* * * * * 1 votes

the Hindu warriors who fought with Immam Hussiyan

13 replies to this topic

#1 dilishp

dilishp
  • Basic Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 09:58 AM

while reading through the article about Immam Hussaiyan I got these intresting news,As per Mohyal( a norh west group of hindu brahmins some of them known as husaiani brahmins ) folklore, a Mohyal of the Dutt clan had fought on behalf of Imam Hussain in the battle of Karbala, more specifically in the storming of Kufa- sacrificing his seven sons in the process. According to legend, Rahab Sidh Datt (also mentioned as Rahib Sidh or Sidh Viyog Datt in some versions) was the leader of a small band of career-soldiers living near Baghdad around the time of the battle of Karbala. The legend mentions the place where he stayed as Dair-al-Hindiya, meaning “The Indian Quarter”, which matches an Al-Hindiya in existence today. The Dutts have traditionally been referred to as Hussaini Brahminsý since times immemorial[15] Munshi Premchand’s novel ‘Karbala’ also mentions about Hindus fighting for the sake of Imam Hussain, and refers to them as descendants of Ashwatthama, who the Dutt clan considers as it of its ancestors. This legend occupies an important part in the Dutt clan’s oral history[16][17], and is considered a source of pride for them[18].

Zameer Hassan Kazmi, in his article "Imam Husain's Hindu Devotees" published in The Illustrated Weekly of India [19], documents sacrifices made by Hindus, particularly Dutt Brahmins, while fighting on the side of a descendant of Prophet Mohammad.

However, certain historians also believe that the seven persons who stepped forward to take up priesthood earlier had sent a representative each from their respective clans under the leadership of Rahib Sidh Dutt.

#2 rorolia

rorolia

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 86 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 10:45 PM

I have not seen he story in one of the authentic history narrations of Karbala.

#3 dilishp

dilishp
  • Basic Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 01:02 AM

pls check this link http://www.milligaze.../1605200441.htm

#4 kumail786

kumail786

The guy who wants to learn

• Advanced Members
  • PipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 02:09 AM

I have not seen he story in one of the authentic history narrations of Karbala.

weird huh? neither have i...

#5 Malek-e-Ashtar

Malek-e-Ashtar

Ya Muhammad (saww)

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 944 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 07:55 AM

Thats an oxymoron.

If they truely belived in Imam Hussain (as)'s cause why did they remain as hindus and especially their desendants now present in india?

Also would Imam Hussain (as) seek help from those who did not believe in one God>?

#6 iraqi_shia

iraqi_shia

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,060 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 01:51 PM

I dont think they exist, even if they do , I cant see how the Imam AS would allow someone who worships rats etc to fight and die for his cause.

#7 Charleslemartel

Charleslemartel

• Banned
  • 150 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 02:09 PM

I dont think they exist, even if they do , I cant see how the Imam AS would allow someone who worships rats etc to fight and die for his cause.

It is a fact that there are Hussaini Brahmins in India who believe that their ancestors fought or tried to help Imam Hussain in Karbala. In fact this bit of information brought me to this site. I first tried to confirm this story on the internet. I came across some articles, but they had no references. Being a person of skeptical frame of mind, I tried to confirm the same at the forum of FFI. I was told there that no historical records confirm such stories apart from the oral traditions of those Hindus.

#8 Guest_lionking_*

Guest_lionking_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 August 2009 - 04:38 PM

Amazing Logic ! Amazing ignorance!

I wonder if the Shia hatred of Hindus is greater than their hatred of Yazid.

Anyway, I think it was very stupid of Hindus to go save the behind of the good Imam.

Regards.

#9 iraqi_shia

iraqi_shia

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,060 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 05:17 PM

It is a fact that there are Hussaini Brahmins in India who believe that their ancestors fought or tried to help Imam Hussain in Karbala. In fact this bit of information brought me to this site. I first tried to confirm this story on the internet. I came across some articles, but they had no references. Being a person of skeptical frame of mind, I tried to confirm the same at the forum of FFI. I was told there that no historical records confirm such stories apart from the oral traditions of those Hindus.

Im sure there are hindus that believe that. However as you have mentioned there is no evidence.

It is also very unlikely that polytheist indian hindus would travel thousands of miles to help a fiercely monotheistic cause that they have not heard of. It is also amazingly unlikely that they happen to bump into the either group which traversed the desert for weeks. To believe in something this unlikely without any evidence at all is quite something.

#10 IloveImamHussain

IloveImamHussain

Iloveimamhussain

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,178 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 08:33 AM

pls check this link http://www.milligaze.../1605200441.htm

It is true that it is not recorded in Islamic history. But that does not necessarily mean it is untrue. Why would the Mohiyals invent this story ?

It is also very unlikely that polytheist indian hindus would travel thousands of miles to help a fiercely monotheistic cause that they have not heard of.

They do not say that they came to Iraq especially to fight for Imam Hussain. They just happened to be in the area at the time.

And monotheism or polytheism has nothing to do with it. Even today, there are Hindus with extreme love for the Ahlul Bayt. There are many poems in love of the Ahlul Bayt written by Hindus.

#11 Maula Dha Mallang

Maula Dha Mallang

Resident Wahabbi Vermin Slayer At Your Service

• Banned
  • 13,007 posts
  • Location:The Depths of Usoolis Worst Nightmares and Insecurities
  • Religion:my religion is nothing but love and hate in equal measure
  • Interests:Never break anyones heart
    your Rabb lives there

Posted 28 August 2009 - 10:06 AM

just because something wasnt written in hadith, doesnt make it false. heres a clue...why would hindu history be written in hadiths by arab muslims? widen your horizons you utter......khair, i have a roza.

is it not a fact that hindus were a part of hazrat mukhtar the avengers army? was imam zainul abideen (as) not aware of this? did he tell mukhtar to get rid of them?

#12 Mustafa

Mustafa

• Banned
  • 755 posts
  • Religion:Servitude to the most high

Posted 29 August 2009 - 07:17 AM

It is true that it is not recorded in Islamic history. But that does not necessarily mean it is untrue. Why would the Mohiyals invent this story ?

They do not say that they came to Iraq especially to fight for Imam Hussain. They just happened to be in the area at the time.

And monotheism or polytheism has nothing to do with it. Even today, there are Hindus with extreme love for the Ahlul Bayt. There are many poems in love of the Ahlul Bayt written by Hindus.

That is amazing.

#13 Ali Askari

Ali Askari

Allah as-Samad

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,695 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 05:32 PM

Bismillah,

There is no "hinduwarriors" in Karbala. There is only holy companions of Imam Husein (as) and dirty kufar fighting against Imam (as). The karbala was invitation only party, and nobody but chosen people where allowed to travel among Imam (as). Those where the best companions ever, most loyal, most faithfull and its bleshemy to say some of them are "hindus". No.

#14 SH4EVER

SH4EVER
  • Basic Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 06:13 PM

The indian mythology is full of stories .... I think this is one of their stories . However , I have known some Hindu and Seech (sirdar) beleive in Imam Hussain (as) and beleivr in the miracles of all Imams .

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users