4 replies to this topic

#1 Inayatasad

Inayatasad

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 168 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 04:55 AM

(salam) ,
Can someone plz tell me if we are suppose to say Bismillah loudly during 3rd and 4th rakat of Salat?
Till now i was reciting it loudly and the sura following it quitely in 3rd and 4 rakat, but i noticed that imam of mosque was reciting even bismillah quitly in 3rd and 4th rakat of Asr salat, now i'm not sure what is the right thing to do.

Kindly drop a line

wa-salam

#2 yahossein

yahossein

• Advanced Members
  • PipPip
  • 536 posts
  • Interests:Not much

Posted 02 November 2009 - 05:08 AM

(salam) ,
Can someone plz tell me if we are suppose to say Bismillah loudly during 3rd and 4th rakat of Salat?
Till now i was reciting it loudly and the sura following it quitely in 3rd and 4 rakat, but i noticed that imam of mosque was reciting even bismillah quitly in 3rd and 4th rakat of Asr salat, now i'm not sure what is the right thing to do.

Kindly drop a line

wa-salam

(bismillah)
(salam)

No we should not recite anything loudly in 3rd and 4th rakat.

1026. It is Mustahab that in the first Rak'at one should say A'uzubillahi Minash shaytanir Rajim before reciting Surah al-Hamd, and in the first and second Rak'ats of Zuhr and Asr prayers one should say Bismillah loudly. It is Mustahab also to recite Surah al-Hamd and other Surah distinctly, with a pause at the end of every verse i.e. not joining it with the next verse, and while reciting Surah al-Hamd and Surah, one should pay attention to the meanings of each verse. And it is Mustahab to say, Alhamdulillahi Rabbil 'Alamin after the completion of Surah al-Hamd by the Imam in the congregation, and by himself, if he is praying alone. And after reciting Surah Qul huwallahu Ahad he should say, "Kazalikallahu Rabbi" once, twice or three times or "Kazalikallahu Rabbuna" three times. Similarly, it is Mustahab to pause a little after reciting the Surah, then say Takbir, before going to Ruku or reciting Qunut.

1004. * If a person intentionally prays loudly where he should pray silently, and vice versa, his prayer is void. But, if, he does so owing to forgetfulness, or not knowing the rule, his prayer is in order. And if he realises that he is doing a mistake while reciting the Surah al-Hamd and the other Surah, it is not necessary to recite again what he has recited not following the rule.

Personaly i dont recite bismilllah loudly anyway. But you should not say it loud in 3rd and 4th rakat according to seestani anyway. Dont worry the only time someones prayer like that would be void is if you knew the rule about reciting silently and you were purposely deciding to breakit coz you were being evil :lol:

In this case though no probs but recite everything silently in 3rd and 4th rakat all the time. Again according to seestani. Im not sure bout others.

Edited by yahossein, 02 November 2009 - 05:09 AM.

#3 Your-Best-Friend

Your-Best-Friend

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,763 posts
  • Interests:Religious Books and Visiting Families & Friends

Posted 02 November 2009 - 05:14 AM

Posted Image ,

Kindly drop a line

wa-salam

In 3rd/4th Rakat, we are reciting 3 times "Subhanallahi Wa Hamdulillahi Wa La Ilaha Illal Ho Wallahu Akbar" instead of any Sura, quitely, so Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem is not required. Otherwise if you recite any Sura than Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem is required to be recite loudly.

#4 MAFHJ

MAFHJ

Ya Zahraa'

• Chat Mod
  • 308 posts
  • Religion:Ahlulbayt School of Thought: Shia

Posted 02 November 2009 - 09:13 AM

Salaam,
From Sayed Sistani's website:

1017. If a person recites Surah al-Hamd in the third and fourth Rak'ats, it is not obligatory for him to recite its "Bismilla" silently, except in the case of one who is following in congregational prayers, for whom, as an obligatory precaution, it is necessary that "Bismillah" is recited silently.

1014. In the third and fourth Rak'ats of prayers, one may either read only Surah al-Hamd or Tasbihat Arba'ah - Subhanallahi wal hamdu lillahi wa la ilaha illal lahu wallahu Akbar which may be said once, although it is better that it should be said three times. It is also permissible to recite Surah al-Hamd in one Rak'at, and Tasbihat Arba'ah in the other, but it is better to recite Tasbihat in both.
So you can recite it loudly or silently,

I recommend for those who post please show reference to their sources, because this could lead to false information to the person asking the questions, also try to explore the whole page when reading the fatwa and not just pick out any fatwa you see first and suitable, there might be other and more suitable answers on that page.

Sorry
Thank you

Allah knows best

#5 lotfilms

lotfilms

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,676 posts
  • Religion:Islam

Posted 02 November 2009 - 12:31 PM

(bismillah)
(salam)

(salam) ,

Kindly drop a line

wa-salam

It's because you go to a Sunni mosque.

They say Surah Fatiha instead of tasbih (subhanallah wal ahmdulillah wa la ilaha illah Allah wa allahu akbar, etc) in the 3rd and 4th rakats

They ONLY say Surah Fatiha, not any other Surah. When you are reciting a prayer quietly (like in dhur, asr, and the 3rd rakat of dhur and the 3rd&4th of isha), it is ok to say bismillah quietly. You can say it out loud or quietly. But if you say it out loud, you have to make sure your voice can't be heard by the imam.
http://www.tashayyu....-imam-in-jamaat

It is permissible to recite either the tasbih or Surah Fatiha:
http://www.shiachat....ost__p__1638412

wa salam

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users