8 replies to this topic

#1 YaHaidar

YaHaidar

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 137 posts

Posted 12 April 2008 - 08:35 AM

Salaam,

Were you present/ do you know anyone who was in Makkah in November 1979 and witnessed the siege of Masjid Al-Haram?

In November of 1979, the annual Hajj was underway when a large gang of Wahhabi gunmen launched a long-planned revolt against Saudi rule by seizing the Grand Mosque in Mecca. Attempts by Saudi authorities to retake the central Mosque of Islam failed, until French ‘advisors' and a quantity of poison gas was used to flush out barricaded rebels. After 14 days of fighting, much of the Grand Mosque was in ruins and while Saudi figures on the death toll are vague, at least 1,000 people died.

#2 UndercoverBrother

UndercoverBrother

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,856 posts
  • Religion:Islam

Posted 12 April 2008 - 09:29 AM

Salaam

This as far as I know was a failed coup attempt which only lasted a few days or hours atleast and the main reason behind it was to Implement proper Islam over Saudi Arabia I think mainly after seeing Iran's Islamification the Wahabi's thought they could do the same. Anyway General Zia Ul Haq sent Pakistani troops also to deal with the situation i.e kill muslim brothers so Busharraf wasn't the only one to do this they all given the chance wanted to please the kufaar and taghoot to the best of their abilities.

#3 ShahLatif

ShahLatif

Manam aan qatra-e-shabnam, ba-nok-e-khaar me raqsam..

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,123 posts

Posted 12 April 2008 - 02:21 PM

I have seen some footage of the perpetrators in the PBS documentary 'house of Saud'..

#4 Fakaz

Fakaz
  • Basic Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 04:12 AM

ASAlamun Alaykum

Iwould kindly appreciate a feedback on anyone who was either present or knows somebody who was present in Makkah during the Seige in the Grand Mosque during november 1979.

Anxiously waiting for your reply.

Salaams and Duas.

Fatema

#5 Fakaz

Fakaz
  • Basic Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 05:45 AM

ASalam Alaykum.

I wanted information about anyone present in Makkah during November 1979 Seige of the Grand Mosque.

I will appreciate a quick feedback.

Thank you

Salaams & Duas,

Fatema

#6 Ibn al-Hussain

Ibn al-Hussain

[-Talib e Ilm-]

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,550 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 11:11 AM

(bismillah)

(salam)

Someone had asked this question on another forum and I responded to it, I thought I would reply here as well. Many times Sunni/Wahabis will bring propaganda material about Iranian Shia pilgrims attacking the Kaaba in 1987 but they are very keen on hiding what their Wahabi ancestors had carried out roughly a decade before that. After the 1979 Iranian revolution (which took years to accomplish), some geezers (led by a person who had studied under Bin Baaz at University) decided they would pull something like that off too in Makkah, some lad claimed to be the Mahdi [him] so to bring peace and justice all over the world, the result was countless deaths in the holiest city in the world where even killing an insect is not allowed. The place became a hostage situation.

Posted Image

Posted Image

The Leader: 1979 Juhaiman ibn Muhammad ibn Saif al Utaiba

Some foreign observers thought in 1979 that traditionalism was no longer a strong force in Saudi Arabia. This idea was disproved when at least 500 dissidents invaded and seized the Grand Mosque in Mecca on November 20, 1979. The leader of the dissidents, Juhaiman ibn Muhammad ibn Saif al Utaiba, a Sunni, was from one of the foremost families of Najd. His grandfather had ridden with Abd al Aziz in the early decades of the century, and other family members were among the foremost of the Ikhwan. Juhaiman said that his justification was that the Al Saud had lost its legitimacy through corruption, ostentation, and mindless imitation of the West--virtually an echo of his grandfather's charge in 1921 against Abd al Aziz. Juhaiman's accusations against the Saudi monarchy closely resembled Ayatollah Ruhollah Musaui, Khomeini's diatribes against the Shah.

The Saudi leadership was stunned and initially paralyzed by the takeover. The Grand Mosque surrounds the Kaaba, symbol of the oneness of God and believed by Muslims to have been built by the Prophet Abraham. The courtyard is one of the sites where the hajj, the fifth pillar of Islam, is enacted. Because of the holiness of the place, no non-Muslims may enter the city of Mecca. Furthermore, all holy places come under a special injunction in Islam. It is forbidden to shed blood there or to deface or to pollute them in any way. Despite careful planning on Juhaiman's part, a guard was shot dead by one of the nervous dissidents. Such a desecration is a major violation under Islamic law and merits crucifixion for the convicted offender.

Juhaiman's party included women as well as men, other peninsular Arabs, and a few Egyptians. A score of the dissidents were unemployed graduates of the kingdom's seminary in Medina. They had provisions for the siege they expected as well as extensive supplies of arms.

The government's initial attempts to rout the dissidents were stymied. Before any military move could be authorized, the ulama had to issue a dispensation to allow the bearing of arms in a holy place. When the religious problems were solved by announcement of the ulama's ruling, logistical problems bogged down the efforts of the military and the national guard for several days. Finally, two weeks later the military effort succeeded, and the dissidents were dislodged. All the surviving males were eventually beheaded in the squares of four Saudi cities.

Source

For more pictures and a lot of other information you can go here.

Foreign Exchange with Fareed Zakaria

We discuss the 1979 siege of Mecca and it’s implications for us today with the author of The Siege of Mecca, Yaroslav Trofimov. And a report on being a journalist in Iraq.

Wassalam

#7 Ibn al-Hussain

Ibn al-Hussain

[-Talib e Ilm-]

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,550 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 11:20 AM

(salam)

Research for The Siege of Mecca involved requesting the declassification of hundreds of secret State Department, Central Intelligence Agency and British Foreign Office documents that contain previously unknown details about the bloody events of 1979 and their consequences.

The State Department was particularly forthcoming in releasing these documents. A selection of previously classified diplomatic cables below sheds unexpected new light on the Middle East's political dynamic.

http://www.randomhou...edDocuments.php

They have some interesting real scanned documents such as American Consulate Dhahran update on the mood of Saudi Shiites, American Embassy Jidda update on the fighting in Mecca, Anti-American letter send by Shiite radicals described by American Consulate Dhahran.

Wassalam

#8 Maula Dha Mallang

Maula Dha Mallang

Resident Wahabbi Vermin Slayer At Your Service

• Banned
  • 13,007 posts
  • Location:The Depths of Usoolis Worst Nightmares and Insecurities
  • Religion:my religion is nothing but love and hate in equal measure
  • Interests:Never break anyones heart
    your Rabb lives there

Posted 04 March 2009 - 11:30 AM

god DAYYYYYYYYM is there any sanctity these bloody wahabbis actually respect???

btw...i found the claims that homeboy was the mahdi, and then promtly get killed, to be absolutely hilarious. i love it when disaster strikes wahabbis

#9 Logic

Logic

Wannabe Shia

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,519 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 03:57 PM

(bismillah)

(salam)

Someone had asked this question on another forum and I responded to it, I thought I would reply here as well. Many times Sunni/Wahabis will bring propaganda material about Iranian Shia pilgrims attacking the Kaaba in 1987

The thing is the Shias were not even close to the Kaaba and the pictures posted even by the Wahhabis showed people holding ropes similar to what you see in our Ashura procession which leads me to believe it was a pre-planned rally that went bad perhaps provoked by the Saudi govt militia.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users