Clan of Ali

Imambargah's In Queensland Anyone?

AOA

I have recently made friends with a young girl who is unmarried but pregnant. Her boyfriend left her, he is a Muslim from Turkey, I think Sunni.

She wants to convert to Islam after being brought up in a Christian home. She is due any day now and is having a son and asked me details on what to do once a baby is born and said one of her friends mentioned to 'whisper the testimony of faith' in his ears, which is obviously the adhaan and ikamah.

But, because she lives in Queensland and I'm in the ACT, it is very hard to explain things to her without seeing her face to face.

Does anyone know of any Imambargah's in Queensland? It would be a good idea to direct her there so she can gain knowledge from Shia members of the community.

I wish I could help her some how.

Any ideas?

Thanks

WS

You are kidding me? serious? no imambargahs there? how come.

I don't think she will go to Sydney, I hardly know her, met her on one of the parenting forums and thats how we started talking as her son is due to be born tomorrow.

I have reccommended her to some shia sites and is finding them interesting.

Fingers crossed Inshallah

Thank U

(salam)

Yeah there's adhan in the right ear and iqama in the left. She should also obviously give him a nice Muslim name. Don't know of anything else, this thread might help:

http://www.shiachat.com/forum/index.php?sh...73&hl=birth

As someone else suggested, it might be a good idea for her to come to Sydney for a while, be taken around to the centres and talk to the sheikhs here etc....although obviously not now since she's just given birth and isn't in any state to travel. If she's willing to come to Sydney, I can arrange for her to get free airfares and accommodation, as long as it can be established that she is legit (u never know with the internet!).

wasalaam

You are kidding me? serious? no imambargahs there? how come.

No, no kidding. I think the numbers do not justify an Imambargah. May be you could also check with people like Sheikh Jihaad just in case some development has taken place recently that I am not aware of.

I don't think she will go to Sydney, I hardly know her, met her on one of the parenting forums and thats how we started talking as her son is due to be born tomorrow.

I am sure your concern for her will prove rewarding. May Allah and Maula help the poor girl and give her guidance and hope.

I have reccommended her to some shia sites and is finding them interesting.Fingers crossed Inshallah

Please get her to read Hazrat Ali's letter no. 53 in the Nahjul Balagha and the story of Lady Zainab. There is a very nice book on Lady Zainab called "The Essential Woman'. She can read it on the Internet. Go to http://www.anitarai.com and press third button on the left from the top.

If she is really looking for guidance, she cannot go astray after reading those two things.

Thank U

You are welcome

Thanks all for ur replies, I'm trying my utmost best for her to become Shia. I know I can't force anyone but am trying hard to convince her by emails etc.

Lets c what comes out of all my efforts?

Thanks again

KH

the sister obviously needs support.

provide her with some good sunni contacts as im sure theres many centres there.

do what u can with the shia influence, but at the end of the day, its up to Allah.

if u choose no support in favour of sunni support, she may leave islam altogether as she is in a very sensitive period.

wasalaam.