Sign in to follow this  
khuram

Kho Gaeay Sab Kahan ? Urdu Forum Walay

It is really sad to see this situation of Urdu section.

I suggest two immediate steps :

1) More new members should join this forum.....for that we can invite our friends here by sending them links of a few important threads.

2) Urdu poetry section should be merged with main Urdu section as it was before .

wassalam

If it were an already happening place like it was a few years ago, I'm sure new members would have joined in and stayed but seeing how this place is almost dead, inviting new members from physical or electronic lives (esp those unaware of this website) is unlikely to work.

People will have to come by themselves and stick around for longer periods of time to revive this place. It'd be good if a dozen or so old members came back, which is also unlikely.

Oh and when the Urdu poetry was separated from the main forum, I naively supported it, thinking the good poetry/literature threads will have a dedicated place of their own, unlike any other sub-forum. I am not sure how much this division contributed to the demise of this subforum, but it has only gone down ever since.

Ws

If it were an already happening place like it was a few years ago, I'm sure new members would have joined in and stayed but seeing how this place is almost dead, inviting new members from physical or electronic lives (esp those unaware of this website) is unlikely to work.

People will have to come by themselves and stick around for longer periods of time to revive this place. It'd be good if a dozen or so old members came back, which is also unlikely.

Oh and when the Urdu poetry was separated from the main forum, I naively supported it, thinking the good poetry/literature threads will have a dedicated place of their own, unlike any other sub-forum. I am not sure how much this division contributed to the demise of this subforum, but it has only gone down ever since.

Ws

Dear Marble,

What you said appears to be correct .We need to give more time .

However , there is a chance that among the new visitors ,a few (may be one or two or more ) may  turn out to be an active  member.  And with the  help of old members ,some activity can be started.

Regarding , Urdu poetry section .....the idea was good to have a separate section and as a poet it was beneficial  for me  but  still I think it has been at the cost of Main Urdu section.

For example , since separation, many a times , I myself have visited to Poetry section and came out without looking at main Urdu section.

When it was a common section while reading poetic contributions, I was compelled to read a few more topics and react to that...........this process has stopped now.

My visit to main Urdu section is very rare.

Such might be the case with a few other members also.

We can give unification  a try  by re-uniting the poetry section.

wassalam