List Of Haram And Wajib Acts

8 replies to this topic

#1 dingdong

dingdong

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,906 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 09:40 PM

Does anyone now where I can get the loong list of haram and wajib acts? So that I cancheck them off one by one so that I know I am no doing anything haram or missing out on the wajib acts?

#2 Director

Director

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 892 posts
  • Interests:Islam

Posted 17 January 2008 - 09:57 PM

read the index of the book "gunahan e kabira"

#3 dingdong

dingdong

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,906 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 04:09 AM

It includes ALL the small and big haram acts? So that if I check them all off, I am safe? I will have satisfied Fiqh? And is this book in urdu? I can hardly read urdu but will try anyways. Do you ahve a an English copy or somehting online?

#4 Director

Director

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 892 posts
  • Interests:Islam

Posted 18 January 2008 - 04:40 AM

greater sins http://www.najaf.org/english/book/37/

#5 dingdong

dingdong

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,906 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 11:44 AM

So is there no clear cut list? Like for example:

Haram things:
Lying
Running away from battle
uqul walidain
etc
etc
etc

Wajib things:
Salah
Jihad bis Saif
Saving someones life
Replying with Wa Alaikum Assalam
etc
etc
etc

#6 dingdong

dingdong

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,906 posts

Posted 26 January 2008 - 12:30 PM

oh cmon there must be SOMETHING. How about making a list on our own?

#7 SpIzo

SpIzo

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,419 posts

Posted 26 January 2008 - 02:12 PM

Does anyone now where I can get the loong list of haram and wajib acts? So that I cancheck them off one by one so that I know I am no doing anything haram or missing out on the wajib acts?

Well, you are not going to take the list along with you everywhere, are you? Wajib and haraam acts are actually in tune with your nature (fitrah). If your conscience is clear, it should naturally occur to you, that you have to perform your prayers on time or you should not tell lies or it is wrong to steal or help an elderly person or help someone in any way you can etc. . You don't need a list to remind you of it.

If at all you want a list, it should be to account yourself for the day as Imam Ali Úáíå ÇáÓáÇã said: Account yourself before you are accounted. So, what you can do is make a monthly sheet with 30/31 days given. The first column should consist of the acts while the rest of the columns should be of dates 1-30/31.

The first column could consists acts like 1) prayed salaah on time . . (on the next line) 2 ) lied . .(next line) 3) gave charity . .(next line) 4) fasted . .(next line) 5) hurt/offended someone . . and so on (all the acts you want to note down). ..

Then, at the end of the day, against today's date, you can check/uncheck the amaal which you have done/not done and accordingly rectify yourself and ensure that you don't repeat the bad acts for the next day.

#8 siraatoaliyinhaqqun

siraatoaliyinhaqqun

Abd Ali

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,617 posts
  • Religion:12 Aimma masomeen a.s
  • Interests:Loving Mohammad wa Aale Mohammad

Posted 28 January 2008 - 03:38 PM

Asalaamalaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakaato Hu,

Sura Nisa: 4:48 Inna Allaha la yaghfiru an yushraka bihi wayaghfiru ma doona thalika liman yashao waman yushrik biAllahi faqadi iftara ithman AAatheeman �

Allah would never forgive shirk but all the other gunah can be forgiven if Mashiath Allah (Ahlul Bayth a.s) wills: for he who has done Shirk has indeed contrived a great sin(Gunah Kabira)

Gunah kabira: Imam Jaffer as Sadiq a.s said: la kabirata ma al isteghfar wama saghirata ma al israar.

A gunah doesn't remain kabira once you do isteghfar and any saghira if done repeatedly becomes kabira.

Imam Jaffer as Sadiq a.s Akbar ul Kabair(Akbar than Gunah Kabeer) are 7 and they are all related to us, the Ahlul Bayth a.s:

• 1. As Shirko Billah: Inallaha qala fi ala ma qala wa rasooallahe qala ma qala wa khazaballaho rasoolahu�
What Allah swt says in our grandeur and what rasoolallah saww says regarding our grandeur and denying our grandeur is denying Rasool Allah saww and denying Rasool Allah saww is denying Allah swt and Denying Allah swt is a clear act of Shirk.

Muhammad ibn Yahya has narrated from Muhammad ibn al-Husayn from Muhammad ibn Isa from Safwan ibn Yahya from Dawud ibn al-Husayn from Umar ibn Hanzala who has said the following:

......"Whoever rejects us-he rejects Allah swt and it is an act of Shrik (preferring someone's decision over rules set by Allah swt)."

Note: Believing in two gods according to shara is called sanaviath and such a group is called sanavi and they are not on haq.

2. Wa khatlul nafsulladi haramallaho.

Killing Imam Hussain .a.s., his aulaad and his ashaab is Akbar ul Kabair.

• 3. Wa uqooq ul walidain
Imam Jaffer as Sadiq a.s says: Walidain(parents) refers to Rasool Allah saww and Imam Ali a.s. and taking away rights of Walidain is a Gunah Akbar ul Kabair.

There are many traditions from Ahlulbayth (as) that indicate Ahla al Dhikr, Ulil Amr, waliekum, raseekhoona fil Ilm to be Right of AhlulBayth a.s.

• 4. Wa khadqul moghsinaate: Blaming women of elevated position that they are lying.
It is about Syeda Fatima Zahra s.a and Syeda Zainab s.a.

• 5. Wa aghlomalal yateeme : Nahno yateemul rasoolallahe wa luboobil khaina
Imam explains here that, one who eats away his share, i.e., Khums has committed Gunah al Akbar al Kabair.

4:10 Behold, those who sinfully devour the possessions of orphans but fill their bellies with fire: for [in the life to come] they will have to endure a blazing flame!

Inna allatheena yakuloona amwala alyatama thulman innama yakuloona fee butoonihim naran wasayaslawna saAAeeran

• 6. Wa firaro minas zohaf.
Running away from where you should have gathered. It applies to run away from Battle field, Azadari, Juloos(aza or any religious gathering), Matam, etc.

• 7. Wa inkaaro haqqena ahlul bayth.
Denying the right of Ahlul Bayth a.s., which is Wilayat, Ulil Amri , Ahle Dhikr, Rasekoona Fil Ilm, Sifath Allah, Ilm Allah, Mashiayath Allah( The ayat at the beginning from Sura Nisa talks about Mashiyath)., etc.

I hope it has helped you.

Ya Ali Madad

#9 Replicant

Replicant

You'll Never Walk Alone

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,781 posts
  • Religion:Islam

Posted 03 July 2011 - 12:10 PM

what is gunaah?

Gunaah means sin. Gunaah Kabeera is a major sin whereas Ghunaah Sagheera is a minor sin.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users