6 replies to this topic

#1 Abdullah al mujadid

Abdullah al mujadid

Thinking is to the ignorant, as medicine is to the sick

• Advanced Members
  • PipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 07:26 PM

Sunni Speaker delivers message to Shias - Can our commonly revered historical figures give us a road map to Unity?

Islamic Seminar on 'Imam Jafar ul Sadeq and the Cause for Unity', hosted by Hyderi Masjid (London) on the 25th October on the anniversary of the death of Imam Jafar ul Sadeq - the founder of all Islamic Schools of thought. Talk given by ahl-ul-Sunnah speaker, Abdullah al Andalusi and moderated by internationally acclaimed Shia lecturer, Ammar Nakshawani:

#2 Dar'ul_Islam

Dar'ul_Islam

• Mods
  • 3,536 posts
  • Religion:القرآن والعترة ، رافضي متشيّع

Posted 30 October 2008 - 02:49 PM

Good video; good lecture I enjoyed it.

But, did Rawafidh really mean those who believed 'Ali (sas), naudhubillah, was god?

#3 Abdullah al mujadid

Abdullah al mujadid

Thinking is to the ignorant, as medicine is to the sick

• Advanced Members
  • PipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 02:09 PM

Good video; good lecture I enjoyed it.

But, did Rawafidh really mean those who believed 'Ali (sas), naudhubillah, was god?

The term rafida meant 'rejecters' - and it was applied upon those who believe Ali (ra) was God because they use to emphasise how much they Rejected the first three Caliphs. Unfortunately for the Shia, who also do not accept the first three Caliphs, the term Rafida became confused with themselves at a later date. Anyhow, the point at hand is, the word Rafida was used by Abu Hanifa and Malik etc, to do takfir on the Alawiya (the Ali worshippers), not the Shia (who do not worship Ali (ra)).

#4 Jaffa_Shia

Jaffa_Shia

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 97 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 09:16 PM

Who on earth is Abdullah al-Andalusi ? if they were going to have a sunni speaker it should have been Dr. Tahir Al-Qadri although i am
not sure if he speaks in english as all his speaches i,ve come accross have been in Urdu. That souldnt have been a problem for Hyderi centre
however, as they are Urdu speakers there. I am sure many of you have seen his speeches on DM digital.

#5 Dar'ul_Islam

Dar'ul_Islam

• Mods
  • 3,536 posts
  • Religion:القرآن والعترة ، رافضي متشيّع

Posted 05 November 2008 - 09:29 PM

Eh I think it was more effective this way cause Sunnis (now) in particular don't care what Sufis say. How sad indeed.

#6 Their slave

Their slave

• Advanced Members
  • PipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 01:58 PM

The term rafida meant 'rejecters' - and it was applied upon those who believe Ali (ra) was God because they use to emphasise how much they Rejected the first three Caliphs. Unfortunately for the Shia, who also do not accept the first three Caliphs, the term Rafida became confused with themselves at a later date. Anyhow, the point at hand is, the word Rafida was used by Abu Hanifa and Malik etc, to do takfir on the Alawiya (the Ali worshippers), not the Shia (who do not worship Ali (ra)).

Not correct. Rafida (Rejecters) are who rejects the 3 caliphs this is stated in narrations. Imam Kadhem Alyh Alsalam was famous with the name Imam Al Rafidha. Before the shia Rafidha was the name of the Momens who followed prophet Moses Alyh Alsalam and rejected worshiping Pharoh. This is what is stated in narrations. moreover, it is also stated that being rejecter is a high level and not every shia is a shia.

Allah say is surra 2

YUSUFALI: Let there be no compulsion in religion: Truth stands out clear from Error: whoever rejects evil and believes in Allah hath grasped the most trustworthy hand-hold, that never breaks. And Allah heareth and knoweth all things.
PICKTHAL: There is no compulsion in religion. The right direction is henceforth distinct from error. And he who rejecteth false deities and believeth in Allah hath grasped a firm handhold which will never break. Allah is Hearer, Knower.
SHAKIR: There is no compulsion in religion; truly the right way has become clearly distinct from error; therefore, whoever disbelieves in the Shaitan and believes in Allah he indeed has laid hold on the firmest handle, which shall not break off, and Allah is Hearing, Knowing.

In Arabic these names in bold are pronounced Taghoot. As for shia they believe that those who oppressed the prophet
(salaho alyh wa aleh) family as as some holy narrations state that.

The worshippers Of Imam Ali alyh salam are called Moghaleen. And lots of people say that Alawayeen are who worship Imam Ali alyh salam and that is not true.Most Alaweyeen live in south lebenon and syria. Islamic faith reached the by Abo Thar Alghufari (ra).

Abo hanifa and his follow called the shia as Rafidha. This is clear in History books. I have read some volumes related to Abo hanifa and Malik in the great book of Asad Haidar (Imam sadiq Alyh salam and Four sects) and I did not find what you have stated. I have not even read that some people were worshipping Imams in the day abo hanifa.

Besides. Is not a follower Of Ahlulbai Alyhom Alsalm who does not reject their oppressors.

further contact discuss.shia@hotmail.co.uk

#7 dingdong

dingdong

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,906 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 09:21 PM

ahh I am late but great video. Thanks. ^_^

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users