- - - - -

Surah 33 - Ayat 33

18 replies to this topic

#1 Awwaliyya

Awwaliyya
  • Basic Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 04:09 PM

This has probably been talked about before, either here on shiachat or elsewhere, but... Yesterday while reading this surah and verse somthing dawned on me...

33:33 (3+3=6 & 3+3=6)&(6+6=12) Hence 12 Imams!!! Suhannallah!!! Anybody think this is coincidence? I sure don't.

Like to hear what you all think.

ws,
Jason

#2 Ibn al-Hussain

Ibn al-Hussain

[-Talib e Ilm-]

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,532 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 04:14 PM

Hmm. . . interesting.

#3 peaceonearth

peaceonearth

• Unregistered
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,827 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 04:20 PM

whats so special about a number that adds up to 12? in any case that sura and verse number will be there as any other book with suras/verses

#4 riz8663

riz8663
  • Basic Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 04:54 PM

whats so special about a number that adds up to 12? in any case that sura and verse number will be there as any other book with suras/verses

You are precisely right, but whats so special about 33:33 and adding it up to 12 is that this verse refers to Ahlul Bayt and Imams are 12, i think thats the point this brother was trying to make...
But you are right numbers are just numbers...

#5 peaceonearth

peaceonearth

• Unregistered
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,827 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 06:46 PM

oh see what the op is implying,

YUSUFALI: And stay quietly in your houses, and make not a dazzling display, like that of the former Times of Ignorance; and establish regular Prayer, and give regular Charity; and obey Allah and His Messenger. And Allah only wishes to remove all abomination from you, ye members of the Family, and to make you pure and spotless.

well personally im not sure if its anything special as to the numbers adding up to 12,besides according to several traditions,this specific verse came down when the prophet(pbuhh), fatima(as), imam ali(as) ,imam hassan(as), and imam hussain(as) were present (then the prophet (pbuhh) covered them with the cloak) and said ''0 Allah! this is my family and the nearest of my kin, keep away from them uncleanness and keep them pure as pure can be''

- so as to the stated theory ,i dont think it has a chance.

Edited by jund, 14 November 2007 - 06:46 PM.

#6 Awwaliyya

Awwaliyya
  • Basic Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 07:48 PM

so as to the stated theory ,i dont think it has a chance.

It was just some food for thought. Nothing to take to seriously, BUT(!), as brother Ali Imran said "...interesting", indeed!.

-Yasin(Jason)

#7 YaQaim

YaQaim

• Advanced Members
  • PipPip
  • 686 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 11:31 AM

its not a coincidence and its no surprise since proof of Ahlulbait (a.s.) being who they r is everywhere :)

#8 Awwaliyya

Awwaliyya
  • Basic Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 11:28 PM

Salaams,

The other interesting observation (according to my opinion) about surah 33 is that it has 73 verses - same as 73 sects in the Muslim Ummah. However, only one sect is correct and that is the one that interprets the verse 33:33 correctly (and believes in 12 Imams) !!!

Any thoughts?

Regards

Whoa!...That's really interesting as well! Had'nt thought about that one!

#9 realizm

realizm

• Advanced Members
  • PipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 17 November 2007 - 12:21 PM

Salam,

Yes but 12... 1+2=3

So why 3??

Is it about shahada? The 3rd statement that makes the difference?

#10 Pizangil

Pizangil
  • Banned
  • 36 posts

Posted 17 November 2007 - 04:24 PM

um sorry but your stupid...numbers add up to numbers. if it would actually TALK ABOUT THE IMAMS THAN IT WOULD HAVE BEEN SIGNIFIGANT BUT IT DOESN'T HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE IMAMS SORRY BUT OF THE DUMBEST THINGS ON THIS SIGHT HIS WAS THE WORST? COINCIDENCE? OR SHOULD THE QURAN HAVE STOPPED AT 32:33? YOU COMPLETE MORON THE QURAN IS SIMPLY..well it's simply longer than 33:33..and your an idiot. no offense really but you are.

#11 Awwaliyya

Awwaliyya
  • Basic Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 01:06 AM

um sorry but your stupid...numbers add up to numbers. if it would actually TALK ABOUT THE IMAMS THAN IT WOULD HAVE BEEN SIGNIFIGANT BUT IT DOESN'T HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE IMAMS SORRY BUT OF THE DUMBEST THINGS ON THIS SIGHT HIS WAS THE WORST? COINCIDENCE? OR SHOULD THE QURAN HAVE STOPPED AT 32:33? YOU COMPLETE MORON THE QURAN IS SIMPLY..well it's simply longer than 33:33..and your an idiot. no offense really but you are.

Well put brother! I applaud your armchair bravado, it's an honor to have you as a brother in faith. All the best. ;)

Edited by Awwaliyya, 18 November 2007 - 01:06 AM.

#12 waterfellled

waterfellled

ALI ! Therefore I exist.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 10:05 AM

This has probably been talked about before, either here on shiachat or elsewhere, but... Yesterday while reading this surah and verse somthing dawned on me...

33:33 (3+3=6 & 3+3=6)&(6+6=12) Hence 12 Imams!!! Suhannallah!!! Anybody think this is coincidence? I sure don't.

Like to hear what you all think.

ws,
Jason

*thumbs up*
Also, 3+3=6. 6 is the number of creation.

Salam,

Yes but 12... 1+2=3

So why 3??

Is it about shahada? The 3rd statement that makes the difference?

Simply gorgeous!

------------------

The numerological hints make wonderful discoveries. I often quote this:
92 = Prophet Muhammad[saw]
110= Maula Ali[as]
92 + 110 = 202 = Allah

#13 seraj

seraj
  • Basic Members
  • 1 posts
  • Religion:Islam Shia

Posted 26 August 2010 - 05:30 AM

Yes brother we are stupid. We know Quran doesn't stop at 33:33 and no matter how much time we spend on giving you daleel from Quran, From Your books of hadith You won't ever understand. We are really stupid. My other brother doing those numerology of 33:33 didn't asked u to understand the meaning of this surah and this aayat. and really we will be stupid to even expect that you will find out the translation of this aayaat and understand wat does it say. so Thanks for your reply.

Yes brother we are stupid. We know Quran doesn't stop at 33:33 and no matter how much time we spend on giving you daleel from Quran, From Your books of hadith You won't ever understand. We are really stupid. My other brother doing those numerology of 33:33 didn't asked u to understand the meaning of this surah and this aayat. and really we will be stupid to even expect that you will find out the translation of this aayaat and understand wat does it say. so Thanks for your reply.

#14 Bakir

Bakir

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 132 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 05:45 AM

When I read this verse while reading dua'a nudba, the same idea crossed my mind :P (3+3+3+3=12). And I don't think it is pure coincidence, nothing in Qur'an is pure coincidence.

#15 Just the truth

Just the truth

• Banned
  • 1,556 posts
  • Religion:Islam

Posted 03 June 2013 - 07:16 AM

This has to be without a shadow of a doubt the most ridiculous theory ever.

This adds up to 12, buh hold up the prophet (saws) and bibi fatimah are also in this verse!! So shouldn't it add up to 14, you know "14 infalliables".

#16 SouthsideShia

SouthsideShia

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 174 posts
  • Religion:Shia

Posted 03 June 2013 - 08:14 AM

Just because it doesn't refer to ALL the infallibles doesn't mean it is ridiculous or incorrect. Maybe Allah ÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì just wanted to single out the 12 Imams here. We do not know, these are just lighthearted observations, none of us actually have any true knowledge when it comes to the science of the Holy Qur'an. The true science of the Qur'an is reserved for few.

By the way, nice bump lol

#17 Just the truth

Just the truth

• Banned
  • 1,556 posts
  • Religion:Islam

Posted 03 June 2013 - 12:48 PM

Just because it doesn't refer to ALL the infallibles doesn't mean it is ridiculous or incorrect. Maybe Allah ÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì just wanted to single out the 12 Imams here. We do not know, these are just lighthearted observations, none of us actually have any true knowledge when it comes to the science of the Holy Qur'an. The true science of the Qur'an is reserved for few.

By the way, nice bump lol

Salams,

Yes you're right nobody actually knows the true science of Quran except a few, but we can't guessing Allah!a intentions, like you said "maybe Allah etc etc".

We should stick to what is actually written in the holy quran

#18 skamran110

skamran110

Humble Servant of Allah swt

• Advanced Members
  • PipPip
  • 502 posts
  • Religion:Islam - Shia of Ali as
  • Interests:To explore the Truth about the religion, Quran , Ahl al bayat AS

Posted 03 June 2013 - 12:58 PM

More information about the truth revealed by the Quran can be found at the given link for verse of purification and how it is linked with other parts of quran:

http://www.scribd.co...cept-of-Tauheed

#19 SouthsideShia

SouthsideShia

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 174 posts
  • Religion:Shia

Posted 03 June 2013 - 12:58 PM

I agree, but I see no harm in making these kinds of guesses and observations if we do not base anything great on them. They are only for curiosity and interest.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users