8 replies to this topic

#1 Ya Ali madat

Ya Ali madat
  • Basic Members
  • 3 posts
  • Religion:ISLAM

Posted 03 January 2010 - 08:50 AM

Salaam Broters and Sisters

A few days ago I was watching tv, a majlis in english to be precise. In this Majalis I heared the something on the lines of Hazrat Ali Akbar had connections to both armies (bannu hashmi and bannu maya) in Karbala through Bibi Umme Laila. I think he said it was through her father and also through her uncle. HAzrat ALi akbar had to coose between the the 2 side and (I wasnt suprised to hear) he stuck to the right side, the side of Islam and fiarness. Please can someone help back this theory and tell me wether there is any concrete evidence to this. At first I dismissed such claims when I found them under hateful anti Shia posts on you tube but hearing something on the same lines off one of our own and pretty well clued up preachers really got me thinking.

thanks

#2 ~RuQaYaH~

~RuQaYaH~

Alhamdulilah ala niamat al Islam

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,831 posts
  • Interests:Islam, politics, history, soccer, philosophy, law

Posted 03 January 2010 - 08:58 AM

Salam,
I thought it was hadhrat abbas (as) that was also related to the bani umayya? I think Shimr (la) was his cousin or something......haven't heard anything about ali akbar (as)??? :unsure: Regardless, I don't see what the big deal is. They each chose and fought in the way of truth.

wasalaam

Edited by ~RuQaYaH~, 03 January 2010 - 09:01 AM.

#3 A follower

A follower

-Unregistered-

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,443 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 10:45 AM

Ali un Akbar the son of Imam Husayn [a] was from Umm Layla who was the daughter of Maimuna who was related to Abu Sufyan.

#4 Basim Ali

Basim Ali

Unity - in all walks of life

• Mods
  • 4,679 posts
  • Interests:Servitude of my Lord and the closest ones to Him

Posted 03 January 2010 - 11:39 AM

(salam),
^So Maimuna was the wife of Abi Murrah bin Urwah bin Mas'ood Saqafi (ra) ?

wa (salam),
Basim Ali Jafri

Edited by Basim Ali, 03 January 2010 - 11:56 AM.

#5 A follower

A follower

-Unregistered-

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,443 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 12:10 PM

^ I would assume so, unfortunately the book where I read this is no longer in my possession but if you want I can verify it.

#6 Basim Ali

Basim Ali

Unity - in all walks of life

• Mods
  • 4,679 posts
  • Interests:Servitude of my Lord and the closest ones to Him

Posted 03 January 2010 - 04:31 PM

(salam),
^ Do please if you can. I would be really grateful. :)
Would you also, by any chance, happen to know if Hani ibn Urwah (a martyr at Karbala) was the paternal uncle of Lady Umm Layla? ... or was this 'Urwah' somebody else....? It would be interesting to know. :)

wa (salam),
Basim Ali Jafri

#7 muslim_too

muslim_too
  • Basic Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 07:24 PM

ive heard in English that shezadha Ali Akbar(a.s) was related because after the matyrs bodies were left on the khak of kerbala the yezidee(la) wanted to run the bodies over with horses h abbas(a.s) shezadha ali akbar(a.s) bodies were left untouched because they did have relatives on army of yazid.
however relation is always through father unless you r The Prophet (s.a.w.s) then it through his daughter(s.a.w)

#8 Muhammed Ali

Muhammed Ali

• Mods
  • 5,661 posts
  • Interests:Allah

Posted 04 January 2010 - 11:19 AM

you may have been listening to this:

#9 Akbar673

Akbar673

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts
  • Religion:12er Ithna Asheri Shia

Posted 21 January 2010 - 11:54 AM

I have a vague memory of hearing someone mention that after Imam Husain (as) the one person next on their list that they absolutely had to kill was Hz. Ali Akbar because he also had a claim to the Caliphate through his mother as well as through his holy father.. Unfortunately, I don't remember the full details as to why but clearly Umm Laila came from a family that could claim the Caliphate.

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users