- - - -

Photo
- - - - -

Your Birth Stone & Star Stone ?

36 replies to this topic

Poll: Birth-Stones & Star-Stones ... (30 member(s) have cast votes)

Your Birth-Stone (according to your Month of Birth) is ?

1. January - Garnet (Lael) & Agate (Aqiq). (4 votes [13.33%])

Percentage of vote: 13.33%

2. February - Amethyst (Jamasht) & Bloodstone. (1 votes [3.33%])

Percentage of vote: 3.33%

3. March - Bloodstone & Jasper. (2 votes [6.67%])

Percentage of vote: 6.67%

4. April - Sapphire (Yaqut Azraq, Nilam) & Diamond (Almaas) & Bloodstone. (1 votes [3.33%])

5. May - Emerald (Zumurad) & Agate (Aqiq). (3 votes [10.00%])

Percentage of vote: 10.00%

6. June - Agate (Aqiq) & Emerald (Zumurad) & Pearl (Lulu) & Turquoise (Fayruz). (7 votes [23.33%])

Percentage of vote: 23.33%

7. July - Carnelian (Aqiq Ahmar) & Onyx (Jaza) & Ruby (Yaqut Ahmar) & Turquoise (Fayruz). (2 votes [6.67%])

8. August - Sardonyx & Carnelian (Aqiq Ahmar) & Peridot (Zabarjad Zaytuni). (2 votes [6.67%])

9. September - Peridot (Zabarjad Zaytuni) & Sapphire (Yaqut Azraq, Nilam) & Agate (Aqiq). (3 votes [10.00%])

10. October - Opal & Coral (Marjaan) & Jasper & Beryl; eg Aquamarine. (3 votes [10.00%])

11. November - Yellow Topaz (Zabarjad Asfar) & Citrine. (1 votes [3.33%])

12. December - Ruby (Yaqut Ahmar) & Turquoise (Fayruz) & Blue Topaz (Zabarjad Azraq) & Lapis Lazuli (Lazward) & Onyx (Jaza). (1 votes [3.33%])

Your Star-Stone (according to your Star-Sign (al-Burj)) is ?

1. Aries - Ram (al-Hamal) - Bloodstone & Jasper & Diamond. (1 votes [3.33%])

2. Taurus - Bull (ath-Thawr) - Chrysoprase & Sapphire & Coral & Turquoise & Amber & Emerald. (2 votes [6.67%])

3. Gemini - Twins (al-Jawza) - Agate & Chrysoprase & Tiger's Eye & Pearl. (7 votes [23.33%])

Percentage of vote: 23.33%

4. Cancer - Crab (as-Sarataan) - Agate & Ruby & Emerald & Pearl. (3 votes [10.00%])

5. Leo - Lion (al-Asad) - Onyx & Sardonyx & Tiger's Eye & Jade. (1 votes [3.33%])

6. Virgo - Virgin (al-Adhra) - Jasper & Carnelian & Jade & Sapphire & Sardonyx. (3 votes [10.00%])

7. Libra - Scale (al-Mizaan) - Sardonyx & Jasper & Opal & Lapis Lazuli & Peridot. (2 votes [6.67%])

8. Scorpio - Scorpian (al-Aqrab) - Garnet & Topaz & Beryl; ie Aquamarine = Blue Beryl. (2 votes [6.67%])

9. Sagittarius - Arrow (al-Qaws) - Onyx & Jasper & Turquoise & Topaz & Sapphire & Lapis Lazuli. (2 votes [6.67%])

10. Capricorn - Goat (al-Jadi) - Agate & Garnet & Ruby. (1 votes [3.33%])

11. Aquarius - Water-Skin (ad-Dalu) - Moss Agate & Garnet & Amethyst & Turquoise. (4 votes [13.33%])

Percentage of vote: 13.33%

12. Pisces the Fish / Whale (al-Huwt) - Bloodstone & Amethyst & Sapphire. (2 votes [6.67%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Mahdiyah

Mahdiyah

Mahdiyah Khanam - ãåÏíÉ

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,808 posts
  • Religion:Islam

Posted 28 September 2007 - 07:41 AM

Salaam Brs/Srs.

What is your Birth-Stone? Do you believe in them? Have these Gem-Stones proven anything to you?

What does Islam and the Holy Quran guide and instruct us about Stones?

Modern views of Birth-Stones will vary. I have placed the traditional ones starting mainly with the Middle Eastern ie Arabic data.

Pls note that Carnelian, Bloodstone, Jasper, Chrysoprase, Sardian, Sardonyx, Tiger's Eye, Onyx and possibly Jade and Garnet are types of Chalcedony/Agate (Aqiq). In every Star-Sign stone there is atleast one type of Chalcedony/Agate (Aqiq) to suit everyone. However the Carnelian (Aqiq Ahmar) should suit all Muminin, as sunnah Rasuwlallah (php) and Ahl al-Bayt (ph).

Wa-Salaam.

Edited by Mahdiyah, 05 October 2007 - 08:34 AM.

#2 Sayed AaliShan

Sayed AaliShan

Proud ۩ Pakistani ۩

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,324 posts
  • Interests:???????????

Posted 28 September 2007 - 07:58 AM

June

#3 Tears of Karbala

Tears of Karbala

íÇ Úáì Di Deewani

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,974 posts
  • Interests:Qalma e Haq e laila te bachgaya......<br />Par HY ZAINAB teri chadar da savaal rehgaya............

Posted 28 September 2007 - 08:00 AM

wow theres sooo many of us who's birthday is in july or we're cancer thats amazing....yay mines aqeeq which i always wear and other stone is ruby .....thats good i'm cool with that

#4 inshaAllah

inshaAllah

• Admins
  • 6,900 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 08:21 AM

Salaam Brs/Srs.

What is your Birth-Stone? Do you believe in them?

(salam)

Mines Yaqut.

Have these Gem-Stones proven anything to you?

Well I can notice the change in my mood and when I wear Yaqut, I feel a bit spiritual and punctual, as in motivated to read namaaz e.t.c

Emerald on the other hand tickles my palm under sun, and makes me very aggressive.

Feel like punching the wall :D

Fi-Amanillah

#5 _zahra

_zahra

~There is no poverty quite like ignorance. ~

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,413 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 09:20 AM

Nah, they never come true for me..

I'm february..

#6 Malik-Al-Ashtar

Malik-Al-Ashtar

• Banned
  • 79 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 11:16 AM

This is all forms of Shirk.

Imam Jafer as Sadiq (as) said that anyone who associates themself with astrology, fortune tellings and their likes are not our followers.

To beleive that these stones actually mean anything and effect your life in anyway is an insult on Allah ÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì and his prophet (sw).

#7 Fatimaa

Fatimaa

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,738 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 02:24 PM

(bismillah) (salam)

I do wear stones but not according to my star.... I have two rings one with Yaqut or may be Aqeeq hehe not sure and alongwith that its Firoza And the other one is of Durr-e-Najaf.
Hmmm I haven't noticed its effects ever but my mother's stone (Firoza specially) always changes its colour after few months don't know why :unsure;

Wassalam.

#8 zaraa

zaraa

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,203 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 02:30 PM

cancer and
i wear aqeeq but i have heard if one wears aqeeq have to be punctual for prayers .

#9 UndercoverBrother

UndercoverBrother

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,851 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 02:32 PM

i agree, if you watch DM digital many people phone in to some crazy peer women who tells them the future using cards and all this is done in the name of Islam. Wallah these people have turned Islam into some kind of joke.

#10 Member1

Member1

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 03:38 PM

Imam Jafer as Sadiq (as) said that anyone who associates themself with astrology, fortune tellings and their likes are not our followers.

To beleive that these stones actually mean anything and effect your life in anyway is an insult on Allah ÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì and his prophet (sw).

many of these 'spiritual' sciences have been attributed to the 6th imam eg ilme jafar, numerology...its mind boggling and dangerous stuff

the imams have spoken about the healing effects off stones...and i personally have experienced the healing effects alhum

but nothing takes place w/o will off Allah

remember Allah mentions rubies and corals in surah rahman

#11 Malik-Al-Ashtar

Malik-Al-Ashtar

• Banned
  • 79 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 08:44 PM

many of these 'spiritual' sciences have been attributed to the 6th imam eg ilme jafar, numerology...its mind boggling and dangerous stuff

People have falsely attributed many blasphemous beleifs on the Imams (as) so as to justify their practice ie worshipping Imam Ali (as) , making statues of Imam Hussain (as) during muharram and parading it on the street as the hindus parade their gods (this is usually done in india by some deviated muslims), depicting the images of the Imams (as) and many more.

the imams have spoken about the healing effects off stones...and i personally have experienced the healing effects alhum

Can you please provide a hadeeth or a saying of the Imam (as) where he talks about a certain stone healing a particular disease. Unless the mineral within the stone is consumed orally the stone is useless, eg calcium can be taken to strenghten bones but carrying a chunk of calcite or gypsum will have no effect whatsoever. Your healing could have been attributed to something else other than the mystical powers of the stone. These so called "crystal" healings have been rejected by scientists and medical practitioners as pseudoscience.

remember Allah mentions rubies and corals in surah rahman

Lets not take ayahs from the Quran out of their context, just because something is mentioned in the Quran this does not give a licence to people to hold them as mystical objects. A whole surah is named after a cow, should we now worship the cow like the hindus and drink its urine and feaces as they do?

The rubies and pearls Allah talks about in surah Rahman has nothing to do with healing, rather they are of the many symbolism Allah has used to describe the life in paradise. Allah ÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì mentions those people who have restrained their eyes as pearls and rubies that are restrained.

#12 A follower

A follower

-Unregistered-

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,443 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 09:01 PM

People have falsely attributed many blasphemous beleifs on the Imams (as) so as to justify their practice ie worshipping Imam Ali (as) , making statues of Imam Hussain (as) during muharram and parading it on the street as the hindus parade their gods (this is usually done in india by some deviated muslims), depicting the images of the Imams (as) and many more.

Attributed? First read about Ilm e Jafr and then comment whether it is an attributed to the Imams [as] or infact something which is given to us by the Imams [as]. I have never seen statues of Imam Husayn [as] in the streets maybe you can show me next time.

Can you please provide a hadeeth or a saying of the Imam (as) where he talks about a certain stone healing a particular disease. Unless the mineral within the stone is consumed orally the stone is useless, eg calcium can be taken to strenghten bones but carrying a chunk of calcite or gypsum will have no effect whatsoever. Your healing could have been attributed to something else other than the mystical powers of the stone. These so called "crystal" healings have been rejected by scientists and medical practitioners as pseudoscience.

Maybe not relating to a particular disease but how about general health, If you wish to wait for a particular disease then maybe someone else can provide you with that.

Bashir ad-Dahhan said:

I asked Abi Ja’far Mohammad ibn ‘Ali (as): "What kind of stone should I use for my ring?"
He replied: "Red ‘aqiq, yellow ‘aqiq or white ‘aqiq because these three mountains are in Paradise. The mountain of red ‘aqiq overlooks the house of the Prophet (S), the mountain of yellow ‘aqiq overlooks the house of Fatemah (SA), and the mountain of white ‘aqiq overlooks the house of ‘Ali ibn Abi Taleb (as), and these three houses are one house.
Three rivers run from under the three mountains of ‘aqiq. Their water is colder than ice, sweeter than honey, and whiter than milk. No one except Mohammad (S), his Family, and their Shi’ah can drink from these rivers.
The three mountains of ‘aqiq sanctify, glorify and praise Allah, and seek forgiveness for those who love the Family of the Prophet (as).
So those Shi’ah who wear ‘aqiq will see nothing but good and blessings in their sustenance and health, and they will be protected from all troubles.
‘Aqiq protects Shi’ah from unjust rulers and from everything else which causes fear."

- Amaali of Tousi 1:36

Reference: "The Glad Tidings of Mustafa [pbuh] for the Shi�ah of Murtadha [as]"

Lets not take ayahs from the Quran out of their context, just because something is mentioned in the Quran this does not give a licence to people to hold them as mystical objects. A whole surah is named after a cow, should we now worship the cow like the hindus and drink its urine and feaces as they do?

How ironic. . . !

Edited by A follower, 28 September 2007 - 09:05 PM.

#13 Malik-Al-Ashtar

Malik-Al-Ashtar

• Banned
  • 79 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 09:53 PM

Attributed? First read about Ilm e Jafr and then comment whether it is an attributed to the Imams [as] or infact something which is given to us by the Imams [as]. I have never seen statues of Imam Husayn [as] in the streets maybe you can show me next time.

Astrology and numerology would not constitute any of them would you dare to challenge that against so many ahadeeth by the Imams (as) prohibiting such shirk. Again your ignorance of not being aware of certain practices or shirks is not a valid counter-argument.

Maybe not relating to a particular disease but how about general health, If you wish to wait for a particular disease then maybe someone else can provide you with that.

Bashir ad-Dahhan said:

I asked Abi Ja’far Mohammad ibn ‘Ali : "What kind of stone should I use for my ring?"
He replied: "Red ‘aqiq, yellow ‘aqiq or white ‘aqiq because these three mountains are in Paradise. The mountain of red ‘aqiq overlooks the house of the Prophet (S), the mountain of yellow ‘aqiq overlooks the house of Fatemah (SA), and the mountain of white ‘aqiq overlooks the house of ‘Ali ibn Abi Taleb , and these three houses are one house.
Three rivers run from under the three mountains of ‘aqiq. Their water is colder than ice, sweeter than honey, and whiter than milk. No one except Mohammad (S), his Family, and their Shi’ah can drink from these rivers.
The three mountains of ‘aqiq sanctify, glorify and praise Allah, and seek forgiveness for those who love the Family of the Prophet .
So those Shi’ah who wear ‘aqiq will see nothing but good and blessings in their sustenance and health, and they will be protected from all troubles.
‘Aqiq protects Shi’ah from unjust rulers and from everything else which causes fear."

- Amaali of Tousi 1:36

Again symbolism just as the dhulfiqar symbolizes the life of imam ali (as), you can wear as many aqeeq rings but if you are not a good muslim nothing will help you. Furthermore the above hadeeth if authentic proves nothing about astrological or birth stones, so you have failed miserably again.

#14 A follower

A follower

-Unregistered-

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,443 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 10:07 PM

Astrology and numerology would not constitute any of them would you dare to challenge that against so many ahadeeth by the Imams (as) prohibiting such shirk. Again your ignorance of not being aware of certain practices or shirks is not a valid counter-argument.

Ilm e Jafr is neither astrology nor numerology. Please read up on what it is then comment. Your ignorance shows here.

If it was really shirk then I wonder why did some of the greatest Ulemas practised it and still practise it? Ayatollah HasanZadeh Amouli is known to be a master of Ilm e Jafr and he is not the only one.

Again symbolism just as the dhulfiqar symbolizes the life of imam ali (as), you can wear as many aqeeq rings but if you are not a good muslim nothing will help you. Furthermore the above hadeeth if authentic proves nothing about astrological or birth stones, so you have failed miserably again.

Aqeeq stone is not a symbol there are many qualities of Aqeeq mentioned in the hadith. No one was discussing the astrological effects of the stone on the person rather it was to show that Aqeeq as a stone has been recommended due to the qualities it possess which the hadith I presented also shows.

#15 seyedmusawi

seyedmusawi

Eye of the Storm, eye of the hurricane.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,317 posts

Posted 29 September 2007 - 02:22 AM

Salaam allaikum,

Rings and stones are fairly well established in islamic hadiths. Its more a shia thing but sunnis wear them too because of hadiths that they have.

i have some knowledge of silversmithing so i have quite a large collection of stones and also rings. Every now and then i will make one and wear it.

The main ones i wear are firooze (turquiouse), Aqeeq(agate), Yaqut (ruby), Tigers eye, Jade, as well as Quartz (durre najaf type of stone).

Edited by seyedmusawi, 29 September 2007 - 02:25 AM.

#16 ~Muslima~

~Muslima~

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,181 posts

Posted 29 September 2007 - 11:17 AM

June :angel:

#17 Phoenix_526

Phoenix_526

• Unregistered
  • Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 29 September 2007 - 11:45 AM

I'm Gemini (May) so I have Emerald and Aqiq for my birth-stone and Aqiq (again), Chrysoprase (???), Tiger's eye, and Pearl for my star-stone.

Pretty cool stuff that I had no idea about.

Edited by Phoenix_526, 29 September 2007 - 11:47 AM.

#18 Member1

Member1

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 29 September 2007 - 12:37 PM

The rubies and pearls Allah talks about in surah Rahman has nothing to do with healing, rather they are of the many symbolism Allah has used to describe the life in paradise. Allah ÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì mentions those people who have restrained their eyes as pearls and rubies that are restrained.

wat so special about stones then? why do they hold so much importance if they are nothing but stones...why are they mentioned in quran...why will heaven be full off em

do a search for stones/rings on this site...and u will find the hadith

i personally have felt healing effects/ benefits

most shias wear stones as they are a sign of a momin apparently

mine came to me in a very mysical way...and solved my prob at the time....mashallah...totally unexpected....u can pm me for more info

try wearing a stone with 'healing' properties...and then dismiss it...lol ur posts sound wahabified ...or wat wahabis wud say to me

i kno wat u mean tho...need to err caution....alot of made up things

cant really comment on ilme jafar etc

#19 Member1

Member1

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 29 September 2007 - 12:43 PM

bro 'a follower' has taken over and debated well

i ll leave it to him :!!!:

im geminiiiiiiiiiiii tooooooooooooooo

woooohoooo we takin over

i wear feroza and aqiq sulaimani...apprently thats our birthstones

im gonna get an emerald soon...i need to search for a good one...as its precious ...it will be expensive

i wear durre najaf also and another pink stone

i carry other stones tooo...like tigers eye

i dont wanna wear too many...i hear pearl can really bakfire...dont wanna take that risk

Edited by Queen_Shah_UK, 29 September 2007 - 12:45 PM.

#20 Guest_Anam Zehra Haider_*

Guest_Anam Zehra Haider_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 September 2007 - 04:56 PM

___
(salam)

June - Agate (Aqiq) & Emerald (Zumurad) & Pearl (Lulu) & Turquoise (Fayruz).

and

Gemini
- Twins (al-Jawza) - Agate & Chrysoprase & Tiger's Eye & Pearl.

Edited by Anam Zehra Haider, 29 September 2007 - 04:57 PM.

#21 Zameenzaad

Zameenzaad

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 90 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 02:16 AM

Just posted in another topic on something the same lines. Why are there two topics on the same subject? From the same member too?

#22 Rawshni

Rawshni

The likes of Me DO NOT submit to the likes of them.

• Banned
  • 20,124 posts
  • Interests:A bit of this and that, some of these and those, and well, hama, shoma ...

Posted 30 September 2007 - 07:47 AM

There forums support freedom of expression.

#23 Mahdiyah

Mahdiyah

Mahdiyah Khanam - ãåÏíÉ

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,808 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 08:33 AM

Salaam.

I wear Agate (Aqiq), Turquoise (Fayruz, Firuzah) and 'Najaf' White Quartz (Durr-Najaf) - regardless of my gem-stone acording to horoscopes, because these three stones are in my faith which comes first. However the other stone I really like is Opal which is my fav choice from all my birth stones. But I heard from all the stones the most tricky ones are Turquoise and Opal. I am sure there are more. Can someone advice on this pls.

#24 Ghulam-e-Panjtan

Ghulam-e-Panjtan

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,148 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 10:50 PM

may
i m a gemini and gemini is ruling wohoo
i wear aqiq and feroza/nelam

#25 Asha

Asha

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,281 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 12:43 AM

gemini here too :angel:

i don't really wear jewelry or pay attention to stones and such, but i do find it ironic to read here about the pearl being my stone as i have always been fascinated with how pears are formed. interesting.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users