cannot help this. When we lose someone, a natural disaster strikes, we see pictures of unfathomable distress etc.. Equally happiness will always come over us. A baby is born, to feel loved by someone, to be placed with trust, to gain some comfort with wealth, purchasing a new material good etc.

I disagree. They are equal in my opinion. (anyway this is thoughts, not sure we should be spamming it lol (?))

Edited by Kamranistan

My favorite thread on SC: http://www.shiachat.com/forum/topic/234992108-pictures-of-various-ulamaa/

It rejuvenates my faith and heart when I look at their blessed faces. Just looking at these people truly shows you how true Islam is, especially the path of Muhammad A.S and His Ahlulbayt A.S

Contentment leads to happiness, ultimately. So if one is seeking happiness one should look for contentment first. Happiness without contentment is fleeting and shallow, only momentary, and like the excitement of sin, only lasts as long as a good cream pastry lasts, and then ennui sets in. And this - the ennui - is the most obstinate enemy of happiness.