Darth Vader

What Video Game Are You Playing These Days?

Rate this topic

I'm on my Xbox 360 playing mass effect 2 battlefield bad company 2 at the moment. Just waiting on splinter cell conviction, red dead redemption, halo reach and lost planet 2 :P

I like sims 3 too :)

Lemme quote myself from another topic. You might find a few good games I mentioned:

Rockstar games are always class, so its a definite buy (Red Dead Redemption). Open-world, sandbox and nothing sci-fi about it. Makes for a good action adventure in a Wild West theme. Its basically GTA but not in the modern times.

Theyre also making a crime solving open-world game, much like GTA, set in Los Angeles back in the 40s. Its called LA Noire. It involves action as well but its also a mystery game where you play as a detective. And theyre making 'Agent', which is another open-world game set in the 70s cold war era theme. It involves espionage, stealth, covert operations, assassinations and all those dirty stuff intel agencies do. Very similar to Splinter Cell but the difference is it will be nonlinear/sandbox, unlike Tom Clancy games, which are mostly linear and path-driven. Other Rockstar games include Bully 2, which is open-world GTA clone set in school theme, and Max Payne 3.

If youre interested in other GTA clones, theres Just Cause 2, which only recently came out. Very nice, involves flying airplanes too.

If youre into warfare as well, look for a few more good games coming out. Operation Flashpoint 3 is in the makings, so is Battlefield 3. Arma 2, an open-world military simulator, is bound to release a standalone expansion pack (doesnt require the original game to play it) but its only for PC. Theres also Medal of Honor 2010 coming out, set in Afghanistan but sadly its a typical linear shooter.

I also hear Six Days in Fallujah is complete and ready for release.

Ill just add a few more nice games coming out:

1. Test Drive Unlimited 2 - Open world car simulation in the island of Ibiza, Spain.

2. F1 2010

3. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier

4. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Conviction

More than enough to suit a gamer, huh? :lol:

Im not really into Sci-fi or fantasy games but I might be wrong about the game youre talking about.^

I would call Bioshock a horror game, perhaps horror sci-fi. Little girls forced to become a symbiotic host to a parasite, mutated drug addicted humans running about, a Randian society under the sea, what more could you ask for? Simply amazing, not only that but the game itself has moral choices that decide the outcome of the game, the ending you get is dependent upon the moral choices you made in the game. If you become a force for evil you get the bad ending, if you become a force for good, you get the good ending, if neutral you get the neutral ending. It's a first person shooter too, very brutal. Trust me, once you beat a splicer to death with a wrench or see a Big Daddy impale a spilcer with a drilll or see a little sister drink the blood from a corpse, you'll be hooked.

"A man chooses, a slave obeys."

^I checked the game out and to be honest it's not really my cup of tea. :P It's way too unrealistic or 'out of this world', for my likings.

As I said earlier, I'm not really into Sci-fi or fantasy/fictional stuff. Things that usually attract me are Worldly and 'down to earth', i.e. something that exists or has existed throughout real life, be it historic or modern.

That's why I can't see myself playing Star Wars or Star Trek whereas I can spend countless of hours playing Grand Theft Auto, Operation Flashpoint and Splinter Cell.

But oh well, to each his own, I suppose. That's the beauty of life. :lol:

Are you interested in sports games? There's the 2010 FIFA World Cup coming out.

Edited by Mo.

^I checked the game out and to be honest it's not really my cup of tea. :P It's way too unrealistic or 'out of this world', for my likings.

Actually, a lot of the technology and genetic modification is entirely possible. The philosophy is from the real world, the city of Rapture is placed in the Atlantic ocean and it's inhabitants are the best and brightest and richest in all fields, from science, arts, and so on. Plasmids also could be entirely possible. Something that could make the brain work better? Something that could make you stronger and faster? Totally possible mate.

Though fictional, totally possible. I could even argue how the swarm plasmid could be possible.

As I said earlier, I'm not really into Sci-fi or fantasy/fictional stuff. Things that usually attract me are Worldly and 'down to earth', i.e. something that exists or has existed throughout real life, be it historic or modern.

As you said, to each his own. I'm into deep immersing story lines, be they Realish like Call of Duty, Fantasy-Adventures like God of War, Sci-Fi like Halo or Horror like Bioshock.

FPS games are my main bag.

Are you interested in sports games? There's the 2010 FIFA World Cup coming out.

I def want that actually, I only get the football games. I'm more into FPSs and RPGs. The gory, spooky, crazy adventure stuff.

Actually, a lot of the technology and genetic modification is entirely possible. The philosophy is from the real world, the city of Rapture is placed in the Atlantic ocean and it's inhabitants are the best and brightest and richest in all fields, from science, arts, and so on. Plasmids also could be entirely possible. Something that could make the brain work better? Something that could make you stronger and faster? Totally possible mate.

Though fictional, totally possible. I could even argue how the swarm plasmid could be possible.

Yeah that's my weak spot, I'm afraid. I think they give us a name... "Naturalistic gamers" haha. I only like realities that either exist or have existed, be them accurate simulations (True Crime based on Los Angeles) or replicas (GTAIV based on a replica of New York or Operation Flashpoint based on a replica of a Japanese Island). The only futuristic things I can fathom are Tom Clancy games, like Ghost Recon Future Soldier, and that's probably because the technology is being tested as we speak so it isn't so 'far fetched' from reality. :P

Yeah this is deep man, this is deep. :lol:

alan wake is comin out 4 the 360

mod nation racers is comin out 4 the ps3

and Prince of Persia is comin out 4 both platforms plus for the pc

all ov these games r comin out soon

alpha protocol is comin out june 1st for xbox and ps3

metal gear peace walker is comin out june 8th for psp

Have preordered Red Dead Redemption but I'm regretting it now. I'll let you know how it goes.

You shouldn't really regret anything you buy from Rockstar Studios. :P

If you love open-world GTA gaming, you'll love this. I can see why some people wont buy it, however, since they arent really accustomed to old or historic themes. They want something modern like GTAIV and Saints Row 2.

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, but also Gta IV and GTA SA

Edited by TrueImam

I don't mean to offend anyone but GTA is the most unrealistic, frivolous and stupid game ever. Its meant for 9 year olds, really. Stop car - Pull out owner - Ride around - Fire gun - Roam the city.... it has no purpose. Pointless. If someone ever tried to stop my car like that they'd be six feet under the next morning. I'd have no hesitation, fear or remorse. And if I notice a pistol in their hand they'd lose their knee caps before my car came into pistol's tiny range. Seriously, you guys need to start playing some serious stuff that involves the use of brains and offers a thing called immersion. I'd rather play Pacman than playing GTA!

Sorry, just wanted to get it off my chest. =/

Whats your point? Its fun. Its much more realistic compared to other games. You'd be surprised. Thats not the point of the game. Game is something enjoyable. And if killing and stealing [Edited Out] aint fun, idk then.