Photo

Shia Community In Colorado

7 replies to this topic

#1 yahusain

yahusain
  • Advanced Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 27 July 2008 - 12:02 AM

Salam, I have a friend that will be moving to Colorado due to work. They will be leaving close to Boulder, Colorado. Does anyone know if there are Shia centers or masjids there?? ALso how is the Muslim community. Any feedback is highly appreciated!

Thanks

#2 Jabir ibn Hayyan

Jabir ibn Hayyan

*~* Dr_Asad_77 *~*

• Unregistered
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 27 July 2008 - 11:41 AM

Waalaikum Salam,
I may have an opportunity to work At Amgen in Denver Colorado so I did some search on it. They don't have a proper Imam brgah or Shia mosque up there and they rent Salem Church on occasions of birth and death occasion of Masoomeen (as). They ahve a group on face book and also have a yahoo group! Imamiya Education Society, IES (Imamiya Education Society, 460266 South Birch Street, Glendale, CO 80246). http://groups.yahoo....oup/IES_Denver/
I think brother Arsalan Rizvi on this forum belongs to this group, you may wish to PM him for more details!

#3 ArsalanRizvi

ArsalanRizvi

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 09:17 PM

Salam, I have a friend that will be moving to Colorado due to work. They will be leaving close to Boulder, Colorado. Does anyone know if there are Shia centers or masjids there?? ALso how is the Muslim community. Any feedback is highly appreciated!

Thanks

Assalam Alaikum

Imamia Education Society is the Pakistani/Indian/Khoja group that meets periodically at Salem United Church (5300 East Florida Avenue, Denver, CO 80222). Our programs are almost always in English. The upcoming programs in the near future are as follows:

Eid Mairaj -- 6:00 pm on Saturday, August 2
Birth of Imam Hussain/Imam Sajjad -- 6:00 pm on Saturday, August 9
Birth of Imam Zaman -- 6:00 pm on Sunday, August 17

For more information, email IES_Denver (at) yahoogroups.com.

If you're looking for Farsi programs, the Al-Iman Center usually has programs on Thursday nights, I believe. They are located at 6850 East Evans Avenue, Denver, CO 80224.

There is also the Jaffari Islamic School, which has classes for kids ages 3-17. It takes place on Saturdays at Salem Church as well. (Right now, however, we are on summer break, but classes start up again towards the end of August.) Please email jaffari (at) yahoogroups.com for more information.

Feel free to message me if you have any questions.

Ma'salam,

Arsalan

#4 BintAlHoda

BintAlHoda

Unregistered Member

• Unregistered
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,786 posts
  • Religion:Wilayah of Ahl al-Bayt (A) (insha'Allah)

Posted 31 July 2008 - 10:16 PM

Waalaikum Salam,
I may have an opportunity to work At Amgen in Denver Colorado so I did some search on it. They don't have a proper Imam brgah or Shia mosque up there and they rent Salem Church on occasions of birth and death occasion of Masoomeen (as). They ahve a group on face book and also have a yahoo group! Imamiya Education Society, IES (Imamiya Education Society, 460266 South Birch Street, Glendale, CO 80246). http://groups.yahoo....oup/IES_Denver/
I think brother Arsalan Rizvi on this forum belongs to this group, you may wish to PM him for more details!

(salam)

They have a few Shia groups in Denver. They have (or at least had lol, but I'm sure they still have it) at least one Shia center. There is a sister on here who lives nearby there who can give you more info... next time she logs on I'm sure she'll see this thread..........

#5 Allami

Allami
  • Basic Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 10:25 PM

(salam)

They have a few Shia groups in Denver. They have (or at least had lol, but I'm sure they still have it) at least one Shia center. There is a sister on here who lives nearby there who can give you more info... next time she logs on I'm sure she'll see this thread..........

Thanks for the information. I am also Shia that live in Colorado Springs and interested in finding a Shia center near by

#6 ya imam zaman

ya imam zaman

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,014 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 01:12 AM

I live in Denver. We have a youth group called Al Mahdi Youth Foundation of Colorado, it's not the biggest youth group but Alhamdulilah i think it's pretty good. it's usually on sundays and we also have youth group events at times. If any of you are interested in coming, then insha'Allah PM me. :)

Edited by ya imam zaman, 31 August 2008 - 01:41 AM.

#7 aliflameem

aliflameem
  • Basic Members
  • 5 posts
  • Religion:muslim

Posted 17 September 2010 - 05:56 PM

Thanks for the information. I am also Shia that live in Colorado Springs and interested in finding a Shia center near by

salam

I would like to revive this topic because i also live in CS and wonder what the situation is here for the shia? would love to find a center or someone to learn from. I am a new shia...

#8 karimbrennan

karimbrennan
  • Basic Members
  • 4 posts
  • Religion:Islam

Posted 03 March 2013 - 09:03 PM

Salam to all,

I am moving to Denver and I know this thread is old but I was wondering if anyone knew any Shia masjids or centers in the city? I am fairly new to Islam so inshallah I was hopping to find an active community to help me continue my studies.

Thank you for any help,

Karim J. Brennan

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users