62 replies to this topic

#1 Mazhar

Mazhar
  • Basic Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 08:21 AM

(bismillah)

(salam)

I am a Muslim (not Shia Muslim). I want to know what are the beliefs of Shia Muslims. I have heard from lot of people and books that Shia Muslims do not believe in Qur'an and etc, but I never took it very seriously and always wanted to get the views directly from Shia people. So I want to know about your beliefs about Islam.

#2 kadhim

kadhim

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,569 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 08:34 AM

(bismillah)

(salam)

I am a Muslim (not Shia Muslim). I want to know what are the beliefs of Shia Muslims. I have heard from lot of people and books that Shia Muslims do not believe in Qur'an and etc, but I never took it very seriously and always wanted to get the views directly from Shia people. So I want to know about your beliefs about Islam.

You might want to Google Shiite Creed, by Shaykh Saduq. Very early text, from 4th century AH, giving a statement of core orthodox beliefs.

#3 TheHealer

TheHealer

El doctor esta listo para atenderle.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPip
  • 602 posts
  • Interests:A un objectivo paraiso

Posted 04 June 2009 - 08:35 AM

(bismillah)
(salam)

O YOU WHO BELIEVE! IF AN EVIL DOER COMES TO YOU WITH A REPORT, LOOK CAREFULLY INTO IT, LEST YOU HARM A PEOPLE IN IGNORANCE,THEN BE SORRY FOR WHAT YOU HAVE DONE.(surah hujarat ,Al-Quran)

I would urge you to ponder over the above verses of the glorious quran , and then read, think and reflect.

Regarding various false allegations regarding the Shia of Ahlul Bayt(AS) kindly read this link:
http://www.al-islam.org/underattack/

Then regarding what we believe in, read this http://home.swipnet..../shia-faith.htm

Most of the misconceptions are dealt in this book: http://www.maaref-fo...etics/index.htm

Kindly note the above are only very short descriptions, but for sake of brevity , i provided these two links only, for starters they will do.........AND WHEN I SAY SHIA,IT STRICTLY MEANS ITNA ASHARIA(TWELVER) SHIAS ONLY......

[7:89 Al-Quran] Our Lord! decide between us and our people with truth; and Thou art the best of deciders.

Wasallam

Edited by fahim, 04 June 2009 - 09:02 AM.

#4 SpIzo

SpIzo

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,419 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 08:44 AM

http://www.shiachat....topic=234955154

#5 Maula Dha Mallang

Maula Dha Mallang

Resident Wahabbi Vermin Slayer At Your Service

• Banned
  • 13,007 posts
  • Location:The Depths of Usoolis Worst Nightmares and Insecurities
  • Religion:my religion is nothing but love and hate in equal measure
  • Interests:Never break anyones heart
    your Rabb lives there

Posted 04 June 2009 - 08:59 AM

ahem

http://answering-ans...ly/en/index.php

#6 Marbles

Marbles

Bohemian

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,969 posts
  • Religion:Mussalman
  • Interests:You & I

Posted 04 June 2009 - 09:03 AM

^

ummm bro MDM. Is that a good point to start from? :unsure:

Hey remember I'm one of the original contributors to AA. But that's for 'proper' Sunnis/Wahhabis to learn about 'proper' Shi'ism, no?

#7 Mazhar

Mazhar
  • Basic Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 09:22 AM

Thanks for replies, I found that people have given lots of third party links but I want a discussion here in the forum. So let me ask:

Do Shia people believe that the current Qur'an is the word of Allah sent through Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) to humankind?

Edited by Mazhar, 04 June 2009 - 09:33 AM.

#8 SpIzo

SpIzo

• Advanced Members
  • 8,419 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 09:34 AM

Do Shia people believe that Qur'an is the word of Allah sent through Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) to humankind?

Yes.

If you're really interested in Shi'ism, I'd suggest you go through those links which consists of books authored by learned scholars rather than basing your opinion of Shi'ism on what people believe on this forum.

#9 kadhim

kadhim

• Advanced Members
  • 10,569 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 09:44 AM

Thanks for replies, I found that people have given lots of third party links but I want a discussion here in the forum. So let me ask:

Do Shia people believe that the current Qur'an is the word of Allah sent through Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) to humankind?

If you wanted a specific discussion, maybe you should have asked for one rather than opening with a general question: "What do you believe?" In addition, the sorts of links provided give authoritative answers to a wide range of common misconceptions. That way, a person sincere in the intentiont to find answers to questions can get answers without people here having to go over well-trod ground.

Edited by kadhim, 04 June 2009 - 10:25 AM.

#10 esposabella

esposabella

• Advanced Members
  • PipPip
  • 342 posts
  • Interests:God: Who is everywhere and in everyone<br />Reading: Just about everything<br />Traveling: Just about anywhere<br />Walking: Best way to discover your city<br />

Posted 04 June 2009 - 09:54 AM

Hey thanks for the links, im sure to look into it!!! why is everyone so volatile?!! :) :angel:

Peace!!

God Bless

#11 Mazhar

Mazhar
  • Basic Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 09:57 AM

Yes.

So every Shia believes in current Qur'an that consists of 114 Surahs and over 6000 verses? And do Shias have any conflict regarding Qur'an being the divine book with other muslims sects?

#12 SpIzo

SpIzo

• Advanced Members
  • 8,419 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 10:01 AM

So every Shia believes in current Qur'an that consists of 114 Surahs and over 6000 verses? And do Shias have any conflict regarding Qur'an being the divine book with other muslims sects?

http://www.al-islam....derattack/1.htm

#13 Mazhar

Mazhar
  • Basic Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 10:06 AM

^ Why everyone is just giving me the links brothers? Why do not state it in short?

#14 SpIzo

SpIzo

• Advanced Members
  • 8,419 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 10:11 AM

^Because the links answer your questions.

#15 Maula Dha Mallang

Maula Dha Mallang

• Banned
  • 13,007 posts
    your Rabb lives there

Posted 04 June 2009 - 10:20 AM

mazhar we believe in the same quran you do, and we believe in the same prophet you do, and we believe in the same god you do.

stop listening to chinese whispers. all your questions have been answered in the last few posts.

jibby: i get the feeling he isnt as innocent as he is making out. we might as well be frank about it since he obviously has been indoctrinated against us already

do we believe in the same quran? *shakes head*

#16 kadhim

kadhim

• Advanced Members
  • 10,569 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 10:26 AM

^Because the links answer your questions.

Along with most/all of the other trademark slanders usually propagated about Shias.

#17 esposabella

esposabella

• Advanced Members
  • PipPip
  • 342 posts
  • Interests:God: Who is everywhere and in everyone<br />Reading: Just about everything<br />Traveling: Just about anywhere<br />Walking: Best way to discover your city<br />

Posted 04 June 2009 - 10:31 AM

Quick question: Is it not possible for there to be just Muslim, no division between the Sunni and Shi'a? If he is here to cause controversy or slander, is it not better to kill it with Love & Respect? what is he going to say? Oh those Shi'a all they did was respect and instruct me?!!

#18 Mazhar

Mazhar
  • Basic Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 11:05 AM

Are people here have doubt on me of some kind? I am here to know the Shia people.

As I said that I have heard people say and in the books that Shia people do not believe in current Qur'an, but I did not believe them and decided that I would ask my questions directly to Shia brothers of what they believe and what they do not believe, if I wanted to read from third parties, I would not come here, rather I would Google it and read it.

I have read a book which says that Shias believe that the real Qur'an is with the 12th Imaam, and Qur'an we have in not the real one, it is correct?

#19 kadhim

kadhim

• Advanced Members
  • 10,569 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 11:20 AM

Are people here have doubt on me of some kind? I am here to know the Shia people.

As I said that I have heard people say and in the books that Shia people do not believe in current Qur'an, but I did not believe them and decided that I would ask my questions directly to Shia brothers of what they believe and what they do not believe, if I wanted to read from third parties, I would not come here, rather I would Google it and read it.

If you're sincere, it's hard to see what it is you're trying to gain.

You've been referred to authoritative works that give the orthodox perspective on such issues. If you really don't want "3rd party" views, then that's where you want to go for information.

Edited by kadhim, 04 June 2009 - 11:21 AM.

#20 Mazhar

Mazhar
  • Basic Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 11:26 AM

The Quran that we have is the complete and only Quran.

Can you tell me what book that was, and who it was written by?

The book is "Ikhtilaaf-e-Ummat aur Siraat-e-Mustaqim" by Maulana Muhammad Yousuf Ludhianwi. It is in Urdu.

#21 Marbles

Marbles

Bohemian

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,969 posts
  • Religion:Mussalman
  • Interests:You & I

Posted 04 June 2009 - 12:01 PM

^

The writer is a charlatan, a Sunni hate monger.

#22 Mazhar

Mazhar
  • Basic Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 10:02 PM

OK, so it means that writer is wrong and Shia do believe in Qur'an being the exact word of God.

Now, do shias believe in Companions of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh), the Sahabah (ra)

Edited by Mazhar, 04 June 2009 - 10:05 PM.

#23 Mazhar

Mazhar
  • Basic Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 10:21 PM

We believe they exist, yes. Historical evidence indicates that some were not steady in their obedience to the Prophet after his death.

Who were those companions (according to you) who were not obedient to Prophet (S) after his death? And what is the evidence?

Edited by Mazhar, 04 June 2009 - 10:27 PM.

#24 Maula Dha Mallang

Maula Dha Mallang

• Banned
  • 13,007 posts
    your Rabb lives there

Posted 05 June 2009 - 04:13 AM

Who were those companions (according to you) who were not obedient to Prophet (S) after his death? And what is the evidence?

i can think of three straight off the top of my head.

abu bakr
umar
usman

take a look at the event of ghadir, the tragedy of thursday, the burial of the prophet and saqifa for how "obedient" these "ashaabi e karam" really were.

#25 Mazhar

Mazhar
  • Basic Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 05:59 AM

i can think of three straight off the top of my head.

abu bakr
umar
usman

take a look at the event of ghadir, the tragedy of thursday, the burial of the prophet and saqifa for how "obedient" these "ashaabi e karam" really were.

Then what? did they become disobedient? How?

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users