Sign in to follow this  
Hassan Ali

The SHIA 'LOOK' ?

Rate this topic

i'm not making it difficult, i think the guys are. especially with their pony tails and earrings lol. i don't know if i look from the back of the head if it's a dude or girl. alhumdolillah everyone doesnt follow these types of "fashion."

even today we see that they make movies of men dressing like women as comedy. do you say this is okay? since if it's for comedy they'll consider you heterosexual still, most likely. according to your logic it seems you'd say it's permissible.

Edited by gogiison2

Bro I never said men dressing like women is permissible, for any purpose wether it's comedy or anything else. All I've said was that ear rings are not haram and I've shown Agha Sistani's ruling to prove it. Everything else you've said is pointless.

Again, I never said anything about pony tails or dressing like women, so don't go around trying to put words into my mouth.

I wouldn't say they're permissible, but I wouldn't say they're haram and you're commiting a sin if you wear your hair in a pony tail. Then again, pony tails are not as common on guys as ear rings are (from my experience).

How about long hair but not in a pony tail?

i think longer hair is fine w/ hair parted for masah and kept neat, if one cannot keep it neat i'd cut it.

what's your opinion on french manicure on men that wear gloves or socks 24/7?

Edited by gogiison2

Yeah just remember that looks can be deceiving!

I seen the most typical SHIA LOOKING people be the most fraudulent crafty mo fos on earth

Our problem is we see someone with a nice trimmed beard and noor on their face (yes i know i posess both these qualities...MASHALLAH @ ME ) and start diving into their ..well yeah ..start kissing upto them because we think by knowing them or being associated with them, it will raise our own status

Forget that I hate SUCKERS UPTO PEOPLE WHO TREAT PEOPLE IN ONE WAY BECAUSE THEY THINK THEY ARE AMAZING AND THEN DISRESPECT OTHERS BECAUSE THEY BELIEVE THEMSELVES TO BE HIGHER .....SCREW THAT ....I HATE PEOPLE WHO DO THAT I SWEAR I FEEL LIKE KNOCKING ONE OF THOSE VACUUM HOOVER SUCKERS OUT RIGHT NOW.......

DO NOT SUCK UP !!!!! DON'T SUCK UPTO PEOPLE JUST KEEP IT REAL WITH EVERYONE WHOEVER LOOKS PIOUS AN WHOEVER DON'T LOOK PIOUS BE THE SAME WITH ALL OF THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SHIAS STOP SUCKING UPTO PEOPLE THIS IS DESTROYING YOUR NAFS BECAUSE IT CAN BE CONSIDERED AS SHIRK...........YOU WANT TO PLEASE THEM SO THEY THINK HIGHLY OF YOU ..JUST PLEASE THE ALMIGHTY AND HE WILL RAISE YOUR STATUS BUT FOR THE LOVE OF GOD STOP SUCKING UPTO PEOPLE ESPECIALLY THE MODERATORS.........REMEMBER THEY ARE JUST PEOPLE ASWELL WHO ALSO COMMIT SINS THEY ARE NOT INFALLIBLE AT ALL AND TRUST ME IF THEY WERE IN FRONT OF US RIGHT NOW THEY WOULDN'T EVEN DARE TO TALK TO PEOPLE THE WAY THEY DO!!!

PLEASE STOP SUCKING UP ALL YOU WHO CALL YOURSELVES FOLLOWERS OF ALI IBN ABI TALIB (A.S) KEEP IT REAL AND HUMBLE WITH EVERYONE YOU COME ACROSS

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THAT'S MY 2 RUPEES

ROFL. I just can't stop laughing.

Good advice.

sorry to intrude but just felt compelled to comment:

historically in the west (from what I've learned and read), earrings served two purposes: one to indicate that you were a slave, and second to indicate that you were homosexual.

Second, I'm not sure what country aliwala01 is from, but where I'm from, the US, guys wearing earrings are still seen as a homosexual identifier by many. In some subcultures, such as African American culture, males do sometimes have earrings. But, it's still not universally accepted as being 'normal' for a guy to have a piercing. If one of my brothers came home sporting an earring, he'd be in a lot of trouble with my parents, and my grandparents would write him out of the will, haha. As a side note, some Christian denominations believe that any piercing, for both male and female, is sinful. My mom grew up with this belief, and subsequently I was never allowed to have earrings either, even though it was ok in our denomination.

Edited by sukaina_08

Since when were "football and basketball players icons of masculinity". Even in a sport like football, if you seperate men from the girls, (i.e the Vidic's from the Torres's), you will never see an earring on any one of them, heck even Cristiano Ronaldo doesnt wear them anymore.

A ManUre supporter no doubt :lol:

article-1189719-052B405B000005DC-573_468x522.jpg

article-1189719-052B3CE5000005DC-179_468x700.jpg

You ever seen David Haye or Vitali Klitschko boasting a pair of earrings?

David_Haye_704165a.jpg

david_haye_200801_ap.jpg

Edited by Irishman

(salam)

I don't have any special look despite of the fact that i am Shiite that's because i am only 17,so no secondary sexual characters yet.As my father wants me to complete rest of my education in Canada so i think i wouldn't go for a beard as it will destroy my looks.

(wasalam)

^ wow... my dad was against the beard thing too but i still keep it .. its not too hard and who says that have a really long one... i have a trimmer and i put a clipper on it and take it to the lowest setting 1 or 2 and trim it... it ends up with a really neat small shade on the cheeks and then i use the razor to line it all up... isnt there a saying that Adam was granted a beard to increase in his looks?

(salam)

I don't have any special look despite of the fact that i am Shiite that's because i am only 17,so no secondary sexual characters yet.As my father wants me to complete rest of my education in Canada so i think i wouldn't go for a beard as it will destroy my looks.

(wasalam)

Bro.. I advise you to not compromise your beliefs for the sake of what others make think of it. As it is, having a beard is quite common among non muslims in the West.

lol at the man dem trying to turbah marks on your head. whats it for? to show off to all those people?

what is the true reason for trying to get the turbah mark? half of the kids with them burn it on anyway. my cousin did that and got ABUZED.

Sistani is god knows how old, hasnt got that mark. Khomeini died at 87 i think, and didnt have it. Khamenei hasnt got it. fadlallah is sans the mark. Hassan nasrallah ain't got no ting. You telling me that some 20 year old has prayed more than these lot? LOOOL at youuu and your blacked up forehead.

Oh and long hair and earrings isnt the shia look. its the gay look.

Edited by yousersif

Salams and Ya ALI madad

firstly id like to apoligise in advance if this subject has already been discussed

just a quick question regarding why shias have a particular look

by this i mean the long hair, 2 earings and the little beard, i have been asked a number of times by sunni brothers, but because i dont have much knowledge on this im unable to answer

any help would be much appreciated

ALI ALI :yaali:

Haven't seen anything like that. where do you live???

(wasalam)

Salaam

the look the brother was describing is the look of "malangs" as they tend to have long hair, 2 earings etc.

A "malang" is a fanatic follower of Ahlebait but in recent years have caused so much controversy and all "malangs" are either of Indo-Pak backgronds. Long hair i do not know of but I have heard from Molanas that our 2nd and 3rd Imams(pbut) both wore 1 earring(forgive me if i am incorrect) maybe that is were the look is derived from. The "malangs" have sort of set this "look" probably in Britain and has bounced into the indo-pak regions. The topic of "malangs" is one of much controversy so i dont want to start fights etc.

I hope that was of any use.

Syed Irtezah Jaffri

As Salamu Alaikum Wa Rahmutullahi Wa Barakatahu

Something to remember is that a as Muslims, we serve as "Ambassadors" of our faith, I rememeber hearing that something along the lines of when you are going to step out of your house, take a look at yourself and decide whether you are representing islam through your appreanece as well as your actions

Some good questions I think to ask oneself regarding aesthetics, is "In what way does this benefit me i.e. whether physically/ Spiritually" and "am I giving a just account of a muslim" and perhaps "what would the Prophet (SAWW) say regarding this" beacuse the Holy Prophet (SAWW) did everything he did to please Allah (SWT).

I don't mean to offend anyone, and everyone is ultimately responsible for their own actions

Fi Aman Allah, Maas Salama

(Btw there a "shia look" which can be found narrated by Hazarat ALI (A.S)

Something which does not have a fixed ruling on it..i.e. whether wearing earrings for men are halal or haraam....I personally always think it's better to avoid coz u never know if ur committing a sin or not...I mean serioulsy men are not gonna die if they don't wear earrings right??

Salaam

the look the brother was describing is the look of "malangs" as they tend to have long hair, 2 earings etc.

A "malang" is a fanatic follower of Ahlebait but in recent years have caused so much controversy and all "malangs" are either of Indo-Pak backgronds. Long hair i do not know of but I have heard from Molanas that our 2nd and 3rd Imams(pbut) both wore 1 earring(forgive me if i am incorrect) maybe that is were the look is derived from. The "malangs" have sort of set this "look" probably in Britain and has bounced into the indo-pak regions. The topic of "malangs" is one of much controversy so i dont want to start fights etc.

I hope that was of any use.

Syed Irtezah Jaffri

THIS GUY

Has hit the nail on the head.

A malang is a south asian thing

A malang is like a Shia follower of Sufism, believes in loving the Ahl-e-Bayt, taking it easy, believes the love is enough, loves Shia sufis like Lal Shehbaz Qalander, gets angry real quick when it comes to Sunnis and is real fanatical about doing matam but thats all that his faith is about, in my opinion. Their look is centuries old,its a rural indian look, they got it from the Hindus most probably, possibly because the first malangs were hindu converts, at the hands of Shia sufis.

Malangs give Shi'ism a bad name, sort of. Just like the ignorant + fanatical followers of any movement give it a bad name.

Sabri Qawal was a malang

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SYROekcJ38

Edited by JimJam