G42 8DP

Tel: 0141 423 3836

Fax: 0141 423 3836

SHIA ASNA ASHRI ISLAMIC CENTRE

Address: 19 Ashley Street

Glasgow

G3 6DR

Tel: 0141 332 9639

I think there are two Shia Islamic centres in Glasgow. One is run by Arab Iraqis and the other has Pakistani ethnic composition. Here is the one I used to visit. It is called a simple "Shia Ithna Asheri Islamic Centre." The postal address is:

19 Ashley Street

Glasgow

G3 6DR

The centre has no 'proper' building. A section of the residence is reserved for Islamic activities especially in Ramadan and Muharram. You can easily find the place as there is a a black standard 'alam fixed on top of the roof. All Shia, Arabs, Iranians, Pakistanis etc, gather at this centre during Ramadan. The main Muharram procession on Ashura also starts and ends here.

How to find it:

The nearest underground station is "St. Georges Cross". It's 3 minutes walk from the tube station. The centre is just off St. Georges Road which cuts the famous Great Western Road in Glasgow West End. There is a Shell petrol station just opposite the centre. Google maps will answer the rest. :D

Edit: A follower. Oops - you beat me LOL. But your have more info.

Edited by Marbles

I can confirm that below two places are covered by majority of people from pakistan.

AL- HUDA ISLAMIC CENTRE

Address: 65 Albert Road

Cross Hill

Glasgow

G42 8DP

Tel: 0141 423 3836

Fax: 0141 423 3836

SHIA ASNA ASHRI ISLAMIC CENTRE

Address: 19 Ashley Street

Glasgow

G3 6DR

Tel: 0141 332 9639

There are classes currently being run on Friday evening at woodside place. Suitable for all levels and ages and everyone is most welcome. pm for details about this and details of other events/social gatherings organised from the same location.

Could you kindly let me know what time on friday these classes are running. thanks[/i]

Salam,

Can you give more details about what kind of classes these are/times etc?

Also what other programmes do the Ahl Al Bait society have on a regular basis? (dua kumail? etc)

Many Thanks!

I think it is better to contact with Imambargah directly. Their management team will give you better idea about classes and also any other question which you may have.

Salaams Shia revert,I have just moved to Glasgow myself and I'm looking for Shia sisters to meet as I am new to the city, and also trying to find a Shia mosque which caters for women - Would be good to be in contact, you can e-mail me on si.786110.si@gmail.com. Speak soon inshallah :-)

Salam Brothers,

can anybody tell me if the meat products in Tesco from SHAZAN are Halal or not?

Many of the Halal Restaurants writing Halal, is it real or not need to be asked.

Do anybody knows which restaurants have real Halal food?

Edited by ENG IH