Sign in to follow this  
doc

The Unreasonableness Of The Baha’i Faith

In the name of Allah

Allahuma sale ala Muhammad wa ale Muhammad, wa yaa arhama rahemin, ajjel lewaleyeka faraj.

Salamun aleikum dear sisters and brothers

With the grace of Allah, I have been able to do a small research and have written three articles about the corrupted and misleading faith of Bahaism and since the zakat of knowledge is to spread it, I will post the first one here for your consideration.

All three articles have been published and can also be found at bahaiawareness.com

All prasie is due to Allah, only the mistakes are mine.

The unreasonableness of the Baha’i Faith

Listening to Baha’i proponents, one is constantly led to believe that the Baha’i Faith is the latest Universal religion with superior omnipresent laws that replace all other teachings in order to establish a universal religion with universally applicable regulations and guidelines suitable for our time and place.

The Baha’i Faith is also claimed to be just, rational and consistent -the only faith in perfect harmony with other Divine faiths like Islam, Judaism and Christianity- able to unite all religions and people.[1]

Before looking into some of these highly rational and truly universal regulations, it might be interesting to know that The Universal House of Justice (UHJ), the supreme governing institution of the Baha’i Faith, has forbidden Baha’is to share the holy message of Baha’ism with Israelis. [2]

According to an edict issued by UHJ it is not permissible to teach the Baha’i Faith to Israelites, and if an Israeli insists on asking questions about the Baha’i Faith, the answer provided by the Baha’i must be delivered in a manner that does not “stimulate further interest”.

Let me quote part of this edict:

“For your information, the people in Israel have access to factual information about the Faith, its history and general principles. Books concerning the Faith are available in libraries throughout Israel, and Israelis are welcome to visit the Shrines and the surrounding gardens. However, in keeping with a policy that has been strictly followed since the days of Bahaullah, Baha’is do not teach the Faith in Israel. Likewise, the Faith is not taught to Israelis abroad if they intend to return to Israel. When Israelis ask about the Faith, their questions are answered, but this is done in a manner which provides factual information without stimulating further interest.” [3]

"Whenever an Israeli citizen living in the West, irrespective of his background and religious affiliation, declares his belief and interest in becoming a member of the Baha’i community, he should be informed that the Faith is not taught in Israel and that there is no Baha’i community there apart from those who are associated with the Baha’i World Center. He cannot be accepted into the Baha’i community if he is planning to return to Israel to reside there. If he plans to continue to reside outside Israel, his enrollment can be accepted, but he will then be subject to the same restrictions about travel to Israel as any other Baha’i, in that he could do so only with the express permission of the Universal House of Justice. In any event, the Universal House of Justice should be informed of any such declaration.” [4]

The natural question that arises after taking part of this edict, that still exists today, is why the Jews of Israel are rejected from taking part of this “universal” faith? Wasn’t Baha’ism supposed to abrogate all other religions and unite all humanity, including the Jews of Israel? Then why discriminate and exclude Jews from the eternal happiness and peace that converting to the Baha’i Faith brings? Or perhaps Jews, according to the Baha’is are not worth being saved?

Now, before looking into some of these rational and universal directives, let us read some of Bahaullah’s words of wisdom.

Bahaullah’s lessons in Astronomy

"Thou hast, moreover, asked Me concerning the nature of the celestial spheres...Know thou that every fixed star hath its own planets, and every planet its own creatures, whose number no man can compute."[5]

The SETI Institute (Search for Extra-Terrestrial Intelligence), whose mission is to explore the nature and prevalence of life in the universe, and spends billions of dollars on research for extraterrestrial life, is yet to find any trace of extra-terrestrial intelligence.[6] Further he uses the phrase ‘fixed star’, which is also erroneous as we today know that all stars are rotating as well as revolving around some point in their respective galaxies. The phrase “fixed star” was invented by ancient astronomers and natural philosophers who lacked access to precise astronomical instruments and measurements over long periods of time [7], however Bahaullah being God himself should have known this simple fact about his own creation?

I say ‘God’ because that’s what Bahaullah himself claimed to be when he wrote: "Were any of the all-embracing Manifestations of God to declare: "I am God”, He verily, speaks the truth, and no doubt attached thereto. For ... through their Revelation, their attributes and names, the Revelation of God, His names and His attributes, are made manifest in the world. ....”[8] And in the words of Abdul-Baha: “Further than this (Bahaullah), man has no other point for concentration. He is god."[9]

Yet another confirmation for Bahaullah being God is found in Shoghi Effendi’s works.

In his book “God passes by”, Shoghi Effendi, the Guardian of the Baha’i Faith- from 1921 until his death in 1957 and the successor of Abdulbaha- claims that: “To Israel He (Bahaullah) was neither more nor less than the incarnation of the "Everlasting Father”, the "Lord of Hosts" come down "with ten thousands of saints"; to Christendom Christ returned "in the glory of the Father," to Shiah Islam the return of the Imam Husayn; to Sunni Islám the descent of the "Spirit of God" (Jesus Christ); to the Zoroastrians the promised Shah-Bahram; to the Hindus the reincarnation of Krishna; to the Buddhists the fifth Buddha.”.[10]

Actually, if I may correct the ‘infallible’ Mr. Effendi [11], the phrase ‘no more’ serves no purpose here as none still knows a position higher than God! The words 'no less' here though means that Bahaullah was not less than God! Not less than God, means Bahaullah was at least God! Very interesting claims indeed!

Now let’s read another scientific wisdom:

Copper converted to gold

In Kitab-i-Iqan or the Book of Certitude, Bahaullah claims that copper, in a span of 70 years would be converted to gold.

“For instance, consider the substance of copper. Were it to be protected in its own mine from becoming solidified, it would, within the space of seventy years, attain to the state of gold. There are some, however, who maintain that copper itself is gold, which by becoming solidified is in a diseased condition, and hath not therefore reached its own

state.

Be that as it may, the real elixir will, in one instant, cause the substance of copper to attain the state of gold, and will traverse the seventy-year stages in a single moment. Could this gold be called copper? Could it be claimed that it hath not attained the state of gold, whilst the touch-stone is at hand to assay it and distinguish it from copper?” [12]

Certainly interesting for Alchemists who have turned into Biochemists!

Regarding Bahaullah’s scientific wisdom, I can only add that such ignorant and incorrect statements, presented by Bahaullah as solid and clear facts, naturally questions his credibility and mental sanity.

Now let’s look into some of Bahaullah’s and Baha’ism’s universal and superior directives.

The punishment of theft

In the Kitab-i-Aqdas, Bahaullah instructs his followers to punish thieves [13].

On the first offence the thief is exiled, on the second, imprisonment is prescribed and on the third offence a mark is placed on the thief’s forehead. This means that if a thief is caught for the first time, he is to be exiled. In the new city he continues to steal and when caught people will not know of his past, so he will be exiled to another city and will keep on stealing. Let’s though assume that a thief is recognized and caught on the third offence, will the mark on his forehead now prevent him from stealing if exile and imprisonment did not? Is the mark on the thief’s forehead a license to continue his crimes? What about those caught for the fourth time? How will they be punished?

The punishment for adultery

Adultery and fornication according to Bahaullah is punishable by a fine paid to the Universal House of Justice, (UHJ). On page 15 of Kitab-i-Aqdas (The Most Holy Book), he writes, "It is a must for every adulterer and adulteress that they must pay to the Universal House of Justice and give 9 mithqals of gold. And should they repeat the act, the atonement will be doubled.”[14] However if the adulterer/adulteress cannot afford it, then “the poor are the trust of God in your midst”[15] This means that the rich will easily commit adultery and the poor who can't afford the adultery penalty, will still very easily commit adultery as they are “in the protection of God”!

Further, I am very curious to know why adultery and fornication have the same punishment- are both crimes considered equally destructive and injurious to the society and the individuals involved?

Also what an honorable way for the men of Universal House of Justice to fill their coffers and ‘fulfill their responsibilities'! (The UHJ consists only of Baha’i men since Baha’i women are not allowed to participate in the law making process in their faith’s supreme governing institution…Now, that’s called gender equality!)

Although Baha’i proponents seem to preach ‘unity, peace and equality among mankind’ their history, marred by violence, and their teachings, which are in fact twisted and changed Islamic laws, contradict their averred concept of world peace and gender equality.

Looking into Baha’i laws, one will very soon realize that they originate from Islamic values and principles, though altered so as to completely lose their meaning, function and spirit; reflecting the corrupt mindset of the Baha’is whose sole objective is to deceive and misguide the Muslim community and destroy the pure and perfect message and teachings of Islam.

“They wish to put out Allah’s light with their mouths. But Allah will continue with His light, even if the rejecters dislike it. He it is Who has sent His Messenger with the guidance and the Religion of truth, that He may cause it to prevail over all religions, however much those who associate partners with Allah may dislike it.”

The holy Quran (61:8-9)

Azadeh

References:

[1] Baha’i propaganda sites

http://www.bahai.us/

http://www.bahai.com/Bahaullah/principles....%20OF%20MANKIND

[2] Teaching the Faith in Israel

By Universal House of Justice

1995-06-23

http://bahai-library.com/index.php5?file=u...ching_in_israel

[3] Teaching the Faith in Israel

By Universal House of Justice

1995-06-23

http://bahai-library.com/index.php5?file=u...ching_in_israel

[4] Letter from the Universal House of Justice, dated October 20, 1994, to several National Spiritual Assemblies.

[5] ‘Gleanings From the Writings of Bahaullah’ page 161

http://www.ibiblio.org/Bahai/Texts/EN/GWB/...-printable.html, see point nr.11

[6] Search for Extra-Terrestrial Intelligence Institute (SETI), Please see FAQ nr. 1

http://www.seti.org/about-us/faq.php#a1

[7a] Wikipedia, Proper motion

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proper_motion

[7b] Wikipedia, Fixed Star

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fixed_star

[8] Gleanings From the Writings of Bahaullah, p. 54.

http://reference.bahai.org/en/t/b/GWB/gwb-22.html

[9] Star of the West Feb.7,1914

[10] ‘God Passes By’, Shoghi Effendi, p. 90

http://www.ibiblio.org/Bahai/Texts/EN/GPB/GPB-7.html

[11] PROCLAMATION TO THE BAHÁ’ÍS OF THE WORLD THROUGH THE ANNUAL CONVENTION OF THE BAHÁ’ÍS OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA ASSEMBLED AT WILMETTE, ILLINOIS, RIDVÁN 117 BAHÁ’Í ERA

http://bahai-guardian.com/Mason.proc.html

[12] Kitab-i-Iqan, ‘The Book of Certitude’, Bahaullah, page 43

http://www.bahai-library.org/compilations/...riptures/1.html

[13] Kitab-i-Aqdas, text nr. 45

http://www.ishwar.com/bahai/holy_kitab_i_aqdas/texts03.html,

[14] Kitab-i-Aqdas, text nr 49

http://www.ishwar.com/bahai/holy_kitab_i_aqdas/texts03.html,

[15] Kitab-i-Aqdas: its place in Baha'i literature

Published in The Baha'i World 1992-93 pages 105-117

Baha'i World Centre, 1993, ISBN 0-85398-996-6

Original written in English.

Haifa: 1993

http://bahai-library.com/file.php5?file=aq...e&language=

See the part on ‘Government’

Over 200 members of the Baha'i faith have been executed in Iran since the Iranian Revolution took place, for heinous crimes such as teaching Sunday School classes. Surely this proves that Islam is a religion of peace.

Persecution of Bahi'is in Iran

The Violent Ways of The Bab and The Babis

MOHAMMED REZA ISFAHANI, APRIL 2006

FEEDBACK PRINT

The following article outlines some of the atrocities committed by the followers of the Babi Faith. While a few of the incidents of carnage and violence are committed by the Babis (including some of the Letters of the Living), it is interesting to note that The Bab in Bayan actually encouraged violence to establish his doctrine on the earth. Unfortunately, a few of his followers, as the incidents below will show were only to happy to comply with his order.

The murder of Haji Mulla Taqi

Haji Mulla Taqi was a leading cleric in Iran who denounced the Bab and his doctrine. Interestingly, Tahera Qurratul Ayn was his daughter-in-law. E G Browne writes, "This (public denunciation of the Bab) cost him his life, for at length certain Babis, stung by his words into uncontrollable anger fell upon him early one morning as he was praying in the mosque and with knives and daggers inflicted upon him eight wounds from the effects of which he expired two days later."

(Ref: Traveller's Narrative, page 198. Also Nuqtatul Kaf, pages 142-143)

Attacking a town and killing its governor

They (Babis) attacked the town and even killed the governor Zainul Abedin Khan - the chief author of their sufferings - while he was at the bath. Finally troops were sent from Shiraz by the governor Tahmas Mirza, and these aided by the tribesmen of Darab and Sabumat, succeeded at length in stamping out the insurrection"

(Ref: Traveller's Narrative, page 258)

The burning of villages

The Babis started looting and plundering the adjoining villages and whatever they could lay their hands on. If they met with any resistance, then they would burn the entire village.

(Ref: Materials For The Study Of The Babi Religion, Prof. E. G. Browne, Page 241)

In one such village the Babis saw that some non-Babis had sought protection. Mulla Hussain and some other Babis arrived at the village and killed 130 people in one night.

Mulla Husayn, the first to believe on the Bab, "notwithstanding his slender and fragile frame and trembling hand," attacked the man who had killed the first Babi and "sliced him in two like a fresh cucumber." Then six other Muslims were killed. "One child was killed accidentally with its father, a dervish, whom they [the Babis] slew because he purposely gave them a misleading answer to a question which they had put to him as to their road."

The Violent Ways of The Bab and The Babis

MOHAMMED REZA ISFAHANI, APRIL 2006

FEEDBACK PRINT

The following article outlines some of the atrocities committed by the followers of the Babi Faith. While a few of the incidents of carnage and violence are committed by the Babis (including some of the Letters of the Living), it is interesting to note that The Bab in Bayan actually encouraged violence to establish his doctrine on the earth. Unfortunately, a few of his followers, as the incidents below will show were only to happy to comply with his order.

The murder of Haji Mulla Taqi

Haji Mulla Taqi was a leading cleric in Iran who denounced the Bab and his doctrine. Interestingly, Tahera Qurratul Ayn was his daughter-in-law. E G Browne writes, "This (public denunciation of the Bab) cost him his life, for at length certain Babis, stung by his words into uncontrollable anger fell upon him early one morning as he was praying in the mosque and with knives and daggers inflicted upon him eight wounds from the effects of which he expired two days later."

(Ref: Traveller's Narrative, page 198. Also Nuqtatul Kaf, pages 142-143)

Attacking a town and killing its governor

They (Babis) attacked the town and even killed the governor Zainul Abedin Khan - the chief author of their sufferings - while he was at the bath. Finally troops were sent from Shiraz by the governor Tahmas Mirza, and these aided by the tribesmen of Darab and Sabumat, succeeded at length in stamping out the insurrection"

(Ref: Traveller's Narrative, page 258)

The burning of villages

The Babis started looting and plundering the adjoining villages and whatever they could lay their hands on. If they met with any resistance, then they would burn the entire village.

(Ref: Materials For The Study Of The Babi Religion, Prof. E. G. Browne, Page 241)

In one such village the Babis saw that some non-Babis had sought protection. Mulla Hussain and some other Babis arrived at the village and killed 130 people in one night.

Mulla Husayn, the first to believe on the Bab, "notwithstanding his slender and fragile frame and trembling hand," attacked the man who had killed the first Babi and "sliced him in two like a fresh cucumber." Then six other Muslims were killed. "One child was killed accidentally with its father, a dervish, whom they [the Babis] slew because he purposely gave them a misleading answer to a question which they had put to him as to their road."

There are bad apples in every orchard, not to mention that the early Babis did not have a lot of guidance. The Zanjan among other upheavals and almost any "killings" on behalf of the Babis were in self-defense: Muslims were trying to kill them and they were defending themselves.

Also, these events can clearly not be considered blemishes of actual Baha'i history (beginning with Baha'u'llah), for that dispensation hadn't even occured yet. Baha'u'llah had his vision in 1853 and declared it in 1863; until 1863 there was only the Babi faith.

There are bad apples in every orchard, not to mention that the early Babis did not have a lot of guidance. The Zanjan among other upheavals and almost any "killings" on behalf of the Babis were in self-defense: Muslims were trying to kill them and they were defending themselves.

Also, these events can clearly not be considered blemishes of actual Baha'i history (beginning with Baha'u'llah), for that dispensation hadn't even occured yet. Baha'u'llah had his vision in 1853 and declared it in 1863; until 1863 there was only the Babi faith.

Thing is, if Babism falls, Baha'ism goes down with it. Baha'is claim that Sayyid Ali Muhammad Shirazi was a manifestation of God like Mirza Husayn Ali. Now, they downplay his role to being merely a forerunner to the latter, ignoring pretty much every he taught himself (seems strange to think that God would have established a new religion, with a new scripture, new law, and all the rest, only to replace it all completely a few years later doesn't it?), as well as the Shi`i context which he was operating with. Most non-Iranian Baha'is at least tend to be horribly ignorant of Twelver Shi`i beliefs and history, and hence don't realize how momentous the so-called "Bab"'s claim were, what he was trying to do, and why he failed so miserably.

His first claims were apparently that he was the bab (gate) to the occulted twelfth Imam (as). The latter, who is the ninth descendant of Imam Husayn b. `Ali (as), and was born around 868 CE., has had two ghaybas, two occultations, one of 70 years or so when he communicated with his followers via the intermediary of a series of babs (or safirs), each succeeding the next, four in total. As to the last, the Imam informed him that in six days he, the safir, was about to die and he was not to appoint a successor as the longer ghayba had begun. During this time, no one may claim to be his special representative as such. The end of the ghayba, his re-appearance, will herald in the end times. Christ will return, the anti-Christ slain, an armeggedon type battle of good over evil, some of the dead will rise, and justice will fill the Earth as it had been filled with oppression. After all this is accomplished, it will be the end of the world, with the Day of Judgment taking place.

What Sayyid Ali Muhammad was first claiming was that he was a bab to the Imam, that is, that he had some special access to him. This in itself is heretical. However, then he went further and claimed he _was_ the Imam, that he had come back (in a sort of re-incarnational way from what I understand of it, after all, the real Imam was born in the 9th common century, how could this young Persian guy be him?) and was going to rule the world with his religion. Some people believed him, thinking he was heralding an apocolypse and such, and it's in this context one can understand the violent actions of his followers. He even upped his claims further to the point of claiming to be God...

Anyhow, there was a famous trial that occured where a number of Shi`i scholars put him to the test, basically saying that well if you're the Imam, you ought to know this, and asked him their questions. He ended up looking like an utter fool, unable to respond to them and it's said a number of his followers lost their faith that day. While as an apostate, and one making seriously blasphemous claims at that, he stood to be executed, they decided he was just insane, and it'd be better to leave him be so long as he renounced his foolish claims, which if I remember right he did.

Now, Baha'is tend to ignore most of this, if they have any clue about it to begin with, presenting his story as solely being a "martyred" forerunner of Baha'ullah, which is where their religion gets started. Again though, if the Bab is demonstrated to have been a fraud, then Baha'ullah is also demonstrated to be one as well as his claims were dependent (however skewed) on the "Bab"'s. (Mind you, the Azalis who continued following their dead leader utterly rejected the replacement religion and claims of Baha'ullah).

A Bahai that i know has recently informed me that the UHJ are communicating to their members to start approaching Muslims in an attempt to convert them to this cult.

It wouldnt surprise me if this Adib guy is attempting to fulfil this goal by joining this forum.......

Its normal for the UHJ to dictate their "policies" to the Bahai communities. Its unfortunate their community cannot see the depth of control the UHJ have on them. Thats what happens when your brainwashed. No wonder Bahais run from discussions about their "faith".....