- - -

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Muta'h Marriage for Ladies

54 replies to this topic

Poll: Muta'h Marriage (44 member(s) have cast votes)

For Ladies

1. Good (28 votes [59.57%])

Percentage of vote: 59.57%

2. Bad (19 votes [40.43%])

Percentage of vote: 40.43%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Ali Zara

Ali Zara

Timurid Al Kashmiri Al Hindi

• Banned
  • 464 posts
  • Religion:Shīatu Alī / Twelver Shi'ism !
  • Interests:Everything that has life ! :)

Posted 30 July 2009 - 01:09 PM

(bismillah) Salaamun Aliakum, How many ladies think muta'h marriage is bad? If no, then would you do it?

Edited by Ali Zara, 30 July 2009 - 01:10 PM.

#2 wayfarer.

wayfarer.

ashraful makhluqat

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,701 posts
  • Religion:submission to His will

Posted 30 July 2009 - 01:14 PM

*saves thread to favourites*

#3 Shaheen

Shaheen

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 94 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 01:18 PM

*saves thread to favourites*

Same here this has been a question burning in my head. Nice topic trailblazer.

#4 h_fatemah

h_fatemah
  • Basic Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 01:19 PM

Salaam Alaikum,

I don't think muta'h marriages are bad. However, there is always a few groups of people who will use it to their negative advantage and make it look bad. Only perform muta'h with someone who you KNOW you will perform nikaah with.

For example, no matter how many ahadith we quote to parents in our culture, getting married before finishing university and getting a job and standing on your own feet - is impossible! They are okay with an engagement (which has no basis in Islam!) but not with muta'h (which clearly does!). So do we remain namahram for the next 3 years? No! We lawfully perform muta'h so that we can be in each other's company, not for any other sexual purpose that some people think.

Wasalaam.

#5 phoenix

phoenix

THE snob

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,642 posts
  • Interests:liqa'-Allah

Posted 30 July 2009 - 01:23 PM

Salaam

If the female is a virgin and the intention is only a mut`ah without the understanding of it being turned into a nikaH, then yes, I personally do not approve of it. But then, unless and until you know what prompted them to involve themselves in the same, it would be better not to pass judgment.

Also, even if it is going to translate into a permanent marriage, the mut`ah had better be conditional - the clause being that what makes it makruh for a virgin to enter into a mut`ah, will not be entertained by the woman.

I am in a mut`ah currently.

Zahraa

Edited by phoenix, 30 July 2009 - 01:44 PM.

#6 wayfarer.

wayfarer.

ashraful makhluqat

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,701 posts
  • Religion:submission to His will

Posted 30 July 2009 - 01:39 PM

(salam)

Nice topic trailblazer.

You're welcome! however I do feel a tad guilty for usurping the credit for this!

Congratulations/mashallah way to go sis! May the temporary-ness work out and pave the way for blissful permanence inshallah.

#7 phoenix

phoenix

THE snob

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,642 posts
  • Interests:liqa'-Allah

Posted 30 July 2009 - 01:45 PM

^ Thank you! Insha'Allah, there is hope.

#8 shiasoldier786

shiasoldier786

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 01:46 PM

mutah is an islamic concept, hence labelling it as "bad" means objecting the laws of Allah (s.w.t)

On the contrary, preference to do it or not, is another question, and is entirely dependent on the person itself

#9 Ali Zara

Ali Zara

• Banned
  • 464 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 01:54 PM

mutah is an islamic concept, hence labelling it as "bad" means objecting the laws of Allah (s.w.t)

On the contrary, preference to do it or not, is another question, and is entirely dependent on the person itself

Salaam, Yes, i know brother. I just want to know what ladies think of it. for example like a mustahab act, some people do it n others ignore it Wassalaam

#10 Trumpet

Trumpet

The Dreamer

• Advanced Members
  • PipPip
  • 267 posts
  • Religion:Ithna Asheri Shia Syed

Posted 30 July 2009 - 04:59 PM

Well, one can't exactly say something that God has allowed is bad/wrong/haram..or else we would become umar # 2
But it's not for me, real marriage is complicated enough :roll:

#11 Ali Zara

Ali Zara

• Banned
  • 464 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 05:06 PM

Well, one can't exactly say something that God has allowed is bad/wrong/haram..or else we would become umar # 2
But it's not for me, real marriage is complicated enough :roll:

Salaam, i agree. But now dayz people question everything. Wassalaam

#12 Shaheen

Shaheen

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 94 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 05:24 PM

Here is the thing though, it is not 100% accepted Allah ÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì has allowed. I mean it is mentioned in various hadiths, but from what I know twelver Shia which claim that it is mentioned in the Quran. All other sects of Muslims apparently disagree with it.

#13 mkazmi

mkazmi

Moment Of Clarity

• Advanced Members
  • PipPip
  • 343 posts
  • Interests:Science, Philosophy, Religion, Politics, Sports and Humor

Posted 30 July 2009 - 05:40 PM

Well in my opinion, the only to set the judge weather it is good or bad, is via the intentions of the girl/guy @ hand. if there intentions are good then its good. if there just experimenting or having fun then its bad.

#14 Wize Muzlim

Wize Muzlim

• Banned
  • 218 posts
  • Interests:Religion, Cooking, Sports, Reading, Computers.

Posted 31 July 2009 - 03:16 AM

Every girls sole purpose in life should be to attain the highest level of Mutah (the heart of decency).

#15 Fida wal muqawamah

Fida wal muqawamah

Missing since 08/78

• Advanced Members
  • PipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 04:15 AM

Only for understanding and not involving any physical relationship!!!
But as it was said in this thread that no matter how many ahadith we put forward in front of our parents muttah will remain a taboo for them!
And for a virgin the boy has to get permission from her father so i guess muttah for whatever reasons, will be considered forbidden

#16 wonderer

wonderer

Let's Go To The Beach

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,941 posts
  • Religion:Muslim- Loves AhluAlbait
  • Interests:Making, Expressing, Ignoring, Loving and surly Eating

Posted 31 July 2009 - 05:41 AM

Hmmm.. I personally totally agree with mut3ah.. but the whole society is against me on this one.. but hey who cares about what others think when it's halal :D :D
So, I think it's a good start to a permanent relationship. Like I can hangout with a guy "alone" without it being haram.. so I get to know him more like one on one & get the physical tension out of the way coz when u r attracted to someone it means you are into him physically as well.. so why not act human? As long it's halal..
So, I'm all for it.. if the purpose behind it could lead to a real mirage.. like you try the person.. if it works.. then go deep and do the real deal :D coz real marriage cost a lot of money so I think you must be like %100 sure before you go ahead and do it.. and you can't be that sure unless you really know the guy..

BUT, I disagree with mut3ah if it was ONLY for sexual purposes.. tho it's not haram.. but I wouldn't do it for that reason.. oh well maybe if he was knock dead gorgeous I might consider it.. JK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Naaah I wouldn't

#17 lena0

lena0

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 151 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 07:50 AM

Zahraa

Me too! ^_^ I quite like the situation I am in (waiting until his scholarship finishes so we can marry permanently inshaAllah) and I am happy that we are able to be together in a way that is fine religiously. It also helps if you have a non-Muslim family who would feel slighted if you got married suddenly. If they want you to take your time, then you can show them how you are with your spouse and let them become used to it before you get married "permanently", if that makes sense.

#18 sukaina_08

sukaina_08

• Advanced Members
  • PipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 01:22 AM

^ Sounds like we're in a similar situation. I also have mutah and am waiting for him to finish his scholarship so we can make it legal, inshallah. Does his family know about you? As for me, his family knows about me but they don't really take it seriously because I'm white and a convert. I guess I don't really count in their eyes. :(

Regarding the thread, I agree that there are circumstances that make it difficult for nikah. However, I personally would much rather have nikah, because there's not much stability or security in mutah obviously, as it's simply a temporary agreement.

#19 lena0

lena0

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 151 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 04:37 AM

^ Sounds like we're in a similar situation. I also have mutah and am waiting for him to finish his scholarship so we can make it legal, inshallah. Does his family know about you? As for me, his family knows about me but they don't really take it seriously because I'm white and a convert. I guess I don't really count in their eyes. :(

Regarding the thread, I agree that there are circumstances that make it difficult for nikah. However, I personally would much rather have nikah, because there's not much stability or security in mutah obviously, as it's simply a temporary agreement.

Yeah his family know :) I don't think they took me seriously in the beginning, but it's been a while (1 year 6 months so far) so they've gotten used to the idea thank God! But I agree with you, I'd rather have a nikah - but for the time being, mut'ah will do :)

#20 Ali Huzaifa

Ali Huzaifa

Nothing was there and nothing will last other than Allah

• Banned
  • 3,007 posts
  • Religion:Allah,Muhammed(s),Quraan
  • Interests:to be amoung the best of people, here and here after INSHALLAH...

Posted 01 August 2009 - 07:59 AM

when i was new to this forum i was strictly againts mutah but gradually when i learnt so many bad matches going on in society i feel permanent marriages shud be abolish and temprary marriage(mutah) shud be encouraged :squeez:

just my 2 cents. :angel:

:yaali:

Edited by Ali Huzaifa, 01 August 2009 - 08:01 AM.

#21 asher

asher

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 159 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 08:11 AM

But why one has to indulge in mutaah marriages?then what about the following hadith?

It was narrated from ‘Ali (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) forbade mut’ah marriage and the meat of domestic donkeys at the time of Khaybar. According to another report, he forbade mut’ah marriage at the time of Khaybar and he forbade the meat of tame donkeys.

Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 3979; Muslim, 1407.

It was narrated from al-Rabee’ ibn Sabrah al-Juhani that his father told him that he was with the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) who said, “O people, I used to allow you to engage in mut’ah marriages, but now Allaah has forbidden that until the Day of Resurrection, so whoever has any wives in a mut’ah marriage, he should let her go and do not take anything of the (money) you have given them.”

Narrated by Muslim, 1406.

It was narrated from ‘Ali that he heard Ibn ‘Abbaas permitting mut’ah marriage, and he said, “Wait a minute, O Ibn ‘Abbaas, for the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) forbade it on the day of Khaybar and (he also forbade) the meat of tame donkeys.”

Narrated by Muslim, 1407.

The wife is the one with whom one stays on a long-term basis, as Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“… and live with them honourably …” [al-Nisaa’ 4:19],

but in the case of mut’ah a man does not live with the woman for long.

The wife is the one who inherits from the husband, or from whom the husband inherits, because Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“In that which your wives leave, your share is a half if they have no child…” [al-Nisaa’ 4:12].

But the woman in a mut’ah marriage does not inherit, because she is not a wife, since she spends such a short time with the man.

On these grounds, Mut’ah marriage is considered to be zinaa (adultery or fornication), even if both parties consent to it, and even if it lasts for a long time, and even if the man pays the woman a mahr. There is nothing that has been reported in sharee’ah that shows that it may be permitted, apart from the brief period when it was allowed during the year of the conquest of Makkah. That was because at that time there were so many people who has newly embraced Islam and there was the fear that they might become apostates, because they had been used to committing zinaa during the Jaahiliyyah. So this kind of marriage was permitted for them for three days, then it was made haraam until the Day of Resurrection, as was narrated by Muslim, 1406.

Edited by asher, 01 August 2009 - 08:16 AM.

#22 Ali Huzaifa

Ali Huzaifa

Nothing was there and nothing will last other than Allah

• Banned
  • 3,007 posts
  • Religion:Allah,Muhammed(s),Quraan
  • Interests:to be amoung the best of people, here and here after INSHALLAH...

Posted 01 August 2009 - 08:14 AM

But why one has to indulge in mutaah marriages?then what about the following hadith?

It was narrated from ‘Ali (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) forbade mut’ah marriage and the meat of domestic donkeys at the time of Khaybar. According to another report, he forbade mut’ah marriage at the time of Khaybar and he forbade the meat of tame donkeys.

It was narrated from al-Rabee’ ibn Sabrah al-Juhani that his father told him that he was with the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) who said, “O people, I used to allow you to engage in mut’ah marriages, but now Allaah has forbidden that until the Day of Resurrection, so whoever has any wives in a mut’ah marriage, he should let her go and do not take anything of the (money) you have given them.”

It was narrated from ‘Ali that he heard Ibn ‘Abbaas permitting mut’ah marriage, and he said, “Wait a minute, O Ibn ‘Abbaas, for the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) forbade it on the day of Khaybar and (he also forbade) the meat of tame donkeys.”

this is a shia forum ...why would u quote some thing from bukhari? :lol:

#23 shiasoldier786

shiasoldier786

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 08:17 AM

Sahih Bukhari also says that one of the caliph banned mutah!! soo confusing and contradictory it is

p.s if you wat me to look for that hadith

#24 asher

asher

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 159 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 08:27 AM

both of my above one's

Oh!So is it that hadith mentioned are not accepted on this froum?As far as i am concerned sahih muslim and sahih bukhari both sects that is sunni and shia agree with.

Aham!!

Fine,but then what about quranic sayings i mentioned below?

Even then if one to go on with his human wishes go ahead[as one of the weakness of human]

May Allah guide them who wish to be guided and learn something.

Sahih Bukhari also says that one of the caliph banned mutah!! soo confusing and contradictory it is

p.s if you wat me to look for that hadith

Yes,it is there

but for that now you are saying or express that just because of that reason temporary marriages are not haraam but halaal... :(

If you believe in these hadith(most authentic one's)then there are sayings of hazrat ali(r.a)too.

So,rejecting this one(means Hazrat Ali(r.a)sayings and rejecting quran.(Quran is there)

Read it clearly.Quranic ayats.

last thing if you really want to follow your wishes and your heart in this matter then you will get nothing but wrath(anger) of Allah
Of course,if one follow his evil conscience then it will say you to follow it.

May Allah guide muslims to right path,ameen!!

Edited by asher, 01 August 2009 - 08:31 AM.

#25 Talib-ul-Siratul-Illm

Talib-ul-Siratul-Illm
  • Basic Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 10:16 AM

As Salamu Alikum Warahmantu Allah Wabarktu,

mutah is good praticing it prepares for for nikkah, screens poetential partners, and recevies sexual desire in a lawful way. Thou it can be abused, here in amertica we have some brothers who mutah a different ahlul kitab woman every week, or month.

Allahumma Sale Ale Muhammad Wa Ale Muhammad

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users