Guest kenstewart

Shia In Oklahoma

Guest kenstewart

(salam)

I will be moving to Oklahoma next year. Does anyone know of any Shia mosques or education centers in the Lawton area?

Peace and Blessings,

Ken

Depends what part of Oklahoma you are moving to. Tulsa has one main mosque, Masjid al-Salam, which all Muslims go to, regardless of school. Although I heard there are some gatherings of followers of the Jafari School in Bixby.

(salam)

I found these, but I don't know if they are shia. Perhaps you could give them a call and ask if they (or any nearby centers) identify themselves as shia.

Islamic Society (IS); Masjid Al-Falah, Lawton, OK

Phone: (580) 678-4993

Islamic Dawah Center, Lawton, OK

Phone:

1621 S.W. Pennsylvania,

Lawton, OK 73501, USA

Muslim Center, Lawton, OK

Phone: 405-855-5203

New Africa Store (Yo \' Sto \'), Lawton, OK

Phone: 580-678-4993

I hope this helps.

wasalaam

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recent Posts on ShiaChat!

• بِسْمِ اللَّهِ الرَّحْمَٰنِ الرَّحِيمِ {1} [Shakir 1:1] In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful. *****   وَمَا أَرْسَلْنَاكَ إِلَّا رَحْمَةً لِلْعَالَمِينَ {107} [Shakir 21:107] And We have not sent you but as a mercy to the worlds.
    • Salam, After a long time I'm back to shiachat. Lots of change and I'm still not sure how things go. Went to chat to say hi, but it's not working. Is there something special with the chat or is it genuinely broken?
    • Salam, l read through your reference. Al-Majlisi is described as an "expert" in philosophy but why he uses pagan Greek ideas of harmony to organize his writings is not explained. Three English translators --Ali once, Skakir twice and Picktall thrice-- add this word into the reading. A couple of these verses is using "harmony" for reconciliation of the waw fa qaf  tri-literal root. The remainder are gross insertions of the word. Therefore, as far as l can find, "harmony" is not in Quran. Quran is revealed as "self-explained" so why use a pagan philosophy for delineation of subjects? Now again to the "love" part. Even though al-Majlisi uses it the fundamental problem of meaning still remains. We can define "prefer" as something more valued. We can define "endear" as an appreciation or even 'affection'. But we cannot define "love". Like the word genius, everyone has something to say about the word "love", but nobody can define it. Not sufficiently, at least. Allah-s.w.t. is not a "love god".
    • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2K31Ajbk8UI   video sound is persian(Farsi) with Eng sub