Guest Dialectician

What Are You Reading Currently? [OFFICIAL THREAD]

Rate this topic

http://al-islam.org/adab/

40 Hadith by Imam Khomeini (ra)

Lantern of the Path by Imam Ja'far al-Sadiq (as)

Thanks bro for the link!

I have the book, haven't seen any links of it, so for that i apologise. This book is beyond comprehension, its mind blowing and intriguing. It encourages one to understand the essence of Salah and how to attain a high level of spirituality through salah. However what has me baffled thus far is chapter 5 desribing 'Some Disciplines of wadu in respect of the interior and the heart'. It delves in so deep, that performing ablution is not just cooling your cells with water but a purifier that washes away your sins. Subhana'Allah..

DrEaMa...

I only saw the ppt and i was moved,so i can imagine how intriguing the book would be.Insha'Allah im planning to start reading from today itself and hopefully implement it in my daily sal'ah.Insha'Allah. :angel:

I am reading "The Chosen" by Chaim Potok

it's about friendship between a jewish boy and a (hasidic) jewish boy.

Why am I reading it??

Cus I have to... for my Ethnicity Literature class. I'd have to read To Kill a Mockingbird next week, and then The Bean Trees, Tortilla Curtain, and many other novel

The Book of Mormon. My colleague and I have been discussing religion lately, and she was trying to explain the need for an intercessor to me. I was not convinced, so she gave me the book and recommended I read a particular section.

Cus I have to... for my Ethnicity Literature class. I'd have to read To Kill a Mockingbird next week, and then The Bean Trees, Tortilla Curtain, and many other novel

I enjoyed To Kill a Mockingbird. I read it because I heard it was good, though, not because I had to.

I am reading "The Chosen" by Chaim Potok

it's about friendship between a jewish boy and a (hasidic) jewish boy.

Sounds interesting, is it going good?

I'm reading The Shade of Swords – Jihad & the conflict between Islam & Christianity by M.J. Akbar; it's really interesting & the writer's style is very inviting. I reccommend it.

Sounds interesting, is it going good?

I'm reading The Shade of Swords – Jihad & the conflict between Islam & Christianity by M.J. Akbar; it's really interesting & the writer's style is very inviting. I reccommend it.

I had a look at the reviews of the book; what I would find funny is if Pakistan and Bangladesh merged back into India :)

Guest Dialectician

Culture and Imperialism by Edward Said

Darwin's Dangerous Idea by Daniel C. Dennett

Culture and Imperialism by Edward Said

Very good choice :). Have you read Orientalism? If so, what did you think?

Guest Dialectician
Very good choice :) . Have you read Orientalism? If so, what did you think?
read both.. lets start a thread on them

I've this major exam in a fortnight. We'll definitely discuss them sooner or later - now that I've found you two. :P

Edited by Dialectician

I've this major exam in a fortnight. We'll definitely discuss them sooner or later - now that I've found you two. :P

For sure - will give me some time to read over Orientalism again :)