Sign in to follow this  
Rohani

Need some help with a few words

(salam)

I need some help finding words that sound similar to these mentioned below and their meaning, as i am still learning arabic

1: Hayawn or hayawan

2: Scarege

3: nech

4: Auuu Akh

5: and is Aimam the same as imam

6: Ha

7: khumba

any help i would appreciate jazaka allahu khair :)

(wasalam)

Edited by theunknownpreacher

You mean Classic Arabic?

Some words sound familiar, but where did you get them?

(salam)

yes classic arabic will work. and well i have heard them somewhere on a project or translation i am working on. so if you hear any that sound similar that i mentioned i would very much so appreciate some definitions to them and jazaka allahu khair for your help

(wasalam)

Guest Sundown

1. Hayawn or hayawan? Hayawan means animal.

2. Scarege? No "c" or "g" in Classic Arabic. Unless you mean "q" and "gh" as in qareeb and ghareeb.

3. nech? No "ch" in Classic Arabic.

4. Auuu Akh? I know Akh means brother.

5. and is Aimam the same as imam? No.

6. Ha? You mean letter haa'?

7. khumba? It doesn't sound Arabic.

I think it helps to know most Arabic words have trilateral roots as in:

SLM > salaam, saalim, islaam, silm, muslim, saleem, aslama, istaslama, sallama.

KTB > kitaab, kaatib, maktabah, maktoob, kataba, istaktaba, kaataba.

As you can see all root letters are visible in each word though it's not always the case. Usually when you know one word and its root, it's easy to guess the meaning of another word having the same root.

I do not advice you to understand these words.

(salam)

And why is that?

(wasalam)

Edited by theunknownpreacher

On 11/7/2009 at 10:57 AM, Rohani said:

I need some help finding words that sound similar to these mentioned below and their meaning, as i am still learning arabic

1: Hayawn or hayawan

:) Salamun Alaikum brother, 

It appears that you & I are looking for the meaning of same word.

If you know what is meant by "Al-hayawan" do share that with me please. I am searching the difference between words "Al-hayat" & "Al-hayawan" to properly understand the following verse:

Surah Al-Ankaboot, Verse 64:

وَمَا هَٰذِهِ الْحَيَاةُ الدُّنْيَا إِلَّا لَهْوٌ وَلَعِبٌ وَإِنَّ الدَّارَ الْآخِرَةَ لَهِيَ الْحَيَوَانُ لَوْ كَانُوا يَعْلَمُونَ

And this life of the world is nothing but a sport and a play; and as for the next abode, that most surely is the life-- did they but know!

(English - Shakir)

11 hours ago, Salsabeel said:

:) Salamun Alaikum brother, 

It appears that you & I are looking for the meaning of same word.

If you know what is meant by "Al-hayawan" do share that with me please. I am searching the difference between words "Al-hayat" & "Al-hayawan" to properly understand the following verse:

Surah Al-Ankaboot, Verse 64:

وَمَا هَٰذِهِ الْحَيَاةُ الدُّنْيَا إِلَّا لَهْوٌ وَلَعِبٌ وَإِنَّ الدَّارَ الْآخِرَةَ لَهِيَ الْحَيَوَانُ لَوْ كَانُوا يَعْلَمُونَ

And this life of the world is nothing but a sport and a play; and as for the next abode, that most surely is the life-- did they but know!

(English - Shakir)

One of the meanings of the word Alhayawan is related to the life that is permanent and immortal while Alhayat is a life that can be ended by any means of causes . This shows the difference between this world and the hereafter in respect to its validity  . From another side , if you look at the music of the word Hayawan you will find a great and long sound which reflects the meaning of comfort ,tranquility and eternity while Alhayat has short and fast sound from the other side .

i hope it is useful .