Sign in to follow this  
SayYaAli

Why shouldn't we celebrate Eid Milad un Nabi?

Rate this topic

(bismillah)

(salam)

Last year when 12th Rabi ul Awwal came around, my Sunni friends texted me a lot of Eid Mubaraks etc. And that's cool. Nothing worng with that. But then out of the blue a really lengthy text came from another Sunni friend. The summary of it was that it's a major biddat (innovation) to celebrate this day. I was like "Whaaa..." I mean, I shoudn't really care, Shia don't even celebrate it on the 12th. But I'd like to know why some Sunni believe its wrong and why others don't. Why? Conflicting traditions? Btw this friend is NOT wahhabi and is a big fan of the Ahlul Bayt (as) . One of her favorite books is Nahj ul Balagha.

Also does anyone (Shia or Sunni) know of any ahadith promoting the sanctity of this day and that we can celebrate?

Thanks! I know its a bit early to ponder on but I'd like to be ready with the answer this year!

(salam)

Bro do you know how many naive Sunnis get brain-washed or get inclined to believe that such a practice (or any other Wahabi practice or view) is correct, simply because they can't tell the difference between Wahabi/Salafis and mainstream Ahlul Sunnah who for the most part don't even agree with Salafis. Look at the issue of Tawassul, it wasn't even an issue until these Wahabis started their propaganda against it. There are Sunni scholars in Pakistan for example who openly curse both Shias and Wahabis and deem them equal, that's how distanced away they are from the Wahabis (at least their scholars are since they are aware about these things). But that's what these Wahabis want to do, they behave in a manner and act like as if they are part of the mainstream Ahlul Sunnah body and when they start sending out this e-mail every year around this time of Milad un-Nabi (same few articles that go around the net), many Sunnis read it and think that it's probably some legit view or something; I bet some of them don't even know the scholars that the articles quote from.

Wassalam

Surah Nisa 4.148

Allah loveth not that evil should be noised abroad in public speech, except where injustice hath been done; for Allah is He who heareth and knoweth all things.

I happened to read another thread on another forum that invovled a debate between Sunnis and Salafis.

General consensus: Permissible and sunna according to all 4 Sunni schools of thought as well as Jafari madhab.

Salafi position: Bida, unless attending the milad will prevent the person from doing some other bida, in which case it is muba, but it is not sunna.

I personally feel this is one MAJOR reason Pakistan's sunni population is not 100% Salafi right now, they LOVE Milads and there is no way that it will be rendered Bida. So i try and encourage it as much as possible! hehe.

(bismillah)

(salam)

Last year when 12th Rabi ul Awwal came around, my Sunni friends texted me a lot of Eid Mubaraks etc. And that's cool. Nothing worng with that. But then out of the blue a really lengthy text came from another Sunni friend. The summary of it was that it's a major biddat (innovation) to celebrate this day. I was like "Whaaa..." I mean, I shoudn't really care, Shia don't even celebrate it on the 12th. But I'd like to know why some Sunni believe its wrong and why others don't. Why? Conflicting traditions? Btw this friend is NOT wahhabi and is a big fan of the Ahlul Bayt (as) . One of her favorite books is Nahj ul Balagha.

Also does anyone (Shia or Sunni) know of any ahadith promoting the sanctity of this day and that we can celebrate?

Thanks! I know its a bit early to ponder on but I'd like to be ready with the answer this year!

this is a nice sunni scholar talking about prophet birthday celebration ,it is in arabic so you can share it with your arabic sunni brothers or those whose understand arabic or if you can transelate it to inglesh

(bismillah)

Can someone please post fatwas which clearly prove that all four Sunni schools of thought recommend this and its only the wahabbis (who dont follow the four Sunni Imams) who say this is bidah and shirk?

(bismillah)

Can someone please post fatwas which clearly prove that all four Sunni schools of thought recommend this and its only the wahabbis (who dont follow the four Sunni Imams) who say this is bidah and shirk?

Salaam

Hanafis:

Imam Qutb al-Din al-Hanafi, al-I`lam bi a`lam bayt Allah al-haram

Imam Muhammad ibn Jar Allah ibn Zahira, al-Jami` al-latif

`Abd al-Haqq Muhaddith Dihlawi, Ma thabata min al-sunna

Shah `Abd al-Rahim Dihlawi, al-Durr al-thamin

Shah Wali Allah Dihlawi, Fuyud al-haramayn

Mufti `Inayat Allah Kakurawi, Tarikh Habib Allah

Mufti Muhammad Mazhar Allah Dihlawi, Fatawa mazhari

Mulla `Ali al-Qari, al-Mawrid al-rawi fi Mawlid al-nabi.

Haji Imdad Allah Muhajir Makki, Shama'im imdadiyya

Muhaddith `Abd al-Hayy al-Lucknawi, Fatawa `Abd al-Hayy

Malikis:

Hafiz Ibn Dihya al-Kalbi, al-Tanwir fi mawlid al-bashir al-nadhir

Imam al-Turtushi, Kitab al-hawadith wa al-bida` (indirectly)

Imam al-Faqih Abu al-Tayyib Muhammad ibn Ibrahim al-Sabti (d. 695), as quoted by al-Adfawi in Suyuti's Husn al-maqsid Abu `Abd Allah Sayyidi Muhammad ibn `Abbad al-Nafzi, al-Rasa'il al-kubra

Shaykh Jalal al-Din al-Kattani, Rawdat al-Jannat fi Mawlid khatim al-risalat, also quoted in Sakhawi's Subul al-huda

Shaykh Nasir al-Din ibn al-Tabbakh, quoted in Sakhawi's Subul al-huda

Shaykh Muhammad ibn `Alawi al-Makki, al-Ihtifal bi dhikra al-mawlid

Shafi`is:

Hafiz Abu Shama, al-Ba`ith `ala inkar al-bida` wa al-hawadith

Hafiz Shams al-Din al-Jazari, `Urf al-ta`rif bi al-mawlid ash-Sharif.

Hafiz Shams al-Din ibn Nasir al-Din al-Dimashqi, al-Mawrid al-sadi fi mawlid al-hadi; Jami` al-athar fi mawlid al-nabi al-mukhtar; al-lafz al-ra'iq fi mawlid khayr al-khala'iq

Hafiz Zayn al-Din al-`Iraqi, al-Mawrid al-hani fi al-mawlid al-saniHafiz al-Dhahabi, Siyar a`lam al-nubala' (indirectly)

Hafiz Ibn Kathir, Kitab Mawlid an-Nabi, and al-Bidaya p. 272-273.

Hafiz Ibn Hajar al-`Asqalani, as quoted by Suyuti in al-Hawi.

Qastallani, al-Mawahib al-laduniyya

Hafiz al-Sakhawi, Subul al-huda, also quoted in Qari, al-Mawrid al-rawi

Imam Ibn Hajar al-Haytami, Fatawa hadithiyya; al-Ni`mat al-kubra `ala al-`alam fi mawlid sayyid waladi Adam; Tahrir al-kalam fi al-qiyam `inda dhikr mawlid sayyid al-anam; Tuhfat al-akhyar fi mawlid al-mukhtar

Hafiz Wajih al-Din `Abd al-Rahman al-Zabidi al-Dayba` (d. 944), Kitab al-mawlid.

Zahir al-Din Ja`far al-Misri, quoted in Sakhawi's Subul al-huda

Muhammad ibn Yusuf al-Salihi ash-Shami, quoted in Sakhawi's Subul al-huda

Kamal al-Din al-Adfawi, al-Tali` al-sa`id

Hafiz al-Suyuti, Husn al-Maqsid fi `amal al-Mawlid in his al-Hawi li al-fatawi al-Zarqani, Sharh al-mawahib

Abu Zur`a al-`Iraqi, as quoted in Muhammad ibn Siddiq al-Ghumari's Tashnif al-adhan

Would you like opposing Salafi fatwas also?

We shouldn't celebrate Milad on 12th because those goddamn sunnis celebrated Hussain's martyrdom on 10th Muharram. Its wajib upon us not to associate ourselves with these sunnis and stay away from them. Besides, Prophet was born on 17th Rabiul Awwal in the first place.

(wasalam)

We shouldn't celebrate Milad on 12th because those goddamn sunnis celebrated Hussain's martyrdom on 10th Muharram. Its wajib upon us not to associate ourselves with these sunnis and stay away from them. Besides, Prophet was born on 17th Rabiul Awwal in the first place.

(wasalam)

Not all Sunnis celebrate On 10th Moharram. I have Sunni friends who participate in Ashura with us in mourning. I too participate in Miladun Nabi. By this way, we can corner the Wahabis.

^Yes I would like the Salafi fatwas too. umm what exactly is what you posted? :unsure:

PM

(wasalam)

WaSalaam.

Some Shia scholars say 12 as well.

Also, you are confusing Sunni with Nasibi.

Milad is encouraged by our own scholars.

Hassan.

Chapter 8

Is it an Innovation to Commemorate the Birth and Death Anniversaries of Awliya Allah?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wahhabis consider the honouring of birth and death anniversaries of awliya and divine personalities to be forbidden and an innovation. They are the staunch enemies of the awliya Allah and religious leadrs and consider the gatherings on their birth and death anniversaries to be (haram) prohibited.

Muhammad Hamid al-Faqi, the leader of group ‘Ansar al-Sunnat al-Muhammadiyya’ in his footnotes to his book al-Fath al-Majid writes:

“Remembering and celebrating on the days of birth and death of awliya amounts to one kind of worshipping them and respecting before them”. [1]

The root of all their mistakes is that because they have not determined any limit and margin for polytheism (shirk), tawhid and specially the meaning of 'ibada, they think that every kind of respect and honour is worship. As you must have noticed, he has brought the word of 'ibada and homage close to each other and imagines that both give the same meaning.

In the one of next chapters, we shall explain the meaning of 'ibada and clearly prove that every honour and respect to the virtuous servants of God with the intention that they are the ‘servants’ of Allah, does not result in their worship at all. Therefore, we shall examine this discussion from another angle (not polytheism in 'ibada).

Undoubtedly, Qur’an has repeatedly praised the Prophets and awliya with eloquent and rhetorical words.

About Zakaria, Yahya and others the Qur’an says:

“Surely they used to hasten, one with another, in deeds of goodness and to call upon Us, hoping and fearing, and they were humble before Us.” (al-'Anbiya: 90) .

Now, if in a gathering which is held under their name, someone portrays them in a similar manner which has come down in the contents of this verse and by this way honours them, has he done anything other than obeying the Holy Qur’an?

About the household of the Prophet, Allah (swt) says:

"And they give food out of love for Him to the poor and the orphan and the captive." (Dahr: 8)

Now if the followers of Ali come together on the birthday of Amir al-mu'minin and say that Ali is one who used to give his own food to the poor, orphan and the captive, have they by this act worshipped him!?

If on the birthday of the Holy Prophet (s) we translate the verse which praises the Prophet into a non-Arabic language or write a poem on a tablet and recite it in a gathering, have we committed a forbidden action!?

They are having enmity with the matter of honouring the Holy Prophet (s) and awilya Allah that they wish to stop this under the pretext of fight against innovation.

At this stage a question is brought up to which the loud-speakers amongst the Wahhabis lay great emphasis and it is this: ‘Since these assemblies and gatherings are held under the name of religion and are labelled as Islamic, they should be approved specifically and generally by the Islamic rules. Otherwise it would be innovation (bid’at) and forbidden (haram).

The reply to this question is quite clear because the verses of Qur’an that draw our attention to the necessisty of honouring the Prophet is sufficient in this case and these kinds of gatherings are not held for any reason other than respecting the awliya Allah. That thing is considered to be ‘innovation’ which is not approved specifically or generally by Qur’an or the Sunnah of the Holy Prophet.

The purpose of these honourings which is common amongst all the nations of the world is nothing but paying respect and homage and this practise is common among all the Muslims of the world except for these handful of dry wahhabi ‘Najdis’. If it was innovation and something new and not confirming with the general Islamic principles, it was impossible that the Islamic scholars would celebrate the birthday of the Holy Prophet (s) and make splendid such gatherings by reading scholarly monographs and reciting sweet and elegant poems.

Here are some logical reasonings from Qur’an permitting such respect and honourings:

First Proof

The Holy Qur’an praises that group of people who honour the Holy Prophet (s):

“So (as for) those who believe in him and honour him and help him, and follow the light which has been sent down with him, these it is that are the successful.” (A'raf: 157)

The words which have appeared in this verse comprises of:

Is it possible for one to think that the words ,and are confined to the period of the Holy Prophet? Certainly not! If such a probability cannot be given about these three words, the word of which gives the meaning of honour and respect [2] cannot be assigned to the period of the Holy Prophet (s) and thus this sublime leader should be respected and honoured at all times.

Is it not that arranging memorial gathering on the day of bi'that and birth of the Holy Prophet (s) and delivering speeches and poems on such occasions clear evidence to ?

Surprisingly, the Wahhabis pay homage and respect their own tribal leaders and rulers and honour even one ordinary person such that observing one hundredth of that with regard to the Holy Prophet (s), his pulpit and alter is considered to be innovation and anti-Islamic by them. As a result they introduce Islam to the world as one dry religion lacking any sentiments and affections and think that the shari'a which is in fact simple and easy, matching with the human nature and feeling and generous enough to attract the people is a dry "shari'a" which does not consider the respect of divine leaders to be of any significance and does not possess the ability to attract the people of the world.

Second Proof

What do the Wahhabis who oppose any kind of mourning ceremonies for the martyrs in the way of Allah have to say about the story of Ya'qub ('a)? If today, this great Prophet was living amongst these Najdis and the followers of Muhammad bin ’Abd al-Wahhab how would have they judged him?

Day and night he was weeping for his separation from Yusuf and all the time he was asking the people about the whereabouts of his beloved son. He was so much sorrowful by the separation of his son that he lost his eye-sight. [3]

Sickness and loss of eye-sight did not deter Ya’kub (‘a) from forgetting his son Yusuf (‘a). Instead, as the promise of re-union was drawing closer the flames of love towards his son increased manifold and he could smell Yusuf miles away. [4]

And instead of the star (Yusuf) pursuing the sun (Ya'qub ('a)) it was vice -versa.

Why expression of such affection during the life of the loved one (i.e. Yusuf) is correct and confirms to Tawhid but after his death when the heart becomes more prone to pain and suffering it amounts to polytheism and becomes forbidden?

Now if the Ya'qubs of our time gather together every year on the death anniversary of their Yusufs and speak about the value of his moral qualities due to which they start crying, will such an act amount to worshipping of their sons!? [5]

Third Proof

Undoubtedly, (love towards kinship) is one of the Islamic obligations which Qur’an explicitly commends us towards it. Now, after fourteen centuries if someone wishes to act upon the religious obligations then what should we do? Is it not that he should rejoice on their joyous days and become sorrowful on the days of their grief and sorrow?

Now, for expressing one's own pleasure, if someone holds a gathering wherein he reveals their historical life and sacrifices and describes their innocence and their deprivation from their rightful claims then, has he done anything other than expressing his affection and manifesting mawadda dhawi'l qurba? ()

If, for showing more affection, such a person visits their progeny and comes near their graves and holds such gatherings near their graves then, has he in the eyes of the wise and intelligent people, done anything other than manifesting his love and affection!?

Except that the Wahhabis may say: Such love and affection should be kept secret and confined to the heart and no one has the right to manifest and express them (openly).

During the time of the Holy Prophet (s) and the period after him which was the period of change of thoughts and beliefs, different tribes and nations with different cultures and customs were turning towards Islam and by reciting the shahadatayn (creed) their Islam was accepted. The position of Prophet and the leaders was never to investigate, censor (by establishing the ‘section for scrutinizing of beliefs’) than dissolve the entire rites and customs of the nations and tribes and bring them out in another form different from the previous ones.

Respect of leaders, establishing memorial ceremonies, attending the graves and expressing love for their signs and traces was and is the custom of all nations and tribes. At present too, the people of East and West stand for hours in que waiting to pay visit to the mummified bodies and graves of ancient leaders in order to express their love and shed tears in their grief. They consider this to be one way for expressing respect and honour.

It was never seen that the Holy Prophet (s) would accept the Islam of people only after investigating their beliefs and examining their practises and customs in practical life. Instead, expressing the ‘Shahadatain’ was enough for him. If these practices and customs were forbidden and or amounted to worshiping the ancestors, then it was necessary to accept the Islam of nations and tribes (only) after taking allegiance and promise from them about their exoneration (of such practices) while such was never the case.

Fourth Proof:

We see Isa (‘a) asks for table (with food) from the Almighty Allah and introduces the day of its descension as the day of celebration and says:

“O Allah, our lord! send down to us food from heaven which should be to us an ever-recurring happiness, to the first of us and the last of us, and a sign from Thee, and grant us means of subsistence, and Thou art the best of the Providers.” (Maida: 114)

Is the value of the Holy Prophet's existence lesser than one heavenly table which Isa (‘a) declares the day of its descension to be the day of ‘Eid’. If such a day is declared to be the day of ‘Eid’ because of the table being a divine sign, then is not the Holy Prophet (s) the greatest divine sign!?

Woe to those who are ready to celebrate the day of descension of one heavenly table that feeds the stomachs but ignore and label as innovation, the celebration of the day of descension of Qur’an and the day of appointment (bi’that) of Prophet who blessed the minds of human beings with perfection of thought over the period of history !

Fifth Proof:

The Qur’an says:

“And exalted for you your esteem”? (Inshiraah: 4)

Is it that arranging gatherings for celebrating the days of birth of the Holy Prophet (s) having any purpose other than elevating his name and fame! Why in this case we should not follow the Qur’an? Is not Qur’an an example and the best model for us?

Notes:

[1] al-Fath al-Majid, page 154. At this time when these pages and papers are being composed, and in the entire Islamic countries celebrations are being held on the occasion of the birth of the Holy Prophet, the Mufti of the House of Sa’ud, Bin Baz has declared as forbidden and innovation any kind of respect for the birthday of the Holy Prophet (s). But the same person addressed King Faisal al-Sa’ud during his reign as ‘Amir al-mu'minin’ and this action was biting and shocking to the extent that the king too understood and excused for accepting this title.

[2] Refer to al-Raghib, Mufradat al-Raghib, under " ' dh r".

[3] Sura Yusuf: 84.

[4] Sura Yusuf verse: 94.

[5] Moreover, reliable traditions have come down from the Infallibles about holding of mourning ceremonies and in this connection, Allama al-'Amini has collected in one chapter of his book titled: all the traditions from Sunni books

TAKEN FROM:Wahhabism

by

Ayatullah Ja'far Subhani

instead of looking at pakistan and looking at the four madhabs why dont you just look at the sunnah - do not constantly look at what the four imams say rather look at what our imam - the prophet Muhammad (pbuh).

The prophet lived for 63 years - and only had the relevation for 23 years - and in not a single birthday of his did he celebrate his birthday - even after he died not a single companion celebtarted his birthday. This should be a clear enough answer for anyone - also we see the hadith where the prophet says "Do not over excerssively praise me as the christians over excessively praised Eesa ibn Murriam" We also see the hadith where the prophet said "There are only three festivals in this religion of ours - Eid al - Adha Eid al Fitra and the friday prayer" - he never mentioned mildad nabhi or did he ever mention 10th muharram - so the previous long post did not state a single proof from quran or sunnah where Allah or his messenger told us specifically to celebrate his birthday on this day - yes of course we celcebrate his life but we do this all year rpund rememebring his life reading great hadith of his life and practising our lifes based on his

just to finish i know many shias and sufi's here will probably ignore what i am saying but i just want to touch in this amazing prophecy which the prophet prophecised in his hadith - and it is totally amazing that the prophet knew that this will one day come true

the prophet (May Allahs peace and blessings be upon him) said "A time will come (referring to the end times) when the muslims will follow the christians and the jews so much to the extent that if they were to crawl into a lizard hole you will follow them into the hole as well" SUBHANALLAH

toay the christians celebrate christmas and the muslims celebreate milad an-nabhi and 10th muharram

today the chruistains and the jews cretae shrines over their deceased- and today the sufis and the shias build shrines over their deceased - even though the prophet used to send Ali every friday to level the gravestones (meaning if he saw a grave stone too high he will demolish it

today the christaisn have rosemary beads - today some muslims use tasbhi

today the christans wear a cross around their neck for good luck - some muslims wear tawheez for "good luck" or to save them fro shaitan

there are so many more as well

(salam)

Look at the issue of Tawassul, it wasn't even an issue until these Wahabis started their propaganda against it.

It was a 'mainly' (not entirely) a fiqhi issue before the 'wahabis'

There are Sunni scholars in Pakistan for example who openly curse both Shias and Wahabis

Wassalam

They curse insulters of Rasul Allah sallallaho 'alayhe wa aaalihi wa sallam, and they curse the rawafiD, insulters of the saHaba, and they curse the nawasib, insulters of the ahl al-bayt al-athaar. They don't curse the ignorant wahabi or the ignorant 'shi'a'

Not all Sunnis celebrate On 10th Moharram. I have Sunni friends who participate in Ashura with us in mourning. I too participate in Miladun Nabi. By this way, we can corner the Wahabis.

Among the Sunni Schools of Fiqh, it is HARAAM to mourn on muharram. For example, since Pakistani Sunnis are mostly Hanafi, they should know that in the Hanafi madhab, it is HARAAM to mourn in muharram.

If Sunnis celebrate on 'Ashura, then it is for the triumph of Sayyiduna Imam al-Husayn radiallahu 'anhu, may Allah raise his maqam even further

Edited by Sijistani

Among the Sunni Schools of Fiqh, it is HARAAM to mourn on muharram. For example, since Pakistani Sunnis are mostly Hanafi, they should know that in the Hanafi madhab, it is HARAAM to mourn in muharram.

If Sunnis celebrate on 'Ashura, then it is for the triumph of Sayyiduna Imam al-Husayn radiallahu 'anhu, may Allah raise his maqam even further

So is Dr. Muhammad Tahir ul-Qadri , Shaykh ul Islam, a prominent hanafi Sunni and his large group in Pakistan doing haram?

The prophet lived for 63 years - and only had the relevation for 23 years - and in not a single birthday of his did he celebrate his birthday - even after he died not a single companion celebtarted his birthday.

How do you know he never celebrated his birthday? Has he said so? I know you have ahadith saying we shouldn't mourn for more than three days but I've yet to come across a Sunni hadith saying never celebrate a birthday. I'm not talking about Eid, I'm talking about an occasion of joy and celebration.

Lets define celebrate pls .

IF you calling it reading the Quran , Praising Allah , sending salams and salat to the prophet (pbuh)+ reading his Sirah nabawiah and reciting poetry having a meal all round the year not only on the 12th or 17th of Rabea3 al awal then whats wrong with that ?

where is the Bidah ?

That makes a lot of them sinners then.......a LOT.

Lets define celebrate pls .

IF you calling it reading the Quran , Praising Allah , sending salams and salat to the prophet (pbuh)+ reading his Sirah nabawiah and reciting poetry having a meal all round the year not only on the 12th or 17th of Rabea3 al awal then whats wrong with that ?

where is the Bidah ?

Bro this is the point that Sunnis/Shias raise, no point arguing with them.

Going by that logic, websites about Islam (Where only good things are done), are also bida, did the Prophet (saw) use the net?

Did he talk about Islam on the net? Is there a hadith? And so forth....

Edited by Hassan2jz

That makes a lot of them sinners then.......a LOT.

Bro this is the point that Sunnis/Shias raise, no point arguing with them.

Going by that logic, websites about Islam (Where only good things are done), are also bida, did the Prophet (saw) use the net?

Did he talk about Islam on the net? Is there a hadith? And so forth....

Used this argument before they say "that's the duniya" and say the celebrating his birthday is an unprecedented form of 'ibadah and therefore a bidda' cause we are creating a new form of worship

I would like a good way to explain to a salafiyy/wahabi how this is incorrect and it is okay to celebrate Rasoolullah [sawaw]'s birthday and mourn for his shahadat.

salam,

why dont you simply ask both groups for proof? the wahabis will tend to say "there is no evidence" sunnis will give you proof.

the act of milaad is mustuhab the word "habb" mean love, any act which you do out of love is permissible as long its not shirk. the wahabis call us mushriks but how can we assocaite partners with Allah swt when prophet muhammad pbuh was "born" and he had a mother and father?? so milaad is anti-shirk not shirk.

when the wahabis claim that celebrating milaad is bidah,shirk etc they need to back there claim with evidence if they dont they cant make claims like this.

the reason why we pray juma on a friday in mosque is because it was the day when Allah created hazrat adam so we in fact get together and celebrate prophet adams bday once every week on a friday. so why cannot we celebrate prophet muhammads who is the mighty mesenger of them all?

there is numerous evidence which proves the legality for milaad refer to tahir ul qadris lectures on youtube just type in milaad by dr tahir ul qadri in search box and you will get many evidences from hadith etc.

as for your friend it is possible for them to love ahlebaith and not celebrate milaad and not belong to a particular group, but only when "they start picking and choosing" what they want to believe and what they dont.

waslam