- - - -

Photo
- - - - -

Can Someone Explain The Battle Of Jamal To Me?

68 replies to this topic

#26 Aliya

Aliya

shiachat resident

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,793 posts
  • Interests:Discussing and learning about Islam and other religions; learning about other cultures; discussing current affairs. Please don't pm me asking for my messenger, etc. I don't chat with ppl I don't know.

Posted 03 May 2007 - 03:03 PM

Sister this a transcript of Imam Muhammad al Asi's (db) speech. You can listen to the audio version too. Imam Muhammad Al Asi (db) goes through history without any bias. You can email the website for sources.
The speech talk about
the mistakes Hz Uthmaan (ra) made by brining his relatives to power and not following the sunnah of the first 2 calipahs.
then it talks about Muawiyah's injustice as well.
It also gives Imam Ali (as) opinion on the issue as he said Uthmaan did not die as a masoon nor did he die as a tryant, but his status lies in between that.
It talks about Bibi Ayesha (ra) killing 600 rebels for the crime of a few people. Then it talks about Ayesha (ra) asking the other side to forgive her when it comes to her justice. But there was no justice for the rebels.
Imam Ali (as) with his mercy grants her forgiveness. Then bibi Ayesha (ra) retired from politics.
Basically Uthmaan (ra) has some errors in his last 6 years of rule which caused 2000 people to rebel against him. Imam Ali (as) wanted to let these people tell us why they rebelled, so we can learn from our past mistakes. However, Bibi Ayesha (ra) did not give them this chance. Along with Muawiya who used this as an excuse to make him self a king. If we took Imam Ali (as) advise Muawiyah would never be in power and we would continue to have a just rule for a longer period of time.

Br. i know it's a transcript, but still would expect mention of what sources the speaker used for his information (such as Bukhari, Muslim, or whatever historical book).

#27 gogiison2

gogiison2

Ya Sahib az-Zaman!

• Unregistered
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,665 posts
  • Religion:Islam
  • Interests:making my body the servant of my soul

Posted 03 May 2007 - 03:16 PM

I have already expalined this is another thread but since the question has risen again I can not stand by while the mother of the believers, hazrat Aisha is made out to be a bad person, astaghfirullah....
When hazrat Urthman the tird of the rightly guided caliphs, the keeper of the 2 lights (so called becoz he was married to 2 of the prophets daughters 1 after the other when 1 died) was brutally murdered after being besiged in his house by rebels and hypocrites, after he was made a MARTYR.... his tribe began to call for his revenge..... ppl were in chaos as was the Islamic state... the hypocrites had managed to cause upset to the ummah. They flocked to hazrat Ali who wanted nothing 2 do with them, but he accepted the caliphate. Now the political situation was tence... hypocrites were everywhere and hazrat Ali had to sort out the ummah and and then deal with the murderers... however members of hazrat Uthmans family and hazrat Aisha insisted that hazrat Ali deal with the murderes at that instant.... People in Basra began to riot and accuse hazrat Ali of the unspeakable but hazrat Ali was INNOCCENT of what they accused him of but with rumours flying around ppl rioted and began to rebel.... Hazrat Aisha was persuaded to go to Basra to STOP any war that might develop as if ppl saw the mother of the believers then they would lay down their arms.... however upon setting out for Basra the hypocrites began spreading roumours that hazrat Aisha was reblling against hazrat Ali and that she had gone to raise an army against hazrat Ali but that WAS NOT THE TRUTH as I have already said.
Now hazrat Ali set out for Basra to meet the rioters. Upon reaching Basra hazrat Ali met with hazrat Aisha and they Both agreed to peace after hazrat Ali explained that he would deal with the murderes after he sorted the political situation out. Hazrat Aishas camp would disband the nxt day. However the hypocrites feared that there would be no war to disunite the muslims so they fired arrows from hazrat Alis camp into hazrat Aishas camp. Hazrat Ali was UNAWARE of the actions the hypocrites. Likewise hazrat Aishas camp was UNAWARE that it was the hypocrites who fired on them 2 provoke them into war. So hazrat Aishas camp thought that the peace deal was broken by hazrat Alis camp and so they fought. After the battle was over hazrat Aisha and hazrat Ali learned of the actions of the hypocrites and they agreed to peace after they realised the misunderstanding. Hazrat Ali never said anything bad about hazrat Aisha reffering to her always as the mother of the believers so who is any1 to question her or say bad things about her? Hazrat Aisha made a mistake in going to Basra in the first place but we must look at her intentions which were GOOD. She accepted she made a mistake in going, lets leave it at that! The deaths of muslims on BOTH sides are the fault of the HYPOCRITES.

Uthman was married to 2 of Muhammeds daughters?? which 2 daughters? i alwayz thought Fatima was the only daughter. hence Mubahila he took Fatima for his "women" and Hussan and Hussain for "sons"

#28 Sunni Star

Sunni Star

• Advanced Members
  • PipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 03:49 PM

prophet had 4 daughters: Hazrat Zainab, hazrat Umm Khultham, hazrat Ruqiyah and hazrat Fatima. Oh nad no the first 3 were NOT step daughters as shia like 2 believe but his biological daughters, thats why all 4 were Called BINT MUHAMMAD, they were called this even AFTER the verses dealing with adoption were revealed wheras hazrat Zahid who was adopted by prophet changed his name from Bin Muhammad back to his biological fathers name. There are some shia I believe who agree with the sunni view point about prophet having 4 daughters.... however no1 can deny that hazrat Fatima held a special place in her fathers heart.

#29 Aliya

Aliya

shiachat resident

• Advanced Members
  • 11,793 posts
  • Interests:Discussing and learning about Islam and other religions; learning about other cultures; discussing current affairs. Please don't pm me asking for my messenger, etc. I don't chat with ppl I don't know.

Posted 03 May 2007 - 03:51 PM

sunnis, and some scholars, insist that Prophet (pbuh) had FOUR daughters, two of which were married to Uthman. However, there is disagreement amongst scholars whether these women were:

1. daughters of Bibi Khadija (as) from previous marriage(s)
2. Biological daughters of Bibi Khadija (as) and Prophet (pbuh)
or
3. nieces of Bibi Khadija (as) that came to live with her and prophet (pbuh) when their mother died.

This has been discussed several times in this forum, and so far no one has been able to explain the lack of evidence for:

Lack of mention of relationship with these women as Prophet (pbuh) had with Bibi Fatima (as)

Lack of mention of relationship with their children as Prophet (pbuh) had with the children of Bibi Fatima (as)

Lack of mention of relationship with their husbands as Prophet (pbuh) had with Imam Ali (as) as a SON IN LAW (not just a companion, as Uthman was)

Lack of evidence of grieving, as we see evidenced with other children of Prophet (pbuh) who pre-deceased him, even though those children were young, and these women were adults

and we also see Prophet (pbuh) waiting for divine decree before marrying off Bibi Fatima (as), but not these other women who were actually married to non-muslims, all but one of whom divorced, the other (according to wikipedia), Zainab did not automatically divorce her non-muslim husband

#30 Aliya

Aliya

shiachat resident

• Advanced Members
  • 11,793 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 03:56 PM

this is actually a pretty good link which sort of looks at the different views on the subject of these 'daughters'

http://en.wikipedia....dijas_daughters

#31 truthseeker_

truthseeker_

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 04:01 PM

(salam)

read shaeed ghulam hussain najfirehm ullah book qaowel e maqbool dar wahdaet e binte rasool and one is misbha al hadayat vol3 also and there are several books and if any one does not have the najfi rehm ullah book then i ll try to scan it and upload it

#32 gogiison2

gogiison2

Ya Sahib az-Zaman!

• Unregistered
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,665 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 09:43 PM

very hard to believe Muhammed had 4 daughters and only 1 went at Mubahila while hussan and hussain Both went. u be the jury...i heard scholars say that the other 3 women were daughters of Khadijas sister.

#33 Firoz Ali

Firoz Ali

• Banned
  • 3,380 posts

Posted 04 May 2007 - 01:39 AM

Salaam Alaiqum,
Yaa Ali madad haq hai
MUNAFIQS LOVE AND RESPECT LANTI MUAWIYA

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If Holy Prophet SAWW had other real daughters (apt from The Holy lady of Paradise A.S)

Just bring hadees Narratted by any of them (from any sources)

There R many hadees narrated by Holy lady of Paradise --Bibi fatima A.S and many hadees narrated by Hazret ali A.S

similarly can sunnis bring any hadees narrated by these so called real daughters of Holy Prophet SAWW??

Allah Hafiz
Yaa Ali Madad
Firoz Ali

#34 Aliya

Aliya

shiachat resident

• Advanced Members
  • 11,793 posts

Posted 04 May 2007 - 08:44 AM

I've never seen hadith narrated ABOUT them. There's no evidence of relationship with them, their husbands (as sons-in-law), or their children, that's been brought. No evidence has been brought of Prophet (pbuh) mourning them, or their children, who predeceased him, though we see narrations brought about him mourning his children who died as very young children. There's the blatant exclusion of them, in fact, and that behaviour is not befitting any parent, but particularly a prophet.

For me these are gaps that would need to be filled in, or reconciled before I could be convinced of their biological relationship to Prophet (pbuh)

#35 strawberry

strawberry

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,825 posts

Posted 04 May 2007 - 09:59 AM

Isn't all this off-topic?

Anyway, this is something I found:
The Prophet (PBUH&HF) said to his wives: "I wonder which one of you will be the instigator of the Camel Affair, at whom the dogs of Haw'ab will bark, and she will be the one who has deviated from the straight path. As to you Humayra (i.e., Aisha), I have warned you in that regard."

History of Ibn al-Athir, v3, p120
al-Imamah wa al-Siyasah, by Ibn Qutaybah

#36 strawberry

strawberry

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,825 posts

Posted 04 May 2007 - 10:02 AM

Umm Salama said to Aisha: "Do you remember the day the Prophet of Allah (PBUH&HF) proceeded and we were with him and he turned left from [a place called] Qadid and sat alone with Ali and whispered to him for a long time? You wanted to force yourself on them; I tried to prevent you, but you disobeyed me and intruded. It did not take long before you returned in tears. I asked: 'What happened to you?' And you replied: 'I approached them and they were in conversation, so I said to Ali: 'I get with the Prophet of Allah one day out of nine, so can you not, O son of Abu Talib, leave me with him on my day?' The Messenger of Allah came towards me and he was red with anger, and said: 'Go back! By Allah, none except those who have abandoned faith can hate him'. Then you returned repentant and sad." Aisha said: "Yes, I remember that."

Umm Salama continued: "I also remind you that you and I were with the Prophet of Allah and he said to us: 'Which one of you will be the rider of the trained camel, at whom the dogs of Haw'ab will bark, and she will have deviated from the right path?' We said: 'We seek refuge from Allah and His Prophet from that'. He touched your back and said: 'Don't be that one, O Humayra.'" Aisha said: "I remember that."

Commentary of Ibn Abil Hadid, v2, p77

Historians have recorded that she was the general leader of the battle, supervising, separating people and issuing commands. Even when Talha and al-Zubair argued as to who should lead the prayer, and when both of them wanted to lead, Aisha intervened and removed them both and ordered Abdullah Ibn Zubair, her nephew, to lead the dissents in prayer.

She would dispatch messengers with letters which she sent to several regions, requesting their assistance against Ali Ibn Abi Talib and urging them with the Jahili zeal. She even recruited twenty thousand or more rabble and greedy Arabs to fight and depose the Commander of the Faithful. Her urging resulted in zealous discord, where large numbers of people were killed in the name of defending and aiding the mother of the believers. The historians say that when the companions of Aisha came to Uthman Ibn Hanif, the governor of Basra, they took him along with seventy of his officers who were in charge of the public treasury as prisoners. They brought them to Aisha who ordered that they be put to death. They were slaughtered as sheep are slaughtered. It is even reported there were 400 men in all and that they were the first Muslims whose heads were cut off whilst they were patient.

History of al-Tabari, v5, p178

Quite clearly, the Mother of believers :)

al-Sha'bi reported from Muslim Ibn Abi Bakra from his father "When Talha and Zubair reached Basra, I put on my sword as I wanted to help them. I visited Aisha, she was ordering, prohibiting; she was in command. I remembered a Hadith from the Prophet of Allah (PBUH&HF) which I used to hear him say: 'A community which has its affairs administered by a woman will never succeed.' I [therefore] withdrew from them and left them". (reported by al-Bukhari, v8, p97; al-Nisa'i, v4, p305; al-Hakim, v4, p525)

Edited by strawberry, 04 May 2007 - 10:09 AM.

#37 bobthebuilder

bobthebuilder

• Advanced Members
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 04 May 2007 - 05:36 PM

Sunni Star got me thinking:

If Ayesha is a bad person, then basically you are saying that Muhammad had bad judgment in marrying her right? Isn't hating on Ayesha hating on the good judgment of the Prophet?

Also, nevertheless she did go to heaven correct? Just as Ali had made a mistake with drinking (which brought upon the prohibition of alcohol), Ayesha made a mistake here right?

But then again, that Quran line does say for the Prophet's wives to stay home...ugh. confusing.

#38 Kaniz-e-Fatima Shiapower

Kaniz-e-Fatima Shiapower

• Advanced Members
  • PipPip
  • 485 posts
  • Interests:Fighting wahabism, one shrunken pyjama at a time.

Posted 04 May 2007 - 05:45 PM

If Ayesha is a bad person, then basically you are saying that Muhammad had bad judgment in marrying her right? Isn't hating on Ayesha hating on the good judgment of the Prophet?

Also, nevertheless she did go to heaven correct? Just as Ali had made a mistake with drinking (which brought upon the prohibition of alcohol), Ayesha made a mistake here right?

But then again, that Quran line does say for the Prophet's wives to stay home...ugh. confusing.

Bob, the Prophet NEVER makes mistakes. Why would you be so close-minded? If he married Ayesha, it was for a function and a purpose. Do you not READ our posts, youre always babbling. It takes efforts to write these posts you know....

The purpose could be to show people's true nature. And to expose the nature of power and position.

And where are u getting this garbage that Ali drank. That is bull.

#39 Path2Felicity

Path2Felicity

Real Eyes Realize Real lies

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,502 posts

Posted 04 May 2007 - 05:50 PM

The Prophet (saw) married Ayesha for political purposes. Many of the Prophets marriages were due to political purposes.

Imam Ali (as) did not drink alcohol- I'm not sure where you got this from.

The only thing with Ayesha's mistake is... there was a lot of blood lost as a result. It's a pretty bad "mistake"... you can't go to war with someone and then just say, "Oh, my bad" after people have been killed. Nonetheless, we should treat her the way that Imam Ali (as) did- he is, afterall, our role model and our imam.

Wasalaam

#40 gogiison2

gogiison2

Ya Sahib az-Zaman!

• Unregistered
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,665 posts

Posted 04 May 2007 - 07:20 PM

asalaamualikum all....again Bob the Builder with the imam Ali drinking, provide proof plz cuz mostly EVERYONE says this is fabrications. we asked u to provide proof b4 and u didnt..now u say it again without proof? Allahafiz 2 all.. PS. brother plz dont believe everything u hear becuz this way a man will go crazy. Imam Ali was great. Islam teaches that aggressiveness is not liked by Allah and he was said to fight only in defense. so of course im thinking its POSSIBLE he would NOT kill a woman sitting in idle on her camel. but rather show his love 4 Allah and forgive people for their mistakes. as their are hadiths that say if an enemy approaches u and he is helpless and runs away this means he values his life, dont kill him..was taught in Imam Ali's Najal Balagah. becuz we have to think its POSSIBLE they may repent.

Edited by gogiison2, 04 May 2007 - 07:22 PM.

#41 Ibn al-Hussain

Ibn al-Hussain

[-Talib e Ilm-]

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,563 posts

Posted 04 May 2007 - 07:25 PM

Just as Ali had made a mistake with drinking (which brought upon the prohibition of alcohol)

Where did you hear that? I haven't even heard a Sunni ever say that.

#42 Aliya

Aliya

shiachat resident

• Advanced Members
  • 11,793 posts

Posted 04 May 2007 - 08:00 PM

this is the second time he's bringing this up, WITHOUT A SOURCE OR REFERENCE. If something is not brought to substantiate this claim (astaghfirullah), or he recants this statement as it is slanderous toward Imam Ali (as) (even sunnis do not believe this about Imam Ali (as), I'm pretty positive), he WILL receive disciplinary action, which could be suspension or banning because such disrespect of Imam Ali (as) (Prophet (pbuh) and Ahlul bayt (as) are included in the same rule) is not allowed and is a bannable offense. I'm TRYING to be patient for him to bring proof or amend his statement, but him repeating it makes it harder to dismiss as one off incident.

So... ATTENTION BOBTHEBUILDER, PLEASE EITHER SOURCE/REFERENCE YOUR STATEMENT ABOUT IMAM ALI (as) DRINKING ALCOHOL (ASTAGHFIRULLAH), OR RETRACT THE STATEMENT. FAILURE TO DO EITHER OF THESE THINGS WILL RESULT IN DISCIPLINARY ACTION (POSSIBLE SUSPENSION OR BAN UNDER RULE 1) Blasphemy of any kind towards Allah (sw), Prophet Muhammad (saww), the Ahlul-Bayt and any Prophet of Allah, shall be met with a permanent ban from this site. No warning is necessary. )

#43 baqar

baqar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,195 posts
  • Interests:The true message of the Ahlul Bayt (as)

Posted 04 May 2007 - 09:08 PM

If Ayesha is a bad person, then basically you are saying that Muhammad had bad judgment in marrying her right?

Not at all. Who told you that prophets have to marry good women ? What about the prophets Nooh and Loot ? The Quran says clearly that they were bad and consigned to hell. They married bad women. Why did our Holy Prophet have to marry good women ?

Just as Ali had made a mistake with drinking (which brought upon the prohibition of alcohol), Ayesha made a mistake here right?

As sister Aliya says, you have raised this before and you have been told that it is a white lie.

Imam Ali never touched alcohol.

Nothing confusing whatsoever ! We can only speculate why the Holy Prophet married Ayesha. Just because he married her does not make her a good woman. Ayesha rebelled against her caliph and the beloved brother of the Holy Prophet.

She rebelled ! Simple as that.

prophet had 4 daughters: Hazrat Zainab, hazrat Umm Khultham, hazrat Ruqiyah and hazrat Fatima. Oh nad no the first 3 were NOT step daughters as shia like 2 believe

Even if what you say is true, what does it have to do with the subject matter of this thread ? Nothing whatsoever.

#44 Chronic

Chronic

• Advanced Members
  • PipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 05 May 2007 - 01:27 AM

Considering that your insult to Imam Ali (as) and his exalted reputation has hurt me deeply, I, with all my faith in Allah, beseech him to forgive you and to show you the right path if you have uttered this aspersion unknowingly, but if this was done knowingly and on purpose, than I beg Allah (the exalted, the knower of intentions) to show you no mercy and to punish you with the utmost severity.

#45 haideriam

haideriam

Ya Qaim Ali Muhammad(AS) Adrikni

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,251 posts
  • Religion:Islam - Muhhib

Posted 05 May 2007 - 05:24 AM

I have already expalined this is another thread but since the question has risen again I can not stand by while the mother of the believers, hazrat Aisha is made out to be a bad person, astaghfirullah....
When hazrat Urthman the tird of the rightly guided caliphs, the keeper of the 2 lights (so called becoz he was married to 2 of the prophets daughters 1 after the other when 1 died) was brutally murdered after being besiged in his house by rebels and hypocrites, after he was made a MARTYR.... his tribe began to call for his revenge..... ppl were in chaos as was the Islamic state... the hypocrites had managed to cause upset to the ummah. They flocked to hazrat Ali who wanted nothing 2 do with them, but he accepted the caliphate. Now the political situation was tence... hypocrites were everywhere and hazrat Ali had to sort out the ummah and and then deal with the murderers... however members of hazrat Uthmans family and hazrat Aisha insisted that hazrat Ali deal with the murderes at that instant.... People in Basra began to riot and accuse hazrat Ali of the unspeakable but hazrat Ali was INNOCCENT of what they accused him of but with rumours flying around ppl rioted and began to rebel.... Hazrat Aisha was persuaded to go to Basra to STOP any war that might develop as if ppl saw the mother of the believers then they would lay down their arms.... however upon setting out for Basra the hypocrites began spreading roumours that hazrat Aisha was reblling against hazrat Ali and that she had gone to raise an army against hazrat Ali but that WAS NOT THE TRUTH as I have already said.
Now hazrat Ali set out for Basra to meet the rioters. Upon reaching Basra hazrat Ali met with hazrat Aisha and they Both agreed to peace after hazrat Ali explained that he would deal with the murderes after he sorted the political situation out. Hazrat Aishas camp would disband the nxt day. However the hypocrites feared that there would be no war to disunite the muslims so they fired arrows from hazrat Alis camp into hazrat Aishas camp. Hazrat Ali was UNAWARE of the actions the hypocrites. Likewise hazrat Aishas camp was UNAWARE that it was the hypocrites who fired on them 2 provoke them into war. So hazrat Aishas camp thought that the peace deal was broken by hazrat Alis camp and so they fought. After the battle was over hazrat Aisha and hazrat Ali learned of the actions of the hypocrites and they agreed to peace after they realised the misunderstanding. Hazrat Ali never said anything bad about hazrat Aisha reffering to her always as the mother of the believers so who is any1 to question her or say bad things about her? Hazrat Aisha made a mistake in going to Basra in the first place but we must look at her intentions which were GOOD. She accepted she made a mistake in going, lets leave it at that! The deaths of muslims on BOTH sides are the fault of the HYPOCRITES.

1. where were these family members when the seige was in place. let us assume the number was insignificant, therefore this leads us to another question.
2.how could this insignificant number which could not protect the caliph carry out a massive revolt?
3. what you are saying is that hazrat aisha was also a party to the views of the demanders turned revoltees. the insistance of at that moment pretty much sums up as to who started the war.
4. the underlined portions are full of contradictions, if hazrat aisha went to stop the potential revoltees, than why did she have to make peace with Imam Ali(as).

brother the problem is that one's own conjecture is always filled with contradictions.

#46 strawberry

strawberry

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,825 posts

Posted 05 May 2007 - 08:41 AM

Please read my post. I didn't just take the effort of searching for nothing, you know. :dry:

Prophet Mohammad (SAW) as already mentioned married her for political reasons. And if you haven't read the Qur'an,

66:10
Allah has set forth an example to the disbelievers, the wife Of Noah and the wife of Lot. They were both married to two servants from among our righteous servants, but they were deceitful/treacherous to their husbands. And they benefited nothing before Allah on the account of their (husbands). Instead they were told: "Enter the Fire with those who enter."

Being the wife of a Prophet does not give someone a special status, as proven by the Qur'an.

And again, provide the reference for Imam Ali (as) drinkin alcohol. I find it absurd that going against the Qur'an, (despite the fact that the Prophet had warned her), going against Imam Ali (despite the fact that the Prophet had told her only a munafiq would go against him) and killing muslims could be called a "mistake"

#47 Aliya

Aliya

shiachat resident

• Advanced Members
  • 11,793 posts

Posted 05 May 2007 - 01:21 PM

I managed to find the lie about Imam Ali (as) in tafsir Ibn Kathir (BTB needs to know the is the ONLY time I will take the time to research HIS unsourced claims, future incidents will result in disciplinary action, particularly if they are slanderous toward Prophet (pbuh) or Ahlul Bayt (as).

actually, after some digging last night, I actually found the allegation about Ali and alcohol as being present in Tafsir Ibn Kathir

http://tafsir.com/de...sid=4&tid=11257
Another Reason Ibn Abi Hatim narrated that `Ali bin Abi Talib said, "Abdur-Rahman bin `Awf made some food to which he invited us and served some alcohol to drink. When we became intoxicated, and the time for prayer came, they asked someone to lead us in prayer. He recited `Say, `O disbelievers! I do not worship that which you worship, but we worship that which you worship [refer to the correct wording of the Surah: 109].''' Allah then revealed,

[íóÜÃóíøõåóÇ ÇáøóÐöíäó ÁóÇãóäõæÇú áÇó ÊóÞúÑóÈõæÇú ÇáÕøóáóæÉó æóÃóäÊõãú ÓõßóÜÑóì ÍóÊøóì ÊóÚúáóãõæÇú ãóÇ ÊóÞõæáõæäó]

(O you who believe! Do not approach Salah when you are in a drunken state until you know what you are saying). '' This is the narration collected by Ibn Abi Hatim and At-Tirmidhi, who said "Hasan [Gharib] Sahih

And I have yet to ANY shia confirm such a despicable and slanderous thing against an INFALLIBLE IMAM (as are ALL 12 imams from Ahlul Bayt )

the above is taken from my post in the "Ali or Abu Bakr" thread, also started by BTB

#48 hamed1

hamed1

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 05 May 2007 - 03:11 PM

(salam)

I think bob is just someone who wants to instigate conflict in this forum; no matter how much evidence we give him, he doesn't seem to comprehend anything; worse of all he keeps mentioning that Ali (as) drank alcohol, which everyone knows is untrue...

Maybe he should be banned from this site?

wasalam

#49 Ibn al-Hussain

Ibn al-Hussain

[-Talib e Ilm-]

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,563 posts

Posted 05 May 2007 - 03:31 PM

Can you guys all stop hating on the guy and give him the benefit of the doubt!? I don't want the guy to 'not become a Shia' because of some attitude or negative comments shown towards him, I think two three comments about the alcohol were good enough to make him realize such a thing is untrue, no need to BAN the dude!!!

Edited by Ali_Imran, 05 May 2007 - 03:40 PM.

#50 baqar

baqar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,195 posts
  • Interests:The true message of the Ahlul Bayt (as)

Posted 05 May 2007 - 04:04 PM

Considering that your insult to Imam Ali (as) and his exalted reputation has hurt me deeply, I, with all my faith in Allah, beseech him to forgive you and to show you the right path if you have uttered this aspersion unknowingly, but if this was done knowingly and on purpose, than I beg Allah (the exalted, the knower of intentions) to show you no mercy and to punish you with the utmost severity.

I managed to find the lie about Imam Ali (as) in tafsir Ibn Kathir

I think he was merely quoting from some place he came across, perhaps an Internet site. I don't think he meant to disparage our Imam. Surely, one should always present their references. But I think he is seriously trying to learn. And unless he insists on trying to denigrate our Imam, the benefit of doubt might prove a good decision, in the long run.

In any case, the fact of the matter is that the hadeeth has been denounced as a total white lie, by the wider Muslim community. Some people who like to find fault with the Ahlul Bayt try and use it. All said and done, the fact of the matter is that

our Imam never touched alcohol.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users