Sign in to follow this  
Abu Amal

ashura in cambridge

Salam

Are there any shia masjid's in Cambridge (Uk) where there will be events for Ashura ?

(salam),

Hmmm bro, I wouldn't think so. My wife is at the uni there and I don't even think they have a Shia mosque over there - let alone enough organisation for Ashura! PM me if you want some more info and I can ask some brothers there.

Wasalam.

AOA

The nearest you can go for majlis are:

1) Imam Ali Ridha (as) Centre, 4 Regina Road, Chelmsford CM1 1PE

www.essexjamaat.org.uk

Programme starting every evening at 8:15 PM other than weekend when it will be 7 PM. English majlis by Muhammad Al Hilli

2) Hussaini Islamic Centre, 2 Burton Street, Peterborough, PE1 5HD

www.mksipeterborough.org

Hope this is helpful

WA

Salaam Alaykum,

There are programs in Cambridge. Weekly Dua Kumail sessions, and other programs during Muharram, Laylatul Qadr etc. are held in the University of Cambridge 'Sidgwick Site Prayer Room'. They are attended by a mixture of Cambridge and Anglia Ruskin University students and also Shias in the community. There is a unified Islamic Society in Cambridge with Shia events held under the sub committee called 'Diversity'. They can be contacted via diversitycom AT isoc.co.uk (replace AT with @) .

Please refer to the following pages for further details:

http://groupspaces.com/isoc/emails/

The Cambridge Islamic Society website should also have a link to diversity: www.isoc.co.uk. If there is no information on these links then please email a committee member of the Cambridge ISoc to ask about these events.

Hope this helps.