- - - - -

Prayer For Wishes Or Desires....

8 replies to this topic

#1 Hussam_Ali

Hussam_Ali
  • Basic Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 03:09 PM

I remember hearing a long time ago about a type of prayer or du'a that one uses if one has a particular desire or wish for something...what exactly was this, can anyone shed any light? I feel sometimes as if my prayers are completely ignored. The longer this continues, the longer I feel like I am alone and talking to myself when I pray.

#2 DrEaMa

DrEaMa

• Advanced Members
  • PipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 06:27 PM

Salam Wal Ikram,

I cannot even begin to list them, there are so many... the one prayer i have in mind at the moment is Salat Al-hujjah (atf). note that every prayer or Munajaat is rewarding however long or short it may be, sincerity is the key factor. Anyhow Salat al-hujjah is two Rakaat.

Recite surat Fati7a, when you get to these words"Iyakana3badu wa iyakanista3een" recite this a 100 times and continue the fatiha followed by Surat Ikhlass (Ahad). Proceed with the next rakaa doing the exactly same as the first. Basically it like fajr prayer except the part where you must recite 100 times as said above. There is Dua Hazeen the sorrowful dua, recite this when you feel upset, lonely, helpless... I find reading Hadith Kisaa quite rewarding and the affect is extremely vast. You have Dua Kumayl on thursday that enters the heart and melts the soul. Ziyaraat Ashura is beyond comprehension, If you recite ziyaraat 3ashura Imam Mohamad Baqir a.s says if this ziyaraat is recited at home, he will receive the same reward as what the Angels ask from Allah swt. Allah will reward him 100 thousand times more his good amals and will be considered as a Martyr with the followers the Imam a.s. It even goes to the extent if someone cannot afford to visit Imam Hussein a.s for him to recite this ziyaraat and dua together with his dua for touba (repentence) will be accepted by Imam Hussein a.s and Allah swt.

If you want to know more i would be more than happy to write them down.

Please keep us in your duas. Fi Amanillah

DrEaMa...

Edited by DrEaMa, 06 February 2008 - 06:27 PM.

#3 Hussam_Ali

Hussam_Ali
  • Basic Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 08:15 PM

yes please :)

#4 786khayr

786khayr

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 179 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 08:44 PM

(wasalam) There are many, but here are two:
There is dua-e-tawassul... inshAllah duaas are accepted if it is read with pure intentions.

Then there is also the namaze-imam-e-zamana... (which is a 2 rakat prayer) read after salatul-Isha...
Please remember us all in ur prayers and don't lose hope..

#5 DrEaMa

DrEaMa

• Advanced Members
  • PipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 12:06 AM

Hussam request granted.

The one dua lingering in my mind that will allow you to contemplate is called Dua Mashlool. I absolutely love this dua... it is very powerful, in fact the story for this dua is incredible. Whoever recites this dua it is said to be as powerful as bringing the dead back to life. indeed the one who recites it must have pure intentions to have such an effect. This dua is amazing and consists of the names of Allah subhana wata3ala. Please read it once at least and remember us when you begin to feel the presence of this dua. On the other hand we also have Dua Jabraeel a.s, I cannot not even begin to tell you the reward of this dua. Its mind blowing.

Onto some prayers... We have a beautiful prayer that is prayed on every friday and is called Salat Jafar At-tayar. Let me tell you, this prayer was revealed to Jafar a.s who is the brother of Imam Ali a.s, when Jafar At-tayaar a.s was fighting in one of battles for the Prophet (s) and was victorious. However when it was his turn to receive a reward he missed out on receiving the treasures which every companion is entitled to after winning a battle. The Rasool (s) taught this prayer to Jafar Atayaar and then stated the reward of this prayer is more than what the sun illumintes on this earth. Subhan'Allah.

I will leave you to ponder and maybe put up some more later. fi Amanillah

DrEaMa...

Edited by DrEaMa, 07 February 2008 - 12:09 AM.

#6 Eurybia

Eurybia

• Unregistered
  • PipPipPip
  • 930 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 01:18 AM

The recitation of Aayat ul Mulk ( Surah Aale e Imran 26,27) is highly recommended after compulsary prayer for the acceptance of special prayer.

Try this too. And please never give up hope, that Allah is not listening to u or wat so ever. He's very merciful and if u won't get wat u want, then u'll definitely get something which will be better for u.

#7 Hussam_Ali

Hussam_Ali
  • Basic Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 08:07 AM

thanks....I'll search them online or something, I don't know the scripts for them.

Seriously, do these actually make a difference? Have they ever for you? I'm exhausted trying to believe that there's a reason or "something better will come along". I feel like a self-deluding brainwashed idiot.

#8 Hijabi

Hijabi
  • Basic Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 04:19 PM

thanks....I'll search them online or something, I don't know the scripts for them.

Seriously, do these actually make a difference? Have they ever for you? I'm exhausted trying to believe that there's a reason or "something better will come along". I feel like a self-deluding brainwashed idiot.

Salam'Alaikum

If you haven't already been there, make sure you visit Duas.org ... this place is heaven for pple searching for Duas. Here is a link for the Duas for Hajaat: http://www.duas.org/hajaat.htm ... also if you go to main page, they have links for Specific Purpose ... you may find something there. The list is endless for Duas. There isn't any way we could all gather them into one book (or site, whatever)..

I'm gonna try my best to add to what the pple have stated above.

As for your question to 'do these actually make a difference' ... well, now see, that totally depends on you and your level of Faith. This whole life is a test, and life is gonna throw you a curveball once in a while, so you've gotta know how to dodge it. And the first step to that is being strong in faith when asking from Allah Subhanahu WaTa'ala. That means: No doubts, and having faith that whatever happens, happens for a reason.. The doubts in your mind are works of the shaitaan, and that is exactly what he wants you to think ... that 'is there someone really listening to me?' ... The only reason I'm saying this is cuz I've been through something that made me doubt whether or not my prayers were being accepted.. At one point I had even stopped praying, thinking 'Whats the point?' :cry: ... but thats what the shaitaan wants, so be careful to remove all doubts in your mind before you sit down to make Dua. ... the minute you give up, is the minute shaitaan does his little victory dance.

Ok, so, from my experience (yes, these Duas really do work), I'm gonna try and give you a few Duas to read and check out. Insha'Allah, they will help you and guide you towards righteousness.

Dua E Mashlool - Already mentioned, but I'll add to the above post ... TRULY POWERFUL DUA! Just WOW ... Read the translation along with the Arabic if you don't understand Arabic. Remember that these duas are sorta like a voice for our thoughts, to reach the Almighty Allah. Esp for those of us who have trouble wording our Duas.... So, if we're reading something we don't understand, its not gonna have the same effect on us, right? http://www.duas.org/.../background.htm

Dua E Kumayl - They say that sumtimes our sins are what blocks our duas from coming true. Sins can be a HUGE barrier for the acceptance of our duas . If that is the case, then Dua e Kumayl is one of the most powerful purifier of all sins.. Its an amazing Dua and can be recited as many times as you like during the day. You could recite it after every salat (5 times or 3 times) or once a day, or once a week. Basically, the more the better. http://www.duas.org/kumayl.htm

There is also a whole lot of Duas in Sahifa e Sajjadiya ... You can go through the list and see which one best suits your situation. http://www.duas.org/...a/sajjadiya.htm ... remember to read the translation, cuz thats when the magic happens ...

Just remember that all of these Duas are been given to us so that we can become 'close' to Allah Subhanahu waTa'ala. Its not so that we recite the Duas, get what we want, and then forget Him ÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì ... Allah ÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì gives us difficulties in our lives so that we can have an 'excuse' to be with Him ÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì and to ask from Him ÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì ...

If you get the chance, please listen to this Lecture by Sayyed Ammar Nakshawani ... I promise it will help you achieve your goal :) , insha'Allah..

http://ca.youtube.co...mp;search_type=

You can search the videos (there are 7 parts) ... he tells all about Dua and the importance and method of Dua (thats really important.. i don't have time now but this speech really does a good job of telling 'how' to make Dua )

Please, do listen to this lecture.. it helped pull me thru a pretty ruff time. Alhamdu'Lillah, and I believe that it may help others too, Insha'Allah..

I pray that Allah Subhanahu WaTa'ala grants your legitimate desires, and gives you happiness. Aameen.

Fi Aman Allah.

Edited by Hijabi, 07 February 2008 - 04:36 PM.

#9 Hussam_Ali

Hussam_Ali
  • Basic Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 09:11 AM

Thanks bro, appreciate it.

I'm not sure it's Satan, I think it's my ability to reason and use logic. If I insist that whatever it is happens for a reason then I could blindly ignore my whole family being killed and me losing my limbs and all my senses. My faith is very fragile and I doubt it's going to get much stronger!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users