Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Wa-Islamah

Shia In Iran Allows Sex Change!

21 posts in this topic

Please learn to differentiate genuine sites from mischief making ones.

I didn't watch the videos, but it is true that sex-change operations are legal in Iran for true transgendered individuals. The patient must undergo psychological, chemical, and physical examinations before it is determined if he or she really is transgendered. An ordinary person can't just wake up one day and decide to change genders, and this is in no way a free ticket to practice homosexuality, which is totally illlegal in Iran.

One might say that modification of the physical appearance of gender is akin to claiming that God makes mistakes. (Astagfirullah!) I disagree, and also have no problem with operations which are taken as adults, which correct congenical blindness, deafness, or physical deformity.

I don't really understand the point of view of a transgendered person, but from what I've read, they really ARE the other gender, but just bear an outward appearance of their "birth gender".

1) Iran is allowing "sex change" in the definition smiley gave.

2) Iran not Shia.

"The specific condition most often attributed to Jamie Lee Curtis is AIS, or Androgen Insensitivity Syndrome. People born with AIS are genetically male (defined as having one X and one Y chromosome) but are resistant to androgens, the hormones responsible for male sexual development. As a result, they display female physical characteristics despite being genetically male. "In its classic form (complete androgen resistance), the person appears to be female but has no uterus, and has sparse armpit and pubic hair," states the MedlinePlus Medical Encyclopedia. "At puberty, female secondary sex characteristics (e.g., breasts) develop, but menstruation and fertility do not."" http://urbanlegends.about.com/od/jamieleec...ieleecurtis.htm

I would not call this a mistake from Allah (swt) Astafillah, just like I wouldn't call being diagnosed with cancer or a developmental disability a mistake...these are all just facts of life and it seems that some people have gender identity problems. Just thank Allah (swt) that you have one less problem to worry about and move on.

Edited by abdullah218

(salam)

There is no harm is Sex Change and the Ayatollahs allow it ... But yes , creating mischief is haram :)

PEACE

ALAM.D.

It should be gender rectification, not sex change - its misleading.

I actually don't get this, do we have any Quranic verse or Hadiths talk about the Sex Change?

No, but do we have any quranic verses or hadiths which talk about brain surgery or smoking tobacco or driving cars?

No, but do we have any quranic verses or hadiths which talk about brain surgery or smoking tobacco or driving cars?

Salaam Aleikum Sister,

Well actually there are verses which talking about toabacco etc. Holy Quran: Do not with your own hands cast yourselves into destruction (2:159). Example This include alcohol, tobacco etc.

But Anyway, i really do not want to touch to this issue if we do not have any proof from Quran or Hadithd etc. If Khomeini Allowed it, then indeed i need something a logical reason to it from verses of Quran or Hadiths.

if u feel ur born into the wrong sex u can have a sex change and thats no joke and Islam has nothing against that

I didn't watch the videos, but it is true that sex-change operations are legal in Iran for true transgendered individuals. The patient must undergo psychological, chemical, and physical examinations before it is determined if he or she really is transgendered. An ordinary person can't just wake up one day and decide to change genders, and this is in no way a free ticket to practice homosexuality, which is totally illlegal in Iran.

One might say that modification of the physical appearance of gender is akin to claiming that God makes mistakes. (Astagfirullah!) I disagree, and also have no problem with operations which are taken as adults, which correct congenical blindness, deafness, or physical deformity.

I don't really understand the point of view of a transgendered person, but from what I've read, they really ARE the other gender, but just bear an outward appearance of their "birth gender".

Thanks for clearing that up.

Their probably gay....

(bismillah)

(salam)

Excuse me? How does having a medical issue make one "gay"?

When you read embryology, you see how complicated it is. And essentially both the male and female private parts originate from the same structures, that is why you can actually change gender. we are lucky we were not born with a gender disorder, and those who are have such a horrific ordeal. It's a good thing that Islam has the solution to all problems, well shia islam at least.

Edited by Averroes110

Trans gender is not homosexuality because the trans person is upset with the mismatch between his feelings and his physical sex. you can't call a person who wants to sacrifice with his body and organs to correct something that may lead him to homosexuality!! and this situation is psychological .. I don't believe the mighty merciful God would ever punish a sick person for trying to cure himself with all the available ways.. therapies, hormones, drugs... etc

so it is not like taking a taxi to the clinic in the morning and asking the doctor to change you sex in the afternoon :!!!: .

Trans gender is not homosexuality because the trans person is upset with the mismatch between his feelings and his physical sex. you can't call a person who wants to sacrifice with his body and organs to correct something that may lead him to homosexuality!! and this situation is psychological .. I don't believe the mighty merciful God would ever punish a sick person for trying to cure himself with all the available ways.. therapies, hormones, drugs... etc

so it is not like taking a taxi to the clinic in the morning and asking the doctor to change you sex in the afternoon :!!!: .

gr8 explanation :yaali:

Do you think is a man wants to become a woman, it is beyond the will of the one?

Do you think is a man wants to become a woman, it is beyond the will of the one?
You've got the question wrong. It's that women want to be women, and men men, and they have biological issues preventing this.

Maybe my question seemed wrong, but it still has a reason for existing.