20 replies to this topic

#1 Wa-Islamah

Wa-Islamah

• Advanced Members
  • PipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 11:58 PM

Salaaam

I found this video online and I was shocked? In Islam is sex change OK (Halal)!!!!!!!!!

Here is the link
http://stage6.divx.c...low-sex-changes

Sex change in Iran

#2 Haske

Haske

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 90 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 05:16 AM

Please learn to differentiate genuine sites from mischief making ones.

#3 postmaster1923

postmaster1923

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,387 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 06:46 AM

I didn't watch the videos, but it is true that sex-change operations are legal in Iran for true transgendered individuals. The patient must undergo psychological, chemical, and physical examinations before it is determined if he or she really is transgendered. An ordinary person can't just wake up one day and decide to change genders, and this is in no way a free ticket to practice homosexuality, which is totally illlegal in Iran.

One might say that modification of the physical appearance of gender is akin to claiming that God makes mistakes. (Astagfirullah!) I disagree, and also have no problem with operations which are taken as adults, which correct congenical blindness, deafness, or physical deformity.

I don't really understand the point of view of a transgendered person, but from what I've read, they really ARE the other gender, but just bear an outward appearance of their "birth gender".

#4 MuslimUnity

MuslimUnity

• Advanced Members
  • PipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 08:12 PM

1) Iran is allowing "sex change" in the definition smiley gave.
2) Iran not Shia.

#5 abdullah218

abdullah218

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 12:52 AM

"The specific condition most often attributed to Jamie Lee Curtis is AIS, or Androgen Insensitivity Syndrome. People born with AIS are genetically male (defined as having one X and one Y chromosome) but are resistant to androgens, the hormones responsible for male sexual development. As a result, they display female physical characteristics despite being genetically male. "In its classic form (complete androgen resistance), the person appears to be female but has no uterus, and has sparse armpit and pubic hair," states the MedlinePlus Medical Encyclopedia. "At puberty, female secondary sex characteristics (e.g., breasts) develop, but menstruation and fertility do not."" http://urbanlegends....ieleecurtis.htm

I would not call this a mistake from Allah ÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì Astafillah, just like I wouldn't call being diagnosed with cancer or a developmental disability a mistake...these are all just facts of life and it seems that some people have gender identity problems. Just thank Allah ÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì that you have one less problem to worry about and move on.

Edited by abdullah218, 20 July 2007 - 12:58 AM.

#6 aalamdar

aalamdar

• Banned
  • 252 posts
  • Interests:Stock Market, Economics , Footie, Cricket, Tennis

Posted 20 July 2007 - 02:39 AM

(salam)

There is no harm is Sex Change and the Ayatollahs allow it ... But yes , creating mischief is haram :)

PEACE

ALAM.D.

#7 Mahdiyah

Mahdiyah

Mahdiyah Khanam - ãåÏíÉ

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,808 posts
  • Religion:Islam

Posted 20 July 2007 - 09:43 AM

It should be gender rectification, not sex change - its misleading.

#8 Dhulfikar

Dhulfikar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,999 posts
  • Interests:Islam, Mathematics, Nature.

Posted 20 July 2007 - 11:48 AM

I actually don't get this, do we have any Quranic verse or Hadiths talk about the Sex Change?

#9 postmaster1923

postmaster1923

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,387 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 12:50 PM

No, but do we have any quranic verses or hadiths which talk about brain surgery or smoking tobacco or driving cars?

#10 Dhulfikar

Dhulfikar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,999 posts
  • Interests:Islam, Mathematics, Nature.

Posted 20 July 2007 - 01:38 PM

No, but do we have any quranic verses or hadiths which talk about brain surgery or smoking tobacco or driving cars?

Salaam Aleikum Sister,

Well actually there are verses which talking about toabacco etc. Holy Quran: Do not with your own hands cast yourselves into destruction (2:159). Example This include alcohol, tobacco etc.

But Anyway, i really do not want to touch to this issue if we do not have any proof from Quran or Hadithd etc. If Khomeini Allowed it, then indeed i need something a logical reason to it from verses of Quran or Hadiths.

#11 YaQaim

YaQaim

• Advanced Members
  • PipPip
  • 686 posts

Posted 25 July 2007 - 04:28 PM

if u feel ur born into the wrong sex u can have a sex change and thats no joke and Islam has nothing against that

#12 so unbelievable

so unbelievable
  • Basic Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 08:43 PM

Their probably gay....

#13 ÍíÏÑ ÇáßÑÇÑ

ÍíÏÑ ÇáßÑÇÑ

• Advanced Members
  • PipPip
  • 305 posts
  • Interests:ÅöäøóãóÇ æóáöíøõßõãõ Çááøåõ æóÑóÓõæáõåõ æóÇáøóÐöíäó ÂãóäõæÇú ÇáøóÐöíäó íõÞöíãõæäó ÇáÕøóáÇóÉó æóíõÄúÊõæäó ÇáÒøóßóÇÉó æóåõãú ÑóÇßöÚõæäó

Posted 04 August 2007 - 03:40 PM

I didn't watch the videos, but it is true that sex-change operations are legal in Iran for true transgendered individuals. The patient must undergo psychological, chemical, and physical examinations before it is determined if he or she really is transgendered. An ordinary person can't just wake up one day and decide to change genders, and this is in no way a free ticket to practice homosexuality, which is totally illlegal in Iran.

One might say that modification of the physical appearance of gender is akin to claiming that God makes mistakes. (Astagfirullah!) I disagree, and also have no problem with operations which are taken as adults, which correct congenical blindness, deafness, or physical deformity.

I don't really understand the point of view of a transgendered person, but from what I've read, they really ARE the other gender, but just bear an outward appearance of their "birth gender".

Thanks for clearing that up.

#14 Ali Mahdi

Ali Mahdi

Labayk Ya Husayn!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,684 posts
  • Religion:Shi'ah Islam
  • Interests:Islam, history, politics, news, cultures & people

Posted 04 August 2007 - 05:38 PM

Their probably gay....

(bismillah)
(salam)

Excuse me? How does having a medical issue make one "gay"?

#15 Averroes110

Averroes110

till death liberates me

• Advanced Members
  • PipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 06:31 PM

When you read embryology, you see how complicated it is. And essentially both the male and female private parts originate from the same structures, that is why you can actually change gender. we are lucky we were not born with a gender disorder, and those who are have such a horrific ordeal. It's a good thing that Islam has the solution to all problems, well shia islam at least.

Edited by Averroes110, 05 August 2007 - 06:32 PM.

#16 Vanilia Flower

Vanilia Flower
  • Basic Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 04:03 AM

Trans gender is not homosexuality because the trans person is upset with the mismatch between his feelings and his physical sex. you can't call a person who wants to sacrifice with his body and organs to correct something that may lead him to homosexuality!! and this situation is psychological .. I don't believe the mighty merciful God would ever punish a sick person for trying to cure himself with all the available ways.. therapies, hormones, drugs... etc

so it is not like taking a taxi to the clinic in the morning and asking the doctor to change you sex in the afternoon :!!!: .

#17 Fatima NMA

Fatima NMA

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 771 posts
  • Interests:people,psychology,reading,and my husband...

Posted 24 March 2009 - 09:33 AM

Trans gender is not homosexuality because the trans person is upset with the mismatch between his feelings and his physical sex. you can't call a person who wants to sacrifice with his body and organs to correct something that may lead him to homosexuality!! and this situation is psychological .. I don't believe the mighty merciful God would ever punish a sick person for trying to cure himself with all the available ways.. therapies, hormones, drugs... etc

so it is not like taking a taxi to the clinic in the morning and asking the doctor to change you sex in the afternoon :!!!: .

gr8 explanation :yaali:

#18 Zen

Zen

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 163 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 07:06 PM

Do you think is a man wants to become a woman, it is beyond the will of the one?

#19 Cypress

Cypress

Taqwacore

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 783 posts
  • Interests:music, punk rock, taqwacore, saz, zombies, Ismaili, Druze, Alevi, Kizilbash, feminism, LGBT, aql, cem, films, spaghetti westerns, trans rights

Posted 24 March 2009 - 08:09 PM

Do you think is a man wants to become a woman, it is beyond the will of the one?

You've got the question wrong. It's that women want to be women, and men men, and they have biological issues preventing this.

#20 Zen

Zen

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 163 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 09:20 PM

Maybe my question seemed wrong, but it still has a reason for existing.

#21 labbaik_khamenai

labbaik_khamenai

• Advanced Members
  • PipPip
  • 708 posts
  • Interests:Stocks , Footy, Cricket , Politics

Posted 24 March 2009 - 09:31 PM

(salam)

I think its perfectly fine to have a sex change ...

Peace

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users