Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FatimaZahra

Mothers of the 12 imams

8 posts in this topic

Salaam,

I am wondering about the mothers of each imam (i already know stuff about narjis and fatima zahra (s.a) and aside from those two mothers, i was wondering about the lives of the other ones, on 14five.com when you click each masoom they have the mother and father of each one on there, anyone have information on any of them?

Thank you for sharing the site.

I did'nt even knew their names.

Salaam,

I am wondering about the mothers of each imam (i already know stuff about narjis and fatima zahra (s.a) and aside from those two mothers, i was wondering about the lives of the other ones, on 14five.com when you click each masoom they have the mother and father of each one on there, anyone have information on any of them?

I was reading a few days ago about the mother of Imam Mussa Al-Kathim (as), Hamidah Khatoon. According to the website I was reading from, Imam Jaafar AlSadiq bought her when she was a slave, freed her, married her and taught her Islam's teachings . It it said she was African descendant(some say she was Roman). She was very clever. After marrying Imam AlSadiq, who was a husband a teacher to her, she became a Fiqh leader, she taught other women and they referred to her when they had questions.

The following is some information about her from another website different from the one I was reading from:

Imam Musa al-Kadhim (a.s.) inherited his father's Imamate and great stature. He is the seventh Imam of the Imams of the Ja'fari (twelve Imams) school of thought. His mother, Hamidah, was a freed slave-girl, who hailed from Andalus. It is said she was a Berber, or, as others maintain, a Roman, but she was most likely of an Andalusian extraction. She was nicknamed "Lu'lu'ah" (Pearl). Imam Muhammad al-Baqir bought her and presented her as a gift of his son al-Sadiq, who married her. She gave birth to Imam Musa bin Ja'far al-Kadhim (a.s.). Abu-Abdullah Ja'far al-Sadiq (a.s.) paid special attention to Hamidah's education. As a result she became a leading faqih. Imam al-Sadiq (a.s.) assigned her to educate women, and steer them to Islam's teachings, beliefs, and concepts.

The Mothers of the Infallibles (a):

1| Holy Prophet - Aaminah b. Wahhab [page 50]

2| Imam Ali - Fatimah b. Asad [page 109]

3| Lady Fatima - Khadija b. Khuwaylid [page 25]

4| Imam Hasan & Husayn - Fatima b. Mohammad

5| Imam Sajjad - Shahzanan

6| Imam Baqir - Fatima b. Hasan

7| Imam Sadiq - Umm Farwah

8| Imam Kadhim - Hamida

9| Imam Ridha - Taktum

10| Imam Hadi - Sabika [page 28]

11| Imam Naqi - Sumana [page 20]

12| Imam Askari - Haditha [page 16]

13| Imam Mahdi - Nargis

(salam)

was Umm Farwah the one who was related to Muhammad ibn abu bakr? or who was that?

and may Allah bless with peace upon Fatimah bint asad :) ameen

(wasalam)

Edited by theunknownpreacher

was Umm Farwah the one who was related to Muhammad ibn abu bakr?

Yes. She was the daughter of Qasim ibn Muhammad ibn Abi Bakr

The Mothers of the Infallibles (a):

1| Holy Prophet - Aaminah b. Wahhab [page 50]

2| Imam Ali - Fatimah b. Asad [page 109]

3| Lady Fatima - Khadija b. Khuwaylid [page 25]

4| Imam Hasan & Husayn - Fatima b. Mohammad

5| Imam Sajjad - Shahzanan

6| Imam Baqir - Fatima b. Hasan

7| Imam Sadiq - Umm Farwah

8| Imam Kadhim - Hamida

9| Imam Ridha - Taktum

10| Imam Hadi - Sabika [page 28]

11| Imam Naqi - Sumana [page 20]

12| Imam Askari - Haditha [page 16]

13| Imam Mahdi - Nargis

Thanks! I am surprised how noble narjis is, that the holy prophet (saw) said:

Abu Basir, a student of the school of Ahle Bayt says, "I asked Imam Sadiq (a.s), 'O Son of the Messenger of Allah (a.s)! Who is the Qaim among you Ahle Bayta' He replied: 'O Abu Basir! He is my fifth descendant from my son, Musa (a.s). He would be the son of the chief of the maidservants and the greatest of ladies. He would go into an occultation and the followers of falsehood would doubt in him. After that, the Almighty Allah would make him reappear, and conquer the east and west of the earth through his powerful hands.

But still of course Narjis isn't the greatest of ALL ladies, because we know that no one is equal to the four greatest

women, Fatima (s.a), Maryam (s.a), Asiya (s.a), and Khadija (s.a) :). Just saying so no one misunderstands me.