ash-shaheed

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 01:12 PM

(bismillah)

(salam) ,

Im sorry, I didnt realise how emotional i was getting in this matter :blush:

You see, I usually think ican distinguish Shia Maulanas from Sunni Maulanas by their looks, so I was just trying to prove that. Sorry if I was offensive..... :cry: :cry:

Wassalam and have a nice day

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but in Ayat. Sistani's risaalah it says (paraphrasing) that men should not imitate women in their dress and clothing (and vice versa - women should not imitate men). As far as whether earrings are themselves "haraam," that's a question for your marja, but that one line in Sistani's risaalah is enough for me to avoid them.

#52 AnotherUmmAli

AnotherUmmAli

• Unregistered
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,472 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 06:43 PM

What is male or female dress is not fixed. In American culture an thobe/disdasha is a dress and dresses are only for women. Is it haraam to wear one? Heck, even earrings, here in America are not considered female articles of clothing and many icons of masculinity (football and basketball players, hypermasculine hiphop stars etc.) wear earrings.

Anyway, isn't there some evidence that Imam Ali (as) wore one?

#53 Impenetrable_Defence

Impenetrable_Defence

• Advanced Members
  • PipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 11:57 PM

What is male or female dress is not fixed. In American culture an thobe/disdasha is a dress and dresses are only for women. Is it haraam to wear one? Heck, even earrings, here in America are not considered female articles of clothing and many icons of masculinity (football and basketball players, hypermasculine hiphop stars etc.) wear earrings.

Since when were "football and basketball players icons of masculinity". Even in a sport like football, if you seperate men from the girls, (i.e the Vidic's from the Torres's), you will never see an earring on any one of them, heck even Cristiano Ronaldo doesnt wear them anymore.

You ever seen David Haye or Vitali Klitschko boasting a pair of earrings?

Anyway, isn't there some evidence that Imam Ali (as) wore one?

Eh? havin a laugh?

Kilts are ok on a very confident man in America, as long as he can convince others that he has Scottish ancestry.

Kilts are and always have been male garments. I have never seen a girl wearing a kilt.

#54 Maryaam

Maryaam

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,362 posts
  • Religion:Shia

Posted 14 May 2009 - 12:06 AM

Kilts are and always have been male garments. I have never seen a girl wearing a kilt.

http://www.highlands...Long_Kilts.html

#55 Impenetrable_Defence

Impenetrable_Defence

• Advanced Members
  • PipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 12:15 AM

Those are kilted skirts. Distinctions include length, seam position etc etc. I live in the Kingdom of Alba and I can sincerely say that I have never witnessed a female wearing a traditional kilt. There may will be rare circumstances where a women may feel compelled to wear a kilt but in the same way men may wear earrings, it does not detract for the simple truth that kilts are male garments.

#56 Basim Ali

Basim Ali

Unity - in all walks of life

• Mods
  • 4,679 posts
  • Interests:Servitude of my Lord and the closest ones to Him

Posted 14 May 2009 - 08:55 AM

(bismillah)

(salam) ,
Hmmmmm....... Maryaam, what are you doing in brother's forum??? :D :D

Edited by Basim Ali, 14 May 2009 - 08:56 AM.

#57 Maryaam

Maryaam

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,362 posts
  • Religion:Shia

Posted 14 May 2009 - 09:04 AM

(bismillah)

(salam) ,
Hmmmmm....... Maryaam, what are you doing in brother's forum??? :D :D

Whoops!! I really try not to do that. I am not my best at night - kind of out of it. AND - I didnt know what I was talking about so it is a double whammy. :blush:

#58 AliWala01

AliWala01

al Ajal Ya Sahib uz Zaman

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,212 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 12:27 AM

From Agha Sistani, I sent him the question about 3 days ago, just got the answer...

Question :
Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem
Ya Ali (as) Madad
Salam alaykum,
What is the ruling on wearing ear rings by men if it is in a society which does not view ear rings to be a feminine thing?

Answer:
In the name of Allah,

the Most High There is no problem in it.

Wassalam

#59 gogiison2

gogiison2

Ya Sahib az-Zaman!

• Unregistered
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,665 posts
  • Religion:Islam
  • Interests:making my body the servant of my soul

Posted 17 May 2009 - 12:31 AM

^ what if one person in that "society" sees it as feminine? LOL send him another question.

man you're not even an usooli, according to your info.

Edited by gogiison2, 17 May 2009 - 12:36 AM.

#60 AliWala01

AliWala01

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,212 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 12:58 AM

^ what if one person in that "society" sees it as feminine? LOL send him another question.

man you're not even an usooli, according to your info.

I'm not in a society that sees it as feminine. If you are, you're more than free to send him a question. One person doesn't make up the entire society. The point is that if you go out wearing an earring, no one will think you're gay or feminine. Stop trying to make it difficult, even after Agha Sistani says there's no problem in it, you still can't accept it.

Being a non-usooli doesn't mean I can't refer to scholars. There's a difference between asking scholars their opinions and blindly following them without using our own God-given aql. But we don't really wanna get into all that here, do we?

Edited by S.H.Rizvi, 17 May 2009 - 01:01 AM.

#61 gogiison2

gogiison2

Ya Sahib az-Zaman!

• Unregistered
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,665 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 01:12 AM

i'm not making it difficult, i think the guys are. especially with their pony tails and earrings lol. i don't know if i look from the back of the head if it's a dude or girl. alhumdolillah everyone doesnt follow these types of "fashion."

even today we see that they make movies of men dressing like women as comedy. do you say this is okay? since if it's for comedy they'll consider you heterosexual still, most likely. according to your logic it seems you'd say it's permissible.

Edited by gogiison2, 17 May 2009 - 01:13 AM.

#62 AliWala01

AliWala01

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,212 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 01:17 AM

Bro I never said men dressing like women is permissible, for any purpose wether it's comedy or anything else. All I've said was that ear rings are not haram and I've shown Agha Sistani's ruling to prove it. Everything else you've said is pointless.

Again, I never said anything about pony tails or dressing like women, so don't go around trying to put words into my mouth.

#63 gogiison2

gogiison2

Ya Sahib az-Zaman!

• Unregistered
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,665 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 01:23 AM

do you say pony tails are permissible? if so try sending that and getting a fatwa. if not, whats the difference if society doesnt see it as feminine?

#64 AliWala01

AliWala01

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,212 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 01:27 AM

I wouldn't say they're permissible, but I wouldn't say they're haram and you're commiting a sin if you wear your hair in a pony tail. Then again, pony tails are not as common on guys as ear rings are (from my experience).

How about long hair but not in a pony tail?

#65 gogiison2

gogiison2

Ya Sahib az-Zaman!

• Unregistered
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,665 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 01:35 AM

i think longer hair is fine w/ hair parted for masah and kept neat, if one cannot keep it neat i'd cut it.

what's your opinion on french manicure on men that wear gloves or socks 24/7?

Edited by gogiison2, 17 May 2009 - 01:36 AM.

#66 AliWala01

AliWala01

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,212 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 01:39 AM

i agree with the hair bit.

as for the rest, i think i'm done with talking about what's feminine or not. I've proven my original point, so nothing else to say here :)

#67 Shi`ah

Shi`ah

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 77 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 03:08 PM

Yeah just remember that looks can be deceiving!

I seen the most typical SHIA LOOKING people be the most fraudulent crafty mo fos on earth

Our problem is we see someone with a nice trimmed beard and noor on their face (yes i know i posess both these qualities...MASHALLAH @ ME ) and start diving into their ..well yeah ..start kissing upto them because we think by knowing them or being associated with them, it will raise our own status

Forget that I hate SUCKERS UPTO PEOPLE WHO TREAT PEOPLE IN ONE WAY BECAUSE THEY THINK THEY ARE AMAZING AND THEN DISRESPECT OTHERS BECAUSE THEY BELIEVE THEMSELVES TO BE HIGHER .....SCREW THAT ....I HATE PEOPLE WHO DO THAT I SWEAR I FEEL LIKE KNOCKING ONE OF THOSE VACUUM HOOVER SUCKERS OUT RIGHT NOW.......

DO NOT SUCK UP !!!!! DON'T SUCK UPTO PEOPLE JUST KEEP IT REAL WITH EVERYONE WHOEVER LOOKS PIOUS AN WHOEVER DON'T LOOK PIOUS BE THE SAME WITH ALL OF THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SHIAS STOP SUCKING UPTO PEOPLE THIS IS DESTROYING YOUR NAFS BECAUSE IT CAN BE CONSIDERED AS SHIRK...........YOU WANT TO PLEASE THEM SO THEY THINK HIGHLY OF YOU ..JUST PLEASE THE ALMIGHTY AND HE WILL RAISE YOUR STATUS BUT FOR THE LOVE OF GOD STOP SUCKING UPTO PEOPLE ESPECIALLY THE MODERATORS.........REMEMBER THEY ARE JUST PEOPLE ASWELL WHO ALSO COMMIT SINS THEY ARE NOT INFALLIBLE AT ALL AND TRUST ME IF THEY WERE IN FRONT OF US RIGHT NOW THEY WOULDN'T EVEN DARE TO TALK TO PEOPLE THE WAY THEY DO!!!

PLEASE STOP SUCKING UP ALL YOU WHO CALL YOURSELVES FOLLOWERS OF ALI IBN ABI TALIB (A.S) KEEP IT REAL AND HUMBLE WITH EVERYONE YOU COME ACROSS
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THAT'S MY 2 RUPEES

ROFL. I just can't stop laughing.

Good advice.

#68 *a-k*

*a-k*

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 79 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 09:25 AM

i think shias have a particular shape to their faces too its like when you look at it, you can see some sort of kindness to it.

#69 shiasoldier786

shiasoldier786

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 04:26 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

This is just the tip of the iceberg :P

#70 Storm Large

Storm Large

• Banned
  • 533 posts
  • Interests:Congrats to Pakis on T 20

Posted 12 July 2009 - 04:29 PM

Lol its so true about shia people having that distinct look.. its particularly distinct amongst pakistani shia people.. they have clean small beards..... well cut off ...

#71 shiasoldier786

shiasoldier786

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 04:43 PM

like Mr 10% and our beloved beautiful benazir :lol:

#72 sukaina_08

sukaina_08

• Advanced Members
  • PipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 07:27 PM

sorry to intrude but just felt compelled to comment:

historically in the west (from what I've learned and read), earrings served two purposes: one to indicate that you were a slave, and second to indicate that you were homosexual.

Second, I'm not sure what country aliwala01 is from, but where I'm from, the US, guys wearing earrings are still seen as a homosexual identifier by many. In some subcultures, such as African American culture, males do sometimes have earrings. But, it's still not universally accepted as being 'normal' for a guy to have a piercing. If one of my brothers came home sporting an earring, he'd be in a lot of trouble with my parents, and my grandparents would write him out of the will, haha. As a side note, some Christian denominations believe that any piercing, for both male and female, is sinful. My mom grew up with this belief, and subsequently I was never allowed to have earrings either, even though it was ok in our denomination.

Edited by sukaina_08, 13 August 2009 - 07:32 PM.

#73 Wize Muzlim

Wize Muzlim

• Banned
  • 218 posts
  • Interests:Religion, Cooking, Sports, Reading, Computers.

Posted 13 August 2009 - 07:43 PM

With every look should come a trademark. For Shias its the turbah mark on their forehead. If you don't have one start praying.

#74 Irishman

Irishman

• Banned
  • 2,481 posts
  • Religion:Christian, with a bit of agnostic theism :)
  • Interests:Guinness :D

Posted 14 August 2009 - 09:40 AM

Since when were "football and basketball players icons of masculinity". Even in a sport like football, if you seperate men from the girls, (i.e the Vidic's from the Torres's), you will never see an earring on any one of them, heck even Cristiano Ronaldo doesnt wear them anymore.

A ManUre supporter no doubt :lol:

Posted Image

Posted Image

You ever seen David Haye or Vitali Klitschko boasting a pair of earrings?

Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by Irishman, 14 August 2009 - 09:42 AM.

#75 Tonks

Tonks

• Advanced Members
  • PipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 04:54 PM

Owned!

:lol:

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users