misbah 2004

Online books for reverts.

Rate this topic

I have to say one thing, before (when u are speaking to christians or any other non-muslim) getting into the whole Islam and the bible part, please teach Wilayah first..... you have to start with Wilayah

I would also recommend going to https://www.hilmi.eu/islam/books/maaref-foundation/www.maaref-foundation.com/english/index.htm

It has a ton of online books on Shia fiqh, the biographies of the 14 masoom (as), hadith...

Edited by Hameedeh
maaref-foundation.com migrated to a new site. Link was updated.

I have to say one thing, before (when u are speaking to christians or any other non-muslim) getting into the whole Islam and the bible part, please teach Wilayah first..... you have to start with Wilayah

no, this is completely wrong. focus on tawheed first.

What does waliyah mean?

From a non muslim's perspective, (since I converted, alhamdulillah) you must first start with where they are so I think the strongest argument for them is with Tawheed, and the nature of Allah swt. Let them know there is no need for blood atonement in order to be forgiven.

Caution: I am still sorting through this, but for people who have a strong dislike for catholics, the imamah are reminiscent of some theology with catholics. so i would approach that carefully or refer them to someone who is very educated in this kind of matter.

The second issue is to describe Jesus or Isa pbuh in the islamic view, because alot of christians would have a hard time with that, and feel like they are rejecting Jesus pbuh. Let them know they are actually not loosing that, but in fact loving him more for not using him as an act of shirk.

(bismillah)

Salam aleikum all,

I know this might be more 'advanced' reading for reverts, however these books on the Third Holy Imam, Imam Husain (a.s.) are very nice to read.

I especially recommend Husain: the saviour of Islam, for this book really explains the context in which the tragedy of Karbala took place.

Also the websites below are quite nice, for not only books but also video and audio files.

http://qul.org.au/

http://www.ezsoftech.com/islamic/default.asp

If you enjoy reading about others who came to Islam:

My journey to Islam by Laila Bigelli  Get PDF

http://www.al-islam.org/my-journey-islam-laila-bigelli

My Story by Kathy (Ma'asumeh) Kooshesh  Get PDF

http://www.al-islam.org/articles/my-story-kathy-maasumeh-kooshesh

The Faith of the Imamiyyah Shia by Shaykh Muhammad Ridha al-Mudhaffar  Get PDF

https://www.al-islam.org/faith-imamiyyah-shiah-shaykh-muhammad-ridha-al-mudhaffar

Out of all the books I have read about Shi'a (as a convert to generic Islam), THIS book made the Shi'a beliefs clear to me and did the most to push me to say "I am a follower of the Ahl-ul-Bayt!". It's quite good and quite reassuring to someone who only knows about Shi'a beliefs from third-hand and distorted sources.

Edited by Hameedeh
To add PDF file.

An introductory treatise on Islamic beliefs, laws and ethics as well as the early history of the faith in fifty lessons. 

Islam: Faith, Practice & History  Get PDF

https://www.al-islam.org/islam-faith-practice-history-sayyid-muhammad-rizvi

Edited by Hameedeh
To add PDF file.

The Core of Islam is a study of the primary sources of Islamic thought - the Holy Qur’an and ahadith of the Prophet Muhammad SA and error-free Imams AS of his progeny. It examines contemporary issues, fundamentalism, extremism, radicalism, etc., through researched insights into Muslim personality, moral behavior and Islamic teachings of justice and fairness. 

The Core of Islam

PDF