Guest Dialectician

What Are You Reading Currently? [OFFICIAL THREAD]

Rate this topic

The Question of Zion by Jacqueline Rose

Jinnah of Pakistan by Stanley Wolpert

That book has some interesting thoughts. If you haven't already, do check out Ayesha Jalal's 'Sole Spokesman' for a contrasting view of Jinnah's personality and the logic of his politics (specifically, why he demanded Pakistan).

(salam)

Thanks.. very interesting books everyone. I liked the short stories in Jhumpa Lahiri;s bpook, though I prefer Urdu classics by Q. Hyder and others.

I looked up the links on amazon and this inteesting one came up:

Challenge the Arab/Muslim-bashing.

A Listmania! list by Preston C. Enright (Denver, CO United States)

http://www.amazon.com/Challenge-the-Arab-M...ZBJYER966G3WKQT

Salam,

i am reading stories of converted ppl to ISLAM and also abt the Bahaei Religion since i hv friends from this religion and it said that this religion came from shia :wacko: :angry: so i wanna know abt them more.

Fari

ADABUS-SALAT by Imam Khomeini (s.a)

DrEaMa...

Thats simply great!I just saw a ppt the other day about it and loved it..inshallah planning to read the book soon..Can you provide a link to it,if any?

Thats simply great!I just saw a ppt the other day about it and loved it..inshallah planning to read the book soon..Can you provide a link to it,if any?

I have the book, haven't seen any links of it, so for that i apologise. This book is beyond comprehension, its mind blowing and intriguing. It encourages one to understand the essence of Salah and how to attain a high level of spirituality through salah. However what has me baffled thus far is chapter 5 desribing 'Some Disciplines of wadu in respect of the interior and the heart'. It delves in so deep, that performing ablution is not just cooling your cells with water but a purifier that washes away your sins. Subhana'Allah..

DrEaMa...

Edited by DrEaMa