wonderer

Thoughts (2010-2016) [ARCHIVE]

Rate this topic

6 minutes ago, IbnSina said:

You did not put laana after the name of muawiya(la), why?

Your problem is that you do not recognize who is here to debate and who is here to preach.

Not all people who wishes peace upon muawiya(la) are nasibis, but if you have been informed about the history and his character but still insist that he is pious then not only are you a fool but you are also one who holds hatred since you would see someone hateful like muawiya(la) as a pious person.

Understand that not everyone who opens a discussion are out to discuss, understand that not everyone who hears you will want to listen.

I don't and won't because the majority of sunni's revere him. I'll show you his crimes, but i am not going to give fodder for others to attack shia islam by. Instead of focusing on his crimes, they will emotionally rouse others and focus on me sending lanah. That would be tactically foolish. I will follow the guidance of the Imams a.s, and place the safety of their madhab first and foremost.

Yazid however, is fair game.

The issue is, even if someone has informed a sunni brother about the truth. They may not have been informed when their mind was ready to accept. It may not have been explained properly. There may be other factors obstructing them to accept reality. In any case, they are mistaken and ignorant to the truth, and if it is a conclusion more sinister, let Allah be the judge - at least when we are all online.

Abu Rumaysh loves the Ahlulbayt, and also their enemies. He does not love their enemies because he believes their enemies were the enemies we deem them to be. But because his history is not the same as ours, and even if we have the same histories in cases, his interpretation is not the same as ours.

Let's engage in an academic dialogue , and agree to disagree?

Edited by uponthesunnah

10 minutes ago, uponthesunnah said:

I don't and won't because the majority of sunni's revere him. I'll show you his crimes, but i am not going to give fodder for others to attack shia islam by. Instead of focusing on his crimes, they will emotionally rouse others and focus on me sending lanah. That would be tactically foolish. I will follow the guidance of the Imams a.s, and place the safety of their madhab first and foremost.

I think that not only do you not send him laana in public but I think that you do not do it in private either.

I am not afraid to speak truth, I will speak it and I will be very frank and direct. If they hate me for it, they have hated me for speaking truth. If they kill me for it, they have killed me for speaking truth.

13 minutes ago, uponthesunnah said:

Yazid however, is fair game.

By your logic, yazid(la) should not be sent laana either because many sunnis in their ignorance send him blessings. Now your telling me two things or you have not thought this thru. 

3 minutes ago, IbnSina said:

I think that not only do you not send him laana in public but I think that you do not do it in private either.

I am not afraid to speak truth, I will speak it and I will be very frank and direct. If they hate me for it, they have hated me for speaking truth. If they kill me for it, they have killed me for speaking truth.

By your logic, yazid(la) should not be sent laana either because many sunnis in their ignorance send him blessings. Now your telling me two things or you have not thought this thru. 

It is better not to make assumptions brother. If you got my hint, and have read what i have written on Muawiyah, you would know one would not have to be explicit.

Either way, my issue was not in performing Lanah on muawiyah. I have no right to stop anyone from doing it on here. I just think it's unhelpful to debate someone about a revered symbol of theirs, and then curse the symbol at the same time. Yazid is different because there is far less ikhtilaaf on him. Muawiyah is a little trickier.

It was on calling sunni's who are not converted based on a debate on shiachat as nasibi's. 

We can't expect people to convert over a debate on SC brother, and label them when they don't.

5 minutes ago, IbnSina said:

Brother, i don't want us to have grudges between us.

1 minute ago, uponthesunnah said:

We can't expect people to convert over a debate on SC brother

Then what exactly is holding you back from sending laana again?? 

And no, I am not holding a grudge against you but I have been observing you for some time and you are walking on the sharp side of a blade, tilt a little bit to each side and you will lose your balance.

5 minutes ago, IbnSina said:

Then what exactly is holding you back from sending laana again?? 

And no, I am not holding a grudge against you but I have been observing you for some time and you are walking on the sharp side of a blade, tilt a little bit to each side and you will lose your balance.

I would rather the debate centred on Muawiyahs crimes, than get derailed and turn violent because i performed lanah on the person i was debating's revered figure.  You can openly perform Lanah, i won't stop you, but i know full well the consequences on our madhab by doing so.

My issue was not you sending lanah upon muawiyah - but it was on calling a sunni user a nasibi because he failed to convert on his position over a shia-chat debate. 

Edited by uponthesunnah

8 hours ago, E.L King said:

I heard they taste like shrimp. Is that true?

And what parts are suitable to be eaten? The entire body?

You eat the whole thing. These things are farm raised.

They do not taste like shrimp. The ones l had you could only taste the sweetened soy sauce and herbs.