Sign in to follow this  
Ibn al-Hussain

Matam - National Geographic

me too mashAllah, look at how we guard the alam with diamonds around... we have elephants running in the hood, wut now pakis

you guys cant touch our superior matam style

and look at those knives wah mashAllah

Edited by Hussain_Abbas

me too mashAllah, look at how we guard the alam with diamonds around... we have elephants running in the hood, wut now pakis

you guys cant touch our superior matam style and look at those knives wah mashAllah

Masha Allah Matami, jeo Azadaron..... Mola Salamat Rakhain :cry:

Muharram Jaloos (Karachi, Pakistan)

Aazan Mola Ali Akber a.s Ashura Morning Lahore, pakistan

Edited by Dr_Asad_77

:mad:

May the curse of Allah be upon the killers (la) of Imam Hussein ibn Ali (as), Ali Asghar (as) and Hadhrat Abbas Ibn Ali (as) and all those who died in the plains of Karbala, and curse those who humiliated our Bibi Zaynab (sa) as well as the rest of the family of our Imam (as) who lived, Allah I ask that the evil tyrants (la) be given not one single drop of mercy, for the crimes they committed upon Those (as) whom I love, and Those (as) whom You (awj) love the most, the Masumeen (as) You are All Justice, All Mighty.

May our lives be sacrificed for Them (as) and let not one single tear shed that is not shed for love of the Ahlul Bayt (as)

I never knew Imam Hussain (a.s) told you his view upon azadari.

It's a given. If your child went and smacked a helpless old lady across the face, even if he's not concious of his act due to his age, won't you as the parent feel embarrassed? And won't others know you're embarrassed?

OH HUSSAIN, I LOVE YOU MY IMAM, I LOVE YOU SO MUCH THAT THAT, OH I'M GOING TO BLEED, YEH, I'M GOING TO CUT MYSELF UP AND SLASH MY HEAD AND BACK AND MUTILATE MYSELF AND MAKE PEOPLE THINK THAT YOUR SHIA ARE SAVAGES, THAT IS ENOUGH PROOF THAT I AM A MAN AND THAT I LOVE YOU YES.

Give me a break. If someone wants to really prove their love, attempt to read zyarat warith every fajr for 6 months in a row or something, or pay half your wages to send some poor elderly person to hajj.

Imam Sadiq (as) "Be representatives of us, do not be a burden upon us."

brother, why not all of this? why not reading extra dua and saying all the nafl prayers and giving to the poor all you can as well as zanjeer?

I know someone who does the absolute best they can to be a shia of Ali a.s. yet also they do zanjeer (granted they do this at home, rather in a street), soley for love of Imam Hussein a.s.

I do not see any problem with this.

^ because the harm outweighs the benefits. What do you benefit from cutting yourself up? Closeness to the Imam? More religious? There are plenty of other ways to attain those without the negative baggage that comes with mutilating ones body and shaming Imam Hussain (as).

I do not see the shame, I have seen a couple arguments that it gives a bad impression of Islam but I am an ex-christian and seeing zanjeer and matam never made me think badly of those who do this in anyway, and it most certainly was not off-putting in my decision to follow our most perfect faith, to be honest I can fully understand someone doing this.

so, how is this somehow a shame?

I do not see the shame, I have seen a couple arguments that it gives a bad impression of Islam but I am an ex-christian and seeing zanjeer and matam never made me think badly of those who do this in anyway, and it most certainly was not off-putting in my decision to follow our most perfect faith, to be honest I can fully understand someone doing this.

so, how is this somehow a shame?

(salam)

Ya Ali Madad

Same here, I am also a convert to shi,ism (from a jewish background) and think that zanjir/tatbir is one of the most beutifull things anyone can do from there love

of Imam Hussein (a.s.) in fact its one of the things which brought me to shi,ism because after i became muslim i saw the tatbir mawakib on the TV ( after the downfall of

saddam (LA) in Iraq) This made me understand how important the event of Karbala was and i went and read about it as i did not know much about islamic history at all

at the time.

Another thing, so many on this board are saying things like "the marjas do not allow it" as if sayed khamenei and sayed fadlallah are the only maraja. For your information

my marja, sayed sadiq al-shirazi says tatbir/qama zani is very mustahab, whether in public or in private.

In my opinion, it is no shame, in fact it is a great honour to shed ones blood for love of Imam Hussein.

:yaali:

I feel insulted that these people are claiming to be shias.

They are hijacking the religion and turning it into some kind of hindu cult.

Also note, the lack of beards.

I feel insulted when i see ultra-nationalistic and racist people claiming to be shias.

Why is it that those who are anti-azadari always seem to be political extremists and often racist, especialy towards Indians and Pakistanis ?

People with these kinds of attitudes would be better off becoming wahhabi, there are no lack of beards among them.

loool they wonna die for Imam Hussain (as)? Show it in real life. Go fight in Palestine. Go get whipped in Israeli jails. Try getting pain inflicted on yourself completely at the mercy of the enemy.

Good point.

Also note how its always in public with their shirts off. Looks like they are trying to impress their own community rather than do a decent deed.

^^^

no its not always in public, I know someone who does this inside their house when no one is around.

some people do it because they love their Imam (as).

Imam Hussein shed His blood and gave His (as) life for us, so we could have the right to call ourselves shia today, if Imam Hussein can do that for us whats a few cuts for Him a.s.?

imam shed his blood in battle...they should do the same if they want to so bad

wouldn we of had the right to cal ourselves shia anyway?? cause we beleive imam ali should of bin khalif...no mater wat

a few cuts??

they cut themselvs wen and til its good for them to do so...when it gets seirous, cry lik [Edited Out]es n need medical attention......pfffffffft

y dn they use the miracle of husayn to get em outa medical treatment?

i feel sick...i had to stop drinkn my protein shake...puddle of najis blood.........beatin ur chest with an inovative blade between ur fingers?? nice...we not alowed to use foreign objects for certain things lol but for this....ye no worries....imam wil apreciate us buyin blades to put between our fingers....get a life u scum bags

go train urslves to b soldiers so wen ur kids can tc of the family u can go to afghanistan n fight the opresors n do somthn useful with ur blood

Salaam,

i remember in one of the battles Rasoolallah's teeth broked and this news reached a believer Ovais e Karni who in prophets love broke all of his teeth. tht was harmfull too but it was nt a sin bcos he did out of love. so if we cut and shed our blood out of love for imam husain as , i dont think thts shame or bad. imam husain as and his fly has shed more blood than all of those shias together do. just bcos they do in public tht doesnt mean they r trying to shw off. if thts the thing then from tommorrow everyone will sit at home and cry for imam ..no one will attend majalis and cry in public. in a way we r also trying to give a message to non muslims abt karbala and huge sacrifice of our imam like 2 of our bros/sis already said above. their wordings shw how much mustahab and imp this act is.

ali101 said:

....get a life u scum bags

because the men practice zanjeer, I want to point out, that as you all are supposed to be repectful of all the ayatollahs, a few fatawa here:

Fatwa of Ayatollah al-Udhma Muhammad Sadiq Rouhani

To do Qama-Zani is a very good act indeed, and to perform Qama-Zani in public enhances the excellence of this act, and if one is harmed in the process, the reward (Thawab) for this act will be increased even further.

One of the things that I regret not doing is that I did not have the honour to perform this great practice, and now that I am old and frail, I am unable to perform it.

In any case, from all the people who have had the honour to perform this religious symbol I wish to ask them to pray for me after performing Qama-Zani.

Signature and seal of

Ayatollah al-Udhma Muhammad Sadiq Rouhani

Fatwa of Ayatollah al-Udhma Langaroudi

Salaam upon the Lovers of Imam Hussain

In our opinion since Aba-Abdillah al-Hussain alayhis-salam is Thar-Allah, the Blood of Allah, then it would be appropriate, but in fact imperative that for the Blood of Allah, the blood of the creatures of Allah is shed. Therefore not only Qama-Zani is permissible, but it is also regarded as one of the Sha'a'er and it has great, and extensive Thawab (reward).

It is honour and good for the Hussaini Lovers who participate in this beautiful and honourable act, since Qama-Zani is one of the Sha'a'er.

Needless to say that to practice this Sha'a'er in public is better.

Salaam be upon the Righteous Lovers (of Imam Hussain) and upon all the Righteous servants of Allah.

Signature and seal of

Abd-el-Saheb Sayyid Muhammad Mahdi Murtadhawi Langaroudi

Fatwa of Ayatollah al-Udhma Sayyid Sadiq Shirazi

Bismillah al-Rahman al-Rahim

To perform Qama-Zani, whether in secret or in public, and other kinds of Azadari for Sayyid al-Shuhada Aba-Abdillah al-Hussain - may my soul be his sacrifice and peace and blessings of Allah be upon him - brings about the pleasure of Allah Almighty as well as Imam Mahdi - may Allah hasten his reappearance - InSha'Allah.

{And he who glorifies the Sha'a'er of Allah, surely it is from the piety of the hearts.} [The Holy Qur'an: Ayah 32 of Surah al-Hajj].

are these men scum bags also? do these men not have more knowledge in Islam than you? or are you an ayatollah who is calling other ayatollahs scum bags? if so, does this not present to the world a bad image of Islam, I think if all the religious leaders are calling each other names it is veiwed much worse than some men bleeding for love of their Imam (as) dont you?

the men who perform this rite don't call you a scum bag for not loving your Imam (as) enough to do this, so why can't you also refrain from calling them names because they do.

Edited by zainab_

salam to all my brother and sisters,shia or sunni.As ive got older my opinion on zanjeer and matam with razor blades has got stronger,i think this should be banned all over the world,and i think the people who say masallah and talk about how big zanjeer etc,should realy need to be taught islam.Many of you are probarly thinking what kind of shia iam,or that iam talking rubbish,but i think,well i dont think i know zanjeer give's a bad look into our sect of islam,especialy coming from another religion its freaky and scary.I think 50% or more of people that take part in this type of matam dont even pray 5 times a day,people should be ashamed of themselve's,they stnad thier cryin and saying this is our devotion for imam hussain,at the end day we are meant to be shia muslim's,the muslim's that are meant to be on the correct path,the shia's who follow the traditions of the prophet pbuh and his family pbut.Let me make it clear and give you brother's a bit of opinion,and dont be arrogant and not even think what iam talking about,ive list them down as follow

WE ARE SHIA MUSLIM,WE ONLY BELIEVE IN ONE GOD WHICH Allah AND MUHAMMED IS HIS MESSANGER

WE BELIEVE ALI IS THE THE FIRST CORRECTLY CHOSEN IMAM AND IMAM MAHDI IS THE LAST

WE BELIEVE THAT AHYLULBHAYT IS MADE UP OF 5 PEOPLE,MUHAMMED,ALI.FATIMA,HASSAN,HUSSAIN

THERE ARE 12 IMAMS IN TOTAL

WE SHIA MUSLIM BELIEVE THE 12 IMAMS HAVE BEEN EDUCATED AND AND TAUGHT OF THE CORRECT TRADITIONS ALL FROM THE PROPHET MUHAMMED PBUH

WE BELIEVE THAT ASHOORA SHOULD BE HELD EVERY YEAR TO REMEMBER THE GREAT SACRIFISE OF IMAM HUSSAIN AND HIS COMPANIONS,EVERY YEAR TILL THE DAY OF JUDGEMENT.

THESE ARE THE BASICS,JUST SO WE HAVE A CLEAR IMAGE OF WHAT US SHIA MUSLIM ARE AND BELIEVE,NOW IVE GOT TO THAT,YOU CAN SEE FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY LIST IS REMEMBERANCE OF KARBALA,NOW I AGREE WITH MATAM AND MAJLIS AND FASTING AND GIVIN CHARITY AND ETC,BUT I DONT AGREE WITH ZANJEER ON THIS DAY.PEOPLE TALE ABOUT ITS SACRIFISE THIER SHOWING,YOUR NOT SHOWING US NOTHING BROTHER,YOUR HOWING PEOPLE A BAD IMAGE,IF YOU WANA HOW SACRIFISE FOR IMAM HUSSAIN AND ISLAM ON THE BATTLEFIELD OF KARBALA,WELL THROW YOUR ZANJEER IN THE BIN,AND START PRAYIN 5 TIMES A DAY,DONT GO CLUBBING,DONT DRINK,STOP ALL YOUR HARAM ACTS,AND BE A BETTER MULIM AND THANK Allah THAT THE DAY OF ASHOORA HAS GIVEN YOU THE STRENGTH TO BECOME A BETTER MUSLIM,IMAM HUSSAIN DIDNT SACRIFISE HIS LIFE FOR POPLE TO CUT THEMSELVE'S,WHAT WILL WE ACHIEVE,HE LOST HIS LIFE AND COMPANIONS,AND HIS FAMILY,SO WE COULD HAVE OUR RELIGION ISLAM IN SAFE HANDS,SO START PRAYING AND BECOME A MUSLIM,THATS HOW YOU SHOULD SACRIFISE IF YOU WANT TO.

its ali01 not 101............js to break it dwn faw ya

Fatwa of Ayatollah al-Udhma Muhammad Sadiq Rouhani

To do Qama-Zani is a very good act indeed, and to perform Qama-Zani in public enhances the excellence of this act, and if one is harmed in the process, the reward (Thawab) for this act will be increased even further.

wher do they get it from that performing in public enhances the excellence?? and if ur harmed the reward is greater ??? but u become a BURDEN to comunity by havnig doctor who could b treating sumone with a real urgent need of treatment...........

One of the things that I regret not doing is that I did not have the honour to perform this great practice, and now that I am old and frail, I am unable to perform it.

SO HE ADMITS not doin it himself. ok so maybe he should make a fatwa after he has experience doing it himself......otherwise....na im not gna b rude il leav that at that

omg so that means its not fair for an older lover of the imam because he cant get the same amount of sawab as a younger lover of the imam because when ur older ur more frail n can't do it.

Fatwa of Ayatollah al-Udhma Langaroudi

Salaam upon the Lovers of Imam Hussain

In our opinion since Aba-Abdillah al-Hussain alayhis-salam is Thar-Allah, the Blood of Allah, then it would be appropriate, but in fact imperative that for the Blood of Allah, the blood of the creatures of Allah is shed. Therefore not only Qama-Zani is permissible, but it is also regarded as one of the Sha'a'er and it has great, and extensive Thawab (reward).

appropriate and imperative?? absolutely necessary or required; unavoidable: It is imperative that we leave. lol does anyone belelive in this??

yes dear sir it is imperative that i slash myself because i love the imam ...........oh imam look at me look at me

brings about the pleasure of Allah Almighty as well as Imam Mahdi

oh ok....we diddn't know that if it makes Allah happy it will make the imam happy...thnx for letting us knw

i dnt love my imam enough to do this??? hahahhhahaaha ye ok

no i cnt refrain.....the doctor could b out helpng somone with an URGENT need and these ppl do this

how do u knw sum of these ppl won't think of me as scum for not doin what they doin???? mybe im callng em scum as an obligatory precaution

(dat last part was jst jkz but the doctor part was seirous n its pisses me off that they use up doctors time wen ppl who need it r without medical attention)

Zanjeer is by no means wajib at all, and it is simply a cultural practice that has really gone too far and serves no purpose in the advancement of Islam. It only fuels the Wahhabi propaganda machine and also gives a bad name to the Shia to many non-religious people, who already are skeptical of all things religious. These people are simply lighting the fire, and many enemies of Shia Islam are more than happy to help spread it.

Edited by Shia Engineer