Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ZulfiqarAbdullah

I Have Lost All Respect I Had For Dante

Rate this topic

14 posts in this topic

Salaam Alaykum

Look what this idiot Dante says in his book "The Divine Comedy":

In the Divine Comedy, Dante describes in Inferno XXVIII that both Ali and Muhammad were in the 8th (and second harshest) Circle of Hell, as sowers of dissent:

Look what the fool Dante says:

"See how mangled is Mohammed! Ahead of me proceeds Alì, in tears, his face split open from his chin to forelock. And all the others whom you see sowed scandal and schism while they lived, and that is why they here are hacked asunder."

GAH! I can't do anything since the idiot's dead! It makes me EXTREMELY angry.

The moronic false-prophet Dante STEALS his view of Hell fom the Islamic view of Hell and then goes on to denounce Islam and call a great man like Muhammad (as) a person of Hell!

I hope this fool is burning in Hell. I wish that, when Imam Mahdi (as) returns, people like this will be ressurected only to be killed again my Imam Mahdi's (as) hands. Then he'll see whom he mocked!

Not all non-Muslims are like this. Look at what the Tenzin Gyatso, the 14th Dalai Lama said:

"If Buddhism had Ali's Nahj al-Balagha and Hussein's Battle, then everyone in the World would be Buddhist".

Edited by ZulfiqarAbdullah

keep in mind that dante lived a long time ago when information was not as easily accessible. he probably didn't know any better. i'm surprised he even knew who imam ali was!

keep in mind that dante lived a long time ago when information was not as easily accessible. he probably didn't know any better. i'm surprised he even knew who imam ali was!

Salaam Alaykum

At that time, the Qur'an was accessible in Latin. However, it was called: "Lex Mahumet pseudoprophete" which translates to: "The Law of Muhammad the false Prophet". They had a biased Qur'an; I'm sure Dante read it.

I know ...but read again ...why Ali? and Ali caused schism in the world? dosent he sound like those nasibis who claim that it was Ali's followers who caused fitna in the ummah?

Not all non-Muslims are like this. Look at what the Tenzin Gyatso, the 14th Dalai Lama said:

"If Buddhism had Ali's Nahj al-Balagha and Hussein's Battle, then everyone in the World would be Buddhist".

:!!!:

Salaam Alaykum

Look what this idiot Dante says in his book "The Divine Comedy":

Look what the fool Dante says:

"See how mangled is Mohammed! Ahead of me proceeds Alì, in tears, his face split open from his chin to forelock. And all the others whom you see sowed scandal and schism while they lived, and that is why they here are hacked asunder."

GAH! I can't do anything since the idiot's dead! It makes me EXTREMELY angry.

The moronic false-prophet Dante STEALS his view of Hell fom the Islamic view of Hell and then goes on to denounce Islam and call a great man like Muhammad (as) a person of Hell!

I hope this fool is burning in Hell. I wish that, when Imam Mahdi (as) returns, people like this will be ressurected only to be killed again my Imam Mahdi's (as) hands. Then he'll see whom he mocked!

(salam)

Dante's logic for "seminator di scandalo e di scisma"—a "sower of scandal and schism"— is in actuality his perception that Islam is a schism of the religion of Jesus.

He must have known of the Islamic presence in Italy

He was extremely patriotic and placed the traitors of Italy in the mouth of Satan.

There is no justification for his placing of Nabi Muhammad (saw) and Imam Ali (as) in hell.

(salam)

I read it about 10 or so years ago in college. There is another passage which is even more insulting. I don't remember where in the book it happens but in it Dante and his guide are crossing a river and the Prophet (pbuh) is either standing on the side of the river or in another boat but Dante says something to him and the Prophet (pbuh) responds by passing gas loudly. If I remember correctly the line goes something like "after speaking to him he (Muhammad) responded with a bugle from his a**".

I remember my professor not spending much time on that passage. He was reluctant to even discuss it and moved on very quickly after speaking about it. I remember the christian students in my class just giggling while myself and another muslim student felt our tempratures rise.

Its important to realize that Dante was a fervent christian and anything he wrote would be only from a christian point of view. The book itself is itself a christian book describing the levels of hell to christians to get them in line. Islam to Dante was a heathen religion.

I read it about 10 or so years ago in college. There is another passage which is even more insulting. I don't remember where in the book it happens but in it Dante and his guide are crossing a river and the Prophet (pbuh) is either standing on the side of the river or in another boat but Dante says something to him and the Prophet (pbuh) responds by passing gas loudly. If I remember correctly the line goes something like "after speaking to him he (Muhammad) responded with a bugle from his a**".

I remember my professor not spending much time on that passage. He was reluctant to even discuss it and moved on very quickly after speaking about it. I remember the christian students in my class just giggling while myself and another muslim student felt our tempratures rise.

Its important to realize that Dante was a fervent christian and anything he wrote would be only from a christian point of view. The book itself is itself a christian book describing the levels of hell to christians to get them in line. Islam to Dante was a heathen religion.

Dante stole most of his poem from ibn Arabi and other muslim mystics who drew inspiration from the Ahle Bayt alayhim as salam so he can hate as much as he wants, no one really reads him now anyway

(salam)

Who really cares if Dante got himself a one way ticket to hell? Nobody collects their philosophy from Dante in this day and age.

Actually Dante's Inferno is considered to be a classic of that age. Its read and discussed in many Literature classes in colleges/universities in the U.S.

Actually Dante's Inferno is considered to be a classic of that age. Its read and discussed in many Literature classes in colleges/universities in the U.S.

"Its read and discussed in many Literature classes in colleges/universities in the U.S."

Bingo!!!! You win the prize, "literature".

Peace

Satyaban

The hardness of your reaction to Dante is perhaps understandable, but unjustified. The cheap insults (idiot, etc) are pretty juvenile too. When you contribute some masterpieces of literature, feel free to call whoever you like an idiot. Until then, kindly shut it; you're out of your depth.

Dante was an Italian poet living in Catholic Europe in the 13th and 14th centuries. The 1200's and 1300's.

His writings are understandable given the time and place he lived in. The notion in Christian Europe of a non-Christian being eligible for salvation was pretty much unthinkable; where else do you think Dante could have placed Muhammad without being burned alive at the stake? The placement with the "sowers of discord" actually identifies Muhammad as a believer in God, but one who split people from the right path. Which is not acceptable to us, but it is actually an understandable thing for a 13th century European to believe.