http://www.abubakr.org

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,403 posts
  • Religion:True Shia Twelver Islam

Posted 25 February 2009 - 12:15 PM

(salam)

(bimsillah)

I pay my tribute to great commander of the army of Hazrat Ameer Mukhtar (ra) who brought the murderers of Imam Hussain (as) to justice and took revenge from them. I am surprised that there is no enough material available on net about this great personality of Islamic History. We must remember these great warriors and educate the people about them. May Allah raise His status in paradise.

#2 Aabiss_Shakari

Aabiss_Shakari

http://www.abubakr.org

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,403 posts
  • Religion:True Shia Twelver Islam

Posted 26 February 2009 - 02:24 PM

People have nothing to share about this great warrior?

#3 Socrates

Socrates

Islam is Qur'an and Ahlul Bayt (as)

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,771 posts
  • Religion:Shi'a Imamiyyah
  • Interests:Tawalla and Tabarra

Posted 26 February 2009 - 02:57 PM

There's a book on Mukhtar by Dr M H Datoo which has some detail about him.

#4 imtiaz_ali37

imtiaz_ali37
  • Basic Members
  • 32 posts
  • Religion:Islam

Posted 05 July 2011 - 04:50 AM

[quote name='Socrates' timestamp='1235678256' post='1841123']
There's a book on Mukhtar by Dr M H Datoo which has some detail about him.
[/quote]
Will You please tell me what is full name of M.H Datoo?
and in which language his book Mukhtar is written?

#5 Socrates

Socrates

Islam is Qur'an and Ahlul Bayt (as)

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,771 posts
  • Religion:Shi'a Imamiyyah
  • Interests:Tawalla and Tabarra

Posted 05 July 2011 - 05:07 AM

Will You please tell me what is full name of M.H Datoo?
and in which language his book Mukhtar is written?[/size][/font]

Mahmood Husain Datoo. The book is in English.

#6 Basim Ali

Basim Ali

Unity - in all walks of life

• Mods
  • 4,688 posts
  • Interests:Servitude of my Lord and the closest ones to Him

Posted 05 July 2011 - 05:15 AM

When I visited Bahrain, I was told Ibrahim ibn Malik al Ashtar is buried there but his burial place is not open to public.

#7 Maula Dha Mallang

Maula Dha Mallang

Resident Wahabbi Vermin Slayer At Your Service

• Banned
  • 13,007 posts
  • Location:The Depths of Usoolis Worst Nightmares and Insecurities
  • Religion:my religion is nothing but love and hate in equal measure
  • Interests:Never break anyones heart
    your Rabb lives there

Posted 05 July 2011 - 05:54 AM

When I visited Bahrain, I was told Ibrahim ibn Malik al Ashtar is buried there but his burial place is not open to public.

why wouldnt it be? because of "grave worshipping"?

#8 Basim Ali

Basim Ali

Unity - in all walks of life

• Mods
  • 4,688 posts
  • Interests:Servitude of my Lord and the closest ones to Him

Posted 05 July 2011 - 06:20 AM

why wouldnt it be? because of "grave worshipping"?

Bullseye.

Also, my guesses include: perhaps as a political tactic to discourage the Shia majority in the country and making sure they know who's boss, and maybe funding from the Saudi neighbor to do so.

It's just what the people there believe, though. He could be or could not be buried there. I have also read he is buried in al-Dujayl, Iraq.

wa (salam)

#9 Shieflower

Shieflower

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,282 posts
  • Religion:Shia Islam

Posted 05 July 2011 - 07:22 AM

(bismillah) (salam)
I recommend everybody to see the movie : Mukhtar nameh.
http://www.shiasource.com/drive/
Search under drive - iranian serials - mukhar narrative.
You can see one by one episode.

Ibrahim Bin Malik al Ashtar can be found in many episodes.

#10 siraatoaliyinhaqqun

siraatoaliyinhaqqun

Abd Ali

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,618 posts
  • Religion:12 Aimma masomeen a.s
  • Interests:Loving Mohammad wa Aale Mohammad

Posted 05 July 2011 - 09:20 AM

^^^

I have watched all the episodes uploaded. Is ibrahim going to change his mind or continue to stay in Mosul?

Does anyone know?

#11 Nader Zaveri

Nader Zaveri

• Mods
  • 2,668 posts
  • Interests:http://www.revivingalislam.com/

Posted 05 July 2011 - 11:26 PM

(salam)
(bismillah)

In Shee`ah books very little, if nothing, is said about him.

(salam)

#12 Gypsy

Gypsy

Hal Min Nasirin Yansurna

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,509 posts
  • Interests:Exposing hypocrisy and double standards.

Posted 05 July 2011 - 11:48 PM

(salam)
I am a little bit confused here. Are talking about Mukhtar or Ibrahim ibn Malik al Ashtar?

BTW, there is an Iranian movie about Mukhtar.

#13 Imtiaz_Hyder

Imtiaz_Hyder

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 164 posts
  • Religion:Islam(Shia-e-Ali)

Posted 06 July 2011 - 12:01 AM

(salam)

(salam)
I am a little bit confused here. Are talking about Mukhtar or Ibrahim ibn Malik al Ashtar?

BTW, there is an Iranian movie about Mukhtar.

Actually Hazrat Ibrahim ibn Malik Ashtar was the army commander of Hazrat Mukhtar and was as fearless as his father.
He killed many of the enemies and oppressors who were involved in the martrydom of Hazrat Imam Hussain (as)

I read this in a book (in urdu probably) on Hazrat Mukhtar which has a lot of details about the heroics of Hazrat Ibrahim

(wasalam)

#14 Nimra

Nimra

Nimra

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,993 posts
  • Interests:Philosophy & Psychology

Posted 06 July 2011 - 07:50 PM

^^^

I have watched all the episodes uploaded. Is ibrahim going to change his mind or continue to stay in Mosul?

Does anyone know?

I dont know what happens eventually to Ibrahim and what makes him change his mind but he stops supporting Mukhtar from then on.

Initially he was life of Qiam but later on stops his support.

Allah knows best the reason.

#15 imtiaz_ali37

imtiaz_ali37
  • Basic Members
  • 32 posts
  • Religion:Islam

Posted 13 July 2011 - 07:09 AM

Mahmood Husain Datoo. The book is in English.

thanks

#16 twoblade

twoblade

• Advanced Members
  • PipPip
  • 292 posts
  • Religion:Not Imami

Posted 13 July 2011 - 07:20 AM

As their any sayings attributed to Aimah ÑÖí Çááøå ÚÜäÜå about these men? Where was Mukhtar when Husayn was actually killed?

#17 Something Given

Something Given

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 104 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 07:34 AM

As their any sayings attributed to Aimah ÑÖí Çááøå ÚÜäÜå about these men? Where was Mukhtar when Husayn was actually killed?

With regards to Mukhtar, you can search the forum as the ahadith have been posted before. As I understand, he had just been imprisoned in Kufa by Ibn Ziyad.

#18 AlgerianShia

AlgerianShia

• Advanced Members
  • PipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 08:49 PM

Y did Ibrahim ibn Malik ashtar betray mukhtar thagafi?

#19 -SeeKeR-

-SeeKeR-

Wackistani

• Unregistered
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,297 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 04:10 AM

I am not sure what sources were used to narrate the story in the series BUT in the book i was reading it was stated that Ibrahim(ra) was clueless about the whole deal and Mukhtar(ra) tried to send a message to him in vain. When Ibrahim(ra) heard the rumors he started back towards kufa to help but it was too late.

#20 AlgerianShia

AlgerianShia

• Advanced Members
  • PipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 01:45 PM

eh....., seems kind of far fetched that ibrahim wouldnt know anything at all of wats goin on seeing how mukhtar was defeated in a battle and then sieged for months. and NO news reached the whole time

#21 siraatoaliyinhaqqun

siraatoaliyinhaqqun

Abd Ali

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,618 posts
  • Religion:12 Aimma masomeen a.s
  • Interests:Loving Mohammad wa Aale Mohammad

Posted 24 September 2011 - 04:26 PM

eh....., seems kind of far fetched that ibrahim wouldnt know anything at all of wats goin on seeing how mukhtar was defeated in a battle and then sieged for months. and NO news reached the whole time

They showed in the serial that mukhtar r.a was sending letters and the ibn zubair's army was sending him letters in the name of mukhtar r.a too which were harsh. It was too late for him to make out which ones are from whom, so he was a bit angry but realised it too late.

Couldn't find much of this details in books personally

#22 -SeeKeR-

-SeeKeR-

Wackistani

• Unregistered
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,297 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 06:28 AM

I am not sure how authentic that time frame is(the one given in the series). In the book, it doesn't mention such a long time. Ibrahim(ra) was a brave and courageous man in his own right. I dont know why he is shown with a question mark in the series.

If the distance between mosul and kufa is almost 500 km, and a horse covers 60 km per day, you can imagine it might take a week or so to get the message across. Then whose to say the message is not lost, or someone might have stopped the messenger. Unless there are confirmed sources, we can't really question the intentions of Ibrahim(ra).

#23 Darth Vader

Darth Vader

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,424 posts
  • Interests:Tabarra.

Posted 27 September 2011 - 03:29 PM

Ibrahim bin Malik Al-Nakhaee (Nakhaee due to the name of his tribe) was the right hand man and general of Ameer Mukhtar. He was a very skilled fighter and leader, following in the footsteps of his father Malik Al-Ashtar. Just like Mukhtar, he had the honor of friendship with Imam Ali's (as) son Muhammad Al-Hanfia (ra) and the rest of the Bani Hashim. And similarly, they were rivaled by Abdullah ibn Zubair (la) and the scumbags in Syria and their hordes. I will share one of his most epic battles here.

Once upon a time a scout came to Mukhtar and told him that a Syrian army 100,000 strong was approaching the city of Kufa to besiege it. Mukhtar had less than 15,000 fighters in total and it was a critical situation. Ibrahim came up with a plan. He told Mukhtar to retreat and barricade inside the governmental qasr (a fortified keep like that of a castle). He left a few thousand men with Mukhtar and took the rest outside the city and camped in a secret place. Then he rode off to scout, all alone, and reached the enemy's camp near Kufa. He introduced himself as a local and met with their commanders confidently. Suddenly he noticed a very notorious nasibi general (ibn Umar or Umar ibn something) who had just come to join the army. Ibrahim's scouting mission was complete so he hurriedly said farewell to the commanders and left. The nasibi general had recognized Ibrahim so he asked the commanders: "Did you even know that man was Ibrahim ibn Malik?" So the commander Umar took some riders after Ibrahim. By that time, Ibrahim had reached wilderness where he could hide and knew he was being followed. He climbed upon a lone, big tree and hid in its branches. Coincidentally the pursuers stopped under that tree and Umar barked orders to his men to spread and keep searching, and himself dismounted to rest under that tree. Ibrahim leaped down from the tree with a knife and dispatched Umar to hell, took his horse and rode back to his army camp. He sent word to Mukhtar and told him that the enemy would enter Kufa the next day.

The enemy army found Kufa defenseless and entered inside to find the qasr barricaded and defended. Kufa's small streets were jam-packed with nasibi soldiers. This was the strategical advantage Ibrahim and Mukhtar wanted as they had few numbers to overcome the 100,000 strong horde in open field. Ibrahim entered the city with his army from the back and Mukhtar valiantly emerged from the qasr for a battle and a very fierce slaughter of the nawasib ensured in the streets of Kufa. Within a few hours, tends of thousands of nawasib were sent to hell with a few hundred casualties on Mukhtar's side. The rest of the nawasib fled Kufa but were pursued by Ibrahim who killed them like dogs and less than half of that army made it back to Syria.

#24 Syed.Dynasty

Syed.Dynasty

• Advanced Members
  • PipPip
  • 222 posts
  • Religion:Shia Muslim Ithna Asheri
  • Interests:Then those who reject Faith in the Ayatollahi will suffer the severest penalty,... (3:4)

Posted 20 February 2012 - 03:23 PM

what happened to the zoberiyan after Mukhtar died and Ibn Malik Ishtar came to Kufa?

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users