• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,812 posts
  • Religion:Muslim
  • Interests:Worshipping the Beloved.

Posted 14 March 2010 - 02:05 PM

In His Name, the Most High
Salam

A couple of days ago I was thinking about all the old online friend I’ve had throughout the years when I spent more time on the international Islamic forums (mainly ShiaChat) and I really missed them and wanted to re-establish some sort of connection with them. However since I've moved focus to the Swedish community and write mainly in Swedish these days it has been hard to be active elsewhere. Some weeks ago I started a podcast in Swedish consisting of memoirs where I document my reflections and thoughts when driving to work about life, the world, society, Islam and everything else I find interesting. Instead of letting the thoughts flow on the inside I let them out so I personally may reach a greater insight as well as other might draw benefit, be touched and reach a deeper insight.

I decide that it would be a golden opportunity to get in touch you guys once again if I make an English version of the podcast as well, an idea which has now been realized. Read more about the background info on this blog post:

Posted Image
http://www.ehsan.me/...-head-of-ehsan/

The first episode will be out on Tuesday (on my blog) so stay tuned! :)

Please keep in mind that all episodes are recorded completely spontaneously without any preparations. The choice of words could thus sometimes be repetitive, sometimes the tone of speech could be boring, sometimes it is a bit chaotic, especially considering that English is my 4th language. I don’t know how the result will be and I don’t rein the horse of tongue but let it run freely in the meadow of my thoughts.

Salam
Ehsan

Edited by Ehsan, 14 March 2010 - 02:16 PM.

#2 Ehsan

Ehsan

My Lord, Stand by my side

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,812 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 08:15 AM

Salam

First episode is out!

Episode 1: Introduction
http://www.ehsan.me/...1-introduction/

Salam
Ehsan

#3 Gypsy

Gypsy

Hal Min Nasirin Yansurna

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,492 posts
  • Interests:Exposing hypocrisy and double standards.

Posted 16 March 2010 - 07:37 PM

(salam)
I listened till the end. The pod cast was very nice, very thoughtful and very honest. Thank you. I understand when you said all of us have only few hours after work and it must be used preciously. If possible, please do keep your pod cast in English. I am fairly certain they will be many people who will be tuning in to listen to your pod cast regularly.

I know what you mean by nostalgic feeling about ShiaChat. Where you on the original/old Ahlul Bayt Discussion forum circa 2000-2002? I know exactly the nostalgic feeling that you are describing. It is a sign that we are getting older. A little bit sad that so many people have gone off. :( I wish we can have a big reunion here and bring everyone back here, even if it is for a day.

When you were a regular here, the poetry forum was your domain. In fact, I remember few of you guys who kept on bugging us to create a poetry forum. Your poetry was very creative (and very controversial. I noticed that somewhere between 2003-2005, you stopped posting your poetry on SC. But like you said, you had your full life ahead of you and the Swedish community needed you.

It is so nice to see you again Br Ehsan. Hope you can stay with us longer. And please keep recording your pod cast.

#4 Ehsan

Ehsan

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,812 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 05:36 AM

In His Name, the Most high
Salam

Thank you for your words sister Zareen. Please do continue with your feedback and comments, it will help me know if it's appreciated or useless and it will also affect the content of the episodes.

I have in mind to continue with the English podcast in parallels with the Swedish one, at least for a season and see the response from the audience. I'm not very fond of starting project without giving them a try or go - and it usually takes a while until something becomes successful, so it's not that easy to make me quit.

The current pace will be a new (English) epsiode every Tuesday and Thursday.

I joined ShiaChat October 2002 and was active until around that time when I stopped posting my poetry here and started focusing on the Swedish community instead. Yeah, it was quite a revolution in those days when I with my very controversial writing, strong will and some amount of youthful stubbornness convinced you admins to open up the poetry forum for me. MashaAllah now that I see how the brothers and sisters are writing such excellent poetry I became happy that I was a part of it being possible on ShiaChat. :)

A reunion sounds nice actually, but practically it might be a bit hard considering different timezones and besides, what are you going to write about in one day? But sure if it happens I'm definitely on inshaAllah. ^_^

Salam
Ehsan

#5 Ehsan

Ehsan

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,812 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 03:12 AM

Salam

Second episode is out!

Episode 2: Passion
http://www.ehsan.me/...sode-2-passion/

Salam
Ehsan

#6 Ehsan

Ehsan

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,812 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 04:21 AM

Salam

Third episode is out!

Episode 3: Taking life for granted
Life is beautiful and full of surprises. Every moment is a miracle, so why take it for granted?

http://www.ehsan.me/...fe-for-granted/

Salam
Ehsan

#7 Ehsan

Ehsan

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,812 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 07:45 AM

Salam

4:thepisode is out!

Episode 4: Shaking hands
Analyzing the Islamic stance on interacting with the opposite sex.

http://www.ehsan.me/...-shaking-hands/

Salam
Ehsan

#8 Ehsan

Ehsan

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,812 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 10:07 AM

in His Name, the Most High,
Salam

I noticed something quite surprising yesterday when I was roaming around on the podcast section of iTunes. I saw that my two podcasts "In the head of Ehsan" (English version) and "I huvudet på Ehsan" (Swedish version) where doing very well on the top lists over podcasts! :D

Under the "Islam" subcatebory of "Religion & Spirituality" the English version of my podcast is currently ranked in 2:nd place!!
There are other ways I've been featured on iTunes as well. Take a look at my blog post for screenshots:

http://www.ehsan.me/...itunes-toplist/

Praise be to Allah! This was truly a magnificent surprise. I never knew the podcasts where doing so well and where so popular! Please do leave a good rating on iTunes for both podcasts so they might hit higher! Thanks for your support all listeners! :)

Salam
Ehsan

#9 Gypsy

Gypsy

Hal Min Nasirin Yansurna

• Advanced Members
  • 23,492 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 10:18 PM

(salam)
Congratulations. Very nice.

#10 Ehsan

Ehsan

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,812 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 04:18 AM

Salam

5:th episode is out!

Episode 5: For the sake of God
The most beautiful think a human can do is to do it for the sake of God.

http://www.ehsan.me/...he-sake-of-god/

Salam
Ehsan

#11 Ehsan

Ehsan

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,812 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 02:23 AM

Salam

New episode out!

Episode 6: Rolemodels
Reflecting on the lack of Islamic rolemodels in society and the glorification of mere speakers (who may speak good but are not any true rolemodels).

http://www.ehsan.me/...e-6-rolemodels/

Salam
Ehsan

#12 Calm

Calm

Tranquility..

• Mods
  • 1,048 posts
  • Interests:To gain and to share useful knowledge.

Posted 01 April 2010 - 03:30 AM

The podcast is an excellent idea, what a creative way to use your driving minutes serving Islam! You're so brave to think out loud and let the public, everyone, anyone hear it.

May God reward you for your effort and sincerity. Keep the episodes coming.

#13 Ehsan

Ehsan

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,812 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 04:22 AM

Salam

@Calm

Thanks for your kind words sister. I do have a complexity when it comes to time, I want to use it as effectively as possible - and well driving 40 min to work and 40 min back is a lot of time which could be used in a better way if you think about it. :)

At the same time on the other hand we must learn to be able to do nothing as well, because that nothingness and emptiness will charge our batteries and make us relax so we have the energy to continue the battle. Perhaps I'll make an episode about that, doing nothing contra using your time effectively. :rolleyes:

Regarding thinking out aloud, yes it does become a bit personal at time. Especially since I'm not prepared it could happen I say things which not everyone might like or perhaps might misunderstand. But at the same time its my thoughts and everyone is welcome to criticize and discuss them. Your process of thinking isn't necessarily your stance and opinion in a given question. Often it's just your thoughts playing a riddle with your mind. ^_^

Salam
Ehsan

Edited by Ehsan, 01 April 2010 - 04:25 AM.

#14 Ehsan

Ehsan

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,812 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 04:25 AM

Salam

New episode out!

Episode 7: The caricatures of the Prophet(S)
Exposing the hypocrisy behind the caricatures of the Prophet(S).

http://www.ehsan.me/...f-the-prophets/

Salam
Ehsan

#15 Ehsan

Ehsan

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,812 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 02:19 AM

Salam

New episode out!

Episode 8: BitTorrent and poverty
Drawing a lesson of humanity from the BitTorrent technology and brainstorming about a new system to lessen poverty.

http://www.ehsan.me/...nt-and-poverty/

Salam
Ehsan

#16 Gypsy

Gypsy

Hal Min Nasirin Yansurna

• Advanced Members
  • 23,492 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 05:43 PM

(salam)
Bro Ehsan,
I enjoyed listening to your latest pod cast about the inner working of the bit-torrent network and the lesson we can all learn from it. This one is very interesting because it is technical, related to the current environment and convincing arguments why this approach works and why it should be adopted by more people.

#17 Ehsan

Ehsan

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,812 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 01:46 AM

Salam

Thanks for the comment sister Zareen. It was just some brainstorming of mine but it could become quite a successful organization if someone has the money and power to implement it. :)

New episode out!

Episode 9: The concept of knowledge
What is the Islamic concept of knowledge? Is there a difference between the Islamic ”‘ilm” and the Western ”knowledge”? What is the difference? And what parallells could be drawn to the current situation of our communities?

http://www.ehsan.me/...t-of-knowledge/

Salam
Ehsan

#18 Ehsan

Ehsan

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,812 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 04:32 AM

Salam

New episode out!

Episode 10: Facebook
Facebook has changed our lives. It reveals a lot of who we really are instead of who we predent or seem to be on various forums. Is it really good?

http://www.ehsan.me/...de-10-facebook/

Salam
Ehsan

#19 Ehsan

Ehsan

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,812 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 04:56 PM

Salam

A Facebook page has been opened for those who are interested to join and be notified when a new episode is out. It can be found here:
http://www.facebook....116327491738575

Salam
Ehsan

#20 Ehsan

Ehsan

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,812 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 11:03 AM

Salam

New episode out!

Episode 11: The man who changed the world
What difference can I make in the world?

http://www.ehsan.me/...nged-the-world/

Salam
Ehsan

#21 Ehsan

Ehsan

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,812 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 03:26 AM

Salam

New episode out!

Episode 12: Death Note
A review of the most intellectually stimulating series I've ever seen.

http://www.ehsan.me/...-12-death-note/

Salam
Ehsan

#22 Ehsan

Ehsan

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,812 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 04:42 AM

Salam

New episode out!

Episode 13: Twin Souls and Soul Mates
What is the Islamic view on twin souls and soul mates?

http://www.ehsan.me/...and-soul-mates/

Salam
Ehsan

#23 Ehsan

Ehsan

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,812 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 05:09 AM

Salam

New episode out!

Episode 14: New Start and Mokhtar
Season 2: A new start of the podcast and Mokhtar’s awakening of the Ummah.

http://www.ehsan.me/...rt-and-mokhtar/

Salam
Ehsan

#24 Gypsy

Gypsy

Hal Min Nasirin Yansurna

• Advanced Members
  • 23,492 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 09:55 AM

(salam)

I have listened to your latest pod cast. Overall, I think it is interesting pod-cast but there are a number of things you said in this pod-cast that wouldn’t sit well with many people.

You said the situation of the occupied Iraq has worsened now compare to the time of Saddam. ….our Shia sisters being raped and prostituted due to the occupation and poverty. Men being humiliated in front of their women…and so on”

Then you said “It is worse now than in the time of Saddam and this is said by his opposition”.

And you also said some of them (Iraqi) says, “We don’t have a fatwa to resist the occupation.”

And you said, “If you love Mukhtar and you want to be like Mukhtar and if you have learn something from Mukhtar then you don’t need a fatwa to do this. Because If the Ulamas and the marajas noticed biddah coming out in the society it is their responsibility to say no, don’t do this, stop, it is dangerous. But they haven’t done. Why haven’t they done so? Because this is something you don’t need a fatwa to do. “

Then you continued with discussing the Iraqi political game. And you made an example for a call of Jihad and conclude by saying that we do not need fatwa for everything and that is the lesson we should take from Mukhtar.

- What fatwa are you seeking here? Fatwa to wage jihad? We are not wahhabis you know. We don’t wage a blind war. The marajas have provided enough fatwa so people are aware that it is the responsibility of the people to vote and find a way to administer their own country. At the end of the day, what matters is running a government and not blindly committing act of terror.

- You only focused on the negative news coming out from Iraq and not positive. How about mentioning that millions of Shias are now able to visit and perform mourning ceremony in Karbala on large scale. Another 14 millions Azadaris are expected in Karbala on Arbaen.

- You also didn’t mention all the terrorism committed by the wahhabis such as suicide bombing and blowing up market places.

#25 Ehsan

Ehsan

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,812 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 07:14 AM

Salam

Thank you for your criticism sister Zareen. Please allow me to comment on them.

What fatwa are you seeking here? Fatwa to wage jihad? We are not wahhabis you know. We don’t wage a blind war.

I'm not seeking any fatwa. On the contrary I don't need a fatwa which commands me to do something, I try doing it before a fatwa is even needed. However there are some who need fatawi for everything otherwise they won't make a move. It is those who seek fatawi for what is already obvious - namely resisting the occupation.

Tell me sister, what do you know of war and strategy that you boldly stamp a resistance against the oocupation of Iraq as a "blind" war? We have experienced leaders of war who know how to deal with the situation but we don't have the men and soldiers to carry it out.

Please ponder upon Imam Ali's(A) "Khotbat al-Jihad" (Sermon 27) in "Nahjul Balagha":

How strange! How strange! By Allah my heart sinks to see the unity of these people on their wrong and your dispersion from your right. Woe and grief befall you. You have become the target at which arrows are shot. You are being killed and you do not kill. You are being attacked but you do not attack. Allah is being disobeyed and you remain agreeable to it.

When I ask you to move against them in summer you say it is hot weather. Spare us till heat subsides from us. When I order you to march in winter you say it is severely cold; give us time till cold clears from us. These are just excuses for evading heat and cold because if you run away from heat and cold, you would be, by Allah, running away (in a greater degree) from sword (war).

O' you semblance of men, not men, your intelligence is that of children and your wit is that of the occupants of the curtained canopies (women kept in seclusion from the outside world). I wish I had not seen you nor known you.

SobhanAllah!

The marajas have provided enough fatwa so people are aware that it is the responsibility of the people to vote and find a way to administer their own country. At the end of the day, what matters is running a government and not blindly committing act of terror.

Before the Maraje of Najaf encouraged people the vote the Maraje of Qom spoke of resistance. Imam Khamenei spoke of it many times, so did other Senior Ulema and high rankging politicians and strategists. The Maraje of Najaf even drew a red line around Karbala and Najaf and threatened the occupation forces. But as I mentioned earlier a commander without anyone to carry out his orders can't do much. This is what the loneliest commander Imam Hassan Mujtaba(A) taught us.

- You only focused on the negative news coming out from Iraq and not positive. How about mentioning that millions of Shias are now able to visit and perform mourning ceremony in Karbala on large scale. Another 14 millions Azadaris are expected in Karbala on Arbaen.

I have dealt with this (secular) notion of yours in the next episode of the podcast. ;)

Anyhow as a short comment I must say that I don't find worship under passive slavery as anything positive. Such rituals doesn't live up to the soul of true worship namely to reach freedom on the exoteric social plane and the esoteric spiritual plane. When we are under the rule of tyrants - be they external occupation forces or internal idols and desires - we do not live within the boundaries of complete Tawhid. Worship aims to break all these shackles. Worship and prayer tries to liberate man by moving her beyond the barriers of oppression.

A worship which is secular in its nature provides only individual harmony at its best, which actually is kind of selfish. In fact the occupants even encourage this kind of worship because while we are busy making "peaceful" Ziyarah they are raping and exploiting our nation! Observing Christianity in the secular West shows this. In the USA hoards of people go to the Church on the Sunday and return to their sins on Monday. Honestly, what use is such a worship except some personal psychological relief? :)

- You also didn’t mention all the terrorism committed by the wahhabis such as suicide bombing and blowing up market places.

It is we who make the Wahabiyya big by mentioning them all the time. Why should I mention them? They have their ideology and sacrifice their blood for this [deviated] ideology while I have a best and truest of ideologies yet I don't even lift a finger for this ideology! Let me once again quote Imam Ali's(A) "Khotba al-Jihad" in Nahjul Balagha:

How strange! How strange! By God my heart sinks to see the unity of these people on their wrong and your dispersion from on the right!

What timeless words the Imam(A) has uttered!

Salam
Ehsan

Edited by Ehsan, 26 January 2011 - 07:21 AM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users