#1 Bliss

Bliss

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 124 posts
  • Religion:Shia Fiqa e Jafferiya

Posted 29 January 2009 - 10:38 AM

Please Help.

I apologise if this is in the wrong forum. I am just hoping that it will reach someone who can help rather urgently.

I need the names of these herbs /flowers/leaves and one is in powder form, please could someone give me the names in English so I can try to obtain them from an English Herblist.

Or if you are able to give me the name of an ethnic herbalist in CEntral to West ish london preferable or else within the M25 or ELSE about an hour or so drive out of London.

Or available by post from any where I guess.

I would just like the herbs as soon as possible as I said above the matter is urgent and quite serious.

The names I have been give are below:

1. Khashbulward
2. Sheqaqul Mishk
3. Amber
4. Barggawozaban
5. Hilteet - this is in powder form

The above words could be in any language from Urdu Arabic or Farsi.

May the person(s) who help be rewarded in the world with all that they might wish for and with the best place in heavan for themselves and all their loved ones by the intercession of the 14 Infallibles to Allah SWT.

Edited by Bliss, 29 January 2009 - 11:07 AM.

#2 *~* Malika *~*

*~* Malika *~*

Ya Fatima AlZahraa ...

• Advanced Members
  • PipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 11:12 AM

(salam)

Herbs and Medicinal plants are my subject of interest.

1. Gule gav zaban or Barggawozaban as you've quoted.
Posted Image

Borage officinalis
wikipedia

I will try to post more about the other herbs as soon as I figure out what you've cited.

salam.

#3 *~* Malika *~*

*~* Malika *~*

Ya Fatima AlZahraa ...

• Advanced Members
  • PipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 11:25 AM

(salam)

Amber also called as St. Johns Wart
Posted Image

used to treat neuralgia (weak nerves), anxiety, neurosis & depression. Also sometimes used to treat wounds, bruises and shingles.

Botanical Name/Family:
Hypericum perforatum

mainly the aerial parts of the herb is used, i.e. the flowering tops.

#4 *~* Malika *~*

*~* Malika *~*

Ya Fatima AlZahraa ...

• Advanced Members
  • PipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 11:40 AM

Hilteet - this is in powder form

Botanical Name/Family: Ferula assa-foetida
info

Herbal Properties: Antispasmodic, carminative, expectorant, laxative, sedative

In addition to its uses:
* It has a sharp odour like garlic
* Anti convulsant action in some cases have been reported

Edited by *~* Malika *~*, 29 January 2009 - 11:55 AM.

#5 Zoya

Zoya

• Advanced Members
  • PipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 05:24 PM

Didn't realise you posted twice. From the other thread:

I only recognise the last one - its called Asafoetida. It has a bitter taste and is yellowy powder, sometimes used in Indian & Pakistani cooking. You can get it from any Asian shop / supermarket - the East End Brand or others even, esp Southall area (Just ask for Helteet or Hing - same thing). If used in cooking, don't use more than half a teaspoon.

Amber in resin form, I' think, is Amber in English too. Try a chinese shop for this. They have odd herbs and flowers.

If all fails and you can't find out what the common names translate to in English, find out the scientific names of these herbs - it should be easier then.

#6 FatimehJ

FatimehJ

• Unregistered
  • PipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 06:08 PM

Salam,

I am a qualified practitioner of Unani Tibb Eastern medicine.

I can send you details of an experienced Hakim in Leicester who may help you with treatment, but regarding the herbs you should really not be self administering unless you are a trained hakim or herbalist yourself.

All of these herbs will interact with other herbs, medicines and even foodstuffs to a lesser degree so you need knowledge of this.

Also not all herbs are suitable for all body types/mizaj, so please be careful.

I do not know the condition you are trying to treat, but you really need to have a hakim/hakima or herbalist take a look at you, assess your body type/mizaj, take your pulse etc.

I am not based anywhere near London, but as I said there is a well-established hakim in Leicester who you could visit as a patient if you wish for his details.

Allah hafez
Fatimeh

Please Help.

I apologise if this is in the wrong forum. I am just hoping that it will reach someone who can help rather urgently.

I need the names of these herbs /flowers/leaves and one is in powder form, please could someone give me the names in English so I can try to obtain them from an English Herblist.

Or if you are able to give me the name of an ethnic herbalist in CEntral to West ish london preferable or else within the M25 or ELSE about an hour or so drive out of London.

Or available by post from any where I guess.

I would just like the herbs as soon as possible as I said above the matter is urgent and quite serious.

The names I have been give are below:

1. Khashbulward
2. Sheqaqul Mishk
3. Amber
4. Barggawozaban
5. Hilteet - this is in powder form

The above words could be in any language from Urdu Arabic or Farsi.

May the person(s) who help be rewarded in the world with all that they might wish for and with the best place in heavan for themselves and all their loved ones by the intercession of the 14 Infallibles to Allah SWT.

#7 Bliss

Bliss

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 124 posts
  • Religion:Shia Fiqa e Jafferiya

Posted 30 January 2009 - 10:32 AM

(wasalam)

Malika and Zoya

Thank you for your assistance so far I was hopeful of getting help here and you have not failed me may Allah with the intercession of our 14 Infallibles bless you and your loved ones in this life and the next.

Oh and Zoya thanks for posting again and reminding me of the other post I will check that too.

Fatimeh

I will not be self administering but have been asked by an Alim to get hold of these I believe that they are for a "taweez" with dua and will be made into a small inch or so square parcel to be worn.

The Alim only has these names as they are and is not able to translate them in to English hence the problem with acquiring them here.

This is the information I have so far

3. Amber – St Johns Wart or also Amber in English could be obtained from a Chinese Herbalist
4. Barggawozaban – Borage officianalis
5. Hilteet - this is in powder form – assa-foetida or Hing - yes I know Hing

So now I would be most grateful to receive the English Names for the remaining items:

1. Khashbulward
2. Sheqaqul Mishk

Edited by Bliss, 30 January 2009 - 10:34 AM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users