#1 SoRoUsH

SoRoUsH

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,972 posts
  • Interests:Unveiling The Light

Posted 22 January 2008 - 01:26 AM

(salam)

The fact there were Christians martyrs raises many questions.
However, I'd like to learn more about them first.

So, could someone please post some information about them.
The names that I have read are,

Wahab ibn Abu Wahab's mother and John
Wahab ibn Abu Wahab and his wife reverted right before their martydom.

Could someone please provide more information about these 4 individuals?

Thank you

#2 Malek-e-Ashtar

Malek-e-Ashtar

Ya Muhammad (saww)

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 944 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 07:37 PM

No reference, but aparently the Hindus in india (some faction - hussaini brahmins) claim there was/were hindu in imam's lashkar too.......

#3 Rawshni

Rawshni

The likes of Me DO NOT submit to the likes of them.

• Banned
  • 20,124 posts
  • Interests:A bit of this and that, some of these and those, and well, hama, shoma ...

Posted 22 January 2008 - 09:12 PM

Could do better in the Moharram Forum.

#4 raat ki rani

raat ki rani

kindness is half of life

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,499 posts
  • Interests:reading, MSN, sports, hmm actually q a boring person..

Posted 23 January 2008 - 12:30 PM

you can read this book, it has a small chapter on the martydom of Wahab and his newly wedded wife. In the actual book its on page 70, but im not sure in this internet book. it might take a while finding it

http://almahdi.4t.co...sue7/page7.html

#5 Malek-e-Ashtar

Malek-e-Ashtar

Ya Muhammad (saww)

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 944 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 08:27 PM

Alhamdolilah, thanks raat ki raani for that link! I personally also needed info. on Wahab, may all your duas and prayers be fulfilled ba haqe ahlulbat (as).

The info on Wahab is on Page 27, of the link provided above.
3-Wahb

Wahb, his mother Qamar and his wife Haniyyah whom he had recently married lived in the desert of Tha'labiyyah. Wahb would take his sheep and goats to the pasture in the mountains and would return home at night. All three were Christians and they lived a simple peaceful life although they were very poor.

As Imam al-Husayn's caravan advanced towards Kufah, he spotted a half burnt-out tent in the desert of Tha'labiyyah. The Imam went to the tent and found an old woman was seemed stricken with poverty. The Imam asked her about her situation in the desert. She explained, "We manage to survive but there is great shortage of water. If only there was water here, our lives would be far more comfortable." The Imam took the woman to a rock and as he struck it with his spear a cold spring of sweet water gushed forth. The old woman could not contain her joy and repeatedly thanked the Imam.
Before he left her the Imam told the old woman of the reason for his journey and said that he would camp at Karbala'. He asked old woman to tell her son on his return to join him and help him in the way of the truth.

After the Imam left, the old woman became preoccupied with the honour, magnanimity, generosity and the kindness of the Imam. She wished to follow the Imam immediately but realized that she would have to wait for the return of Wahb and Haniyyah. No sooner had Wahb returned with his newly wed wife that Qamar the old woman told them of the events of that day and conveyed the message of the Imam to him. The hearts of all three were at once captured by the love of Imam al-Husayn. They immediately set off for Karbala' and joined the family and supporters of Imam al-Husayn. It was at this time that all three embraced the faith of Islam at the hands of the Imam. On the day of 'Ashura'', 10th Muharram on which Imam al-Husayn was brutally killed, Wahb and Haniyyah had been married for a mere seventeen days.

#6 Toronto110

Toronto110

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 24 January 2008 - 01:44 PM

Alhamdolilah, thanks raat ki raani for that link! I personally also needed info. on Wahab, may all your duas and prayers be fulfilled ba haqe ahlulbat (as).

The info on Wahab is on Page 27, of the link provided above.
3-Wahb

Wahb, his mother Qamar and his wife Haniyyah whom he had recently married lived in the desert of Tha'labiyyah. Wahb would take his sheep and goats to the pasture in the mountains and would return home at night. All three were Christians and they lived a simple peaceful life although they were very poor.

As Imam al-Husayn's caravan advanced towards Kufah, he spotted a half burnt-out tent in the desert of Tha'labiyyah. The Imam went to the tent and found an old woman was seemed stricken with poverty. The Imam asked her about her situation in the desert. She explained, "We manage to survive but there is great shortage of water. If only there was water here, our lives would be far more comfortable." The Imam took the woman to a rock and as he struck it with his spear a cold spring of sweet water gushed forth. The old woman could not contain her joy and repeatedly thanked the Imam.
Before he left her the Imam told the old woman of the reason for his journey and said that he would camp at Karbala'. He asked old woman to tell her son on his return to join him and help him in the way of the truth.

After the Imam left, the old woman became preoccupied with the honour, magnanimity, generosity and the kindness of the Imam. She wished to follow the Imam immediately but realized that she would have to wait for the return of Wahb and Haniyyah. No sooner had Wahb returned with his newly wed wife that Qamar the old woman told them of the events of that day and conveyed the message of the Imam to him. The hearts of all three were at once captured by the love of Imam al-Husayn. They immediately set off for Karbala' and joined the family and supporters of Imam al-Husayn. It was at this time that all three embraced the faith of Islam at the hands of the Imam. On the day of 'Ashura'', 10th Muharram on which Imam al-Husayn was brutally killed, Wahb and Haniyyah had been married for a mere seventeen days.

MashaAllah JJ Brothers/sisters
May Allah JJ bless you all.
"Aazam Allah o Ujooruna ba masabinal Hussain (as)"

Just want to add what i heard from Agha Fazil Moosavi that when Hazrat Wahb e Kalbi (ra) got shahadat, enemies of faith cut his head from the body right there. Another shaheed like that was Hazrat Habib ibn Mazahir (ra) whose body was beheaded right after their shahadat.
Other shuhada's bodies were beheaded after Imam e Mazloom e Karbala (as) got shahadat

Please write/post something about Hazrat Saeed (ra) who took the arrows on his chest, along with Abu Thumama Saidawi (ra),while Imam was praying.

#7 Rawshni

Rawshni

• Banned
  • 20,124 posts
  • Interests:A bit of this and that, some of these and those, and well, hama, shoma ...

Posted 24 January 2008 - 02:33 PM

MashaAllah JJ Brothers/sisters
May Allah JJ bless you all.
"Aazam Allah o Ujooruna ba masabinal Hussain (as) "

Just want to add what i heard from Agha Fazil Moosavi that when Hazrat Wahb e Kalbi (ra) got shahadat, enemies of faith cut his head from the body right there. Another shaheed like that was Hazrat Habib ibn Mazahir (ra) whose body was beheaded right after their shahadat.
Other shuhada's bodies were beheaded after Imam e Mazloom e Karbala (as) got shahadat

Please write/post something about Hazrat Saeed (ra) who took the arrows on his chest, along with Abu Thumama Saidawi (ra) ,while Imam was praying.

(salam)

It has come to down us, from more than one source, that Wahb-e-Kalbi's severed head was thrown at his Mother as a taunt.

The Lady kissed it, and threw it back towards the l'aanatees, saying that "We do not take back anything that we have given in Sadaqah of Hussain"

#8 Malek-e-Ashtar

Malek-e-Ashtar

Ya Muhammad (saww)

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 944 posts

Posted 24 January 2008 - 04:43 PM

^Thanks for that too, its amazing how one gets whatever they're looking for. When I mentioned about Hazart Wahab to my mum this morning she added what you just mentioned sis. Rawshni, although I didn't give it much thought thinking that there is a possibility that my mum may be mixed up with the other companions, that just confirms it.

muchas gracias.

#9 p@i@m

p@i@m

morteza

• Advanced Members
  • PipPip
  • 636 posts
  • Interests:al-Islam, writing, photography, poetry, the awakening of the sleeping brothers and sisters, secret societies, Islah al-Nafs, becoming a friend of al-Mahdi(AJ) etc.

Posted 24 January 2008 - 05:00 PM

(salam)
jazakallahu kheir to all of you for these astonishingly inspiring details of the shahada of imam al husain (as) and his 72 followers.

keep up the good work insha Allah ta'ala, I will not forget you brothers and sisters in my prayers.
wassalam

#10 SoRoUsH

SoRoUsH

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,972 posts
  • Interests:Unveiling The Light

Posted 24 January 2008 - 05:07 PM

Great information
Thank you

Now...
How about John?
I believe he was abu dharr's slave. right?

#11 Malek-e-Ashtar

Malek-e-Ashtar

Ya Muhammad (saww)

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 944 posts

Posted 24 January 2008 - 05:27 PM

Here is a bit from this link: http://www.islamic-c...rch05page.htm#8

Jon, the black slave

He was originally the servant to Abu Thar Akghifary, a close companion of Imam Ali. His full name was John Ibn Jowey. He returned to Madeenah after Abu Thar was banished by the third caliph and became loyal to the Ahl Albait. He was in the service of Imam Ali, Imam Hassan, Imam Hussain, and Imam Ali Ibn Al-Hussain. He came to Karbala with Imam Hussain and was responsible for fixing and preparing the swords and various other weapons. He fought with the Imam until he was killed. The Imam sat and then lay down next to his dead body in the same manner as he did with his own son Ali Akbar and prayed to Allah for him.

#12 Cyan_Garamond

Cyan_Garamond

• Unregistered
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,367 posts

Posted 24 January 2008 - 06:22 PM

They died as Christians? Evidently not!

#13 Rawshni

Rawshni

• Banned
  • 20,124 posts

Posted 24 January 2008 - 06:26 PM

^Thanks for that too, its amazing how one gets whatever they're looking for. When I mentioned about Hazart Wahab to my mum this morning she added what you just mentioned sis. Rawshni, although I didn't give it much thought thinking that there is a possibility that my mum may be mixed up with the other companions, that just confirms it.

muchas gracias.

(salam)

May Allah bless your mother with a long healthy life, and she may keep telling you such priceless facts

Aameen

#14 Malek-e-Ashtar

Malek-e-Ashtar

Ya Muhammad (saww)

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 944 posts

Posted 24 January 2008 - 07:00 PM

^Illahi Ameen, thank you ever so much for that Du'a.

May Allah increase your daughter and your family in iman, piety, prosperity, success and knowledge. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users