#1 Kay

Kay

Yeh duniya.... Yeh mehfil mera kaam ki nahin

• Advanced Members
  • PipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 01:06 AM

(salam)

I was wondering if any one knew anything about the brothers of Imam Ali(a.s) from what I know he definatley had an older brother named Talib as Hazrat Abu Talib's name is derived from that. But did he have more brothers and did these brothers convert to islam? What were there significance? How come we never hear of them from Moulanas or in Majaalis? Just wanted to know if some1 could impart some wisdom on me...

wasalam

#2 IzZaT

IzZaT

• Advanced Members
  • PipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 01:19 AM

(salam)
I was wondering if any one knew anything about the brothers of Imam Ali(a.s) from what I know he definatley had an older brother named Talib as Hazrat Abu Talib's name is derived from that. But did he have more brothers and did these brothers convert to islam? What were there significance? How come we never hear of them from Moulanas or in Majaalis? Just wanted to know if some1 could impart some wisdom on me...

wasalam

Brother from what i know he had two brothers, jaffer and aqeel. Bth were strong warriors, Jaffer had a son called Abdullah who was married to Bibi Zainab(a.s) and Aqeel son was Muslim, the one ibn Ziyad orderd the killing of in kufa. When Aun n Muhammed peace be upon them and their family rode out 2 meet Yazids army they said do you not know who we are??? We are the sons of Ali and Jaffar-e -tayyar!! Brother these were the most loyal companions. May Allah eternally bestow his blessings on them

#3 A true Sunni

A true Sunni

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,620 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 06:32 PM

Jafar Tayyar martyred i believe at the batle of Muta where he lost both arms hence the title tayyar.
Aqeel as rightly pointed out father of Hz Muslim. and Talib. All muslims.
salaam

#4 Gypsy

Gypsy

Hal Min Nasirin Yansurna

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,509 posts
  • Interests:Exposing hypocrisy and double standards.

Posted 31 January 2007 - 07:38 PM

(salam)
Imam Ali(as) had few brothers : Jaffar, Aqel and he had another brother.

#5 ali sadr

ali sadr
  • Basic Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 07:07 PM

he had 3 brothers, and he was the youngest. The oldest of course was Talib, then Aqil, then Jaffar, then Ali.

#6 Panzerwaffe

Panzerwaffe

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,218 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 08:13 PM

lecture on jafar b abitalib by a sunni scholar

http://video.google....1...talib&hl=en
jaffar's fight was so heroic that over 90 stab wounds were identified on his body

Edited by Panzerwaffe, 30 April 2007 - 08:17 PM.

#7 Panzerwaffe

Panzerwaffe

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,218 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 08:15 PM

Brother from what i know he had two brothers, jaffer and aqeel. Bth were strong warriors,

Aqeel was late convert , he joined muawiyah when Imam refused to pay him more than his share from baytul mal ...although there is no consensus as to whether he fought Imam or not

#8 rahat

rahat

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,964 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 09:45 PM

The father of Muslim bin Aqeel? I have a hard time believing that.

-
rahat

#9 Gangster

Gangster

• Banned
  • 830 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 09:53 PM

Jaffar The Flying (as) was of a high rank beyond our appreciation.

Aqeel (ra) often tried to get non-lawful money from Imam Ali (as). I don't know whether at the end he was good or bad, hopefully good and we can say (ra), but certainly incomparable to the well-known hero.

#10 Akbar673

Akbar673

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,122 posts
  • Religion:12er Ithna Asheri Shia

Posted 02 May 2007 - 04:10 PM

Aqeel was late convert , he joined muawiyah when Imam refused to pay him more than his share from baytul mal ...although there is no consensus as to whether he fought Imam or not

Please provide sources....

#11 Panzerwaffe

Panzerwaffe

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,218 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 06:11 PM

The father of Muslim bin Aqeel? I have a hard time believing that.

-
rahat

the son is not responsible for his father's deeds....remember the son of abu bakr..there are many examples like this

Edited by Panzerwaffe, 11 May 2007 - 06:13 PM.

#12 Panzerwaffe

Panzerwaffe

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,218 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 06:15 PM

Aqeel (ra) often tried to get non-lawful money from Imam Ali (as). I don't know whether at the end he was good or bad, hopefully good and we can say (ra), but certainly incomparable to the well-known hero.

I hope so too ...but remember that aqeel was also a very late convert to Islam unlike many other in banu hashim
many people joined muawiyah not for fighting Ali but simply because life with muawiyah was more "comfortable"

probably best is the admission of abu huraira as a "neutral" in siffin he prayed in Ali's army as he said prayer was better but ate with mauwiyah's as the food was better !

Edited by Panzerwaffe, 11 May 2007 - 06:19 PM.

#13 LaYdee_110

LaYdee_110

Milllkkkyyyy

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,186 posts
  • Interests:Interesting. Now What?

Posted 11 May 2007 - 06:20 PM

Imam Ali (as) had 3 brothers in total

Imam Ali (as) was the youngest of all the brothers

Imam Ali (as)'s eldest brother was Hazrath Jafar bin Abu Talib (as) who was the father in law of Imam Ali (as) daughter Syeda Zainab (sa)
After Hazrath Jafar (as) was Hazrath Aqil bin Abu Talib (as) who was the father of Hazrath Muslim bin Aqil(as) who was shaheeded in Kufa.
After Hazrat Aqil (as) Hazrath Talib bin Talib (as) and after him is our 1ST IMAM (as)

#14 LaYdee_110

LaYdee_110

Milllkkkyyyy

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,186 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 06:25 PM

hard to believe Id rather have sources to back this up rather then sayin it as it aint right talking about Imam Ali (as) brother like that without evidence to support this....why on eart wood ne1 join their familys enermies even a normal human being woodnt think twice on the matter...I personally think Hazrat Aqeel (as) would do that

#15 LaYdee_110

LaYdee_110

Milllkkkyyyy

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,186 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 06:28 PM

I found this via the internet : http://masum.wordpre...a-bint-asad-as/

Aqeel Ibn Abi Talib He was born in 590. His Kuniyath was Abu Yazd. He accepted Islam at the time of Hudaibiya and reached Madina in 8th hijri. He fought in the Battle of Mu’tah. He became blind in his old age. He died at the age of 96. His son Muslim Ibn Aqeel was The first Martyr of Kerbala. He was Safeer-E-Hussain to Kufa. Muslim Ibn Aqeel’s two sons Mohammad and Ibrahim also met martyrdom in Kufa.

#16 Panzerwaffe

Panzerwaffe

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,218 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 06:44 PM

I have read this about him in the books Istiab and Usdal Ghaba ,this incident is also mentioned in the largely pro-shia waqat siffin by minqari
sadly i dont have a scanner to give u the pages ....if u dont believe me I wont argue with you
the brief biography you quoted above says nothing of his orientation in the fitna or his participation in the wars of Imam Ali's caliphate [ which is our topic of discussion]

#17 Tayyeb_Jaan

Tayyeb_Jaan

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,697 posts
  • Religion:Islam

Posted 11 May 2007 - 06:44 PM

were his (as) brothers infallible?

#18 Panzerwaffe

Panzerwaffe

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,218 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 06:46 PM

^obviously not

#19 Panzerwaffe

Panzerwaffe

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,218 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 06:48 PM

....why on eart wood ne1 join their familys enermies even a normal human being woodnt think twice on the matter...

it was not a familyfeud ...but a war between the seekers of this world and the seekers of afterlife
even shimar and yazid were related via marriages to Imam's family

Edited by Panzerwaffe, 11 May 2007 - 06:50 PM.

#20 Salman AbuDharr AlHabashi

Salman AbuDharr AlHabashi
  • Basic Members
  • 5 posts
  • Religion:Usooli, Ithna 'Ashari, Shi'i

Posted 03 January 2012 - 05:37 PM

Jaffar The Flying (as) was of a high rank beyond our appreciation.

Aqeel was not a bad person. Imam Ali (as) went to him for help selecting a bride (Imam Abbas's mother Umm Banin)....but because some mistakes were made in Aqeels life does not make him a bad person. After all, he raised Muslim (as) and Muslim learned from him....we can see how humble of a life Imam Muslim (as) lived.

As for the main topic, Imam Ali (as) had 3 brothers and 2 sisters brother--Ja'far(as) Aqeel(ra) and Talib(ra)....sisters--Fakhita(sa) also known as Fatima or more commonly Umm Hani, and the other was Jumanah

But i could not find and scources about the life or existence of Talib ibn Abu Talib.....only his name and nothing else
And many scources say Jumanah did not exist and was a fictional character created by Bani Ummayah to say she married Abu Sufyan and that Abu Talib was with the Bani Ummayahs side because he offered his daughter to them
But Allahu Alim, Allah knows best and i bet with a little more effort and study we maybe can know the truth, after all it was 1400 years ago.

i could not find any detailed scources about the existence and life of Talib

#21 Salman AbuDharr AlHabashi

• Basic Members
  • 5 posts
  • Religion:Usooli, Ithna 'Ashari, Shi'i

Posted 03 January 2012 - 06:22 PM

hard to believe Id rather have sources to back this up rather then sayin it as it aint right talking about Imam Ali (as) brother like that without evidence to support this....why on eart wood ne1 join their familys enermies even a normal human being woodnt think twice on the matter...I personally think Hazrat Aqeel (as) would do that

Yes Aqeel(ra) was a good person and loved Imam(as) dearly, because the Imam(as) went to him for help.....but Aqeel(ra) did have his hand burned by Imam Ali(as) because he was asking for money not lawful for him, it is in Najul Balagha.

#22 al-`Ajal Ya Imaam

al-`Ajal Ya Imaam

al-Kanadee

• Unregistered
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,135 posts
  • Religion:Shi`ah Ithna `Ashari Usooli Muslim
  • Interests:Listening to Maulana Rizvi's Surah Jumu`ah: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXJbWV-InKs

Posted 07 January 2012 - 01:29 AM

1. Talib, hence Abu Talib
2. Jaffer
3. Aqeel

were his (as) brothers infallible?

No, but that doesn't mean they were bad, they were still the best people to look at.

#23 ArsalanNaqvi89

ArsalanNaqvi89
  • Basic Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 10:23 AM

Hazrat Jumana(RA) was married to Abu Sufyan BIn HAris bin Abdul Muttalib(RA) who was a cousin Of Prophet Mohammad (pbuh)

#24 ArsalanNaqvi89

ArsalanNaqvi89
  • Basic Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 02:40 PM

Hazrat Ali (as) had 3 brothers and 2(a/c to some sources 3) sisters.Eldest son was Talib,who was born in the same year in which Prophet Mohammad (pbuh) was born..after 10 years Hazrat Aqeel (ra) was born, then after 10 years Hazrat Jafar e Tayyar (ra) and then after 10 years Hazrat ALi (as) . In this way Hazrat ALi was 30 years younger than Hazrat Talib (ra). sisters were Ume hani, Jumana and Reeta

Umme Hani (ra) married Habera Bin Abu Wahab Makhzumi and had four sons..Jaadah,Yusuf,Hani and Amr..Jumana (ra) married Abu Sufyan Mughaira Bin Haris (ra) and had a son Jafar .

Hazrat Talib (ra) was last seen in 2 A.H when he was forcefully brought by kuffar in their army...no one saw him after that..this is all i read about him.
Hazrat Aqeel (ra) had 13 sons,7 daughters..and he died in 50 A.H
Hazrat Jafar (ra) had 3 sons and he was martyred in 8 A.H

#25 Haydar Karrar

Haydar Karrar

سلوني سلوني قبل أن تفقدوني

• Advanced Members
  • PipPip
  • 427 posts
  • Religion:Shi'i, Ithna 'Ashari, Usooli

Posted 03 July 2012 - 08:09 PM

Talib was not a son of Abu Talib (ra)......Abu Talib is just his Kunya.

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users