Sign in to follow this  
shia thats it

Ghusl Janabat

Rate this topic

(salam)

As you can see i am a new member and although i have used the search engine in order to get an answer to my question, i still feel i'm left a lil confused so any advice would be helpful.

I would like to know wether ghusl janabat becomes obligotary if a woman, during or after sexual intercourse does not orgasm. I have asked many fellow women who like myslef are married, but have received some differnt views.

I have ofcourse read that Ayatollah Sistani says that the ghusl is wajib upon a woman after sexual intercourse but some say this only applies if she orgasms. So right now im not quite sure what to do, and i would like people to please help me out.

I hope i have posted this in the correct forum so i apologise in advance if not.

w.s

Salam alaykum,

Thanks for asking this Shia thats it - I have wondered about the specifics of this as well. According to Sistani (via the link posted by Simba), one must perform ghusl on two conditions: 1. intercourse and/or 2. discharge of semen. I'm wondering what exactly #2 means for women, as discharge is different from orgasm, and women don't have semen as men do. If a woman has an orgasm without intercourse, does she have to perform ghusl?

According to Seestani, orgasm or no orgasm, as soon as intercourse takes place both parties are in the stage of Janabat.

355. If a person has sexual intercourse with a woman and the male organ enters either of the private parts of the woman up to the point of circumcision or more, both of them enter Janabat, regardless of whether they are adults or minors and whether ejaculation takes place or not

http://www.al-islam.org/laws/ghusl.html#351

Edited by Shia & Proud

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Recent Posts on ShiaChat!

• The faces tell the truth, right have enjoyed and peaceful smile on their faces while those on the left have shaky faces with the hands on the light that certainly it is not the light of peace or  truth.
    • Thanks for your response just in a logical manner this means if your supposition is true that you are saying your prayers all of the prayers making the face towards black clothed Kaaba and these will all be  makrooh then? No my brother this supposition is not true.I do not consider it makrooh in any manner. wasalam
    • 30- I heard God’s Prophet (MGB) say, ‘My nation will be resurrected and become united on the Resurrection Day with five flags. The first flag which will come will be the flag of Muawiyah who is the Pharaoh of my nation. The second flag will be that of Amr ibn al-A'as who is the Sameri of the nation. The third flag will be that of Abu Musa Ash’ari who is like the Catholic Archbishop (Al-Jaseliq) of this nation. The fourth flag will be that of Abil A’oar al-Salmy. Yours will be the fifth flag under which all the believers will be gathered while you are their Leader. Then the Blessed the Sublime will tell those four groups: ‘Turn back and seek brightness.’ Then a wall will be erected in front of them which has a door. In it there is mercy who are my friends and followers. Then those who fought me along with the Kharajites , those who broke their pledge and the people misled from the straight path will knock at that door - that is the door of mercy being my followers. They will cry out, ‘Were we not we with you?’ They will reply, ‘Yes, you were. However, you deceived yourselves, you were hindered, you doubted and worldly aspirations deceived you until God's order (i.e. death) arrived and pride (i.e. Satan) deceived you. Today nothing will be accepted of you as recompense.’ Nothing will be accepted of those who rejected faith, either. Your place shall be in the Fire. It will be the place you shall turn to. What a bad destiny that is! Then my nation and my followers will come to drink and they get satiated from Muhammad's (MGB) Heavenly Pool . A cane will be in my hand made of boxthorn wood with which I drive God's enemies away just as people push others’ camels away from drinking water. 31- Indeed I heard God’s Prophet (MGB) say, “Were it not from the fear of what the Boasters might say about you similar to what the Christians say about Jesus -the son of Mary (MGB), I would have expressed one of your virtues and then anyone who passed by you would take a piece of the dirt from under your feet for healing.” 32- Indeed I heard God’s Prophet (MGB) say, “The Blessed the Sublime God helped me regarding fear of enemies. I asked God to help you in the same way in this regard.” 33- God’s Prophet (MGB) put his head to my ear and taught me whatever has been and whatever there will be up until the Resurrection Day. The Honorable the Exalted God has let me hear this from His Prophet’s (MGB) tongue. 34- When the Christians challenged the Prophet (MGB), the Honorable the Exalted God revealed the following in this regard, ‘If anyone disputes in this matter with thee, now after (full) knowledge Hath come to thee, say: "Come! let us gather together,- our sons and your sons, our women and your women, ourselves and yourselves: Then let us earnestly pray, and invoke the curse of Allah on those who lie!’[3:61] Here ‘ourselves’ referred to me as self of God’s Prophet (MGB) , ‘our women’ referred to Fatimah (MGB), ‘our sons’ referred to Al-Hassan (MGB) and Al-Hussein (MGB). Then the Christians felt sorry and asked God’s Prophet (MGB) to forgive them and he (MGB) forgave them. I swear by Him who revealed the Torah to Moses (MGB), and the Quran to  Muhammad (MGB) that they would have all been transmuted into monkeys and pigs, if they had engaged in invocation with us.” (To be continued.........)
    • Happy Thanksgiving!  Hope it’s a great one! (Mine is crap because I’m working today.)