• 13,007 posts
  • Location:The Depths of Usoolis Worst Nightmares and Insecurities
  • Religion:my religion is nothing but love and hate in equal measure
  • Interests:Never break anyones heart
    your Rabb lives there

Posted 07 October 2008 - 05:12 AM

guys i was asked this question via PM:

Salam Bro...

I would like to know what actually is "alam"?

Can you explain the significant of it?

Since I don't much about it, I wish to know/learn about the significant of it.

I will much appreciate your explanation.

Wassalam

i thought id share my answer with u guys as well, in case anyone was wondering. if anyone can provide a better response can u post it here?

Salaam

im not the best person to explain this, im not the most knowledgeable nor the most eloquent, but i will try my best to explain this. i think i should post this in the thread, ill keep your name out of it, is that ok?

during the prophets lifetime, in all his battles, he would always give his battle standard, in arabic "alam" or flag, to someone to show the muslims where he was, and to give them hope and courage, and put fear into the enemies. it was a great, great honour to anyone who held the alam of the prophet during a victorious battle, because they were holding the very symbol of the muslim ummah.

there is no better example of this than, as we all know, the battle of khaybar, where the alam/battle standard was given to our maula ali (as), as a symbol to show the person who the prophet loved, and who Allah loved, and the person who won the great victory that day.

this tradition was carried out through all the imams who fought in battles - imam ali, imam hassan, and imam hussain. the alam was the symbol of hope, and the sign of the muslims who loved those who the alams represented.

there are many many accounts of miracles linked with the shrine in najaf where imam ali (as) is buried. the story of how it was discovered, when deer used to use the small hill above imam alis grave as a sanctuary from hunting dogs, and dogs did not dare to climb the mound, is listed in full in the book "peshawar nights" under the section "discovery of imam alis shrine". you can see it here. we believe that even touching the shrine, even standing in the haram and LOOKING at it, gives us enormous sawaab, and can fulfill our wishes. if you asked on shiachat im sure you would find many accounts of peoples wishes being granted using the intercession of imam alis shrine. for those who can not travel to do ziarat, the alam is the symbol of the ziarat, in the same way the alams were the symbols of the ummah during battle. during my fathers youth the ghulaaf which covers the kaaba came to pakistan via train, the alam symbolises the ziarat of imam ali in the same way that the ghulaaf symbolised the kaaba for the people back in those days.

in kerbala, the significance of the alams is much, MUCH more pronounced. not only does the same apply as above, but there is a hadith that tens of thousands of angels decend from jannat every DAY through the dome above the shrine (and the alam) to mourn for hussain. the dirt on the floor around the shrine is considered holy and pure, and has been known to cure diseases and the imams would keep pouches of it with them at all times, if that is the blessings linked with the DIRT around the shrine, how much more baraka is there for the alam through which MILLIONS of angels passed through to mourn for imam hussain?

if we want to kiss heaven, then the closest we will come physically in this life is to kiss the alam above the dome of imam hussain.

now, to ghaazi abbas. even typing his name brings a pain in my throat and makes my eyes sting. we believe that ghaazi abbas has been given the title "babul hawayej", or, the gateway of your wishes. we are encouraged to seek his intercession, and i personally have experience of having my wishes answered from an alam made by us, a symbol of a symbol, let alone the "real" alam! when i see his alam, i see a man who had both his arms cut off in an ambush so he placed the alam in his teeth so it would not fall to the ground, and when i see pictures of his alam still flying high and proud above his dome, i will always know he is haazir au naazir and here to help us, his devotees.

again, to stand in his haram and to kiss the door at the entrance will grant you your wishes, yet if you cannot go there, then the alam is the symbol of that place, and it came to us.

i hope this has explained where im coming from, without too much waffling? if ive made you think of 20 more questions lol just let me know i will try and answer them to the best of my ability.

kh

#27 Maula Dha Mallang

Maula Dha Mallang

Resident Wahabbi Vermin Slayer At Your Service

• Banned
  • 13,007 posts
    your Rabb lives there

Posted 15 October 2008 - 09:14 AM

ok major major thanks to sis sayeda who gave me these links, if anyone doesnt already know, if you want to see live streaming links of imam hussains and ghazi abbases harams online, then click on these links:

maula sayyedush shuhada
http://www.imamhussain.tv/

ghaazi sarkar
http://www.alkafeel.net/live/

if you appreciate these links then remember her in ur duas, but dont tell her cos her head is big enough

#28 ShiaSoldier@2007

ShiaSoldier@2007

Peace amidst chaos

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,485 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 09:44 AM

you guys get stuff from Iraq! How the heck do you guys get it, do you pay? cause here in Toronto we never get stuff like that.. we just tie a sheet onto a stick and walk around and we rent our zuljinas from people that ride them all the time.. its sad..

#29 Maula Dha Mallang

Maula Dha Mallang

• Banned
  • 13,007 posts
    your Rabb lives there

Posted 15 October 2008 - 09:46 AM

lol i dont really wanna say cos it will give away who i am, but we have connections in the right places :Hijabi:

#30 khuram

khuram

13 rajab 2010 . Mashad

• Unregistered
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,895 posts
  • Religion:Hussainiyat (shia islam) Usoli (follow a scholar because i m not a scholar)
  • Interests:Allah and ebadullahs

Posted 15 October 2008 - 09:55 AM

we rent our zuljinas from people that ride them all the time.. its sad..

what ? u make zuljanah , the horses kufar use to ride . Allah ho akbar.
es say acha to ye hay k bagair zuljana k jaloos niklay :angry:

#31 Maula Dha Mallang

Maula Dha Mallang

• Banned
  • 13,007 posts
    your Rabb lives there

Posted 15 October 2008 - 04:17 PM

just dug a few more pics outta my hard drive, most of you have probably already seen all of these but i might as well upload them anyway:

Posted Image

the kaaba about 100 or so years ago when it got flooded

another one

Posted Image

one last one

Posted Image

Posted Image

er is this makama ibraheem thingamajig? the flying stone?

Posted Image

speaks for itself

Posted Image

ok now i remember this picture is of the prophets handwriting? can someone translate?

and finally

Posted Image

our masters resting place until the return

#32 Maula Dha Mallang

Maula Dha Mallang

• Banned
  • 13,007 posts
    your Rabb lives there

Posted 24 October 2008 - 08:55 AM

heres the actual grave from underneath ghazi abbas' alam

http://uk.youtube.co...p;v=y2nwtgJX_xs

#33 Sayeda_110

Sayeda_110

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,802 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 09:29 AM

ok major major thanks to sis sayeda who gave me these links, if anyone doesnt already know, if you want to see live streaming links of imam hussains and ghazi abbases harams online, then click on these links:

maula sayyedush shuhada
[url="http://\"http://www.imamhussain.tv/\""]http://www.imamhussain.tv/[/url]

ghaazi sarkar
[url="http://\"http://www.alkafeel.net/live/\""]http://www.alkafeel.net/live/[/url]

if you appreciate these links then remember her in ur duas, but dont tell her cos her head is big enough

aaaawwww thanks MDM... But....

I dont deserve da duas... Give the duas to the ppl who actually made it possible for us to view these amazing sites despite being so far away from... :cry: :cry:

Mashallah it amazes u everytime u see it...

heres the actual grave from underneath ghazi abbas\' alam

[url="http://\"http://uk.youtube.com/watch?feature=related&v=y2nwtgJX_xs\""]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?feature=relate...p;v=y2nwtgJX_xs[/url]

Theres 5 parts 2 dis video...
you can get the links for the related videos on the side..

Its basically of the water that constantly flows around the Grave of Hazrat Abbas (as) underneath his shrine.... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Edited by Sayeda_110, 24 October 2008 - 09:31 AM.

#34 Sayeda_110

Sayeda_110

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,802 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 05:07 AM

Salamz

Something else i recently Re-discovered.... Some files i had in my other computer ...

Basically pics of the Mojzah from the Alam at my Khala's House in Pak.... Which started Bleeding and remained to do so for about a month or so something.... Loadssss of ppl from all over pak came 2 see it .... there was LOADSSSSS of Majlis and Azadari when it happened and for weeks after...

I went pak. about a year later and by then my khala has put got a new panja to put on their house alam and had put the Mojzah Panja in a glass cabinet .... and it still had the blood stains very clearly on it .... :( :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Ive have attached the pics for you guys to do Ziarat of....

1 is of the Whole Panja - Overview

1 is of the middle part where most of the blood stain was

1 is of the top where it said "Hussain" on 1 of the fingers of the Panja.... This had also gone red .... :(

Attached Images

• AlamMojzah2.jpg
  • AlamMojzah1.jpg
  • AlamMojzah.jpg

#35 Maula Dha Mallang

Maula Dha Mallang

• Banned
  • 13,007 posts
    your Rabb lives there

Posted 31 October 2008 - 05:30 AM

Allah humma salleh Allah muhammed wa aaleh muhammed :cry:

ya ghazi!!!!

#36 Mystery-*

Mystery-*

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts
  • Interests:donuts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 05:58 PM

(salam)

Wow, thank you so much for all of this MDM & Sayeda! Some of the things you guys have posted, i would never have even dreamt of seeing. And MDM bro.. your explanation on the significance of the alams - Mashallah, i dont think it could have been explained in any better way.

heres the actual grave from underneath ghazi abbas' alam

http://uk.youtube.co...p;v=y2nwtgJX_xs

It actually pains your heart so bad to see all that water around the shrine.. and watching that video is like you're actually there :cry:

"Allahumalan Qatalatal Husayn Wa Aw'laadihee Wa As'Habihee"

#37 AliWala01

AliWala01

al Ajal Ya Sahib uz Zaman

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,212 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 10:16 PM

The alam from Maula Husain's (as) rauza came to D.C. last weekend and it was simply amazing!! I had a good 10-15 minutes alone just to sit there and speak to my master, it was sensational

#38 husainshahid

husainshahid

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 957 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 11:19 PM

Salaam Alaykum

Probably overall this is one of the best Threads ever on Shiachat.

Regarding the caligraphy attributed to the Holy Prophet (saws) and his family, how authentic is it?

I'm not doubting it, just would like to know its attribution.

Great posts.

Wa Salaam

#39 Maula Dha Mallang

Maula Dha Mallang

• Banned
  • 13,007 posts
    your Rabb lives there

Posted 01 November 2008 - 09:33 AM

Salams everyone, thanks for your kind words :)

bro S. H. Rizvi, you of all people will understand what it means to stand before the alams, and just what goes through your heart and mind. by holding a small part of it in your hand you feel like you are holding the hand of imam hussain who is reaching out to help you, your heart just fills with love for the ahlebeyt you just feel like you are about to choke, you cant breathe, you cant think, all you know is that your master is with you, and you arent alone.

as for the calligraphy of the ahlebeyt, i cant comment, although it was taken from iran and everyone there was unaniomous that it was their handwriting. imam ali (as) in particular was famous because AFAIK he was the only man who was able to write using the elongated letters perfectly without a ruler or compass, see below:

Posted Image

you see the perfection of his handwriting? subhanallah

#40 AliWala01

AliWala01

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,212 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 01:36 PM

bro S. H. Rizvi, you of all people will understand what it means to stand before the alams, and just what goes through your heart and mind. by holding a small part of it in your hand you feel like you are holding the hand of imam hussain who is reaching out to help you, your heart just fills with love for the ahlebeyt you just feel like you are about to choke, you cant breathe, you cant think, all you know is that your master is with you, and you arent alone.

When I saw it I didnt know what to do, i was just stuck there i guess. seriously, i didnt even do matam or anything, i just sat there, alone with the alam, talking about my Imam's (as) suffering, giving him my pursa. may Allah grant us the oppurtunity to go to Karbala. Until then, the tears that i have dropped on the alam will hopefully remind my maula of me to keep me under his blessed arms.

Ghazi Abbas' (as) was totally different. it came to idara a few months ago. i remember i arrived late that day and matam had already started. i rushed to the first halqa and mashallah the matam was already amazing. then out the corner of my eye i see men bringing in Abbas Alamdaars (as) alam and the rising of matam and emotions just went through the roof. it was unbelievable just to stand infront of the alam doing matam. it reminded me of maula's arms that the la'een cut off. i havent experienced anything like that since, and dont think i will untill im actually infront of his haram.

#41 Maula Dha Mallang

Maula Dha Mallang

• Banned
  • 13,007 posts
    your Rabb lives there

Posted 01 November 2008 - 01:57 PM

subhanallah bro....subhanallah -_-, what more can i say?

#42 Sayeda_110

Sayeda_110

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,802 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 04:41 AM

When I saw it I didnt know what to do, i was just stuck there i guess. seriously, i didnt even do matam or anything, i just sat there, alone with the alam, talking about my Imam's (as) suffering, giving him my pursa. may Allah grant us the oppurtunity to go to Karbala. Until then, the tears that i have dropped on the alam will hopefully remind my maula of me to keep me under his blessed arms.

Ghazi Abbas' (as) was totally different. it came to idara a few months ago. i remember i arrived late that day and matam had already started. i rushed to the first halqa and mashallah the matam was already amazing. then out the corner of my eye i see men bringing in Abbas Alamdaars (as) alam and the rising of matam and emotions just went through the roof. it was unbelievable just to stand infront of the alam doing matam. it reminded me of maula's arms that the la'een cut off. i havent experienced anything like that since, and dont think i will untill im actually infront of his haram.

Wow mashallah.... Sounds Amazing...

U r very lucky and blessed to have done ziarat of those Alams... Inshallah May Allah swt grant us ALL the taufeeq to be able to go Karbala and fulfill our dreams of standing in front of our Mola's (as) Roza .... :cry: :cry:

Probably overall this is one of the best Threads ever on Shiachat.

Definitely Agree with you there..... BY FARRR 1 OF THE BEST... :cry: :cry:

#43 razz110

razz110

• Advanced Members
  • PipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 05:56 AM

I don’t know why, I just want to feel PROUD of myself when I'm reading this thread. Thank Allah swt a trillion times that I'm a SHIA. I can't bear to think otherwise.
  • ya-ali-maula likes this

#44 Maula Dha Mallang

Maula Dha Mallang

• Banned
  • 13,007 posts
    your Rabb lives there

Posted 04 January 2009 - 11:25 AM

since its muharram i thought id resurrect this thread -_-

#45 wayfarer.

wayfarer.

ashraful makhluqat

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,699 posts
  • Religion:submission to His will

Posted 04 January 2009 - 12:39 PM

Jazakallah khayr. :cry: Ya Hussain! Ya Abbas!

#46 Maula Dha Mallang

Maula Dha Mallang

• Banned
  • 13,007 posts
    your Rabb lives there

Posted 14 March 2009 - 01:12 PM

guys ill be uploading the high def pics of some of the harams in shaam here soon inshallah, watch this space

#47 AliWala01

AliWala01

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,212 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 01:17 PM

I hope you don't mind MDM, but if I may I'll post some of the pics I took too

#48 AliWala01

AliWala01

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,212 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 01:40 PM

Posted Image

Bibi Zainab (sa)

Posted Image

Bibi Zainab (sa)

Posted Image

Inside Bibi Zainab (sa) haram

Posted Image

Hajr ibn Adi (as)

Posted Image

Inside Dome of Hajr ibn Adi (as)

Posted Image

Hajr ibn Adi (as)

More to come

#49 Maula Dha Mallang

Maula Dha Mallang

• Banned
  • 13,007 posts
    your Rabb lives there

Posted 14 March 2009 - 03:12 PM

WOW MASHALLAH!!!!!!

HAQQ DA IMAM NARAY HAIIIIDARIIII

bro upload AS MANY AS YOU POSSIBLY CAN. maybe we can earn a bit of sawaab when people who could not do ziarat see the images and do a dua for us?

#50 Maula Dha Mallang

Maula Dha Mallang

• Banned
  • 13,007 posts
    your Rabb lives there

Posted 14 March 2009 - 03:24 PM

BIBI ZAINAB (SA) ROZA PICS

Posted Image