Sign in to follow this  
kellyjaz

Sunni & Shia View Of Muawiyah

Rate this topic

What are the views of Both sunni and shia of Muawiyah?

I know theres a current sticky thread in this particular forum, but there are no proofs, it’s just a list of what muawiyah did.

I know theres a current sticky thread in this particular forum, but there are no proofs, it’s just a list of what muawiyah did.

(salam)

i can just stipulate from the shia side that they hate him obviously as i have yet to meet a shia who doesnt

sunnis on the other hand hold him in high regard as they do for any companion and credit him for his leadership in restating the muslim empire and saving it from obliteration and fighting on sea

the topic "muawiyah" accurately describes the shia view of muawiyah i believe -some of their stories do seem far fetched and without basis

just ask on that topic

farris bro do u ENJOY getting ripped to pieces?

heres what i think about muawiyyah- may you be ressurected near him on qiyaamat and go to the same destination-

(1) he instigated the cursing of maula ali (as)

Muawiyah, the son of Abu Sufyan, gave order to Sa'd, and told him: "What prevents you that you are refraining from cursing Abu Turab (nickname of Ali)?" Sa'd replied: "Don't you remember that the Prophet said three things about (the virtue of) Ali? So I will never curse Ali."

Sahih Muslim, Chapter of Virtues of Companions, Section of Virtues of Ali - see Chapter p1284, Tradition #5916

and

Ibn Hajar Asqalani in his commentary of Sahih al Bukhari "Fathul Bari" states:

"Mu'awiya issued an order to curse Hadhrath 'Ali. Upon hearing this Sa'd bin Abi Waqqas said "Even if you place a sword over my head and demand that I curse 'Ali, I will refuse to do so".

(2) he was responsible for the battle of siffeen and jamal where THOUSANDS of muslims died

(3) he was responsible for the death of hazrat ammar yassir

Sahih Muslim hadith number 6970 that Umm e Salmah narrated that

"Allah's Apostle (peace be upon him) said: A band of rebels would kill Ammar".

This is a famous tradition in which Rasulullah (s) had made it clear that the murderers of Ammar WERE baghi's - Ammar's martyrdom at the hands of Mu'awiya's forces at Sifeen is clear unequivocal proof that Mu'awiya was a baghi. This would of course be the conclusion reached by one with a rational mind that is searching for the truth, not one that is seeking to defend Mu'awiya turning his deviancy in to a matter of appreciation.

(4) Ammar deemed those that fought Imam 'Ali (as) to be the same munafiqs that tried to assassinate Rasulullah (pbuh)

We read in Sahih Muslim Book 038, Number 6688:

"Qais reported: I said to 'Ammar: What is your opinion about that which you have done in case (of your siding with Hadrat 'Ali)? Is it your personal opinion or something you got from Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him)? 'Ammar said: We have got nothing from Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) which people at large did not get, but Hudhaifa told me that Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) had especially told him amongst his Companion, that there would be twelve hypocrites out of whom eight would not get into Paradise, until a camel would be able to pass through the needle hole. The ulcer would be itself sufficient (to kill) eight. So far as four are concerned, I do not remember what Shu'ba said about them".

theres so much more but let me see you try and defend these first

Salaams

Sis Kelly tere is ample evidence in Sunbni works that can prove Muawiya was a Fasiq, and a Munafiq. That is why Sunni Ulema have also criticised him (well the open minded types) - and I personally know Sunnis that curse him. Anyway sis the standard Sunni appraisal and its reply is here:

http://www.answering-ansar.org/answers/muawiya/en/index.php

One of our teachers at AA told me how when he was teaching he had a Sunni Islamic Studies Professor collegue he knew for years, one dauy he asked him:

"Professor tell me honestky what is it that makes you Sunni love and support Mawiya"

his reponse was as follows:

"To us Muawiyah is like a buffer zone, if we raise it by criticsiing him then questions will be asked of who appointed him in the past, where did he get to that strong position - and then will lead to crtitiscism and questions against the Sahaba'

To me that response says so much. Muawiyah is a topic that unhinges so much od Sunni aqeedah - namely that all the Sahaba are just, truthful guides for the Ummah. How any one can conclude that after reading abour Muawiyah one will never no. Just consider the logic. Those that curse the Sahaba are Kaafir. Mauwiya cursed Ali (as) - he is (ra), a just pious truthful Sahaba. Subhanallah. Just in case Ashiq or other Barelvis deny this cursing business - I have in my hand Mufti Ghulam Rasools Book 'Hasan aur Khilafath Rashida' wherein he accepts Muawiya did this dirty practice.

May Allah lanath be on the son of Hind.

what a stupid statement

or what about the fact that shias dislike great men like

abu bakr ra

umar ra

usman ra

khalid bin waleed ra

abu ubaida ra

saad bin abi waqas ra

umar bin abdul aziz

salahudeen

muawiyah will always be disliked

KHALID BIN WALEED?!?!?!?!?!?! the murdering rapist?!?!?!?!? that MALOON?!?!?!

how...in the HELL do you respect that PIG??????

boy i follow you around for pure comic relief- ur a joke and readin ur semi retarded posts makes me laugh after reading the other real threads on this forum

and you complete genius... the question of this topic is "What are the views of Both sunni and shia of Muawiyah?"

i gave them.

i know you arent gonna answer my previous post, cos u CANT B) shia power son! you only respect maloons like khalid bin waleed and muawiyyah (LA) cos the shias hate them

for shia view

good places to check are

muawiyah topic on this forum

answering ansar's articles which someone can give the website please (although its pretty lame)

for sunni view

check

yanabi.com - a sunni sufi/brealwi site which accurately describes the sunni view

sunniforum.com - a comrehensive sunni site which also accurately describes the sunni view

yes sites which are full of lies to protect sunnism.. what happened to not revolting to the caliph of your time? was not Imam ali (as) the caliph..doesnt this make muawiyah a kafir?

Some sunnies scholars even say imam hussain (as) shouldnt have revolted against yazid since he was in power...but when it comes to muawiyah its perfectly fine to revolt against Imam Ali (as)? how could you compare the prince of paradise to a complete blood thirsty lunatic kafir like yazid and muawiyah? How is Allah (swt) going to shower his mercy on you if you dont even dislike the enemies of ahlu bayt (as)???

I agree.Now I barely see the difference between some kaffirs insulting each other without a valid reason and MUSLIMS.I really thought this was going to be something that could actually be intresting but...

well you know...muawiyyah is a REALLY touchy subject, hard to stay civil when u hear someone praising him, but inshallah ill delete my posts in a little bit ive already made up with farris over PM

brother this thread isnt about refuting each others points as your dig implies - its simply asking the sunni and shia views of muawiyah - thats all -

I wasn't referring to this thread alone.

In which case you do fall under the category of not being able to refute it :)

NB: Btw, Are you claiming you can refute the fact that Muawiyah was evil ?

check yanabi.com

and sunniforum.com

and search muawiyah there

Well Done. You can use Google. Do you want a cookie ?

Ya Allah (SWT), I cannot believe the things I had to delete from this thread! members are warned, and if I find that type of behaviour being repeated in this, or any other thread, I WILL lock the thread, and ban the offending members. Consider this a final warning on the matter.

many sunnis believe a narration in which it is said that the testimony of four companions will not be accepted , muawiyah and amr b a'as are in that group

muawiyah may have saved the ARAB state but he strangled the caliphate

bro there have been other sunnis like you in the past but they are immediatly accused of being rafidis

i have heard it said that maulana ishaq has become a shia, so it is just not in the past but the present too.

He is not accepted as a rightly guided calipah by Sunnis so that should explain a lot.

He is not accepted as a rightly guided calipah by Sunnis so that should explain a lot.

may Allah(swt) in his infinite mercy keep on blessing your parents especially your mother.

my heart prays for a sunni brother like you who is fair(adil)

you have no personal opinions/ views on him?

i believe muawiyah was a sahabi hence he deserves my respect. he wasnt infallible none of the sahabah were.

I wasn't referring to this thread alone.

In which case you do fall under the category of not being able to refute it :)

NB: Btw, Are you claiming you can refute the fact that Muawiyah was evil ?

i have not cliamed anything - i think you getting me mixed up with someone else.

but i will claim this that you cant adeqately prove YOUR claims against muawiyah

muawiyah is long dead - he will have to answer to Allah just as abu bakr umar usman ali or any other sahabah will answer to Allah.

my religion is not based upon muawiyah its based on muhammad (pbuh)

I am sunni don't have good opinion of him

The opinion of most Sunnis lies above ^^

The majority of our Sunni brothers don't care about Mu'awiya. Of course, it is important for ash-Shi'ah to care, since Mu'awiya fought against Imam 'Ali (who to them is higher ranked than a prophet).

But in Sunni Islam, the religion is completed at the death of Muhammed (pbuh). The message is across and finished, so whatever happens after his death does not matter. It does not affect their Islam, Salah, Zakat, getting into Paradise, etc.

Most Sunnis don't know and don't care much about Mu'awiya.

farris bro do u ENJOY getting ripped to pieces?

heres what i think about muawiyyah- may you be ressurected near him on qiyaamat and go to the same destination-

You should NEVER EVER make such a prayer for a fellow Muslim, since you bascially believe that man's abode in the after-life is Hell fire.

:angry:

It doesn't matter what Farris believes. YOU believe Muawiyah is going to Hell and you just prayed that a fello-Muslim receive the same fate!

The opinion of most Sunnis lies above ^^

The majority of our Sunni brothers don't care about Mu'awiya. Of course, it is important for ash-Shi'ah to care, since Mu'awiya fought against Imam 'Ali (who to them is higher ranked than a prophet).

But in Sunni Islam, the religion is completed at the death of Muhammed (pbuh). The message is across and finished, so whatever happens after his death does not matter. It does not affect their Islam, Salah, Zakat, getting into Paradise, etc.

Most Sunnis don't know and don't care much about Mu'awiya.

Does this suppose to mean that All Mohammed (pbuh) sayings were valid only when he was alive and outdated after he died?

Your belief is quite strange.

Why do you say kalima then

there is no God but Allah

and Mohammed is his messenger.

You should Say.

There is no God but Allah

and Mohammed was his messenger who is dead now.